The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts - Page 595 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54480Likes

post #17821 of 18429 Old 05-08-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1564 Post(s)
Liked: 2421
Thanks again @MrGrey ...I actually did enjoy this one, with some pleasant bass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17822 of 18429 Old 05-08-2020, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked: 7541
Hey, guys... it looks like the original Top Gun got top treatment from the sound of Bill Hunt's 4K disc review on thedigitalbits.com...

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/top-gun-uhd

Top Gun was shot photochemically on 35 mm film (in Super 35 format) using Panavision Panaflex cameras and lenses, and was finished on film in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio. For its Ultra HD release, the original camera negative was scanned in 4K, digitally remastered, and graded for high dynamic range (this disc includes both Dolby Vision and HDR10 options). I’m not going to beat around the bush; the image quality improvement here is significant. Going back to the original 2008 Blu-ray release for comparison was actually a shocking experience—that presentation was rife with edge enhancement, compression artifacting, even encoding errors. (And keep in mind, at the time, we all thought it was pretty good—I reviewed it here. It’s amazing to me, looking back, to consider just how far the state of the art in home theater image quality has come.) The whole Blu-ray presentation had an unfortunate “digital” appearance. Well, no more.

The 4K scan offers a dramatic increase in both fine detail and texturing, all of it much tighter and refined looking (save for the odd shot that’s optically soft). Given the film’s use of the Super 35 process, you’d expect to see grain and it’s definitely here, but it’s natural looking, moderate, and never distracting. (And by film grain, I don’t mean a DNR scrubbed image with static digital grain added back in—this is the real deal). Colors are now more naturally saturated and vibrant, but with added nuance and subtlety. Blacks are inky-dark but never look crushed. The brightest areas of the frame are just eye-reactive without appearing too hot or blown out (max luminance is 4,000 nits per the disc’s metadata). This is a beautiful and cinematic film image. I think the best way to describe it is that the film looks its vintage without showing its age. And that’s exactly what you want from a release like this.

As good as the new 4K image is though, the new English Dolby Atmos mix is even better. Paramount has been responsible for some fantastic surround sound mixes over the years, and this one is no exception. The soundstage is big, wide, and constantly immersive. It’s vertically large now too, with the addition of the height channels. Top Gun has always had an unapologetically aggressive surround mix, but it's smoother and more fluid here. Over the opening credits, the sound of jet engines, music, and radio coms filters in from every direction. Afterburners have real muscular punch and plenty of rumbling bass. You can almost feel the Faltermeyer score pulsing in your chest.

Even the quiet moments have pleasing atmospherics, which get much more aggressive in action scenes. During air combat in particular, when you’re looking at in-the-cockpit shots you can hear the hiss of airflow and targeting instrumentation as kind of a close-in bubble of sound from all around, even above. This opens up dramatically when you’re outside the cockpit—the whole sound space swirls around you as the fighters roll and dive. Jets engines pan in from behind and above as enemy aircraft fly into view on screen, then move around the soundstage with the imagery, and pan away again. Clarity is impressive as hell. This is straight-up great Dolby Atmos.

Last edited by SuperFist; 05-08-2020 at 10:30 PM.
post #17823 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Got around to watching Underwater and that movie delivered some great low bass! Thanks to all for the recommend!
SuperFist, rhed, audiofan1 and 1 others like this.

HTPC 5.1.2 on a budget...Epson 5050UB/120"-16x9+DIY black velvet mask 2:35:1, 4-13.5" JL-Audio Subs, 4-10" JBL Woofers, 4 - Polk Surrounds, JBL Center, 2- Polk Presence speakers, 2 - Yamaha Atmos speakers, Adcom Sub Amp 555MKII, Yamaha Receiver TSR-7810, COVID-19 FREE Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17824 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Looks like the Full Resident Evil franchise 4k coming - pulled from bluray.com [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
The atmos tracks on 2 released so far are great

There will be a Resident Evil 6-film Collection 4K box set coming in Italy in October including:
Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)
Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017)
https://www.dvd-store.it/Video/4K--U...6-Blu-Ray-Disc
this link dont work and no info. On this anywhere on the net?
richardsim7 likes this.

LG 77C9PUB + Denon X4500H (11.2) + OPPO 203 + PS4 + Roku
Disc Lot For SALE : HERE!
post #17825 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
Hey, guys... it looks like the original Top Gun got top treatment from the sound of Bill Hunt's 4K disc review on thedigitalbits.com
Great write up, but...it's still Top Gun, bleh!
I'm sure it'll be great, but I'll never know; never did like that movie even as a kid when it came out. It's my friend's favorite movie of all time, and I just don't get that.
However, I have watched some pretty bad movies in the name of scientific acoustic experimentation, just don't know if I can bring myself to do it with this one.

Klipsch RP-8000F L/R | Klipsch RP-504C C | Klipsch RP-500SA atmos | elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM surrounds | Rythmik FV18 Rev2 Paper Cone Black Matte + Elemental Designs A5-350 Restored! | Denon AVR-S920W | Vizio P75-C1
post #17826 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post
Great write up, but...it's still Top Gun, bleh!
I'm sure it'll be great, but I'll never know; never did like that movie even as a kid when it came out. It's my friend's favorite movie of all time, and I just don't get that.
However, I have watched some pretty bad movies in the name of scientific acoustic experimentation, just don't know if I can bring myself to do it with this one.
If sweaty men playing volleyball for 5 minutes straight for no reason doesn't do it for you, I don't know what does.

My HT: 7.3.4
Spoiler!
post #17827 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ now that's funny.
Tom Riddle and Joshua Chmiel like this.
post #17828 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Anyone got a graph for War of the Worlds 4K Atmos? Curious to know how the LFE compares to the BluRay (and even the DTS track on the DVD).
post #17829 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Don't sleep on Resident Evil: Afterlife in Dolby Atmos, guys... it may not be a heavy hitter but it brings the goods and the mayhem, especially in the first 15 min!

Check out what Blu-ray.com's Martin Liebman has to say about it...

Resident Evil: Afterlife's UHD release features a Dolby Atmos soundtrack and it makes for a quality upgrade from the previous release's excellent DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless presentation. The track is stunning, a symphony of action and violence, a barrage of sound that's perfectly defined, refined, and capable of sweeping and swooping through the listing area with amazing precision. Pretty much everything the track has to offer can be heard in the first 15 minutes. The film begins with widely dispersed, airy notes that slowly build towards heavier electronic pulses and deeper notes that play with seamless stage presence -- width, depth, and height -- that's the norm for music throughout the film. Things get exciting, fast. Guns blast and bullets zip and impact surfaces and shatter glass with amazing volume, rush, energy, and sense of place.

Shots ring out from all corners, glass seems to spill in from every direction, bodies fall, swords swing: it's sonic chaos refined. A loudspeaker announcement seems to emanate directly above the listener and filters through the stage with a natural diffusion, an early film and terrific example of what Atmos can bring to a movie watching experience. Alices zip down a shaft with razor-sharp clarity. A wave of destruction pushes through the stage at the 14:50 mark, sending a seriously deep and obviously moving shock through the listening area. It's mayhem made precise and in every action scene the track always seems to outdo itself, to bring something new to the experience. Rounded out by well prioritized and positioned dialogue, Sony's latest Atmos presentation is a beast of a listen that will dazzle those with the ability to hear it in all its added channel glory.

MALICIOUS ONE and Tom Riddle like this.

Last edited by SuperFist; 05-09-2020 at 07:36 PM.
post #17830 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked: 5794
Quote:
Don't sleep on Resident Evil: Afterlife in Dolby Atmos, guys... it may not be a heavy hitter but it brings the goods and the mayhem, especially in the first 15 min!

Better than Retribution? Love that one
Tom Riddle likes this.
post #17831 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Better than Retribution? Love that one
It's very close, but I think Afterlife pulls ahead in the bass dept. and the fact that the UHD has Dolby Atmos!
GPBURNS, Tom Riddle and subacabra like this.
post #17832 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 1129
Quote:
It's very close, but I think Afterlife pulls ahead in the bass dept. and the fact that the UHD has Dolby Atmos!
Resident Evil: Final Chapter is the top dog (audio wise) in series - new Atmos track is one of the best out there
audiofan1 and Tom Riddle like this.

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #17833 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Resident Evil: Final Chapter is the top dog (audio wise) in series - new Atmos track is one of the best out there
Afterlife still takes it in the bass dept., unless you BEQ.

Tom Riddle and subacabra like this.
post #17834 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 1353
Quote:

Check out what Blu-ray.com's Martin Liebman has to say about it...

Resident Evil: Afterlife's UHD release features a Dolby Atmos soundtrack and it makes for a quality upgrade from the previous release's excellent DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless presentation. The track is stunning, a symphony of action and violence, a barrage of sound that's perfectly defined, refined, and capable of sweeping and swooping through the listing area with amazing precision. Pretty much everything the track has to offer can be heard in the first 15 minutes. The film begins with widely dispersed, airy notes that slowly build towards heavier electronic pulses and deeper notes that play with seamless stage presence -- width, depth, and height -- that's the norm for music throughout the film. Things get exciting, fast. Guns blast and bullets zip and impact surfaces and shatter glass with amazing volume, rush, energy, and sense of place.

Shots ring out from all corners, glass seems to spill in from every direction, bodies fall, swords swing: it's sonic chaos refined. A loudspeaker announcement seems to emanate directly above the listener and filters through the stage with a natural diffusion, an early film and terrific example of what Atmos can bring to a movie watching experience. Alices zip down a shaft with razor-sharp clarity. A wave of destruction pushes through the stage at the 14:50 mark, sending a seriously deep and obviously moving shock through the listening area. It's mayhem made precise and in every action scene the track always seems to outdo itself, to bring something new to the experience. Rounded out by well prioritized and positioned dialogue, Sony's latest Atmos presentation is a beast of a listen that will dazzle those with the ability to hear it in all its added channel glory.
I love all of the Resident Evil films! Easy double dip for me.
GPBURNS, SuperFist and audiofan1 like this.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.2.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I & TV3612 Subwoofers
Marantz AV7705 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #17835 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks @SuperFist for the Rhythm Section. Great flick with some good bass. Enjoyed this one.
SuperFist likes this.
post #17836 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 1353
Watched Public Enemies tonight - hadn’t watched it since the Blu came out in 2012. It had some great bass moments, especially during the shootouts and some in the score. Unfortunately, the film is so uneven in its audio mix, mostly when it comes to dialogue reproduction. As a huge fan of Michael Mann, I find it hard to believe this was intended, but you never know. Also, the choice the choice to shoot it digitally was a bit distracting. Maybe a UHD would fix these problems. Still a good movie, but not Mann’s best.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.2.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I & TV3612 Subwoofers
Marantz AV7705 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
post #17837 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 2059
Quote:
Interesting. Afterlife is probably my least favorite RE audio mix. I like the opening act, but I'm not a fan of the rest of it. Maybe it has to do with the movie is my least favorite RE film as well. I'm taking about the regular BD, don't have the ATMOS track. But looking at the heat map, it does seem to have lots of bass. I might give it a spin, RE movies are fun.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
SuperFist likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #17838 of 18429 Old 05-09-2020, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerCa View Post
Interesting. Afterlife is probably my least favorite RE audio mix. I like the opening act, but I'm not a fan of the rest of it. Maybe it has to do with the movie is my least favorite RE film as well. I'm taking about the regular BD, don't have the ATMOS track. But looking at the heat map, it does seem to have lots of bass. I might give it a spin, RE movies are fun.
It was also a major, blatant, substandard rip off of The Matrix in many of its action sequences so it's understandable why some won't want to revisit it. However, my favorite fights involve the giant axe, Pyramid Head type dudes.
Tom Riddle and AmerCa like this.
post #17839 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hardcore Henry (2015)

This movie is bonkers, on all levels. I bough it for the bass, stayed for the insane action. This movie was brought up a handful of times in the old bass thread, with mixed reviews, and overall it didn't seem to draw much interest, probably due to it's filming style. I didn't have any issue following the action, even with subtitles, but I know some have issue with the POV style. But the action, man! This movie is a must-see for any action junkie. It's crazy. But you're here for the bass, right?
@MOberhardt in the BEQ thread, recently brought back some attention to the movie, putting it in the category of bass monsters. And he's not wrong, because it delivers bass in spades, both it quantity an variety. For a 5.1 mix, this audio track is exceptional, and constantly makes use of all channels, with great directionality and precision. You're IN the movie practically at all times thanks to the immersive audio. This is great stuff!

If the action and audio are not enough for you, the film is also hilarious. It's very violent for sure, but it also has a very quirky sense of humor. I knew Sharlto Copley from other movies, but this one made me a fan of him. He's terrific in here. The storyline is absolutely crazy, but also incredibly fun. As you can tell, I enjoyed this movie A LOT. There's a marketing blurb in the cover that puts this movie in the same category as Mad Max: Fury Road. They're completely different movies, but the action in both is so crazy and exciting that guarantees multiple viewings. In that sense, they do belong in the same category, great audio included.

Like I said, the POV filming style could be a deal breaker for some, if you can't get into it. I find the fast editing of the Bourne movies, the Taken movies or some Resident Evil ones a lot more distracting and hard to follow than Hardcore Henry, but I don't know. I can only give this movie my highest recommendation. It's just so much fun.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #17840 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 02:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1592 Post(s)
Liked: 1236
Quote:
Hardcore Henry (2015)

This movie is bonkers, on all levels. I bough it for the bass, stayed for the insane action. This movie was brought up a handful of times in the old bass thread, with mixed reviews, and overall it didn't seem to draw much interest, probably due to it's filming style. I didn't have any issue following the action, even with subtitles, but I know some have issue with the POV style. But the action, man! This movie is a must-see for any action junkie. It's crazy. But you're here for the bass, right?
@MOberhardt in the BEQ thread, recently brought back some attention to the movie, putting it in the category of bass monsters. And he's not wrong, because it delivers bass in spades, both it quantity an variety. For a 5.1 mix, this audio track is exceptional, and constantly makes use of all channels, with great directionality and precision. You're IN the movie practically at all times thanks to the immersive audio. This is great stuff!

If the action and audio are not enough for you, the film is also hilarious. It's very violent for sure, but it also has a very quirky sense of humor. I knew Sharlto Copley from other movies, but this one made me a fan of him. He's terrific in here. The storyline is absolutely crazy, but also incredibly fun. As you can tell, I enjoyed this movie A LOT. There's a marketing blurb in the cover that puts this movie in the same category as Mad Max: Fury Road. They're completely different movies, but the action in both is so crazy and exciting that guarantees multiple viewings. In that sense, they do belong in the same category, great audio included.

Like I said, the POV filming style could be a deal breaker for some, if you can't get into it. I find the fast editing of the Bourne movies, the Taken movies or some Resident Evil ones a lot more distracting and hard to follow than Hardcore Henry, but I don't know. I can only give this movie my highest recommendation. It's just so much fun.

Thanks bud! I can't express enough what an unexpected delight this movie was in so many many ways . Firstly just from it being a movie I avoided due to bad word on it, and to see it the first time and just having a grin glued to my face the entire time from enjoyment at so many levels.

Right out the gate you realize, oh gee the LFE, starting with the heartbeat, and then all throughout, it was incessant tactile bass. And all gunshots explosions, impacts etc, not score. It was incredible.

And from a film making perspective, just unbelievable. It is lower res image
wise but the choreography and editing was just jaw dropping. I can't think of any film I've seen where I've been just awestruck wondering how on Earth did they do that?

And the story and script was fantastic and hilarious. Sharlto Copeley was just incredible, even more overboard than his Murdock in A-Team. But even some unspoken stuff was hilarious like the whole horse scene with the western music playing, or even some of the over the top violence with bodies flying getting blown uo, or that last rooftop scene with Queen playing. I was laughing so much but feeling king of bad as it was just so xxxxed up!!!

But the non stop tactile LFE was unparalleled.

Oh my gosh I love this movie. After I saw it I found out there was a German Blu Ray with Atmos so I bought that.,
post #17841 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hardcore Henry (2015)

You really need to hear the Dolby Atmos soundtrack!
Tom Riddle, Nalleh and AmerCa like this.
post #17842 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 1129
Quote:
Afterlife still takes it in the bass dept., unless you BEQ.
speaking in overall soundtrack sense
SuperFist and Tom Riddle like this.

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #17843 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Thanks @SuperFist for the Rhythm Section. Great flick with some good bass. Enjoyed this one.
I am just the opposite. While it did have some good bass and had my seat buzzing quite a bit, the story just wasn't told very well for me.
Spoiler!
There is more but the story telling definitely rubbed me wrong. The pace of the movie didn't hold me. The action sequences came across to me as aspiring to be bad Bourne Identity action sequence ripoffs. It wasn't the worst movie I have ever saw. There was enough interest in there for me wanting more and the lack of it not being fulfilled ruined it for me.

7.3.4 Setup---TV: LG OLED 65B7A, Receiver: Marantz SR-6012, External 2-channel amplifier: Marantz MM7025 (Front Towers), Blu-Ray Player: LG UBK90, Fronts: JBL S312, Center: JBL S-Center, Surrounds: JBL S38, Surround Backs: JBL S36 ,Top: JBL S36 (4), Subwoofer: 2 PSA S3000i and one PSA XS-30se
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...&action=hybrid
post #17844 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Got done watching Underwater. While the movie itself came across as standard fare horror movie, the soundmix is top notch even as 7.1 DTS HD. The neural upmix my receiver did challenges some of the best Atmos mixes I have ever heard. The dynamics aside from the incredible bass is excellent. Now that incredible bass! It started off strong and continued through out making me hear a lot of my house scaring me it was about to collapse on top of me. There were steady rhythm beats that hit hard enough it felt like it was messing with my heart beat. Have any of you ever drove down the interstate on a windy day and rolled down just the rear passenger window to get some breeze and not encounter a bunch of wind noise you would get rolling down driver side window? You know that wobble sound you can get that feels like trying to pull your eardrum out? At one point I even got that! I want to stress I wasn't doing anything crazy with my setup. My equipment is listed below. Receiver settings are Audyssey from when I added my external amp and extra pair of speakers for 7.3.4. Subs set where I calibrated them to so when Audyssey ran it would set them at -11. DEQ was on and volume set to -10. Nothing more, no BEQ, no running subs extra hot, just a basic setup with half decent equipment and a properly mixed soundtrack. I can not say enough good things about this mix!

7.3.4 Setup---TV: LG OLED 65B7A, Receiver: Marantz SR-6012, External 2-channel amplifier: Marantz MM7025 (Front Towers), Blu-Ray Player: LG UBK90, Fronts: JBL S312, Center: JBL S-Center, Surrounds: JBL S38, Surround Backs: JBL S36 ,Top: JBL S36 (4), Subwoofer: 2 PSA S3000i and one PSA XS-30se
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...&action=hybrid

Last edited by Joshua Chmiel; 05-10-2020 at 11:44 AM.
post #17845 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Looks like Ralph’s review of War of the Worlds shows the LFE was neutered during the pod scene
post #17846 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You really need to hear the Dolby Atmos soundtrack!
Most definitely! I just wish the ATMOS track was included in the US release, I don't understand why they didn't do it. I'll have to import the European edition at some point, as I'm not ATMOS capable yet.

SuperFist and Tom Riddle like this.

post #17847 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Looks like Ralph’s review of War of the Worlds shows the LFE was neutered during the pod scene
No way!!!

post #17848 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quoted: 1874 Post(s)
Liked: 7129
Quote:
Lmao. I can't wait to graphic this. It's funny how last night it came to mind that i might have to mux the 5.1 to the UHD or just let it die and move on with my BD disc. Nothing worse than ruining a great 15 year old mix. But let's see what the graph shows before going too crazy.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
DrMichael likes this.
post #17849 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Hey Super, sorry if I missed this somewhere, but is there a graph that shows the FR difference between the DVD version of WotW and the Blu-ray DTS-HD verison?

If I remuxed my Bluray copy with your provided file, would I still want to apply BEQ settings from the BEQ thread or no?

Thanks!
Look at this post: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=58582182

I don't remember anyone doing a proper graph of the DTS DVD audio. If you want to BEQ, use the DTS-MA. Most people BEQ capable would rather have the lossless over the lossy track, especially because most watch from disc. The DTS mix is hotter, so you'd need a specific BEQ for it.

post #17850 of 18429 Old 05-10-2020, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
I've now cancelled my pre-order. So glad it didn't ship early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page