Official Seaton Sound Subwoofer Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1560Likes

post #991 of 1017 Old 06-29-2020, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have always loved Seaton Subs! They just seem to be a touch above the others i have heard for SQ. But that's just my opinion.
umr and llang269 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1017 Old 06-29-2020, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have just about lost all faith with Mark Seaton. I'll give him one more week before I call him a straight up liar and how he is full is sh#t.
post #993 of 1017 Old 06-29-2020, 06:02 PM

Does anyone know of any other amps I can use on my subs besides Speaker Power amps that Seaton uses on these SubMersives? I know he has a custom DSP but my Master/Slave SubMersives have been down for almost three months waiting to get my amp back from repair. Every time I email him I get the same response (it should ship out today) three times now in as many weeks. Not to mention I already paid for the repair and shipping for it. The wheels are about ready to come off the bus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #994 of 1017 Old 06-29-2020, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 2658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modicen View Post
Does anyone know of any other amps I can use on my subs besides Speaker Power amps that Seaton uses on these SubMersives? I know he has a custom DSP but my Master/Slave SubMersives have been down for almost three months waiting to get my amp back from repair. Every time I email him I get the same response (it should ship out today) three times now in as many weeks. Not to mention I already paid for the repair and shipping for it. The wheels are about ready to come off the bus.
I don't know of any other plate amps with the Master/slave function that the SpeakerPower amps have.

I know it sucks (trust me - I know!) but perhaps try emailing him every day till you get shipping notice. I really don't understand why Mark would be dragging his feet on this, as you have already paid for shipping labels both ways, and paid for the repair from SpeakerPower (correct?) All he needs to do is post it back (?)

Good luck and keep us updated

Jamie
darthray and Modicen like this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic 65" P65ST60 AVR: Denon AVR-X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Seaton SubMersives x 3
post #995 of 1017 Old 06-30-2020, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
The last time he actually logged into the forums was in the 2nd week of June.
Last Activity: 06-08-2020 11:17 AM

He hasn't shown his face in his own official forum since November. I know you are just venting here but I wouldn't count on getting any type of Response from him via this forum or email. From what I've read people seem to have the most success over the phone. I wish you luck and hope you don't have to wait 2+ years to get your stuff like some of our other buddies here.
Modicen likes this.
post #996 of 1017 Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 2658
I think Mark is subscribed to this thread, usually chatter in here results in a few emails getting sent out

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic 65" P65ST60 AVR: Denon AVR-X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Seaton SubMersives x 3
post #997 of 1017 Old 06-30-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
I don't know of any other plate amps with the Master/slave function that the SpeakerPower amps have.

I know it sucks (trust me - I know!) but perhaps try emailing him every day till you get shipping notice. I really don't understand why Mark would be dragging his feet on this, as you have already paid for shipping labels both ways, and paid for the repair from SpeakerPower (correct?) All he needs to do is post it back (?)

Good luck and keep us updated

Jamie
Yep, I paid for shipping both ways and also the repair cost. He even emailed me that the amp was repaired and that a couple of upgrades were done to it. That was three weeks ago. I don't want to be a pain in the ass so I email him once a week and get the same response, it should ship today.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks
post #998 of 1017 Old 06-30-2020, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2703 Post(s)
Liked: 4584
All I can say, after following this thread for the last few months.

It is a shame that the Customer Service from Seaton Audio, came to that. Since this small company had such a bright future and potential, to grow much bigger like some other ID companies. From their reputations, for CS if having any issues right away. While some can no longer keep-up, with the high demands. Many future customer still line-up in the que, and ready to wait. Only because of their great CS reputations.

I waited for a couple months for my Rythmik FV18's, and when I had an issue with one Amp. They offer to send me another sub right away, and since I live in Canada. I said no due to the cost to them been that it weight 180lbs, and ask if I could only replace the Amp. I got offer a discount that I also refuse, and simply ask for some instructions. And got 5 mini-video for the whole process, and the new amp with some tools and was in my place in a few days. And only ship back the defective amp, once I did the switch. And this was during Christmas time

Seaton Audio, could have been one of those companies. But now due to the bad CS reputations, from so many. I cannot no longer see-it happening, resulting in a great loss for Mark and many future potential customer

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 06-30-2020 at 06:44 PM.
post #999 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ntwooki3 View Post
The last time he actually logged into the forums was in the 2nd week of June.
Last Activity: 06-08-2020 11:17 AM

He hasn't shown his face in his own official forum since November. I know you are just venting here but I wouldn't count on getting any type of Response from him via this forum or email. From what I've read people seem to have the most success over the phone. I wish you luck and hope you don't have to wait 2+ years to get your stuff like some of our other buddies here.
That not what I have been able to come up with using the "Find" utility: On his forum 12-4-19 On AVS 11-30-19 On What's Best 6-22-20

On what Forum did you find him?

--Carl
post #1000 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Mark was active on the Home Theater Enthusiasts group on Facebook last month, promoting the shallow depth subs. These would be of interest to me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/home...21827391187012
post #1001 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
That not what I have been able to come up with using the "Find" utility: On his forum 12-4-19 On AVS 11-30-19 On What's Best 6-22-20

On what Forum did you find him?

I meant he was in another one of the forums here in 6/8. And yes he had not posted anything in the official Seaton forum since November.

What's interesting is that his post from 6/8 has disappeared. It is no longer showing up in his post history.
post #1002 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 293 Post(s)
Quoted: 3591 Post(s)
Liked: 4916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I have always loved Seaton Subs! They just seem to be a touch above the others i have heard for SQ. But that's just my opinion.

You need to hear some Rythmiks then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #1003 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 3566 Post(s)
Liked: 5514
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
You need to hear some Rythmiks then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A nice thing about Rythmik is they also give you a sub when you pay for it.

Sorry, that was just wrong.

Not really.
post #1004 of 1017 Old 07-01-2020, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2004 Post(s)
Liked: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
A nice thing about Rythmik is they also give you a sub when you pay for it.

I actually LOL on that one. Sad, but true.
CallingMrBenzo, flat4 and Matt37 like this.
post #1005 of 1017 Old 07-04-2020, 06:12 AM

Ok I got an update, I'm back in business. My amp showed up unexpectedly yesterday, no tracking info or a heads up it was on the way was ever given to me. I don't know if it was because of Mark or Speaker Power on why it took as long as it did to fix and get it back (almost 3 months). I will say that Mark did respond to all my emails whenever I contacted him.
jamiebosco and drh3b like this.
post #1006 of 1017 Old 07-04-2020, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Ok I got an update, I'm back in business. My amp showed up unexpectedly yesterday, no tracking info or a heads up it was on the way was ever given to me. I don't know if it was because of Mark or Speaker Power on why it took as long as it did to fix and get it back (almost 3 months). I will say that Mark did respond to all my emails whenever I contacted him.
Just so you know Mark doesn’t repair speaker power amps. That would be speaker power. But I’m glad you have your amp back and the mob can put their torches away!
umr and Modicen like this.

post #1007 of 1017 Old 07-04-2020, 07:14 AM

I know he does not repair the amps but maybe it could have been a communication problem between him and Speaker Power, Either way it's fixed. The last time my amp failed it literally took two and a half weeks from when I contacted Mark to getting it back fixed, then again we didn't have the corona virus going around also. Thanks to everyone who replied and helped me out.
jamiebosco and llang269 like this.
post #1008 of 1017 Old 07-04-2020, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Agree
And also bass frequencies, demand higher power requirement. That is also very hard on an Amp.
Just to bad, they cannot last as long. Perhaps having an internal fan, into the cabinet to be silent could help.
But would add-up to price, where most buyers try avoid. Darth
Interesting discussion. I used to follow this thread and had to step away for a while.

You are correct. Plate amps are designed to narrow power and frequency specs. They are installed an enclosed box - so heat can become an issue even when some have external fins. The box shakes the *@(@* outta the electronics at lower frequencies, and the amps are "designed" to left on 24/7 with "auto-trigger" signal switches for convenience. Add those together and we are accelerating early failures.

It's generally the electrolytic caps that are cooked and then give up the ghost. My advice, if you want plated amps to last longer, power them off with a power switch/sequencer when not in use. The shaking, thermals and other stressors are death to electronics and are harder to deal with unless you move the amps outta the box, cool'm well and still turn them off when not in use.

That said, SpeakerPower designs and makes, what I consider are some of the best if not the best, sub and subplate amps in the business. You get what you pay for and then still, there's only so far you can go solving these challenges. Peace.
umr, Modicen and llang269 like this.

Last edited by gattaca; 07-05-2020 at 12:39 AM.
post #1009 of 1017 Old Today, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 161
As a very satisfied long-time owner of seaton subs, its discouraging to read about the down-fall of seaton as a company. That’s the risk you take when dealing with a one-man operation. That is the biggest reason I never pulled the trigger on a D-Sonic amp.

All this talk has me considering selling my Submersive HP while it is still like new and fully operational. Any recommendations as to what I might replace it with? Right now all I have is a single submersive HP.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC, ATI AT6005, Audio Control Savoy G3, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears),(4) RSL C34E’s (Atmos), Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, (3) 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
post #1010 of 1017 Old Today, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
As a very satisfied long-time owner of seaton subs, its discouraging to read about the down-fall of seaton as a company. That’s the risk you take when dealing with a one-man operation. That is the biggest reason I never pulled the trigger on a D-Sonic amp.

All this talk has me considering selling my Submersive HP while it is still like new and fully operational. Any recommendations as to what I might replace it with? Right now all I have is a single submersive HP.
JTR or Rythmik are the only two that I would personally consider. Rythmik does have a G15 model which is very similar to the SubM.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Video:JVC RS35 on 110" - 60" Panasonic plasma - Darby Darblet/eeColor video processor - Panasonic BD85 Blu-ray playback.
Audio:Denon X4500H - Speakers: Philharmonic AA+ LRC, Mirage Omnipolar Spherex surrounds - Subwoofers: Seaton F18+
Misc:Sennheiser HD558 - HCFR with i1 Pro - MiniDSP - PSVR for 3D Blu-ray.
post #1011 of 1017 Old Today, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHT View Post
JTR or Rythmik are the only two that I would personally consider. Rythmik does have a G15 model which is very similar to the SubM.

Thanks. I was just on Rhythmiks site looking at their products.They have quite a selection of subs; Almost to the point where I will end up with “analysis paralysis”.

Is JTR as a company similar to Seaton? Aren’t they also basically dependent on a single person for their operation?

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC, ATI AT6005, Audio Control Savoy G3, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears),(4) RSL C34E’s (Atmos), Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, (3) 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
post #1012 of 1017 Old Today, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I was just on Rhythmiks site looking at their products.They have quite a selection of subs; Almost to the point where I will end up with “analysis paralysis”.

Is JTR as a company similar to Seaton? Aren’t they also basically dependent on a single person for their operation?
Yes you are correct about JTR but his track record is much better than Seaton and his products are world class as well. I almost went with 2 of his RS1's but it would've cost the price of 3 Seaton F18's.

Video:JVC RS35 on 110" - 60" Panasonic plasma - Darby Darblet/eeColor video processor - Panasonic BD85 Blu-ray playback.
Audio:Denon X4500H - Speakers: Philharmonic AA+ LRC, Mirage Omnipolar Spherex surrounds - Subwoofers: Seaton F18+
post #1013 of 1017 Old Today, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHT View Post
Yes you are correct about JTR but his track record is much better than Seaton and his products are world class as well. I almost went with 2 of his RS1's but it would've cost the price of 3 Seaton F18's.

Going off-topic, but where are you in Ohio? I am near Louisville, basically 90 minutes from Cincinnati.

post #1014 of 1017 Old Today, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Going off-topic, but where are you in Ohio? I am near Louisville, basically 90 minutes from Cincinnati.
Ahh okay, I'm about an hour south of Columbus.

post #1015 of 1017 Old Today, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The dual opposed 15" Rythmik is called G25HP. JTR doesn't have any 15" subwoofers but the RS1 is a single sealed 18" that's not large unlike the RS2. PSA has A LOT of sealed dual opposed options in 15" and 18." Great performance and value.
If one has no plans to add more subs in the future and is happy with their Submersive now, I don't know if it's worth the hassle to switch since amp failure is the most likely issue long term and SpeakerPower isn't going anywhere.

Tim
post #1016 of 1017 Old Today, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 293 Post(s)
Quoted: 3591 Post(s)
Liked: 4916
Quote:

The RS1 is a fine sub with tons of output for its size, if looking at Rythmik look at F18, G25HP or hold out for the DO 18 inch G28

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #1017 of 1017 Old Today, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 10979
Quote:

Rythmik, JTR, and PSA are all good options. PSA has the S3012 which is a similar design to your Submersive HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page