Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 963Likes

post #541 of 549 Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2813 Post(s)
Liked: 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
There is another person from Australia that has a repair problem that has posted over on Mark's Website. (With NO response back from Mark)
He said that his attempts to contact Mark about his needed Warranty Repair has gone unanswered. I suggested that he contact SpeakerPower to see if something can be worked out.

His posting is under the heading: "Is this Brand Falling Away" that had been previously started by someone else.
Goes to show that this is intentional. I am just disappointed to see Mark do this as I really had high regard for him. My mistake.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 549 Old 09-18-2019, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone out there in receipt of the latest mfw15 turbo amps? I upgraded a couple of my mfw's a while back with the turbo kit that included swapping out the driver and added an eternal amp and they work great. . I have a couple ,more mfw's gathering dust and would like to put them to use. The current option that is available is just the built in amp upgrade (it looks like they will offer a upgraded driver again at some point).

I guess any upgrade beats the old dead amp version but reading thru the comments here have made me wonder if dropping a grand on 2 old subs might be better spent with some of the newer offerings.
post #543 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I am helping out a friend who wants to put together a nice 2.1 system. He's been out of the audio market for some time but we talked about a few brands like Funk Audio and Seaton.
I see in the forums there seems to be some ongoing logistics issues. Anyone know if these things have been sorted yet? I don't want to lead my friend down the wrong path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ntwooki3 View Post
I am helping out a friend who wants to put together a nice 2.1 system. He's been out of the audio market for some time but we talked about a few brands like Funk Audio and Seaton.
I see in the forums there seems to be some ongoing logistics issues. Anyone know if these things have been sorted yet? I don't want to lead my friend down the wrong path.
Being in the US you can afford the risk in IMO but you could look at others as you say like Funk, Rythmik that offer high SQ subs
jamiebosco and B3ntwooki3 like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #545 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Being in the US you can afford the risk in IMO but you could look at others as you say like Funk, Rythmik that offer high SQ subs
I've just spent a bit more time reading in this thread. It's really unfortunate what is happening to some of the customers here. I hope everyone gets sorted. But yes I think for now we'll have to pull Seaton off the list until there's a better proven track record of customer service and post sales responsiveness.
Rythmik is a good contender but he was really drawn to the bespoke look of the Funk enclosures. The lead time is a bit of a killer though but I am sure it's worth it.
post #546 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've just spent a bit more time reading in this thread. It's really unfortunate what is happening to some of the customers here. I hope everyone gets sorted. But yes I think for now we'll have to pull Seaton off the list until there's a better proven track record of customer service and post sales responsiveness.

Rythmik is a good contender but he was really drawn to the bespoke look of the Funk enclosures. The lead time is a bit of a killer though but I am sure it's worth it.

If high SQ with a custom finish is a priority and budget not an issue then Funk it is for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #547 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 2724
Quote:
The Funks are well worth it if you can wait their disclosed lead time, also the "Salk Rythmik" are very nice but also have lead times. These would be very good options if Seaton is of the list.
imureh likes this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #548 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
The Funks are well worth it if you can wait their disclosed lead time, also the "Salk Rythmik" are very nice but also have lead times. These would be very good options if Seaton is of the list.

Ah good point about Salk. They can do custom finishes on Rythmik subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indebtbassfreak likes this.

post #549 of 549 Old 09-19-2019, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Better yet, plunk down a credit card with a company like PSA/HSU/SVS/Rythimk etc... and have a great sub in your home a week later. Just sayin....
Agree 100%

Customer service should be a HUGE factor for anyone dropping serious $$ on this stuff.

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-2000Auralex Great Gramma/MoPADParagon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page