post #1 of 3 Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Dual Monolith+ setup

Need a little advice.
Just about to get an extra Monolith+
BEFORE i do the Pioneer Mcacc Calibration, what position should the Gain dial be on the rear of the subs?. 9.o clock?
After i do the full calibration on all speakers, i need to get the levels correct (75Db) with a SPL meter. Again what position should the Gain dial be at the rear BEFORE i do this? Is it done by dialing up the gain on rear of sub or using the levels on the Pioneer amp? Little bit confused with this bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Greenwood View Post
Need a little advice.
Just about to get an extra Monolith+
BEFORE i do the Pioneer Mcacc Calibration, what position should the Gain dial be on the rear of the subs?. 9.o clock?
After i do the full calibration on all speakers, i need to get the levels correct (75Db) with a SPL meter. Again what position should the Gain dial be at the rear BEFORE i do this? Is it done by dialing up the gain on rear of sub or using the levels on the Pioneer amp? Little bit confused with this bit!
Not familiar with the Mcacc calibration but i'm sure the premise is similar to Audyssey. The gain setting on your sub will vary based on how far your sub is from the MLP and the potency of the sub itself. Your goal is to play with the gain setting then run room correction so that (post) calibration should set your AVR sub trim well into the (-). Find out what your AVR max (-) trim level goes to manually and aim to have Mcacc set it post calibration within one pr two db's of that. That will allow you to then add as many db's (hot) to your avr sub trim and still stay in the (-) keeping a clean signal to your sub.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-18-2017, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Not familiar with the Mcacc calibration but i'm sure the premise is similar to Audyssey. The gain setting on your sub will vary based on how far your sub is from the MLP and the potency of the sub itself. Your goal is to play with the gain setting then run room correction so that (post) calibration should set your AVR sub trim well into the (-). Find out what your AVR max (-) trim level goes to manually and aim to have Mcacc set it post calibration within one pr two db's of that. That will allow you to then add as many db's (hot) to your avr sub trim and still stay in the (-) keeping a clean signal to your sub.
Thank you for the info! That makes sense.
Weirdly info and tutorials etc on Pioneer's Mcacc is MUCH harder to find. Audyssey is clearly much more popular.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page