Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1001Likes

post #451 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
This seems very doable, assuming there is no structural damage to the cabinet. If the damage is purely cosmetic, have a professional do the filling and sanding first, and then replace the veneer. You should have a cosmetically acceptable repair. Then send the bill to FedEx Australia.
I don't know what cabinet makers/wood shops in the US are like but I went to several local shops and NONE were at all interested in the job, like straight up "no thanks" some just laughed and said good luck with that.

I really really don't want to bodge this up by ripping veneer off and duratexing the cabinet, a big part of why I like the Submersive is the beautiful real wood veneer, and too be honest, I don't think I should really have to accept that, as its definitely not what I paid for.

If I had to guess, to get an identical cabinet CNC'd and veneered would be around $1000 over here (again just a guess)

** edit ** if Mark could find someone in Australia to build a veneered cabinet exactly the same as my SubMersive and it works out less expensive for him I would of course be more than happy to work with that

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 07-20-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Thanks for the comments guys,they mean a lot!

Good news, Mark emailed me tonight. He able to give a very good deal on a trade-in 6000w Speaker-Power HPi+ Master/slave amp, which he should be receiving in the next 2 weeks. Or, a good price on 2 x of the new ICE amps he has developed.So far, I'm strongly leaning towards the 6kw amp as that has been my goal from the start.
No mention of the replacement cabinet coming at the same time, but I will bring it up with him in my next email

cheers
Jamie
Mark emailed me too and I ordered a new HP+ amp, slave sub, and connecting cable. Couldn't have been any easier. I'll report back after I get everything in and get it going. Hopefully it'll all be here by middle of August.

Mike
jamiebosco likes this.

JVC RS600(Fantastically calibrated by ChadB), Stewart Cima Neve 2.35 115" diagonal screen, Darbee Darblet, Denon AVR-X7200WA(7.6.4), M&K Speakers, 6 ported 18" subs powered by 3 inuke 6000dsps, 2 Behringer B1200D Mid Bass Modules, Buttkicker transducer, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray player
post #453 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Your description of Mark Seaton as a dishonest person is, in my experience, completely incorrect. I've known Mark since 201, 1 and all my experience with him tells me he is a good, honest and forthright person. I suspect there is a lot we don't know about these situations that could explain them. They are all "international" transactions. This means they could involve customs, duties, VATS, etc. Add shipping damage disputes with international carriers, and return shipping issues and these kinds of transactions can become quite complicated. We are only hearing the *customer* side of these issues. I don't know if we will ever hear Mark's side of these things, nor do we have the right to demand such explanations. Nonetheless, I have no doubt there is more to these things than we know.

Mark has sold literally THOUSANDS of subwoofers and speakers. These are THREE customers with issues. Even if there are 10 times as many people as this with issues, Mark would still have a <99% "Positive Feedback" rating.

Everyone on these fora wants the best ID deals they can get. It would be a damn shame to loose one of the absolute best ID companies because a group of internet vigilantes persecuted him enough to severely damage his business. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

Craig
That is good for you that your experience has been good and Mark is a great in your eyes do to your experience. It is also great that you have this open forum to express you experience/opinion. If he is so great to you maybe you can give these guys your subs and or refunds and wait for Mark to take care of you?

Keep in mind i am not causing damage to Marks business he is! If you were paying attention do to him having these same issues in the past i decided not to go with his products. I am not just talking one or two of subs either that i was interested in. These guys are just the latest round with issues.

Great how you suggest Jamie should go and have the sub repaired himself and submit the claim to the carrier. Is the carrier or Seaton going to compensate Jamie for his time and aggravation. Did he not pay for a functioning and cosmetically clean cabinet?

I choose to bring attention to possible new buyers that these issues have happened now and in the past and part of what an open forum is for. Same as this forum and me doing some research of the past of the various companies helped me from potentially having these same issues with my hard earned money and headed away from Seaton. Difference would have been i would be in a position to meet him in person and discuss what the issue and hold up is.

As a small business man it is imperative for him to take care of these matters even if it is not his fault, there are things we don't know etc.. Like i mentioned before sometimes as a business you need to bite the bullet and take care of it at your own expense to protect your reputation/business to keep moving forward. Apparently you have missed this in my prior posts also as you have blinders on or do not understand how a business big or small grows and stays profitable.

Before you go implying that i am a fool at least keep in mind i am an old fool with lots of life experience on both sides of these kinds of issues.

Have a great weekend and while you are at it look up the definition of a thief!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post
Mark emailed me too and I ordered a new HP+ amp, slave sub, and connecting cable. Couldn't have been any easier. I'll report back after I get everything in and get it going. Hopefully it'll all be here by middle of August.

Mike
Awesome mate, please keep us updated!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #455 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
This seems very doable, assuming there is no structural damage to the cabinet. If the damage is purely cosmetic, have a professional do the filling and sanding first, and then replace the veneer. You should have a cosmetically acceptable repair. Then send the bill to FedEx Australia.
If you followed the link I provided, you would have seen the lengths the cabinetmaker took to keep the woodgrain perfect. (The wood is purchased with the veneer bonded - I doubt if it can be removed successfully)

--Carl
post #456 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
It is inconceivable that someone local could economically produce a speaker cabinet like Mark's: https://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/p...king-5489409#1
Thanks for that link Carl. It's really cool to see how these are assembled!

post #457 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Hi Craig

Yes 100% shipping damage (semicircle hole in the box with a cracked and dented cabinet directly behind the hole) I highly doubt Mark sent it out like that. And YES FedEx SHOULD be taking responsibility for it.

FedEx Australia is not responsible for it, as it was sent by Mark through his business account, FedEx US handled the claim. I was lucky enough to have a nice FedEx rep in Australia who stepped up to the plate for me a few times and tried to resolve it and get the wheels moving.

To the best of my knowledge the claim was finalised a while ago, I don't want to say too much more because I don't have all the details as Mark had to handle the claim with his FedEx rep.

For my part, all photos of the damage to the cabinet and
shipping box plus forms and paperwork were completed and sent away within 24-48hrs,after that it was out of my hands

Maybe I am way off base here, and I'm not trying to bash Mark. Also, as Jamie has pointed out, he doesn't have all of the details. But if in fact a settlement was reached with FedEx, and Mark received a refund from them, then why didn't he take that settlement and get a replacement out to Jamie? It just seems a little unethical if this in fact took place.
post #458 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge the claim was finalised a while ago, I don't want to say too much more because I don't have all the details as Mark had to handle the claim with his FedEx rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
I didn't want to say anything until I had more information, but this was what I assumed had happened. Normally shipping claims are handled with the seller, and not with the buyer. So, any reimbursements for damage go to the person who ships the item, and not to the person who receives the damaged goods. Then, it is up to the seller to reimburse the buyer, or to make other arrangements.
Regards,
Mike
If I understand correctly: a claim was made for the damaged shipment, Mark facilitated the resolution of said claim as he was the shipper and received a payout for the damaged goods Jamie received.

In this case Mark, the seller, decided to not reimburse the buyer or make alternate arrangements for a replacement?

*EDIT*

@Dave Ol you beat me to it. I almost spit my whiskey out when I read that Mark settled the FedEx claim.
Mike Butny, Dave Ol and flat4 like this.
post #459 of 567 Old 07-20-2019, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todeseng3l View Post
If I understand correctly: a claim was made for the damaged shipment, Mark facilitated the resolution of said claim as he was the shipper and received a payout for the damaged goods Jamie received.

In this case Mark, the seller, decided to not reimburse the buyer or make alternate arrangements for a replacement?

*EDIT*

@Dave Ol you beat me to it. I almost spit my whiskey out when I read that Mark settled the FedEx claim.
Guys, to the best of my knowledge the claim was settled/finalized. This info was given to me by the Australian FedEx rep that was acting on my behalf after I asked if he could please check on my case for me. I don't know how much (if any!!) was given to Mark. I was told there were some .... technicalities... that had complicated the process for Mark (nothing I did). I don't really want to go into anymore detail than that. I hope FedEx did reimburse Mark, because they did a friggin lousy job transporting the sub!!!

Edit**ok so it looks like FedEx flat out denied the claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton
Yes, he's getting taken care of. This particular situation got messy with FedEx denying the obvious damage claim (multiple lessons learned), and various other issues in getting the cosmetic replacement of the large cabinet to him in Australia.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57879178

Last edited by jamiebosco; 07-20-2019 at 10:06 PM.
post #460 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 01:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ I just looked at your link. (I think I remember it from a while ago) I am controlling the power to my system a different way. My processer is a Integra. Using the trigger out to a solid state relay, it pulls in a 120V contactor that provides power to my surround amps (And power to a second contactor (For my 240V speakers - my Seatons))

By doing things this way, I am able to bring the whole system on line by just using the Integra remote.

BTW, I have three Cat12Ms & a 6KW master / slave SubM on the 240 ckt.

--Carl

Last edited by calentz; 07-21-2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: More Info
post #461 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Guys, to the best of my knowledge the claim was settled/finalized. This info was given to me by the Australian FedEx rep that was acting on my behalf after I asked if he could please check on my case for me. I don't know how much (if any!!) was given to Mark. I was told there were some .... technicalities... that had complicated the process for Mark (nothing I did). I don't really want to go into anymore detail than that. I hope FedEx did reimburse Mark, because they did a friggin lousy job transporting the sub!!!

Edit**ok so it looks like FedEx flat out denied the claim

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post57879178

Thanks for the update Jamie. Good to see he didn't receive a refund and then not take care of you in a timely manner. I hope your situation is taken care of very soon. You've been much too patient and the fact that Mark said he was shipping you out a cabinet in April and you have yet to receive such cabinet is troubling.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #462 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Haven't posted in here for a long time. There are many reasons for that. Back in the day, I was like Mark's one man PR guy. From what I gather through the last two pages of posts is that the issue has been resolved?
If so, that's great. But some of the vitriol towards Mark seemed kind of extreme. I have had a SubMersive for about 15 years. I was one of the first people to get them. In fact, mine doesn't even have a "fancy" finish. It has what Mark called a "truck bed" liner. Has it been all peaches and cream for me? No, it has not. But Mark always went out of his way to fix the issue.

I first started talking to Mark years ago when I was thinking about upgrading my JM Labs SW900. I was reading how all these other subs went lower and louder than mine and I wanted me some of that. So I took a chance and sent him a PM. Back then (and probably now) he was one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum and I was just a poster. But to my surprise, he replied. We must have had 10 PM's back and forth with him describing the sub, showing me results he had in other test homes. So I made the choice that I would do it. I would buy the sub. We were both going to CES that year and he needed a deposit. So, we decided to meet up there. I gave him a deposit for the SubM AND a DSC eq that we were going to need. Back then, Mark had the time to do the install himself. I said that was the only way I could get his sub because my HT is on the second floor and I am handicapped. So, we set up a time and Mark installed the sub and calibrated my system. Now my pe-amp back then was a Halo C2, which had no room EQ at all. So Mark calibrated my system (for a fee) and I was good to go.

Fast forward a few years. Mark came out with his his first version of the HP. No let me backup. My room is very small and it had a room peak of 20db right at 40-45hz. The QSC took care of that peak. Also, at this time I had moved on to an Integra with Audyssey. But I really wanted to upgrade to the 2400 watt amp which was the first upgrade to the SubM. So I was talking to Mark and Craig, who by now has become one of my best friends. We decided to go for it. I would get the 2400 what amp. So I contacted Mark. He said he needed an EQ. Well I had the QSC. So, we made a trade. I gave him the QSC and he gave me the new amp. So Craig came over and switched out the amps. Then we did some testing. Back then THE movie to test your sub was WOTW. It was and still is a sub killer. So we tested a few movies then we went to that movie. At the part where the truck goes flying into the bridge and explodes, my SubM shut down. Craig and I could not figure it out. So we contacted Mark. Through talking about what happened we discovered that by removing the QSC the 20db peak was back. But it was worth. Both Craig and Mark explained that instead of audyssey lowering the peak, it raised everything else to the level of the peak. So, we needed a solution. I was ready to go back to the 1000 watt amp but Craig had an idea. He had a Velodyne SMS-1 eq that he was not using anymore. So I got that from Craig to try and lower that peak again. We did what we could. I think it worked for a while but then the problem came back with the same movie. Craig and I were really confused now. So we contacted Mark again. He said send me the amp. I will modify it for you. So we sent him the amp, and then he sent it back with a custom DSP that he programmed right into the freaking amp, just for my room. When I got the sub back, Craig came over again to install it and we put on WOTW and held our breath. It passed with flying colors.

That's what I call service. Now, I know I will probably get blasted for this post. That's OK. I haven't posted in here in a long time, but do yourself a favor, search for the original Seaton Sound thread.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...bmersive1.html

You will find I have the most posts in that thread about this sub. Well over 600. All of them talking about how great the sub is and my recommendations to everyone to get this sub. I am sorry that there may have been so issues of late. But you know what, a lot of companies (sub companies) also had issues. I would never think about getting another sub. I haven't talked to Mark in a long a time and he doesn't need me to defend him. That's not what this is. I just wanted to try and balance out the scale a bit. I don't post anymore but in this thread because I thought it was not needed. But I could easily keep on writing on how great this sub is. Mark may be a little slow in getting back to someone, but to my knowledge, he has never left anybody hanging out to dry.
I could probably write more but I think that's enough. Take it for what it's worth.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #463 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
Mark may be a little slow in getting back to someone, but to my knowledge, he has never left anybody hanging out to dry.

What is your definition of little slow? 16 months long enough for you? Not sure what the intent of your post is but don’t mean squat to any one waiting for their issue to be resolved for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #464 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 9302
Quote:
I don't know what cabinet makers/wood shops in the US are like but I went to several local shops and NONE were at all interested in the job, like straight up "no thanks" some just laughed and said good luck with that.

I really really don't want to bodge this up by ripping veneer off and duratexing the cabinet, a big part of why I like the Submersive is the beautiful real wood veneer, and too be honest, I don't think I should really have to accept that, as its definitely not what I paid for.

If I had to guess, to get an identical cabinet CNC'd and veneered would be around $1000 over here (again just a guess)

** edit ** if Mark could find someone in Australia to build a veneered cabinet exactly the same as my SubMersive and it works out less expensive for him I would of course be more than happy to work with that
No you shouldn't have to accept that . What I meant was Mark just letting you keep that Cab for the troubles but still send you out replacement. I bet the cost of shipping it back would hardly make it worth it on his end anyway. If he let you keep it, then you could make a DIY project out of it was all I was alluding to...Make it a slave sub or something.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #465 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
No you shouldn't have to accept that . What I meant was Mark just letting you keep that Cab for the troubles but still send you out replacement. I bet the cost of shipping it back would hardly make it worth it on his end anyway. If he let you keep it, then you could make a DIY project out of it was all I was alluding to...Make it a slave sub or something.
Hi bh81

sorry man, I misunderstood your post!

No to the best of my knowledge the damaged SubMersive cab is going back to Mark, I would be putting it in the new undamaged packing and it will get picked up by FedEx (as far as I'm aware)

The cabinet Mark is sending out will be unloaded too (no drivers, grills etc as they are all perfect) It will (hopefully!) have an amp, as I'm purchasing that and the one in the Sub is currently not working.

post #466 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 90
16 months. Customer pays for product and nada. Unbelievable. Glad I’m not a “customer”
post #467 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 4147
Honestly at this point anything short of a full refund AND providing you with a working sub is pathetic.

No one wants to see a small business struggle but this smells of cash flow issues. Selling new product to make money before taking care of VERY old existing customer issues is a shame.

And to those defending such ridiculous issues.....wow.
post #468 of 567 Old 07-21-2019, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Honestly at this point anything short of a full refund AND providing you with a working sub is pathetic.

No one wants to see a small business struggle but this smells of cash flow issues. Selling new product to make money before taking care of VERY old existing customer issues is a shame.

And to those defending such ridiculous issues.....wow.
To be clear, I'm NOT defending "ridiculous issues." I'm defending Mark Seaton, as I have always known him to be an honest and straightforward person. I believe he is being unfairly treated by people who've rushed to judgement without all the facts.

I have had several off-line private conversations with various people involved. Since they were "private" I am not at liberty to pass along the information. Nonetheless, I will say this:
  • The members of this forum clearly do NOT have all the information about these transactions, and they are significantly more complex than they are described here.
  • FedEx was the primary culprit that CAUSED the damage to the Submersive.
  • FedEx has not fulfilled their responsibilities to Mark or Jamie to correct the problem.
Mark has told me that he resists discussing individual, private customer matters on a public internet forum. Having said that, I do know that solutions have been discussed and proposed, and I think we can expect resolution in the near term.

Craig
jamiebosco, madhuski and drh3b like this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Last edited by craig john; 07-21-2019 at 08:30 PM.
post #469 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
To be clear, I'm NOT defending "ridiculous issues." I'm defending Mark Seaton, as I have always known him to be an honest and straightforward person. I believe he is being unfairly treated by people who've rushed to judgement without all the facts.

I have had several off-line private conversations with various people involved. Since they were "private" I am not at liberty to pass along the information. Nonetheless, I will say this:
  • The members of this forum clearly do NOT have all the information about these transactions, and they are significantly more complex than they are described here. No Doubt
  • FedEx was the primary culprit that CAUSED the damage to the Submersive. Agree
  • FedEx has not fulfilled their responsibilities to Mark or Jamie to correct the problem. Maybe, maybe not
Mark has told me that he resists discussing individual, private customer matters on a public internet forum. Having said that, I do know that solutions have been discussed and proposed, and I think we can expect resolution in the near term.

Craig

I agree we don't know all the facts, but not rushing to judgement includes not assuming Fedex's responsibility to make Mark/Jamie whole. If they denied the claim, they must have had a reason. Maybe it was valid, maybe it wasn't. The most likely reason was an issue with packaging. Maybe international freight has different requirements that Mark wasn't aware of? I don't know, not really my thing. There has not been enough information provided to assign responsibility here one way or another.
post #470 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It wasn't a packaging issue. IMHO Mark's packaging is very good, nothing short of a full wooden crate completely covering the cardboard and foam packaging would have stopped a forklift blade being used to "nudge" the box.

post #471 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2033 Post(s)
Liked: 4042
Quote:
It wasn't a packaging issue. IMHO Mark's packaging is very good, nothing short of a full wooden crate completely covering the cardboard and foam packaging would have stopped a forklift blade being used to "nudge" the box.
It just takes one person in the delivery chain to not GAF, and there's your damage. Rythmik packages their subwoofers very well, yet UPS managed to put a quarter size dent in one. The functionality wasn't impaired, and it's not a fancy veneer, plus my room is darkish and I never see the damage, so I just let that go. Not happy about it, obviously, but not worth the hassle in my case.

You just have to package your stuff like someone is going to try to damage it, because someone might.
jamiebosco likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #472 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:

Do you know why the claim was denied, or whether it was denied initially but eventually something was worked out?
I read the post you linked to, I found it rather craftily worded... you might have gotten the impression that you received or were receiving the replacement cabinet after some initial issues. It makes me wonder what the real story is.
My main point was that in the interest of fairness assumptions should be avoided.
Like everyone else, I hope you (and everyone else with these long standing issues) get things straightened out pronto. Unlike everyone else, I don't feel "approval ratings" or "satisfaction ratios" are the proper lens to use to view these issues at this time(while still unresolved). Once everyone's problems have been taken care of, you can view things in their totality and make your own judgements.
post #473 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:

• The members of this forum clearly do NOT have all the information about these transactions, and they are significantly more complex than they are described here.
  • FedEx has not fulfilled their responsibilities to Mark or Jamie to correct the problem.

Craig
The customer should be taken care of first - period. The customer didn't pick the carrier, didn't pack the item, didn't insure the shipment, and the bill of lading is handled by the shipper, not the customer. Any back and forth with shipping carrier for damages should be handled by the business owner post customer replacement - no excuses. Shipping loss is part of doing business and the customer should not be on the hook for this. Carries will typically refuse 100% of the claims and settle the ones where the customer is willing to go the extra mile and sue in small claims court or the customer is a very large account. They save millions because most people won't take the time to follow through. I had this issue with UPS and had to sue them in small claims court (pain in the arse). Outside of that, there will be no check coming. Regardless, this was handled very poorly and this type of negative press is something a small business owner should avoid like the plague. I am sorry, but this reeks of cash flow problems. Sixteen months ?!?! The same happenings started with Elemental Designs, Epik, and Reaction Audio. Buyers be warned.

@jamiebosco - I see you have PSA speakers. Bro you should have stuck with them on the subs. I have zero doubt Tom would have had you taken care of as soon as the phone hung up. I am not a PSA owner, but that guy knows customer service. I really hope you get taken care of. What a shame.....

Last edited by Molon_Labe; 07-22-2019 at 05:52 PM.
post #474 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Craig

I truly believe you when you say Mark is an honest and straight forward person. I don't deny that. However, I don't believe it is acceptable to let Jamie wait 16 months for a replacement - no matter what information we don't have about the transaction. It is simply poor and unacceptable customer service period.

Let me give you an example of customer service on the opposite spectrum. Many on AVS followed my recent journey dealing with a damaged PSA TV36 ipal sub. It too was stabbed by a fork from a fork truck (at least this is what I believe happened). I contacted PSA and in less than 24 hours Tom had a replacement sub built, packaged and shipped. He did not wait for the claim to be settled with the shipper. All he wanted was some pics of the damage. On the replacement sub he shipped, he also added 1/2" plywood all the way around to prevent a re-occurrence. To top it all off, he also gave me a little something extra for my troubles - even though the issue wasn't his fault.

Now I'm not saying Mark needed to do all of this. But waiting 16+ months for a replacement is simply not acceptable. That is the crux of what others such as me are at issue with. It's not about how good Seaton subs are. We all know they are great. It's about waiting 16 months for a replacement sub that has been bought and paid for. It is simply unacceptable.
post #475 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ol View Post
Now I'm not saying Mark needed to do all of this.
I completely disagree. This is exactly what Mark should have done. Tom knows customer service and that is why if I ever buy another sub, it would either be from David at Deep Sea Sound (excellent customer service) or Tom with PSA.

Last edited by Molon_Labe; 07-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
post #476 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
I completely disagree. This is exactly what Mark should have done. Tom knows customer service and that is why if I ever bought another sub it would either be from David at Deep Sea Sound (excellent customer service) or Tom with PSA.
And this is exactly why I DID buy my sub from Tom. Order and pay on Friday, sub arrives in my home the next Friday. Very happy camper.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #477 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

**I have been taken care of**

This AM I received a FedEx pkg with a cashiers check, As promised. The delay was a little disappointing, but I would purchase from Mark again.

--Carl
post #478 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post
Do you know why the claim was denied, or whether it was denied initially but eventually something was worked out?
I read the post you linked to, I found it rather craftily worded... you might have gotten the impression that you received or were receiving the replacement cabinet after some initial issues. It makes me wonder what the real story is.
My main point was that in the interest of fairness assumptions should be avoided.
Like everyone else, I hope you (and everyone else with these long standing issues) get things straightened out pronto. Unlike everyone else, I don't feel "approval ratings" or "satisfaction ratios" are the proper lens to use to view these issues at this time(while still unresolved). Once everyone's problems have been taken care of, you can view things in their totality and make your own judgements.
I was told by FedEx Australia there was an issue on Mark's end and what is was, so yes I assume that's why it may have been denied (or only a partial amount paid).

Mark has said since day 1 (08 March 2018) that he would get me a replacement cabinet sent out, and several times since but, for whatever reason, it hasn't happened yet.

The other assumption that I made was that the insurance claim with FedEx would be straight forward and the replacement cab would be sent out ASAP, as this was clearly a case of shipping damage

cheers

Jamie
scottiemon and dpc716 like this.

post #479 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
This AM I received a FedEx pkg with a cashiers check, As promised. The delay was a little disappointing, but I would purchase from Mark again.
That's awesome news Carl!!

Oh God, I know I shouldn't get too excited but hopefully a replacement cab will be on its way to me in the not too distant future!

post #480 of 567 Old 07-22-2019, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 2614
Guys, I know these problems will get rectified. However, it seems this thread, bringing it to the forefront, rushed things along. Jamie had mentioned this much before this.
jamiebosco and sk373 like this.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page