Found an Onkyo SKW-150, Any Good? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Found an Onkyo SKW-150, Any Good?

Found a subwoofer in my parents basement. I know it's old, but I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with it, or if based on its ratings you could give me some info.

I'm a complete novice so I have no idea, but it is an Onkyo SKW-150, Ratings - AC 120V, 60Hz, and 75W.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 187
It's from one of Onkyo's HTIB systems (SKS-HT230). It's an 8-inch, 75W RMS/150W peak power sub so it probably isn't going to pack much of a punch, but it might be enough for a small room. It's probably worth about $50 on ebay/craigslist.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
It's from one of Onkyo's HTIB systems (SKS-HT230). It's an 8-inch, 75W RMS/150W peak power sub so it probably isn't going to pack much of a punch, but it might be enough for a small room. It's probably worth about $50 on ebay/craigslist.

Well that's a little disappointing. But I did just purchase a bunch of speakers and a receiver for an atmos setup, and I was holding off on a sub for now because I live in an apartment and I don't want to bother my neighbors, so a little sub like that could be fine for now.

One thing I noticed though was that the subwoofer that's part of the HTIB package is an SKW-150X. Mine doesn't have the X. I'm guessing Onkyo also sold the sub by itself, and that is the one I have.

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalermo View Post
Well that's a little disappointing. But I did just purchase a bunch of speakers and a receiver for an atmos setup, and I was holding off on a sub for now because I live in an apartment and I don't want to bother my neighbors, so a little sub like that could be fine for now.

One thing I noticed though was that the subwoofer that's part of the HTIB package is an SKW-150X. Mine doesn't have the X. I'm guessing Onkyo also sold the sub by itself, and that is the one I have.

Thanks for the info.
It will probably be fine for your apartment. I used an Onkyo HTIB system in my small condo living room for years and enjoyed it. I have been upgrading my system this year and just got a new sub yesterday because of a good deal at Fry's. Now I'll have to be careful not to piss off my neighbors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page