Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1114Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 613 Old 03-29-2019, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
DinoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Silver Spring, MD USA
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4 View Post
Thats a bummer but he must be busy. At least he had time to like a post ti buy one if his subs.

Honestly with Rythmik, Hsu, Funk and PSA and there customer service and responding to emails, chat, opine calls these are the companies that get my money.
Yeah. I don't mind giving my business to the little guy and I understand that delays happen. But I start to get uneasy when I get radio silence. He is the only one that has this product that I need. (Replacement amp for MFW-15) I actually need 2. I only ordered 1. If I get that one, I'll order a second.
oneeyeblind and flat4 like this.
DinoT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 613 Old 04-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Member
 
balinton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Pleased Customer 2nd Submersive inbound!

Hey Guys.

Just wanted to provide a positive note from my recent experience to maybe encourage others to take a leap of faith... I know mark has been super busy but i have always had a great experience working with him and finally pulled the trigger on getting another submersive. I submitted my order on his website i think it was Wednesday and within an hour or so i had a dialog open via email and was invoiced and paid right away and had my shipping notification from Fedex the next day. My submersive will be here by Monday which is awesome and i was blown away with how easy and quick everything was. I also want to note that on the website it shows as backordered but i just ordered anyway figuring i wasn't in a rush and could wait. I am guessing i got lucky since this was a slave unit since i already have a Submersive HP+ Master so they were in stock and ready to go but still it was a great experience and mark makes some really incredible products.

Good luck!
Brandon
neophite, shivaji and jamiebosco like this.

Thanks,
Brandon Linton
Mini Penn Cinema HT Build 1.0
balinton is offline  
post #273 of 613 Old 04-05-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
calentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Corona, CA 92879-1055
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Did you order the interconnecting cable?

--Carl
calentz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #274 of 613 Old 04-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Mark can’t be that busy making sub/speakers. If he was, all of his customers should be getting their sub/speakers within 3 weeks. Instead 3 months delay. And I don’t understand why you guys have to pay him in full on back order.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Butny and oneeyeblind like this.
Mac4k is offline  
post #275 of 613 Old 04-07-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 1,288
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 1848
It’s classic bs. That’s all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oneeyeblind likes this.
David Charles is offline  
post #276 of 613 Old 04-08-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,978
Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
Yeah. I don't mind giving my business to the little guy and I understand that delays happen. But I start to get uneasy when I get radio silence. He is the only one that has this product that I need. (Replacement amp for MFW-15) I actually need 2. I only ordered 1. If I get that one, I'll order a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4k View Post
Mark can’t be that busy making sub/speakers. If he was, all of his customers should be getting their sub/speakers within 3 weeks. Instead 3 months delay. And I don’t understand why you guys have to pay him in full on back order.
While there have been some delays with other products, mostly new amplifier versions or products, DinoT is referring to an MFW-15 Mk2 amplifier, not any of our speakers or subwoofers. This is a bit different case where any business manager would tell me to drop or significantly increase the price of the upgrade/replacement amplifiers custom made to service a product I designed for another company, but had little input on the production choices. We order them periodically in batches, and sometimes those batches get delayed for a variety of reasons, which happened in this case.

I've recently been in touch with most all of those waiting. If someone hasn't heard back, please check spam folders and then e-mail the main [email protected] e-mail. Near the end of the year my main assembly guy who has been with us for 9 years started having some intermittent health issues which turned into an indefinite leave in late January. I have part time overflow help, but I've had much less time to answer phones vs e-mail. Time demands outside of work with my 14 month old son also makes e-mails much more practical to respond to than voice messages. If someone needs a phone call, e-mail with the best time and number to contact you with, along with some general overview about the questions you have.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
post #277 of 613 Old 04-08-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,978
Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by balinton View Post
Hey Guys.

Just wanted to provide a positive note from my recent experience to maybe encourage others to take a leap of faith... I know mark has been super busy but i have always had a great experience working with him and finally pulled the trigger on getting another submersive. I submitted my order on his website i think it was Wednesday and within an hour or so i had a dialog open via email and was invoiced and paid right away and had my shipping notification from Fedex the next day. My submersive will be here by Monday which is awesome and i was blown away with how easy and quick everything was. I also want to note that on the website it shows as backordered but i just ordered anyway figuring i wasn't in a rush and could wait. I am guessing i got lucky since this was a slave unit since i already have a Submersive HP+ Master so they were in stock and ready to go but still it was a great experience and mark makes some really incredible products.

Good luck!
Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of quickly. Most often slave units are available more quickly. I'll check on better ways to indicate current lead times on different "out of stock" items on the website. In this case your order came in between deliveries from our cabinet shop, and final loading of SubMersives can happen in 1 day if all parts are on the shelf, including the built-to-order slave cable in your case. New HP+, F2+, and F18+ units will have a longer lead time than slave units right now at 3-5 weeks after selling through our most recent deliveries of amplifiers.

The goal is to extend the experience you had to a wider range of our standard finish products in the near future.
jamiebosco likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
post #278 of 613 Old 04-08-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
While there have been some delays with other products, mostly new amplifier versions or products, DinoT is referring to an MFW-15 Mk2 amplifier, not any of our speakers or subwoofers. This is a bit different case where any business manager would tell me to drop or significantly increase the price of the upgrade/replacement amplifiers custom made to service a product I designed for another company, but had little input on the production choices. We order them periodically in batches, and sometimes those batches get delayed for a variety of reasons, which happened in this case.

I've recently been in touch with most all of those waiting. If someone hasn't heard back, please check spam folders and then e-mail the main [email protected] e-mail. Near the end of the year my main assembly guy who has been with us for 9 years started having some intermittent health issues which turned into an indefinite leave in late January. I have part time overflow help, but I've had much less time to answer phones vs e-mail. Time demands outside of work with my 14 month old son also makes e-mails much more practical to respond to than voice messages. If someone needs a phone call, e-mail with the best time and number to contact you with, along with some general overview about the questions you have.
Cheers Mark, received my email this morning!!!!
drh3b likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #279 of 613 Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2939 Post(s)
Liked: 3754
Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Cheers Mark, received my email this morning!!!!


Woohoo! So happy for you mate! Your patience has finally paid off. @Mark Seaton this is the most patient person I have ever seen. Please take care of him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is offline  
post #280 of 613 Old 04-08-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
calentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Corona, CA 92879-1055
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I also received an E-Mail from Mark saying I would be taken care of by month's end.

--Carl
calentz is offline  
post #281 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 01:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Woohoo! So happy for you mate! Your patience has finally paid off. @Mark Seaton this is the most patient person I have ever seen. Please take care of him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I don't know about that mate, but thank you!!!
I was always confident that Mark was going to do his best look after me, and also felt there must have been something going on in his personal or business life, I certainly didn't want to add any additional stress to his plate


Mark has a new black oak SubMersive cabinet ready to ship out to me and said he has also beefed up the packaging to provide a bit more protection against damage during transit.
Can't wait!
chucky7, femi, audiofan1 and 2 others like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #282 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 11,815
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 1600
Mark, I haven't ordered anything in a while. Are you asking people to pay up front for products that may have a long lead time?
oneeyeblind likes this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Last edited by craig john; 04-09-2019 at 07:20 AM.
craig john is offline  
post #283 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,978
Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Mark, I haven't ordered anything in a while. Are you asking people to pay up front for products that may have a long lead time?
While others like JTR take full payment with 1-2 month lead times, and plenty of others do with pre-orders, we generally cut off at 3-4 weeks for standard items, and offer a partial deposit for longer lead items. Premium finishes may require a higher % deposit as well. When checking out on our website there is an option to pay prior to delivery for cases where someone prefers to call with a credit card or send a check or other payment, as placing the order online saves a lot of time and chance of transcribing errors vs over the phone.

The replacement/upgrade amplifiers for the MFW-15 are almost entirely run through the website, and are a little different as these are done at a lower margin to keep the price down. The same option is there at checkout, where you can make payment or no payment, but your payment confirms your spot in line. Typically these are never more than 6 weeks out. Multiple factors around the end of year and in the 2 months after both at SpeakerPower, other suppliers, and here delayed their arrival in this specific case. We sold through the batch on order being delivered around the time the first 1/2 shipped to us, and will have more in about 5 weeks. I have had issues in the past with ordering per expressed interest and many not responding when they arrive, so I made adjustments to continue availability long into the future. When lead times are predictable, it works. When they become less predictable, I need to have better ways to keep those who ordered updated, which I've set up for better now with e-mail lists and such.
giomania, bulls and jamiebosco like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
post #284 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,780
Mentioned: 311 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3636 Post(s)
Liked: 4780
@Mark Seaton

Please take care of jamiebosco... For God sake, his avatar is you!!!

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3

Last edited by chucky7; 04-09-2019 at 05:03 PM.
chucky7 is online now  
post #285 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,978
Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
@Mark Seaton

Please take care of jamiebosco... For God sake, his avatar is your!!!
Yes, he's getting taken care of. This particular situation got messy with FedEx denying the obvious damage claim (multiple lessons learned), and various other issues in getting the cosmetic replacement of the large cabinet to him in Australia.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
post #286 of 613 Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
@Mark Seaton

Please take care of jamiebosco... For God sake, his avatar is you!!!


haha thanks Chucky!
Mark is taking care of me, and has possibly sourced me a lightly used 240V 6000W master/slave amp for my SubMersives at a reduced price, which was the end goal for my pair
chucky7, muscles and drh3b like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #287 of 613 Old 04-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
toddct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
haha thanks Chucky!
Mark is taking care of me, and has possibly sourced me a lightly used 240V 6000W master/slave amp for my SubMersives at a reduced price, which was the end goal for my pair
Hey mate, did you get your cabinet and amps yet? @Mark Seaton , we are anxiously awaiting Jaime's impressions of the new cabinet and upgraded amps. 6000W for master/slave submersives! That's a lot of fire power and looking forward to hearing the differences.

cheers mate

Todd
jamiebosco and ronildoq like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
toddct is offline  
post #288 of 613 Old 04-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I’m using a stacked pair with 6000w master slave paired with lyngdorf auxiliary channels, I love how the goosebumps and hair stand when hit with the Low bass energy, one of my fav scenes is from the movie real steel, there is one twin bot fighting scene and towards the end another fighting scene.

Quite awesome the F18, when the subs are cruising, with tons of headroom, the benefits are massive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toddct likes this.
ronildoq is offline  
post #289 of 613 Old 04-21-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
Hey mate, did you get your cabinet and amps yet? @Mark Seaton, we are anxiously awaiting Jaime's impressions of the new cabinet and upgraded amps. 6000W for master/slave submersives! That's a lot of fire power and looking forward to hearing the differences.

cheers mate

Todd
Hey Todd!


Thanks for checking in brother!


Hopefully the SubM cabinet ships out soon, I think Mark is working on adding to his already very good packaging to ensure that another shipping accident doesn't happen in transit, as I'm sure that would be equally heartbreaking for both of us!


The discounted 6Kw amp is still just a possibility, I think it may be a customer trade-in or someone that has upgraded to a SP rack amp. I think there is also an increased chance of hum/noise with the 240V 6000w amps, but I would be more than happy to purchase something like the BJC Isolation Transformer if it reduced the noise as the extra power would be nice to have on tap! To be honest though, I'm really needing the Auto On/Off, or 12v Trigger. The LF adjust will also be great or dialling in more of a house curve too


cheers mate
Jamie
drh3b likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #290 of 613 Old 04-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
toddct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
No worries mate, hope you get your stuff soon. Well, as much as soon applies to shipping crap down under!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
To be honest though, I'm really needing "the 6000W amps"!
There, I fixed that for you. Your priorities were a little off.

Hum shmum, you're going to be rocking them so loud you won't even hear it. Concerning the 12v or auto on/off, I actually leave mine on all the time right now. Though, I might start using the 12v trigger. And not that I would encourage someone to spend more money, said no AVSer ever, but if you are looking to dial in a nice house curve the miniDSP is an awesome tool. So much you can do with that thing. Not to mention BEQ. @tvuong won't even watch movies anymore without BEQ!

cheers mate

Todd
jamiebosco likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
toddct is offline  
post #291 of 613 Old 04-22-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2939 Post(s)
Liked: 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
No worries mate, hope you get your stuff soon. Well, as much as soon applies to shipping crap down under!







There, I fixed that for you. Your priorities were a little off.



Hum shmum, you're going to be rocking them so loud you won't even hear it. Concerning the 12v or auto on/off, I actually leave mine on all the time right now. Though, I might start using the 12v trigger. And not that I would encourage someone to spend more money, said no AVSer ever, but if you are looking to dial in a nice house curve the miniDSP is an awesome tool. So much you can do with that thing. Not to mention BEQ. @tvuong won't even watch movies anymore without BEQ!



cheers mate



Todd


BEQ and BOSS for me and Tony


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is offline  
post #292 of 613 Old 04-22-2019, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mark Seaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 6,978
Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Hey Todd!

Thanks for checking in brother!

Hopefully the SubM cabinet ships out soon, I think Mark is working on adding to his already very good packaging to ensure that another shipping accident doesn't happen in transit, as I'm sure that would be equally heartbreaking for both of us!

The discounted 6Kw amp is still just a possibility, I think it may be a customer trade-in or someone that has upgraded to a SP rack amp. I think there is also an increased chance of hum/noise with the 240V 6000w amps, but I would be more than happy to purchase something like the BJC Isolation Transformer if it reduced the noise as the extra power would be nice to have on tap! To be honest though, I'm really needing the Auto On/Off, or 12v Trigger. The LF adjust will also be great or dialling in more of a house curve too


cheers mate
Jamie
The 6kW amps are a tricky subject. In good conditions, they are pretty awesome, but the huge Voltages switching internally set a slightly higher absolute noise floor. If you have lots of efficient woofers in a very quiet basment, that might bump up the noise floor at the listening position. The amplifiers also expect an effective ground connection. There's a long way between a functional and a highly effective, low impedance ground. Areas with more sandy soil can make that low impedance ground trickier. Combine that with various consumer gear and widely varying grounding approaches, and we have some dead quiet, and some with issues. The original style amplifiers, which are actually MORE expensive to manufacture, having full isolation transformer on the input and less flexible, but very good quality circuitry, had fewer cases of nuisances, but not zero. The 120V 4000W amplifiers have had many fewer issues beyond expected system grounding interactions with gear not using the 3rd pin safety ground. All of the newer ICEpower based amplifiers can operate without the safety ground. You simply can't, or shouldn't, have an amplifier with more than ~2000W continuous without a safety ground. For those wondering, the "1920W" amplifiers used by Power Sound are based on pairing 2 ICEPower 700AS1 modules, rather than a single, large amplifier, where this power is available to drive 2 separate loads, rather than on a single pair of speaker leads. These modules, and most of the newer ICEpower modules are designed to allow operation without a 3rd pin ground connection, but can't provide quite the power available from the proprietary Torpedo designs from SpeakerPower (these are their own circuit design start to finish).

Jamie recalls correctly, that we were waiting on the amplifier mentioned to come back to us, which will be by early next week. His replacement SubMersive is now here ready and waiting. While the new amp features are nice, you could easily pay for a MiniDSP which is dramatically more flexible with the savings. Things to ponder.
jamiebosco likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Mark Seaton is offline  
post #293 of 613 Old 04-22-2019, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jamiebosco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
The 6kW amps are a tricky subject. In good conditions, they are pretty awesome, but the huge Voltages switching internally set a slightly higher absolute noise floor. If you have lots of efficient woofers in a very quiet basment, that might bump up the noise floor at the listening position. The amplifiers also expect an effective ground connection. There's a long way between a functional and a highly effective, low impedance ground. Areas with more sandy soil can make that low impedance ground trickier. Combine that with various consumer gear and widely varying grounding approaches, and we have some dead quiet, and some with issues. The original style amplifiers, which are actually MORE expensive to manufacture, having full isolation transformer on the input and less flexible, but very good quality circuitry, had fewer cases of nuisances, but not zero. The 120V 4000W amplifiers have had many fewer issues beyond expected system grounding interactions with gear not using the 3rd pin safety ground. All of the newer ICEpower based amplifiers can operate without the safety ground. You simply can't, or shouldn't, have an amplifier with more than ~2000W continuous without a safety ground. For those wondering, the "1920W" amplifiers used by Power Sound are based on pairing 2 ICEPower 700AS1 modules, rather than a single, large amplifier, where this power is available to drive 2 separate loads, rather than on a single pair of speaker leads. These modules, and most of the newer ICEpower modules are designed to allow operation without a 3rd pin ground connection, but can't provide quite the power available from the proprietary Torpedo designs from SpeakerPower (these are their own circuit design start to finish).

Jamie recalls correctly, that we were waiting on the amplifier mentioned to come back to us, which will be by early next week. His replacement SubMersive is now here ready and waiting. While the new amp features are nice, you could easily pay for a MiniDSP which is dramatically more flexible with the savings. Things to ponder.

Yay!!That's great news Mark!


Honestly, I do think a pair of your new 1200/2400W amps would actually be more than enough for me, and allow me to keep my current (still functioning) amps as back-ups in case of an amp failure in the future.


Please email me when you receive the 6000w amp back, and let me know the pricing etc


Cheers
Jamie

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
jamiebosco is online now  
post #294 of 613 Old 04-25-2019, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Just picked up my first JS-12. I have to say that the communication from Mark was first rate and the sub was ready soon after I ordered it. I picked it up today and Mark took some time to explain the options on the amp to me in detail, which I appreciated. I've already played around with it and it sounds great. I look forward to seeing what it can do. I already am thinking about getting a second one in the not too distant future.
Mark Seaton and toddct like this.

hogues is offline  
post #295 of 613 Old 04-25-2019, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
toddct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Definitely let us know your impressions once you get it dialed in. The dual JS12s were super impressive at the Houston GTG, most everyone was shocked at it's performance in my big room.

Todd
hogues and drh3b like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Last edited by toddct; 04-25-2019 at 03:50 PM.
toddct is offline  
post #296 of 613 Old 04-25-2019, 08:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Jackson, Texas
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
Definitely let us know your impressions once you get it dialed in. The dual JS12s were super impressive at the Houston GTG, most everyone was shocked at it's performance in my big room.

Todd
I will agree with Todd the JS12s were so impressive at his house that I couldn’t resist buying them. Saving up for to more to add to the back of the room.
hogues, toddct and drh3b like this.
modesto66 is offline  
post #297 of 613 Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
hogues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I will. I'm not very proficient in EQ, but I'm trying to learn. I just replaced my Denon 4311 CI with a NAD 758 V3, I haven't run DIRAC yet but I still like the sound better than the the Denon. I think that that has to do with audyssey more than anything else.

hogues is offline  
post #298 of 613 Old 04-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
toddct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by modesto66 View Post
I will agree with Todd the JS12s were so impressive at his house that I couldn’t resist buying them. Saving up for to more to add to the back of the room.
Glad those worked out for you Modesto! 4 of those in a room is pretty potent!

Todd
jamiebosco likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
toddct is offline  
post #299 of 613 Old 05-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
llang269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tinley Park IL
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Does anyone know how to reset or a way to fix the amp if the red clip/fault light? This is on the 4000 m/s Submersive amp.

llang269 is offline  
post #300 of 613 Old 05-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Ediddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by llang269 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset or a way to fix the amp if the red clip/fault light? This is on the 4000 m/s Submersive amp.
Also the amp blinks 4 times in a row then pauses and blinks 1 more time. I have taken XLR CABLES of and switched outlets. I’m working on upgrading my system to atmos this week and wasn’t anticipating having the amp go into protection mode.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
Ediddy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off