Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1138Likes

post #391 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 2001
It's great to read all the positive experiences people have had throughout the years with Mark,it goes without saying that his subs are excellent,and his contributions on here are always great. that's a big part of why I went with the SubMersive's in the first place.

Unfortunately that doesn't change some of the "less positive" experiences a few of us have had. I'm fairly sure if Craig or Brolic were to email Mark, they WOULD get a return email within a day or so, and if they had a problem it would probably be looked after quite quickly.

As previously stated, my SubM arrived damaged in March 2018 - over 16 months ago - and I'm still waiting on a replacement . I haven't heard back from Mark since April when he said he had a Black Oak cabinet ready to ship. I have emailed a couple of times without reply.
The amp in that sub has now died as well. Speaker-Power said I might be able to send it to them for repair, but it honestly wouldn't be worth the repair bill + the $5-600 in freight charges to get it there and back. So I need to buy a new amp as well.
Honestly,all I want is an undamaged (and working) sub, so I can get back to enjoying my setup.
giomania, darthray, imureh and 2 others like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartijnHigh View Post
Mark send me a email last week and told me he wil refund me this month.
So i hope i can move on soon.
Mark was more specific with me, he said that he would post on the 15th.
jamiebosco likes this.

--Carl
post #393 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Repeatedly calling someone a "thief" is a great way to ruin someone's reputation. I know Mark, he's been to my house, I own 3 of his subs, and he is no "Thief."

Mark Seaton has given way more to this forum than you have. Mark offers FREE technical and setup advice for his subwoofers... and for many other subs as well. His technical expertise is about as good as it gets anywhere. Exactly what do you offer the forum that allows you to label someone a "thief"?

Yes, he was a wise man. Here's some more advice from an old man:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Do you own any Seaton Sound products? Were you ever on the receiving end of a bad deal from Seaton Sound? If not, why do feel the need to come here and bad-mouth Mark? Do you see yourself as some kind of savior for all of us?

People who deal with Mark, know up front that he is a *small* business. If they don't understand all the limitations in this, that's on them. My advice to anyone dealing with small businesses is to minimize their risks:
  • Don't pay money upfront to be put on waiting lists.
  • Don't pay money until you have a shipping/tracking number.
  • Ask extensive questions about the return policy and service/replacement parts.
I had a situation were one of my Submersive amps took a dump. I called Mark and he sent me a replacement amp the same day. When I received it, I put the defective amp in the same shipping box and sent it back to him. Times have changed since then, and he's no longer able to be so responsive. Therefore, get all your facts in order before you make any sort of payments.

flat4, you can now go back to your regularly scheduled programming. No need for you to stay here. You can let us "Seatonites" work through our difficulties without your help. Fact is... you weren't really helping anything anyway.

Goodbye.

Craig

PS. He also makes the best subwoofers I've ever heard!
It is comical how you can defend someone who hasn't resolved an outstanding 16 month issue with @jamiebosco . His Sub M arrived damaged and he still doesn't have a replacement over a year later. In what world is this acceptable? Unfortunately Jamie didn't get the same day replacement treatment you got. At this point I am sure Jamie would have been happy with same year replacement

There are others that are owed refunds. @MartijnHigh paid in full for his order of 2 x F18I + xlr cables in July 2018 and he still doesn't have a refund or fulfillment of his order. Last time I checked consumers aren't in the business of giving 0% loans. Is Mark going to give him the going market return rate from July 2018 to July 2019 in addition to his refund? How is he not a thief for taking money and not completing an order?

I would argue that @flat4 was helping. Mark doesn't deserve any business until he takes care of those he is already indebted to. That's not being harsh, it is just a fact.

Last edited by Todeseng3l; 07-18-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
For anyone on the fence, I’ve owned twelve Seaton Sound subwoofers across three different models and two build threads since 2012—Submersive F2 (2 purchased in 2012), Submersive HP+(2 purchased in 2013), and F18 (8 purchased in 2016) and of all twelve, only one—an HP+ ever had an issue, which was a bad amp module. Like Craig’s experience posted above, I had a tracking number for a replacement amp the same day I called...and Mark walked me through the replacement process in real-time on the phone.

I also have plans to add four more custom depth F18 subs in the near future. With ~$22k spent with Seaton Sound so far, with 12 hits and no misses since 2012, I see no reason to go elsewhere for subs 13-16.

Also, Mark was very understanding with my financial limitations for the eight subs. I sent a certain amount to get the building started.....Mark finished all eight subs and they were ready to ship, but due to a car accident and some other things, I still didn’t have the remainder of the disposable $$$ to send Mark...he warehoused the subs until I was ready. For those who own small business, warehousing large “spoken for” products is risky because it ultimately decreases readiness by a certain %....but Mark did it for me. He could have just sold them and started the build over when i sent all of the money, but he didn’t—he wanted them ready to ship the moment I had the money.

No business is perfect because no human is perfect. If you look on the Lamborghini or Ferrari forums, you’ll see complaints there too...thing sometimes fall through the cracks because business have so many moving parts....but guys, Mark is great, his products are great, and his treatment of customers is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m thinking about going from 2 to 3 and your going to 16? Really lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jamiebosco likes this.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #395 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
First off, i'm happy for those who have been treated well by Mark as there have been many so (no sarcasm here). And i "would" expect some to come to his defense (no harm, no fowl). I do however wonder how much the tone and content of those same people's posts would change "if" they were in the predicament of any of the three different customers that posted on just the page before, never mind the others? Really guys!! a year,,,,,,, sixteen months and "still" counting,,,,, what words would you use if your money was taken that long ago and have nothing to show for it??

I'm the last person that would ever wish anything bad on any small business, but not at the expense of trusting customers. I don't know Mark or his personality, i don't know if he just has an extreme cavalier disposition,,,,,, or whether his company is treading water with a fifty pound sand bag attached to it's ankle.

All of those who have posted since the recent sarcasm/criticism,,,, Mark included have "not" addressed any one of those three's predicament in specific detail. Comes across to me as "deflection".

I would love to see these issues resolved and future improvements implemented so Seaton not only thrives,,, but customers go through much less headache. That would be the best scenario imo.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 07-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.
post #396 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post
on-line vendors, (be it audio, car parts or window shades) establish themselves with trust...in the product itself and in the customer service provided should a problem arise. the successful companies are exceptional at both. I've been reading this forum for years, and Mark Seaton has always been on my short list of an owner whose products I would like to own and do business with. his input and advice have been invaluable to me in my enjoyment of this hobby and I own none of his products. that said, this unfolding storyline reminds me of the demise of Mark S. and av123. unhappy customers in one corner and staunch supporters in the other.

I truly don't believe the outcome will be the same...but a little varnish has been chipped from the finish. here's to hoping it can be fully repaired.

trust is everything

Very good summary, though I would argue trust goes beyond on line retailing. As far as reputation is concerned just one misstep can undo a lot of good deeds.

I was in finance in the 80's-2015 and what this brings to mind is Michael Milken - he was an innovative financier and did much good for the markets and economy, and got very rich in the process. He has also been a very generous benefactor for cancer research and financing for such. Long story short he's done much good in the world-but when he dies the first thing on his obit will be the insider trading conviction...… that's just the way it is.
flat4 likes this.
post #397 of 634 Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post
Very good summary, though I would argue trust goes beyond on line retailing. As far as reputation is concerned just one misstep can undo a lot of good deeds.

I was in finance in the 80's-2015 and what this brings to mind is Michael Milken - he was an innovative financier and did much good for the markets and economy, and got very rich in the process. He has also been a very generous benefactor for cancer research and financing for such. Long story short he's done much good in the world-but when he dies the first thing on his obit will be the insider trading conviction...… that's just the way it is.
This is why a wise business man once told me at times you just need to bite the bullet and take the financial hit. This way no one can ever talk bad about you. Like he said it only takes one.

Like mentioned above. These folks would not be happy if they were waiting a year or more for refunds, warranty etc.. They have no problems so it's ok that he is only a thief to others. There i go again with that word but sometime the truth is what it is.

Funny you defenders keep saying it is do to the fact that he is a small business.

Here is what the man himself said about that.

Others might have insinuated, but the only thing I've ever blamed on being a small operation was taking a day or 3 to respond when I have had to jump in when we've been short staffed or family matters pulled me away from the office.

I had spoke to Seaton last year about his subs but with reading the issues on here with him over the years decided not to go in that direction.

So glad i didn't. Like mentioned why has Seaton or his defenders not addressed why these three guys are not being taken care of?

I do hope the guys that are waiting get taken care of asap. I would hate to be in there position as i have been there before with a thief or two. Funny how responsive and helpful they are when you take a trip to visit them. Worked well for me.
Todeseng3l likes this.
post #398 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todeseng3l View Post
It is comical how you can defend someone who hasn't resolved an outstanding 16 month issue with @jamiebosco . His Sub M arrived damaged and he still doesn't have a replacement over a year later. In what world is this acceptable? Unfortunately Jamie didn't get the same day replacement treatment you got. At this point I am sure Jamie would have been happy with same year replacement

There are others that are owed refunds. @MartijnHigh paid in full for his order of 2 x F18I + xlr cables in July 2018 and he still doesn't have a refund or fulfillment of his order. Last time I checked consumers aren't in the business of giving 0% loans. Is Mark going to give him the going market return rate from July 2018 to July 2019 in addition to his refund? How is he not a thief for taking money and not completing an order?

I would argue that @flat4 was helping. Mark doesn't deserve any business until he takes care of those he is already indebted to. That's not being harsh, it is just a fact.
So... the way to "help" in this situation is to try to destroy Mark's business??? How would that get any of these issues solved? Seems counter-productive to me.
umr, djreef and DaveyMac like this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #399 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Liked: 2308
I don’t think anyone who supports Seaton Sound is saying the issues being reported here are unimportant. They DO need to be rectified; however, horrible experiences by a small sample size of the customer pool does not make a company a bad one, and it does not make that company’s owner a thief—which is the picture being painted on this thread. It’s important to establish that based solely on ratios of bad experiences to good experiences, Seaton Sound is still a good company with a HUGE level of satisfaction by customers. Again, the issues mentioned are major issues, and were I experiencing them, I’d be upset as well (as would any customer)—the point I’m trying to get at is, there’s so much talk of thievery and such based on a minority of bad experiences.

Allow me to share a story: in 2010, I decided I wanted to pursue my first ever luxury car. I pursued a decently loaded Lexus, which—believe it or not—cost around the same as a slightly more fully loaded Toyota Camry. During the test drive, a “Check VSC” warning light came on and the engine immediately lost the ability to pass 2000 RPM. ON THE TEST DRIVE!!! The sales guy said “Oh, we just need to connect a hose that came loose when washing the engine—that’s no problem.” This was a red flag, so I told the sales guy I needed to think about it. Went home, took to the almighty Internet to see who else had experienced the issue. Turns out, TONS of people experienced this “Check VSC” warning AFTER purchase, and in many cases, the dealerships couldn’t identify the cause and said they basically just had to live with it. So I went to look at positive ownership reviews—there weren’t a whole lot, because when something works the way it should, people just smile and go about life enjoying their purchase. I took a leap of faith and purchased that car the next day......and guess what.....

The Check VSC warning light came on again a few days after purchase. I took the car back to the dealership demanding a refund—and do you know what the dealership told me after they couldn’t find a solution? “You’ll have to live with it.”

I drove away ENRAGED....and said No I will NOT live with it...I’ll find someone who has been working specifically with Lexuses longer than the early 20-somethings kids at the dealership service shop had been alive. I found someone, and he found and fixed the issue. I enjoyed the heck out of that car for five years—it was the car of my mid-twenties. I had such pride of ownership, it was a conversation starter with Vice Presidents after meetings (I’d always offer to drive), and the ladies loved it.

I say all of that to say: The bad experiences reported online far outweighed the good experiences, and even after taking the leap, I STILL became one of the “bad experience” people, but through patience and diligence during a “bad” period, I became a 5+ year “good experience” person.

Just hang in there guys...for the folks going through the “Check VSC Light after purchase” phase, please understand that a resolution IS coming, although you had to work hard to find it (as I did), I would still urge you to go with Seaton (although this time work something out where you don’t pay until it’s shipped) because the end result is greatness, and its name is “The Brown Note.”

Sorry for the dissertation of a post—the situations just really reminded me of that car situation, and how mad I was initially....and then how happy I became.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #400 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2992 Post(s)
Liked: 3841
Quote:
So... the way to "help" in this situation is to try to destroy Mark's business??? How would that get any of these issues solved? Seems counter-productive to me.
If he would only respond and let people know why they are still waiting I think would sit well with these folks. Not even getting a response for over 3 months when the issues has persisted for over 16 months is not acceptable in any scenario. Does not cost a dime to respond. I think people just need to know what they may be dealing with especially if they are outside of the US
jamiebosco and drh3b like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #401 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2797
Could you imagine if you gave the dealer your money and waited for the car to be fixed for over a year? This stuff is not making sense. Has Seaton been building and selling subs within the last year? If so then why would these 3 people not get money or subs too? Is there more to the story? Did their emails go to junk or something. I have seen Mark post on other threads so he sees this stuff, was this not mentioned to him until recently?
jamiebosco likes this.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #402 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Could you imagine if you gave the dealer your money and waited for the car to be fixed for over a year? This stuff is not making sense. Has Seaton been building and selling subs within the last year? If so then why would these 3 people not get money or subs too? Is there more to the story? Did their emails go to junk or something. I have seen Mark post on other threads so he sees this stuff, was this not mentioned to him until recently?
I know Jamie has been tagging in the threads where he had been responding, we have tagged him as well and asked him to help Jamie. There is no scenario left where he is has not been reminded of this issue several times. Its a choice being made not to address and its a ****ty deal to be honest and to make it worse no indication of being resolved anytime soon either
jamiebosco likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #403 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:

imagining my self in the same situation, I don't see myself being so patient. if product is going out the door...where's mine?
iceatola likes this.

at the zenith of his nadir...
post #404 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I know Jamie has been tagging in the threads where he had been responding, we have tagged him as well and asked him to help Jamie. There is no scenario left where he is has not been reminded of this issue several times. Its a choice being made not to address and its a ****ty deal to be honest and to make it worse no indication of being resolved anytime soon either
Mark told Jamie that he was getting a replacement? How long ago? I would think common sense says build a replacement and send out(if promised) before building your next sale.
scottiemon and iceatola like this.

post #405 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post
imagining my self in the same situation, I don't see myself being so patient. if product is going out the door...where's mine?
Yes, this and seeing regular posting and stuff would be very frustrating. Like, hey your are giving advise which is nice, but where is my sub. There has to be some explanation for it. I know he lives in Australia but if that is a problem don't sell one their in the first place. There has to be something else we don't know.

post #406 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2100 Post(s)
Liked: 4251
Quote:
If he would only respond and let people know why they are still waiting I think would sit well with these folks. Not even getting a response for over 3 months when the issues has persisted for over 16 months is not acceptable in any scenario. Does not cost a dime to respond. I think people just need to know what they may be dealing with especially if they are outside of the US
In Jamie's case, he's responded, but nothing seems to have happened yet.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #407 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 2001
Quote:
Mark told Jamie that he was getting a replacement? How long ago? I would think common sense says build a replacement and send out(if promised) before building your next sale.
The last time was in April.

I'm Ok with waiting till Mark has caught up and is in a better position to send a replacement,I have said several times I don't want to hound him about this, I just want to be kept in the loop..... and only tell me it's ready to ship out - when it's actually ready to ship out lol
Despite this bump in the road , I am still a happy SubMersive owner,I love the subs, they are by far the best subs I've ever owned or heard - and can I guarantee there isn't a subwoofer anywhere that is dusted/cleaned and polished as often as mine are!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #408 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 08:44 AM

Well, it is said that a happy person will tell their best friend, an unhappy person will tell everyone. I get you being patient and all, but I don't understand waiting for a replacement over somebody getting a new sub when you bought yours 16 months ahead of them. You are the first person in line, not last, or hopefully one left in stock. You build one extra just for you. Especially if it was settled that you get a replacement. The problem here is maybe it was mentioned if he could get you one later and you were ok with it but that has turned out to be much later. If you told him you could wait, don't worry, I am happy, etc.. you might have created this yourself. This is the something else we don't know I was talking about. If you never gave that impression then the next built submersive should have been yours IMHO.
jamiebosco likes this.

post #409 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
In Jamie's case, he's responded, but nothing seems to have happened yet.

I am not referring to a one time response. His last comms with him was back in April and then dead silence and no response to follow up emails. He could at least reply and let him know status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamiebosco likes this.

post #410 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post

I'm Ok with waiting till Mark has caught up and is in a better position to send a replacement,I have said several times I don't want to hound him about this, I just want to be kept in the loop..... and only tell me it's ready to ship out - when it's actually ready to ship out lol
Despite this bump in the road , I am still a happy SubMersive owner,I love the subs, they are by far the best subs I've ever owned or heard - and can I guarantee there isn't a subwoofer anywhere that is dusted/cleaned and polished as often as mine are!
You shouldn't have to wait until he is cause up. Your problem should of been first priority in getting solved before moving on to the next customer...that is just how good business works.
post #411 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 356 Post(s)
Quoted: 5554 Post(s)
Liked: 10775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post

Jamie,

I have very deliberately stayed out of this discussion, partly due to my respect for Mark the audio guru, as opposed to Mark the businessman. But FWIW, I honestly do feel that you are being a little too ambivalent in your posting, and are actually working against your own best interests.

Your avatar is indication enough of your admiration for Mark. But, the more that you say how much you love your now single Submersive, and that you are willing to be patient, the more you undermine your own ability to resolve this situation expeditiously. I understand very well that you don't want to offend Mark, or appear to be a chronic complainer. But, I agree with others that the situation of waiting 16 months for a resolution to your problem goes well beyond what is reasonable. In fact, it is indefensible. Your situation should absolutely be a priority for Mark, and you should be a polite, but nevertheless squeaky wheel.

In my opinion, allowing business practices like this one to continue will be of no long-term benefit either to Mark or to other buyers who come after you. Mark needs to have business practices that represent the same high standards that his subwoofers exhibit, and as a very visible representative of Seaton Sound owners (via your avatar) you need to contribute to the creation of better business practices in a positive way.

In short, it is my opinion as your AVS friend, and Mark's if he will allow it, that you should stop being patient, and start being firm. I rarely complain when I need someone's help in fixing a problem--especially a service issue. Instead I politely but distinctly ask for help in resolving the problem. And, it is very clear to both of us, when I do that, that I am expecting a resolution of the problem.

I think that you need to start being a little clearer and more direct, not only for your personal benefit, but for the benefit of other Seaton owners to come. Otherwise, you won't be the last one to experience this kind of selectively sporadic customer service.

Regards,
Mike
zorax2, LRS3, MKtheater and 11 others like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

Last edited by mthomas47; 07-19-2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Typo
post #412 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
@Mark Seaton

Mark, you are the only one who can answer these questions. Please do so before these people have their way with your business.

Craig
scottiemon likes this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System
post #413 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
@Mark Seaton

Mark, you are the only one who can answer these questions. Please do so before these people have their way with your business.

Craig
What do you believe is worse, the discussion or the 16 month wait? Again, there seems to be missing information. I don't believe Mark is a crook as mentioned, never met him, always seemed great on the forums. I have a feeling what Mthomas said has more to do with it. Maybe Jamie in his ways has promoted this to happen.
jamiebosco and iceatola like this.

post #414 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
What do you believe is worse, the discussion or the 16 month wait? Again, there seems to be missing information. I don't believe Mark is a crook as mentioned, never met him, always seemed great on the forums. I have a feeling what Mthomas said has more to do with it. Maybe Jamie in his ways has promoted this to happen.
Maybe Jamie has not been direct enough in his dealings with Mark--we don't know for sure. However, the fact remains that it has been 16 mos and counting, and Jamie still has no resolution. We should not be shifting blame to Jamie--this is Mark's mess and he needs to clean it up.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
post #415 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
I do agree Jamie needs and needed to be a little more demanding on his expectations, but to imply his extreme patience possibly contributed to 16 months is just silly imo,,,, what about the other two recent posters who also have been waiting a year? Nobody really wants to have this discussion and some would prefer to have these issues swept under the carpet, but none of this exists,, if they were just taken care of,, pretty simple imo.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #416 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
What do you believe is worse, the discussion or the 16 month wait? Again, there seems to be missing information.
I agree about the "missing information." I don't know what it is, nor do any of the people calling Mark a "thief" know what it is. Only Mark knows. I asked him to fill in the missing information by using the @Mark Seaton link.

Quote:
I don't believe Mark is a crook as mentioned, never met him, always seemed great on the forums. I have a feeling what Mthomas said has more to do with it. Maybe Jamie in his ways has promoted this to happen.
While I respect Mike's insight, I've never known Mark not to "do the right thing" no matter how loudly or quietly the customer raises his voice. Mike is basically saying that Jamie's meekness is "enabling" Mark to shirk his responsibilities. From everything I know about Mark, shirking his responsibilities to his customers is NOT his MO.

I think we all need the missing information before passing judgement. Of course, that assumes that we're all actually *entitled* to the missing information. It's now up to Mark to decide whether or not to share it with us. I'm sure he's aware of the internet consequences either way. In the meantime, I know Mark well enough, (far better than any of the accusers in this thread), to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Craig
DaveyMac likes this.

Lombardi said it:

My System
post #417 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
I do agree Jamie needs and needed to be a little more demanding on his expectations, but to imply his extreme patience possibly contributed to 16 months is just silly imo,,,, what about the other two recent posters who also have been waiting a year? Nobody really wants to have this discussion and some would prefer to have these issues swept under the carpet, but none of this exists,, if they were just taken care of,, pretty simple imo.
I agree, but, when is so passive somethings don't get done. I know, I am passive as well. Sometimes we need to just change a little to get what is deserved and not in a mean way.

If the guys here that have many submersives think this is ok they could always ship one of their many to Jamie and wait for Mark to send them another.

post #418 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@Mark Seaton

Craig

Don’t blame people who are calling this issue out. You make it sound like we have an agenda to ruin him. It’s on him not us. I said above I had a good experience with him personally but in no universe can this kind of service be acceptable. May be you should go see and him in person and help him out instead of defending something that is indefensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #419 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I agree about the "missing information." I don't know what it is, nor do any of the people calling Mark a "thief" know what it is. Only Mark knows. I asked him to fill in the missing information by using the @Mark Seaton link.

While I respect Mike's insight, I've never known Mark not to "do the right thing" no matter how loudly or quietly the customer raises his voice. Mike is basically saying that Jamie's meekness is "enabling" Mark to shirk his responsibilities. From everything I know about Mark, shirking his responsibilities to his customers is NOT his MO.

I think we all need the missing information before passing judgement. Of course, that assumes that we're all actually *entitled* to the missing information. It's now up to Mark to decide whether or not to share it with us. I'm sure he's aware of the internet consequences either way. In the meantime, I know Mark well enough, (far better than any of the accusers in this thread), to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Craig
Actually, it is none of our business. However, Jamie has posted quite a few times so it kind of becomes a discussion. I don't believe people should be calling names or what not. I bought a brand new amplifier and at the time when I was in the process of moving. I never even opened it until 3 months later which was out of the return policy but under warranty. I finally built my room and hooked it up and it kept shutting down on me. When I called they said it was my processor and not the amp. I told them the processor was a Meridian 861 and nothing was wrong with it and any other amp hooked up to it. Then I heard many other reasons why my processor was to blame. I finally started a thread on here complaining of the experience and what to do, low and behold they called me and sent me a return shipping label but under warranty repair. They found out it had a cracked power supply which only could have happened by dropping it during the build process. So even after they told me it was their fault and the amp was shipped broken they would not give me a new amp, just repaired it. That amp turned out to be a lemon with problem after problem and finally sold it for cheap. I loved it when it was playing though. These threads can be a good thing sometimes even with great products.
jamiebosco likes this.

post #420 of 634 Old 07-19-2019, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 519
September 2018
Quote:
Hi

I have ordered 2 f18i subs in july by Mark Seaton. I still haven’t received my order. The last time i have heard of him was 19 September. He wrote that the subs will be shipped on 24/25 September. Since then I have heard nothing of him. He doesn’t respond to the mails if have sent. Does anybody knows what is going on with Seaton Sound ?

Thank you
Martijn
October 2018
Quote:
He just send me a mail that the subs will be shipped today. I am really happy about that and really looking forward to install them.
November 2018:
Quote:
I still haven’t received my subs. Mark mailed me on 25 oktober that the subs will be shipped later that day. Haven’t heard of him since. Is there a way to get my money back? I have paid with a bank transfer.
Thank Martijn
July 2019

Quote:
Hi Jamie,

Yes i paid the order ( 2 x F18I + xlr cables) full in July 2018. Haven't received anything.
I asked in January for a refund. He wrote to me in April"he still fully intend to issue my refund in full"

You still haven't received a new cabinet?
Let us not forget about Martijn. Of course Mark is not a thief, there is a perfectly good explanation for taking someone's payment in full for a product in July 2018, telling them said product was complete/ready for shipment in October 2018 and never sending anything out

If you believe Mark's actions in Martijn's case does not constitute thievery, I have beachfront land to sell you. PM for details

Last edited by Todeseng3l; 07-19-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page