Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 445Likes

post #331 of 372 Old 06-03-2019, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by llang269 View Post
Are those Jtr speakers? I’m really thinking about them in my next system!
Yeah- 215RM LCR and 8 single 8's in various configurations for Atmos.
llang269 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 372 Old 06-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Do you have pictures of how you have the surrounds and ceilings mounted? I’m wondering how I can mount the slanted 8’s on the ceiling.
DRC3 likes this.

post #333 of 372 Old 06-03-2019, 02:06 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Do you have pictures of how you have the surrounds and ceilings mounted? I’m wondering how I can mount the slanted 8’s on the ceiling.

Head over to the JTR thread, and search for posts by me, because I posted about ceiling mounting of slanted 8’s.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
llang269 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 372 Old 06-04-2019, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
I built boxes that had 4 screws for the 4 keyholes. Mounted boxes to ceiling with 3" screws. I ran 1x2 strattled by 1x6 to create a channel for wiring, once painted it looks like a coffered ceiling.

I followed similar techniques as Giomania and SOWK.
giomania and llang269 like this.
post #335 of 372 Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2187 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
Seaton's subs still make him King!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #336 of 372 Old 06-13-2019, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Mark came and we replaced the two failed SubMersive amps and moved the two good amps to the subs with the failed amps, so all four amps were removed. The two subs with the working amps were converted to HP+ Master/Slave combo. Since we were removing a lot of amps, I decided to make a quick video that may help others in the future. I discussed with Mark about why the failures occur, and SpeakerPower could not find any particular fault, so it is just life with electronics.

https://youtu.be/be33npW2ogs

Mark
Many thanks for this invaluable video. It seems Mark is next-to-impossible to reach these days and when you do manage to reach him, he doesn't seem to consistently follow up to his commitments. Discovering in this thread that other frustrated Seaton owners had reached out to Speakerpower directly was also very helpful.

Anyway I wanted to point out a possible error in the DIY recipe for the "amp removal tool". The recipe specifies a large flat washer with an ID of 15/16" or 24mm. Well good luck finding that specific size in either imperial or metric! Living in the manufacturing belt of Southern Ontario I had access to many industrial fastener suppliers and none of them stocked this size. A helpful Brafasco telephone salesperson suggested I drop in and try a 7/8" washer. Out came my calipers and I measured the OD of the male threads on the Neutrik Powercon connector- 22.8mm... A trip to Brafasco proved the phone rep's wisdom. The 7/8" ID washer was a perfect fit.
jamiebosco likes this.

Live fast. Ride hard... and have a good looking bike.
post #337 of 372 Old 06-13-2019, 02:01 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincehoffman View Post
Many thanks for this invaluable video. It seems Mark is next-to-impossible to reach these days and when you do manage to reach him, he doesn't seem to consistently follow up to his commitments. Discovering in this thread that other frustrated Seaton owners had reached out to Speakerpower directly was also very helpful.

Anyway I wanted to point out a possible error in the DIY recipe for the "amp removal tool". The recipe specifies a large flat washer with an ID of 15/16" or 24mm. Well good luck finding that specific size in either imperial or metric! Living in the manufacturing belt of Southern Ontario I had access to many industrial fastener suppliers and none of them stocked this size. A helpful Brafasco telephone salesperson suggested I drop in and try a 7/8" washer. Out came my calipers and I measured the OD of the male threads on the Neutrik Powercon connector- 22.8mm... A trip to Brafasco proved the phone rep's wisdom. The 7/8" ID washer was a perfect fit.

Thanks for the clarification. Mark did mention it was a 7/8” washer, but since I didn’t actually buy a washer, I went with the measurements I took from the items I had on hand. I can edit the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jamiebosco likes this.
post #338 of 372 Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I'm super stoked, I just moved into a new home with HT. It's kind of small as you can see from pictures but it is closed up completely.

I came from having my HT in a huge basement. I had two Seaton Masters and one slave in old house. And they rocked. But I always wanted more tactile... but basement on slab was just too insanely large and open to rest of house.

New place as you can see, I have a master slave in each corner.

Without even calibrating the two seatons (will do so with dirac live) in this room, they are hitting pretty hard.

I just ordered two more slaves so I'm going to see how good it is with the four.

If I stack they will be close the bottom of L/R speaker grills, so I think I'll put them side by side, two in each front quarter.

*** If anyone with alot of audio experience, can tell my looking at room pics, and thinks two in back and two in front would be best, please advise.
(I do have room for F18's behind seats, I moved seats to by about 1/3 of room forward off walls)

oneeyeblind, djreef and leehan76 like this.
post #339 of 372 Old 07-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Exclamation

Does anyone know what is up with Mark Seaton? There doesn't seem to be anyone able to reach him here or over on his own forum site. No responses to new queries and no follow-up on months-old customer service issues. This really sucks!

Live fast. Ride hard... and have a good looking bike.
post #340 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Still waiting on the refund of my money. Have not heard from Mark since begin April. I don’t have a sub for almost a year now. And don’t have the money to shop elsewhere at the moment.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #341 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartijnHigh View Post
Still waiting on the refund of my money. Have not heard from Mark since begin April. I don’t have a sub for almost a year now. And don’t have the money to shop elsewhere at the moment.
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that! So you paid in full in July 2018 and still haven't received anything at all? I (thankfully) received my sub quite quickly after ordering, it just arrived damaged
What did Mark say in his last email to you in April?
I personally don't like hounding Mark over this, but in your case I would be emailing every few days till you get a reply
sk373 and indebtbassfreak like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #342 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that! So you paid in full in July 2018 and still haven't received anything at all? I (thankfully) received my sub quite quickly after ordering, it just arrived damaged
I personally don't like hounding Mark over this, but in your case I would be emailing every few days till you get a reply
I would be e-mailing and calling *every* day, maybe even twice a day. He *should* be hounded—after all, he gladly accepted payment. You guys held up your end of the bargain. The *least* he can do is make it right.
toddct, jamiebosco, flat4 and 1 others like this.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
post #343 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Mark recently posted in a post (last week), so he's definitely on-line and around..

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post58236312
flat4 likes this.
post #344 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 2973
All these last posts, are bad for Mark company.
ID companies have the reputation of been very good.

I do not understand his reasoning, for ignoring such problems. Especially on this forum.
Sometime loosing money, is the best way to do businesses to get new customers, SVS/PSA and Rythmik do-it often.
Ignoring those few problems one, have the reverse effect.

Darth
Dave Ol and flat4 like this.
post #345 of 372 Old 07-07-2019, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
All these last posts, are bad for Mark company.
ID companies have the reputation of been very good.

I do not understand his reasoning, for ignoring such problems. Especially on this forum.
Sometime loosing money, is the best way to do businesses to get new customers, SVS/PSA and Rythmik do-it often.
Ignoring those few problems one, have the reverse effect.

Darth
I know he lost a long-time employee earlier this year due to health problems (? can't find the post), his main sub assembler from memory, so I'm guessing he's still behind the 8-ball and playing catch-up

Hopefully things come good again soon!

*edit* here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57873168

Quote:
I've recently been in touch with most all of those waiting. If someone hasn't heard back, please check spam folders and then e-mail the main [email protected] e-mail. Near the end of the year my main assembly guy who has been with us for 9 years started having some intermittent health issues which turned into an indefinite leave in late January. I have part time overflow help, but I've had much less time to answer phones vs e-mail. Time demands outside of work with my 14 month old son also makes e-mails much more practical to respond to than voice messages. If someone needs a phone call, e-mail with the best time and number to contact you with, along with some general overview about the questions you have.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon 4311ci Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 07-07-2019 at 08:16 PM.
post #346 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
I know he lost a long-time employee earlier this year due to health problems (? can't find the post), his main sub assembler from memory, so I'm guessing he's still behind the 8-ball and playing catch-up

Life happens! Still no reason after all this time to not have taken care of you guys. Sorry!

Mark finds time to post on here. That time would be better spent taking care of the issues you guys are having.

Very poor business ethics imo!
post #347 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Hi Jamie,

Yes i paid the order ( 2 x F18I + xlr cables) full in July 2018. Haven't received anything.
I asked in January for a refund. He wrote to me in April"he still fully intend to issue my refund in full"

You still haven't received a new cabinet?
jamiebosco and Black adder like this.
post #348 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Hi Jamie,

Yes i paid the order ( 2 x F18I + xlr cables) full in July 2018. Haven't received anything.
I asked in January for a refund. He wrote to me in April"he still fully intend to issue my refund in full"

Call everyday, call the bbb, post here every day and if you paid with a cc call and see if they can help. You guys need to push and stop hoping. I don't care how busy he is if he were gonna take care of it he would have already.

At this point he is a thief that just keeps telling you he is gonna take care of it! Time for you guys to get back what you deserve and move on from this crook and his products no matter how good they are.
jamiebosco, Dave Ol and sk373 like this.
post #349 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Hi Jamie,

In March 2018 I paid for a SubM 6K Master / Slave 240V amp upgrade. (I took delivery of the amp directly from SpeakerPower) In Aug. I received an E-Mail from Mark acknowledging the receipt of the trade-in amps & I would receive my refund next week. Thereafter, every so often I would get another E-Mail saying next day - next week - at the end of the month, etc. I would be receiving the refund.

I guess I should be thankful that he is sending E-Mails acknowledging the refund is still owed, but it is now closing in on a year now.
jamiebosco likes this.

--Carl
post #350 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hey all, is there currently any way to purchase an MFW-15 Turbo-SS? I am a very happy owner of one and would like to add a second one to my setup. Even an aftermarket option would be cool if anyone knows someone looking to offload theirs. Thanks!
post #351 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
In March 2018 I paid for a SubM 6K Master / Slave 240V amp upgrade. (I took delivery of the amp directly from SpeakerPower) In Aug. I received an E-Mail from Mark acknowledging the receipt of the trade-in amps & I would receive my refund next week. Thereafter, every so often I would get another E-Mail saying next day - next week - at the end of the month, etc. I would be receiving the refund.

I guess I should be thankful that he is sending E-Mails acknowledging the refund is still owed, but it is now closing in on a year now.
Sorry to hear about another victim of this thief.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #352 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Guess what? I just got another E-Mail from Mark. He now says that he will send the refund out on Monday the 15th.
jamiebosco likes this.

--Carl
post #353 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Guess what? I just got another E-Mail from Mark. He now says that he will send the refund out on Monday the 15th.
Why not send it now? Come on Mark!

Keep posting and calling guys!

You couldn't even give me any of this guys products!
jamiebosco and sk373 like this.
post #354 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 2531
Quote:
What month/year??

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 07-08-2019 at 06:23 PM.
post #355 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4 View Post
Why not send it now? Come on Mark!

Keep posting and calling guys!

You couldn't even give me any of this guys products!

Maybe, He need to gather the fund since it is a small company.

Quote:

While I can see been a problem, a simple reply to explain the situation could have help a lot.
For his reputation, and you understanding why for such delay to your problem.

Darth
post #356 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
What month/year??
Bahahahaha ...oh man ...that's cruel...but funny too (if it wasn't true!)

post #357 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Jamie,

Oh ok, damn mate, that's a much much worse situation than mine, at least I've had bass till now!
I feel even more horrible after reading that

Have you moved on and purchased other subs, or do you need to get the $$ back first before purchasing something else?

Again, I feel so sorry for you man, hopefully you have just "slipped through the cracks" and Mark will see your comment and refund soon

Fingers crossed for you
J

post #358 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

While I can see been a problem, a simple reply to explain the situation could have help a lot.

Darth
Oh I 100% agree there mate, I have been - and will continue to be - patient, as I know Seaton Sound is a (relatively) small company and essentially a 1 man show, I would just like to be kept in the loop

post #359 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 2531
No offence Darth,,,, but,, one man show,,,,,small company Bla Bla Bla i've heard that a hundred times and not just on this thread. Other small companies doing very well so i dont buy that for a second There is no excuse taking thousands from people and a year later, Zero results for that customer, and on top of that brutal communication "if any" for that time period. A one off situation , we could understand "maybe" but a consistent pattern is not acceptable.

This borders on "u fill in the blanks" so unless there is something serious going on, and that does not seem to be the case, these poor business practices needs to be called out , not defended imo.
toddct, jamiebosco, sk373 and 1 others like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #360 of 372 Old 07-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Darth
So empty promises of refunds, replacement items being sent next week etc for months on end is do to him being a small one man business? LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers