Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1138Likes

post #511 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Liked: 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
1 - 1 = 0. Thanks for the information on contacting Mark. I'll continue monitoring this and other treads. Peace.
Service has been an issue but not new orders it seems. Since you are in the US I guess you can risk it. For overseas folks it more to think about
gattaca and jamiebosco like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Service has been an issue but not new orders it seems. Since you are in the US I guess you can risk it. For overseas folks it more to think about
This x 2!

I'm just about to clock in at 1.5 years....and still waiting lol

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #513 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
This x 2!

I'm just about to clock in at 1.5 years....and still waiting lol

So after all those promises some time back he still has not taken care of you. Un freakin believable. This makes me think that this is intentional disregard of your issue and a disrespect to you as a person. He acknowledged it again but still refuses to address it. He is available as he been taking new orders and yet does not have the decency to stick to his own words. Man I held mark in great regard but have lost all respect for him. Would never recommend his products to anyone.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 2880
Quote:
So after all those promises some time back he still has not taken care of you. Un freakin believable. This makes me think that this is intentional disregard of your issue and a disrespect to you as a person. He acknowledged it again but still refuses to address it. He is available as he been taking new orders and yet does not have the decency to stick to his own words. Man I held mark in great regard but have lost all respect for him. Would never recommend his products to anyone.
To add salt to the insulting wound,,,, Marks buddy spoke to Jamie Via PM telling him to basically not to say anything bad about Mark on the forum.. You just cant make this crap up.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 09-04-2019 at 09:13 PM.
post #515 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
To add salt to the insulting wound,,,, Marks buddy is pestering Jamie Via PM telling him to basically keep his mouth closed and not to say anything bad about Mark on the forum.. You just cant make this crap up.

Wow. I can’t believe this crap. They should be praising him for the patience he has shown. He is being taken advantage of since he not in the US and has no recourse. This behavior should splattered all across for others to be beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by imureh; 09-04-2019 at 08:56 PM.
post #516 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To add salt to the insulting wound,,,,
Haha - not exactly
In all fairness I PM'd him first (in July) to explain the details of the transaction... I honestly doubt he's thought about my situation with Mark since then at all
it was suggested I try put the fire out/diffuse the situation to stop the negative comments towards Mark on the forum...though I'm not sure they would feel the same if he was in my position

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 09-04-2019 at 08:51 PM.
post #517 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No ones pestering me, I haven't heard jack from anyone (except kind forum members checking in on progress via PM - thanks!!) regarding this long running ordeal since July - when this last blew up on here, I haven't received a reply to my emails from Mark since July 23
rossandwendy and sk373 like this.

post #518 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
The customer should be taken care of first - period. The customer didn't pick the carrier, didn't pack the item, didn't insure the shipment, and the bill of lading is handled by the shipper, not the customer. Any back and forth with shipping carrier for damages should be handled by the business owner post customer replacement - no excuses. Shipping loss is part of doing business and the customer should not be on the hook for this. Carries will typically refuse 100% of the claims and settle the ones where the customer is willing to go the extra mile and sue in small claims court or the customer is a very large account. They save millions because most people won't take the time to follow through. I had this issue with UPS and had to sue them in small claims court (pain in the arse). Outside of that, there will be no check coming. Regardless, this was handled very poorly and this type of negative press is something a small business owner should avoid like the plague. I am sorry, but this reeks of cash flow problems. Sixteen months ?!?! The same happenings started with Elemental Designs, Epik, and Reaction Audio. Buyers be warned.

@jamiebosco - I see you have PSA speakers. Bro you should have stuck with them on the subs. I have zero doubt Tom would have had you taken care of as soon as the phone hung up. I am not a PSA owner, but that guy knows customer service. I really hope you get taken care of. What a shame.....
I'm going to repost this again because it can't really be said any better. @Mark Seaton , it's really a damn shame you have not fulfilled your promise to Jaime. At this point, 1.5 years later you really haven't found the time, effort or whatever to make him whole? You found time to send me a 21" ported sub for the Houston GTG and arranged for me to get the JS12s but you can't do this? Very hard for me to recommend your products because of this.

Todd

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #519 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 793
@jamiebosco Wow...still no resolution in making things right...you've taken the high road for the most part and rightly so...I guess Mark and Fed ex....keep on playing the blame game at your expense... if Mark was truely a stand up guy...like some of his customers claim..he should've resolved your issue and escalated any action with Fed Ex or insurance claim for reimbursement...I hope he's bonded and insured?

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #520 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
No ones pestering me, I haven't heard jack from anyone (except kind forum members checking in on progress via PM - thanks!!) regarding this long running ordeal since July - when this last blew up on here, I haven't received a reply to my emails from Mark since July 23
You really need a new avatar....just sayin
rossandwendy, flat4 and GatoGoat like this.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #521 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Better yet, plunk down a credit card with a company like PSA/HSU/SVS/Rythimk etc... and have a great sub in your home a week later. Just sayin....

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #522 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 2880
Quote:
Sorry Jamie,,, trying to edit was to glitchy couldnt finish. That been said my friend,,,, stop down playing lol,, there was no reason for that poster to "influence" you to not say anything on the forum through PM.
jamiebosco and sk373 like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #523 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 2555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
@jamiebosco Wow...still no resolution in making things right...you've taken the high road for the most part and rightly so...I guess Mark and Fed ex....keep on playing the blame game at your expense... if Mark was truely a stand up guy...like some of his customers claim..he should've resolved your issue and escalated any action with Fed Ex or insurance claim for reimbursement...I hope he's bonded and insured?
It's flat out embarrassing. Mark should have shipped out a new sub the same day Jamie received the damaged sub.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.
post #524 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Quote:
It's flat out embarrassing. Mark should have shipped out a new sub the same day Jamie received the damaged sub.
Exactly...we can think of one guy who would've....without hesitation. 🙂

Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #525 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No nothing yet, I was told there was some problems getting the wood veneer used on the SubM - which is fine,that's out of Mark's control, I'll wait till it comes in stock - but having my emails asking for progress updates ignored is pretty crappy

post #526 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry Jamie,,, trying to edit was to glitchy couldnt finish. That been said my friend,,,, stop down playing lol,, there was no reason for that poster to "influence" you to not say anything on the forum through PM.
All good brother - and I agree
sk373 likes this.

post #527 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
No nothing yet, I was told there was some problems getting the wood veneer used on the SubM - which is fine,that's out of Mark's control, I'll wait till it comes in stock - but having my emails asking for progress updates ignored is pretty crappy
Sad explaination... really and shows how patient you've been...but I would hasten to guess he's selling subM with that veneer...in the past few months or year plus since you reported the subs damage.

post #528 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sad explaination... really and shows how patient you've been...but I would hasten to guess he's selling subM with that veneer...in the past few months or year plus since you reported the subs damage.
Oh yes - almost certainly
rossandwendy and sk373 like this.

post #529 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
hahahaha ...Yeah - we need to make up some "WWTD" (What Would Tom Do) bracelets
darthray, CallingMrBenzo and sk373 like this.

post #530 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Lol...I know...but it's true. While I never met Tom....I did spend time with Jim...on my visit there... obviously the operation has flourished....since and Tom is always looking to push the envelope....with new ideas and products...judging by their course and direction currently.

Take care and good luck in getting a resolution.

post #531 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2791
Still waiting,
Jamie, you did not talk bad about anybody, saying you have been waiting is not bad talk. So the only thing you can say is how great products are? Hell, even when I sell used stuff on ebay and if it arrives damaged from shipping I refund the money and I wait for the check from the shipping company.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
post #532 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Jamie - you are far more patient than I, or most anyone else on AVS. I hope things work out for you but I fear you might have to cut your loses and move on. There is absolutely no viable reason someone should have to wait 1.5 years for a replacement sub damaged during shipping. My god, it's not like it's made of gold. Absolutely unacceptable and anyone thinking of purchasing a Seaton sub should take note of your plight. Good luck brother
post #533 of 634 Old 09-04-2019, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Wow. I can’t believe this crap. They should be praising him for the patience he has shown. He is being taken advantage of since he not in the US and has no recourse. This behavior should splattered all across for others to be beware.

It’s the same with me here in Singapore. Initially I had thought the seatons f18 had an air leak, as I’ve sent some videos to mark. Mark mentioned replacement driver will be sent to me to Singapore, I waited for like 3 months, nothing. In the end I got tired of chasing, got another friends help to solve the issue. Turns out the leak was through the footers. When I stacked the subs, air was leaking through the footers when u remove the footers. Luckily it was a quick fix, fixing the footers back

But after this experience, I’ve learnt my lesson. It’s hard to buy things , subwoofers especially from overseas, with no local support. Really scary

But the subs are awesome, I’m now using it with bass EQ, and those single digit infrasonics, nirvana indeed !

Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the subs, else it’s gonna be nightmare for me here in Singapore
post #534 of 634 Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
You know , Ive read of Tom taking in some crazy trades from time to time , it may be worthwhile to lob him a question or two and see what happens....The Australia thingy may make things a bit difficult but you never know...
post #535 of 634 Old 09-05-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
In 14 years I've been known to be late, but we've always got people taken care of in the end. .
Ah, the end. Such a precise time frame for getting people taken care of. In the case of @jamiebosco could you please prescribe the time that 'the end' of this ordeal will occur for him? Hopefully you aren't referring to eternal salvation, in 'the end' I guess you are right... all problems do go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
While I'm sure the forum crusaders will want to take credit, if anything was solved as easily as a quick click of the mouse
Maybe it is not as simple as one mouse click, but several would indeed solve this issue. Why not refund Jamie for his order (perhaps maybe additional interest on his loan to you over the past 1.5 years for a product you didn't deliver) until you rectify the situation?

A refund appears to be the most timely solution to this problem independent of the circumstances with FedEx. Make Jamie whole and he can decide whether he wants to wait on you to come through or look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
1 - 1 = 0. Thanks for the information on contacting Mark. I'll continue monitoring this and other treads. Peace.
Good luck man.
post #536 of 634 Old 09-05-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll say this...he sure learned from some characters the art of how to dodge people...just saying.
jamiebosco and flat4 like this.

post #537 of 634 Old 09-06-2019, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post
I placed/paid my order for a replacement 4000w amp for my Submersive HP sub and also a Submersive slave sub on 7/20. Still haven't received either and attempts to call and email remain unanswered. Amp was said to arrive on or before 8/9. I know delays happen but no communication is frustrating.

Mike
UPDATE: My amp shipped yesterday and I received email from Mark explaining. Logical explanation but communication is so key.

Mike
jamiebosco likes this.

JVC RS600(Fantastically calibrated by ChadB), Stewart Cima Neve 2.35 115" diagonal screen, Darbee Darblet, Denon AVR-X7200WA(7.6.4), M&K Speakers, 6 ported 18" subs powered by 3 inuke 6000dsps, 2 Behringer B1200D Mid Bass Modules, Buttkicker transducer, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray player
post #538 of 634 Old 09-06-2019, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post
UPDATE: My amp shipped yesterday and I received email from Mark explaining. Logical explanation but communication is so key.

Mike

Like I said, if you are in the US it may be worth the risk but if overseas I would look elsewhere. Case in point Jamie has been for almost 18 months.

post #539 of 634 Old 09-07-2019, 01:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 133
It is also handy that I am within driving distance to SpeakerPower.

--Carl
post #540 of 634 Old 09-09-2019, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 133
There is another person from Australia that has a repair problem that has posted over on Mark's Website. (With NO response back from Mark)
He said that his attempts to contact Mark about his needed Warranty Repair has gone unanswered. I suggested that he contact SpeakerPower to see if something can be worked out.

His posting is under the heading: "Is this Brand Falling Away" that had been previously started by someone else.

--Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page