Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1110Likes

post #541 of 611 Old 09-09-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2928 Post(s)
Liked: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
There is another person from Australia that has a repair problem that has posted over on Mark's Website. (With NO response back from Mark)
He said that his attempts to contact Mark about his needed Warranty Repair has gone unanswered. I suggested that he contact SpeakerPower to see if something can be worked out.

His posting is under the heading: "Is this Brand Falling Away" that had been previously started by someone else.
Goes to show that this is intentional. I am just disappointed to see Mark do this as I really had high regard for him. My mistake.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 611 Old 09-18-2019, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone out there in receipt of the latest mfw15 turbo amps? I upgraded a couple of my mfw's a while back with the turbo kit that included swapping out the driver and added an eternal amp and they work great. . I have a couple ,more mfw's gathering dust and would like to put them to use. The current option that is available is just the built in amp upgrade (it looks like they will offer a upgraded driver again at some point).

I guess any upgrade beats the old dead amp version but reading thru the comments here have made me wonder if dropping a grand on 2 old subs might be better spent with some of the newer offerings.
post #543 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I am helping out a friend who wants to put together a nice 2.1 system. He's been out of the audio market for some time but we talked about a few brands like Funk Audio and Seaton.
I see in the forums there seems to be some ongoing logistics issues. Anyone know if these things have been sorted yet? I don't want to lead my friend down the wrong path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ntwooki3 View Post
I am helping out a friend who wants to put together a nice 2.1 system. He's been out of the audio market for some time but we talked about a few brands like Funk Audio and Seaton.
I see in the forums there seems to be some ongoing logistics issues. Anyone know if these things have been sorted yet? I don't want to lead my friend down the wrong path.
Being in the US you can afford the risk in IMO but you could look at others as you say like Funk, Rythmik that offer high SQ subs

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #545 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Being in the US you can afford the risk in IMO but you could look at others as you say like Funk, Rythmik that offer high SQ subs
I've just spent a bit more time reading in this thread. It's really unfortunate what is happening to some of the customers here. I hope everyone gets sorted. But yes I think for now we'll have to pull Seaton off the list until there's a better proven track record of customer service and post sales responsiveness.
Rythmik is a good contender but he was really drawn to the bespoke look of the Funk enclosures. The lead time is a bit of a killer though but I am sure it's worth it.
post #546 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've just spent a bit more time reading in this thread. It's really unfortunate what is happening to some of the customers here. I hope everyone gets sorted. But yes I think for now we'll have to pull Seaton off the list until there's a better proven track record of customer service and post sales responsiveness.

Rythmik is a good contender but he was really drawn to the bespoke look of the Funk enclosures. The lead time is a bit of a killer though but I am sure it's worth it.

If high SQ with a custom finish is a priority and budget not an issue then Funk it is for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darthray and B3ntwooki3 like this.

post #547 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 2830
Quote:
The Funks are well worth it if you can wait their disclosed lead time, also the "Salk Rythmik" are very nice but also have lead times. These would be very good options if Seaton is of the list.
darthray, imureh and B3ntwooki3 like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #548 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
The Funks are well worth it if you can wait their disclosed lead time, also the "Salk Rythmik" are very nice but also have lead times. These would be very good options if Seaton is of the list.

Ah good point about Salk. They can do custom finishes on Rythmik subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #549 of 611 Old 09-19-2019, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Better yet, plunk down a credit card with a company like PSA/HSU/SVS/Rythimk etc... and have a great sub in your home a week later. Just sayin....
Agree 100%

Customer service should be a HUGE factor for anyone dropping serious $$ on this stuff.

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-4000Auralex MoPAD Paragon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony Elite
post #550 of 611 Old 09-25-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I was just back in the forum doing a bit more research today and I re-read this post and it had me thinking. IMHO I think it's absurd that if you are going to spend some serious coin on a product that it could even be remotely be associated with a roll of the dice. That is all
scottiemon likes this.
post #551 of 611 Old 09-30-2019, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
@jamiebosco

Hey mate, what's the word? Looks like another month rolled by. Any word from Seaton? New cabinet, upgraded amps, and maybe a thousand apologies for 1.6 years of a busted up sub? Might have to bring this thread up to the top every month until this resolves.

Let us know.

Todd
rossandwendy and jamiebosco like this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #552 of 611 Old 09-30-2019, 11:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
@jamiebosco

Hey mate, what's the word? Looks like another month rolled by. Any word from Seaton? New cabinet, upgraded amps, and maybe a thousand apologies for 1.6 years of a busted up sub? Might have to bring this thread up to the top every month until this resolves.

Let us know.

Todd
Hey Todd, thanks for checking in mate!

Heard from Mark on the 12th of Sept, he was getting the Black Oak Veneer back in stock and he said the first of the SubMersive's cabinets were earmarked for me, which is great news

Still trying to find out about the 6kW master/slave amp, Mark was going to get back to me with details whether or not that deal was still available, hopefully it all gets taken care of at the same time so we can save on shipping and send it all at once

Speaker-Power said I can send my faulty 1000w amp back to them for repair, but I'd guess it'd probably cost me around $700+ AU (shipping both ways+repair costs) it hardly seems worth it

Thanks again brother!

Jamie
darthray, rossandwendy and toddct like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #553 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 12:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 3624 Post(s)
Liked: 2056
I am happy to hear he hasnt gone out of business because when I googled the company last hit was like 2017 at some show....if I was mark I would get my company name back on google search.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #554 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Hey Todd, thanks for checking in mate!

Heard from Mark on the 12th of Sept, he was getting the Black Oak Veneer back in stock and he said the first of the SubMersive's cabinets were earmarked for me, which is great news

Still trying to find out about the 6kW master/slave amp, Mark was going to get back to me with details whether or not that deal was still available, hopefully it all gets taken care of at the same time so we can save on shipping and send it all at once

Speaker-Power said I can send my faulty 1000w amp back to them for repair, but I'd guess it'd probably cost me around $700+ AU (shipping both ways+repair costs) it hardly seems worth it

Thanks again brother!

Jamie
Good to hear, although I think you'd be much happier when you get a tracking #.

That's a no bueno on the speakerpower amp. For that kind of money it might be worth tracking down someone local to see if they could fix it. Just a thought.

Keep us posted mate.

Cheers

Todd
jamiebosco likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #555 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:
You'll see tracking tomorrow for a replacement 1000W amplifier I came across in the shop and just finished testing to keep you up and running. Your replacement black oak SubMersive should be arriving to you by the end of this month.We finally have our cabinet shop catching up on the production backlog. To speed that process I've offloaded some of the basic black, install-centric subwoofer modules we sell to one of our original cabinet shops who aren't equipped to produce the premium veneer solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I am happy to hear he hasnt gone out of business because when I googled the company last hit was like 2017 at some show....if I was mark I would get my company name back on google search.
We are still delivering, producing, servicing, and selling products. With order backlogs to be cleared and customer issues to be resolved, google search results/SEO haven't been a priority so long as customers can search Seaton Sound and find the website and contact info. We aren't where I want to be with delivery and lead times, but we are in a much better spot than a few months ago with things moving in the right direction.
chucky7, GPBURNS, hogues and 13 others like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #556 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
You'll see tracking tomorrow for a replacement 1000W amplifier I came across in the shop and just finished testing to keep you up and running. Your replacement black oak SubMersive should be arriving to you by the end of this month.We finally have our cabinet shop catching up on the production backlog. To speed that process I've offloaded some of the basic black, install-centric subwoofer modules we sell to one of our original cabinet shops who aren't equipped to produce the premium veneer solutions.

We are still delivering, producing, servicing, and selling products. With order backlogs to be cleared and customer issues to be resolved, google search results/SEO haven't been a priority so long as customers can search Seaton Sound and find the website and contact info. We aren't where I want to be with delivery and lead times, but we are in a much better spot than a few months ago with things moving in the right direction.
Oh do I see @Mark Seaton active here??! I have been trying to get hold of you via website/facebook/forums and almost lost hope. No response and got real worried. I was pointed to here from Seaton forums by kwarrior for help.

Well I got a problematic Submersive F2+i sitting here and not sure what to do? . I am sincerely hoping I can get some help fixing it.
post #557 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamps View Post
Oh do I see @Mark Seaton active here??! I have been trying to get hold of you via website/facebook/forums and almost lost hope. No response and got real worried. I was pointed to here from Seaton forums by kwarrior for help.

Well I got a problematic Submersive F2+i sitting here and not sure what to do? . I am sincerely hoping I can get some help fixing it.
Hi Ajith,

Sorry for not getting a quick reply while I dug up your history and purchase info. Yours was on a list to get through tonight. I'll respond to your e-mail with some options to repair your amplifier as it is beyond the 5 year warranty (which was originally 3 years when you purchased in 2013/2014). I'll see how we can help with shipping back from Australia.
jamiebosco likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #558 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks Mark.

I feel so much relieved getting your email. I have replied to you with my details and options.
post #559 of 611 Old 10-01-2019, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Oh wow !!!!! That's awesome news Mark!!!! So pumped right now!

Whilst I definitely want to upgrade the amps in the SubM's anyway, do you think it's possibly worth having someone local looking at the faulty amp? Most of the expense of getting it fixed by SpeakerPower would be in the cost of shipping it there and back
darthray, audiofan1 and Hopinater like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives

Last edited by jamiebosco; 10-01-2019 at 11:15 PM.
post #560 of 611 Old 10-02-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2290 Post(s)
Liked: 3341
Quote:
Oh wow !!!!! That's awesome news Mark!!!! So pumped right now!

Whilst I definitely want to upgrade the amps in the SubM's anyway, do you think it's possibly worth having someone local looking at the faulty amp? Most of the expense of getting it fixed by SpeakerPower would be in the cost of shipping it there and back
Hi Jamie,

My personal opinion, is a big Yes.

Any component inside the plate amp, can be change once the faulty part once is found for what cause the failure. By any descent electronic repair shop (many offer free estimate to take a quick look). Since it can be as simple, as a Capacitor or a Power Supply failure.

Other than the mother board that got fried or crack for some odd results. And the mother board would need to be replace anyway. Since no electronic repair shop can fix that. This way at the minimum, you get a quote for what's wrong. And if it can be fix, and if not. If is the mother board you would be requiring a new mother board or plate amp anyway. Minus the big shipping expenses, to find this out.

And hoping for you, it is a simple fix. Since you had this problem for such a long time

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 10-02-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #561 of 611 Old 10-02-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Jamie,
You may have stated what the problem with your amp was, but I have had problems with ALL of my Seaton's mute switches. On my Cats, I have the mute switches strapped out (Disabled) and I now have the 6KW master / slave setup for my SubMs.
jamiebosco likes this.

--Carl

Last edited by calentz; 10-02-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: More Info
post #562 of 611 Old 10-02-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Jamie,
You may have stated what the problem with your amp was, but I have had problems with ALL of my Seaton's mute switches. On my Cats, I have the mute switches strapped out (Disabled) and I now have the 6KW master / slave setup for my SubMs.
Hi Carl

Initially I noticed the amp was not working,I tried powering it off and back on,swapped XLRs with the other sub and muted and unmuted the sub,eventually I found turning the gain dial right up and then back down "woke it up" ,this worked a few other times that the amp stopped working ,but it doesn't seem to fix it for long as it usually stops working again within a week or so. Mark thought it might be a faulty volume potentiometer
When you say your mute switches are "strapped out" - what does that mean? If its an easy and inexpensive fix I'll definitely try it.
It does seem like a mute problem as the power light works and the signal light flickers when its receiving signal

post #563 of 611 Old 10-02-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Jamie, Strapping in normal tech talk means shorting across the switch, disabling the switch function.
It would involve removing the amp and getting to the circuit board's connection to the switch and shorting it out (Soldering)
The most difficult part is the disassembly involved.
jamiebosco likes this.

--Carl
post #564 of 611 Old 10-02-2019, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Jamie, Strapping in normal tech talk means shorting across the switch, disabling the switch function.
It would involve removing the amp and getting to the circuit board's connection to the switch and shorting it out (Soldering)
The most difficult part is the disassembly involved.
Hi Carl

Thanks for that!! there is a person nearby to me who is a member of a local audio forum,I think his store does restoration work on older 2 channel amplifiers and integrated amps (though specifically not modern AVRS I think)
I might PM him and see if its something he would be willing to look at for me, as it sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult for him

cheers again mate!!!
Jamie

post #565 of 611 Old 10-03-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Hi Jamie,

My personal opinion, is a big Yes.

Any component inside the plate amp, can be change once the faulty part once is found for what cause the failure. By any descent electronic repair shop (many offer free estimate to take a quick look). Since it can be as simple, as a Capacitor or a Power Supply failure.

Other than the mother board that got fried or crack for some odd results. And the mother board would need to be replace anyway. Since no electronic repair shop can fix that. This way at the minimum, you get a quote for what's wrong. And if it can be fix, and if not. If is the mother board you would be requiring a new mother board or plate amp anyway. Minus the big shipping expenses, to find this out.

And hoping for you, it is a simple fix. Since you had this problem for such a long time

Darth
Many of the modern DSP amps aren't quite as simple to identify as classic A/B amplifier designs, especially if you don't have detailed knowledge of what's going on inside. If this was one of the Torpedo based amps with the 2400W or 4000W amplifiers, it's worth fixing. Being one of the old 1000W ICEpower module based amps, fixing and troubleshooting isn't quite as easy. It's possible, but not simple. Most all 1000W SubMersive amplifiers are over 10 years old now. For the potential cost of a new amplifier module, and the possibility of other failures, I recommend to usually replace them rather than repair. I don't offer trade ins for sale anymore as it doesn't make economic sense to warranty them, especially when we now have a new, 1200W ICEpower amplifier with the modern HT style controls available which is $800 new with full warranty.

Jamie will have a working replacement 1000W before he could likely get the amp fixed.
jamiebosco and drh3b like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
post #566 of 611 Old 10-03-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cheers Mark!

post #567 of 611 Old 10-03-2019, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2290 Post(s)
Liked: 3341
Quote:
Cheers Mark!
Quote:
Many of the modern DSP amps aren't quite as simple to identify as classic A/B amplifier designs, especially if you don't have detailed knowledge of what's going on inside. If this was one of the Torpedo based amps with the 2400W or 4000W amplifiers, it's worth fixing. Being one of the old 1000W ICEpower module based amps, fixing and troubleshooting isn't quite as easy. It's possible, but not simple. Most all 1000W SubMersive amplifiers are over 10 years old now. For the potential cost of a new amplifier module, and the possibility of other failures, I recommend to usually replace them rather than repair. I don't offer trade ins for sale anymore as it doesn't make economic sense to warranty them, especially when we now have a new, 1200W ICEpower amplifier with the modern HT style controls available which is $800 new with full warranty.

Jamie will have a working replacement 1000W before he could likely get the amp fixed.
Than I stand corrected, since you know more than I do for this particle Amp.
And from Jamie post quoted above, it look like he is happy about your response

Darth
jamiebosco likes this.
post #568 of 611 Old 11-07-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1374 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Does anyone know if a F18 can power a F2 (or HP) slave unit?

Selling in AVS classifieds
FS: JTR 118HT Subwoofer
FS: Marantz 8805
post #569 of 611 Old 11-07-2019, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
Does anyone know if a F18 can power a F2 (or HP) slave unit?
I think they would have different EQ filters and limiters

post #570 of 611 Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cheers Mark!
Hey mate! What's the latest on your story? Its been over a month since you cheered...
jamiebosco likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page