Official Monoprice THX Subwoofers - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 656Likes

post #301 of 1753 Old 06-29-2018, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post
That sounds more like it Yes, these subs are very tight, and punchy. I am very impressed with their sound signature. I have had some boomy subs in the past that would sometimes struggle under 20hz. These don't
exactly, lack of "boomy" was what i really wanted and what you get with these subs. can't wait to view a few more movies with great soundtracks like Fury. Thanks again everyone for your help & tips
MIX_MASTER_ICE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 1753 Old 06-29-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2678 Post(s)
Liked: 2493
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
Ok update with Dual 12's:
VERDICT:
Excellent!
tweaking the levels on the avr options and sub gain made a big difference. Demo was Fury 4K UHD disc. wow! Its the first time I could actually feel the shots from the tank in my chair, literally. Bass is super tight, clean and very punchy. exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how much the sound path feet contributed to this. I would not call my self a bass-head. I don't need or want everything in the room to shake and move ( it shouldn't the way I had it built). The subs performed as i was hoping they would. No chuffing no after rumble, bass starts and stops exactly when it should. even the background guns off the distance were subtly felt as I heard them from the rear surrounds, while dialog was happening up front.

I am sure I will still be tweaking here and there. but I can live with the results I have now for sure. curious to see after a break in period how they perform.

THE BAD
sub feet that come with subwoofer are just crazy small. they seem to overbuild everything else but not the feet. not a deal breaker for sure

front grill: doesn't seem to go in very easily. just be careful and line up holes and gently push into each section. again, not a deal breaker.

The Monolith subs are amazing performers for sure. They should even improve a bit after a break-in period. The little "nubs" as I call them, are just like the feet that come with the majority of the SVS subs, even the massive PB16-Ultra. I don't care for them either. The grille pegs are really hard to get inserted and you have to put a fair amount of pressure on them to get them snug. I ran mine naked for a long time, but recently put the grilles on. I'm not a big fan of the logo on the dust cap.

Subs>RBH I-12e. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2), THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 270/235c/230/225c. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5bs. Polk RTiA1/CSiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2,V6, XB900n,700,XB72,XB32. Sennheiser HD58X,HD4.50,PC37X. HiFiMAN HE4XX. Philips SHP9500. JBL PartyBox100(x2), Xtreme2,Charge4,Link300. Sivga SV004. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK7,PK5. HK Onyx Studio4(x2)
post #303 of 1753 Old 06-29-2018, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
The Monolith subs are amazing performers for sure. They should even improve a bit after a break-in period. The little "nubs" as I call them, are just like the feet that come with the majority of the SVS subs, even the massive PB16-Ultra. I don't care for them either. The grille pegs are really hard to get inserted and you have to put a fair amount of pressure on them to get them snug. I ran mine naked for a long time, but recently put the grilles on. I'm not a big fan of the logo on the dust cap.
"little nubs" for sure. they are somewhat ridiculous, especially on a bigger sub. can't get your hand under the sub to move it, especially on carpet. Even my old Mirage sub had massive rubber feet. But if thats the worse it has to offer- then definitely not much to complain about I guess. Thanks again for help on my ( what seemed endless) subwoofer decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 1753 Old 06-29-2018, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
"little nubs" for sure. they are somewhat ridiculous, especially on a bigger sub. can't get your hand under the sub to move it, especially on carpet. Even my old Mirage sub had massive rubber feet. But if thats the worse it has to offer- then definitely not much to complain about I guess. Thanks again for help on my ( what seemed endless) subwoofer decision.

Happy to help out. I see you replaced the stock feet with SVS isolation feet, which are nice. Kinda pricey, but a nice improvement over the stock feet. I have them on both my Monolith 12's.

I've used these before and also recommend them for a cheap replacement/improvement over the nubs that come on SVS or Monolith subs. Amazon changed them to a "add-on" item a while back, which is irritating > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SuperFist likes this.

Subs>RBH I-12e. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2), THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 270/235c/230/225c. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5bs. Polk RTiA1/CSiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2,V6, XB900n,700,XB72,XB32. Sennheiser HD58X,HD4.50,PC37X. HiFiMAN HE4XX. Philips SHP9500. JBL PartyBox100(x2), Xtreme2,Charge4,Link300. Sivga SV004. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK7,PK5. HK Onyx Studio4(x2)
post #305 of 1753 Old 06-29-2018, 11:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Ok update with Dual 12's:

SUB
crossover : off
80hz
level : 3 o'clock
phase: 0
extended mode
one port plugged
SVS sound path feet installed
sub cables: blue jean
location: one on each side wall about a third of the way towards front of room

RECEIVER YAMHA 3060:
sub level at: -5
AVR settings
(Option) [Tone control] {bass} 3.5
(Option) [Tome control] {Sub trim} 3.5
EXTRA BASS TURNED OFF
monorail x 2

ROOM
3220 CFT.
carpet
floor base: wood framed ( room on main level of house)

VERDICT:
Excellent!
tweaking the levels on the avr options and sub gain made a big difference. Demo was Fury 4K UHD disc. wow! Its the first time I could actually feel the shots from the tank in my chair, literally. Bass is super tight, clean and very punchy. exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how much the sound path feet contributed to this. I would not call my self a bass-head. I don't need or want everything in the room to shake and move ( it shouldn't the way I had it built). The subs performed as i was hoping they would. No chuffing no after rumble, bass starts and stops exactly when it should. even the background guns off the distance were subtly felt as I heard them from the rear surrounds, while dialog was happening up front.

I am sure I will still be tweaking here and there. but I can live with the results I have now for sure. curious to see after a break in period how they perform.

THE BAD
sub feet that come with subwoofer are just crazy small. they seem to overbuild everything else but not the feet. not a deal breaker for sure

front grill: doesn't seem to go in very easily. just be careful and line up holes and gently push into each section. again, not a deal breaker.
Congrats on your bass-bliss! I’m glad after tweaking your AVR settings you got everything dialed in.

I would offer some more advice as I have more time to type this than the previous post when I posted my sub/AVR settings.

Here is a general graph showing what each setting does to the FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Stevens View Post
I have tested this numerous times with a calibrated mic and REW and compared with Fuzzmeasure as well. In my room after YPAO calibration and with all speakers set to small and 80Hz crossovers, adjusting the subwoofer channel level has an effect at the crossover and frequencies above the crossover. However, adjusting the Bass Tone control and the Subwoofer Trim control in the options menu operate differently according to the readings that I have taken,

Bass Tone control affects from approximately 250Hz and down in a taper meaning that if you set the control at +3 you will see a .5 to 1 db increase at approximately 250Hz and a +3 db increase at the lowest frequency you can test. In my setup it is 15Hz.

The Subwoofer Trim works with the same taper but below the crossover. In the example of 80Hz crossover, you will begin to see the taper at approximately 63Hz and the full increase (example of +3db) at the lowest tested frequency.

These two controls enable you to fine tune a custom house curve or just to shape your bass frequencies to your individual liking much better and more efficiently than just boosting the subwoofer channel level as most do.

Extra Bass is horrible and I would not recommend engaging that function so I agree with you there. In testing Extra Bass there is a boost above the crossover that extends into the midrange frequencies, but it also significantly lowers the frequencies lower than the crossover especially the ULF's.

Quote:
Somewhat, the Subwoofer Trim will affect the frequencies below the crossover at a gradual taper. The Bass Tone Control affects frequencies starting around 250Hz and on down as low as your equipment will produce. The Subwoofer Level found in the setup menu will affect the crossover and a little higher, at least in the measurements in my room.

What's valuable to understand is that you have basically 3 controls to tune the bass frequencies in the receiver: Subwoofer Level, Bass Tone Control and Subwoofer Trim (I am not listing Extra Bass because I don't like what it does). They all react differently and provide different results. Unfortunately, if you do not have the equipment and desire to measure with a calibrated mic and software, than you will never be able to determine accurately what the controls are doing. You can use trial and error and some good audio tracks I would guess.

Also, the size of your room (room gain) will alter the results as well with smaller rooms (more room gain) showing elevated responses.
Quote:
You can and keep in mind with those 3 controls you can decide what frequencies you would like to give a boost too. If you want to boost below the crossover and boost the ULF's(ultra low frequencies) then the Subwoofer trim is a good choice. If you feel that you need a little more at the crossover then the Subwoofer Level (channel level in the setup menu) will work. If you would like to add some to your fronts as well as the sub then the Bass Tone control will give you a nice taper from about 250Hz down to whatever your system plus room gain will produce.

I am using 80Hz crossovers so I am using +3 with the Bass Tone control and +3 with the subwoofer trim. I did not increase the Subwoofer level in the setup menu because after I ran YPAO and checked the levels the subwoofer was measuring almost 78 db and REW was showing some nice results and it sounds great.
Quote:
Yamaha offers some great features in the PEQ section with allowing you to copy the settings from the YPAO measurements to manual which enable your to see exactly what's happening at your listening position and then enables you to pull down some peak frequencies helping to smooth out the response for a much more enjoyable experience.

In regards to just increasing the subwoofer volume to +10 over all of the other channels is something we all have been doing for many years before we had access to measurement software and it is a procedure I followed especially in the day's of using Outlaw separates. However, since taking the time one day to investigate and measure what all of the other tools that Yamaha gives you, such as Subwoofer Trim, Bass Tone Control and what the PEQ does I feel that there is a much better way of getting the most out of Yamaha receivers.

Personally, I would never just increase the sub to +10 again knowing what I do now through measurements as I feel that using the Subwoofer Trim provides such a nice taper to the lower frequencies which to me gives a great thump and tightens up the bass but more importantly, it doesn't sound over the top.
Quote:
No as far as clipping because the tone control and sub trim control are active circuits and are acting more like EQ adjustments not level controls although it may appear that way. Also, by using the bass tone control you are applying the EQ from about 250Hz which is giving you a smoother transition between your fronts, center and sub and it's certainly helping at the crossover.

I would suggest that you do a comparison by graphing your setup as it's setup now and then taking a reading using the sub trim and bass control. You will probably be at the same levels peak just much more gradual and smoother starting around 250Hz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
with bass tone control at +6dB (and everything else default/zero), it has affect for C+sub measure up to 1kHz

it also affects LFE channel

Edit: Quotes & graphs from
@H Stevens
&
@PlasmaPZ80U
&
@Twelton43

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
| Spkrs | HSU CCB8 x3 | SVS Prime Elevation x2 | Polk S15 |

Last edited by DaBateman; 06-29-2018 at 11:59 PM.
post #306 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The STRIPE20 code from yesterday and today exclude monolith.

The next ones to try are 15% off July 1 only with "FOURTH"
Then 20% July 2nd only with 1776
post #307 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1176 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post

Which site are these coupons active on?
Thanks
post #308 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-fo...ews-27534.html
post #309 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I’m confused.

Yesterday’s eBay code was ‘PERFECTDAY’

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
post #310 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBateman View Post
I’m confused.

Yesterday’s eBay code was ‘PERFECTDAY’
What does this have to do with ebay???
post #311 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What does this have to do with ebay???
Well if you look through this thread that’s the only mention of a discount code.

You randomly post a non-valid code & future codes not including what the codes are for & where they go??

So excuse me.

post #312 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Well if you look through this thread that’s the only mention of a discount code.

You randomly post a non-valid code & future codes not including what the codes are for & where they go??

So excuse me.

I guess you didn't actually click on the link which provides all of the points your were confused about
post #313 of 1753 Old 06-30-2018, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I guess you didn't actually click on the link which provides all of the points your were confused about
Quote:

Quote:

So excuse me.

Back to my point, your original post had no context. I posted my question about eBay 1 minute after you linked the website when someone else asked. Why would someone else ask?.. hence my point about no context.

Whatever it doesn’t matter, if you wanted a Monolith yesterday you could’ve got one using the eBay code.

This is nongermane to this particular threads subsistence.

post #314 of 1753 Old 07-03-2018, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
Any tips for setting up my 12" with a Denon receiver like you guys have for yamaha? The bass seems a bit weak compared to the mids and highs. Not much rumble until I get the volume turned up pretty high. I did the audyssey set up with it which put the level at about 11 o'clock for the 76 or so decibels that it wanted it set to. Before I just turn up the gain from what Audyssey set it to I figured I should ask if there's any other settings I should look into. Thanks.

Sub settings:
80hz
level : 11 o'clock
extended mode
one port plugged

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #315 of 1753 Old 07-03-2018, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2948 Post(s)
Liked: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Any tips for setting up my 12" with a Denon receiver like you guys have for yamaha? The bass seems a bit weak compared to the mids and highs. Not much rumble until I get the volume turned up pretty high. I did the audyssey set up with it which put the level at about 11 o'clock for the 76 or so decibels that it wanted it set to. Before I just turn up the gain from what Audyssey set it to I figured I should ask if there's any other settings I should look into. Thanks.

Sub settings:
80hz
level : 11 o'clock
extended mode
one port plugged
What did Audyssey set the sub trim (level) in the receiver?

It ideally should be around -5db to -11db. If it is bump it up 3 or 4 db and give it a listen.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #316 of 1753 Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I know every room is different, but are most using 1 port plugged or none? I took out both plugs and it still sounds tight and deep in my room. Audyessy set my trim to -14

Crossover 80hz
Gain 1 o"clock
THX
0 Phase

I was thinking of turn down the gain to 10 or 11 o'clock to get the Audyessy trim to be more towards 0.

But so far, I'm really enjoying this sub. It's fun to watch movies and my house has been rattling like never before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #317 of 1753 Old 07-03-2018, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
What did Audyssey set the sub trim (level) in the receiver?

It ideally should be around -5db to -11db. If it is bump it up 3 or 4 db and give it a listen.
It was set to -1 db. I ran Audyssey setup again and the it was only reading only about 70 db. Guessing it needed some more break-in time. I turned the gain up to to get it back to jumping between 75 and 76 db (about 12 o'clock now). After the new calibration the trim was at -0.5 db. I'm going to watch a movie now and see how it performs with the new settings.

One thing I noticed on the calibration summary screen is that it measured it to be about 4 feet further away then it actually is. The other distance measurements were about right on.
post #318 of 1753 Old 07-04-2018, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
It was set to -1 db. I ran Audyssey setup again and the it was only reading only about 70 db. Guessing it needed some more break-in time. I turned the gain up to to get it back to jumping between 75 and 76 db (about 12 o'clock now). After the new calibration the trim was at -0.5 db. I'm going to watch a movie now and see how it performs with the new settings.

One thing I noticed on the calibration summary screen is that it measured it to be about 4 feet further away then it actually is. The other distance measurements were about right on.
Most AVR’s set distances longer with subwoofers compared to regular speakers so the bass arrives at the same time as the other sound. Bass moves slower or faster; whichever one it is so the AVR adjusts the distance to compensate.

You should have a AVR trim of -5 at least. Don’t be afraid to turn the gain up. I have mine set to 3 o’clock.

Once you get close to 0.0 trim or in the positives you’re getting close to having no headroom which will clip the signal which isn’t good.

Shoot for -5 to -10, to achieve this you’re gonna have to turn up the gain. Once it’s at -5 to -10 if it still doesn’t seem appropriate bass levels you can turn up the trim 3-4dB.

Or if you don’t want to recalibrate just turn the trim to -8 then compensate by turning the gain up until it’s where you like the sound.

post #319 of 1753 Old 07-04-2018, 03:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threshold350 View Post
I know every room is different, but are most using 1 port plugged or none? I took out both plugs and it still sounds tight and deep in my room. Audyessy set my trim to -14

Crossover 80hz
Gain 1 o"clock
THX
0 Phase

I was thinking of turn down the gain to 10 or 11 o'clock to get the Audyessy trim to be more towards 0.

But so far, I'm really enjoying this sub. It's fun to watch movies and my house has been rattling like never before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I don’t know how far Denon goes down in the negatives but ideally you want to shoot for -5 to -10.

-14 seems pretty low.

If you like the way it sounds though I’d just leave it alone. You have 14dB of headroom in the signal & your plate amp is not being stressed at all at 1 o’clock.

Regardless if you do want to rerun EQ turn you gain down to 12 o’clock and report back the settings.

Also I have both of my ports open but, that’s just because I get so much room gain. My room is only 1200^3

Edit: if your crossover on the sub is 80Hz turn that to “off.”

80Hz crossover is for the AVR settings, not the subs.

post #320 of 1753 Old 07-04-2018, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1365 Post(s)
Liked: 1550
You don't need to adjust the gain on the back of the sub. You want to manually adjust the gain in the receiver settings. If you are at -14 try -8 or so and adjust from there. Audyssey set mine at -9 and I adjusted to -4 and it sounds perfect.
post #321 of 1753 Old 07-04-2018, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Watched a few more movies with great soundtracks to test out the new subs ( hurricane heist, justice league, blade runner 2049), gotta say these subs really deliver, more and more impressed with them. even my wife who couldn't care less about any subwoofer said she noticed a big difference from what I previously had.

looks like I got mine just in time too- the 12's are showing out of stock too now
SuperFist likes this.

Last edited by thetman; 07-04-2018 at 06:55 AM.
post #322 of 1753 Old 07-04-2018, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You should have a AVR trim of -5 at least. Don’t be afraid to turn the gain up. I have mine set to 3 o’clock.

Once you get close to 0.0 trim or in the positives you’re getting close to having no headroom which will clip the signal which isn’t good.

Shoot for -5 to -10, to achieve this you’re gonna have to turn up the gain. Once it’s at -5 to -10 if it still doesn’t seem appropriate bass levels you can turn up the trim 3-4dB.

Or if you don’t want to recalibrate just turn the trim to -8 then compensate by turning the gain up until it’s where you like the sound.
I'll play with turning down the trim a bit today and turning up the gain. Audyssey setting it to -0.5 seemed a bit high.

The good news though is that after the recalibration last night that sub rocked me. I watched Ready Player One and had my house rattling. The race near the beginning had everything shaking from the start. Then at the start of one of the gun fights it felt like I got shot by a paintball. I was looking down at my phone not paying complete attention and it got my attention quick.
post #323 of 1753 Old 07-10-2018, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just in case anybody didn't know, you can get $100 off the Monolith 15 today using ebay code PRIMOTECH. Final price comes out to $1202.19/shipped.
oldsteve, sorka and SuperFist like this.

post #324 of 1753 Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Just in case anybody didn't know, you can get $100 off the Monolith 15 today using ebay code PRIMOTECH. Final price comes out to $1202.19/shipped.
Done. 15" ordered.
post #325 of 1753 Old 07-10-2018, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1365 Post(s)
Liked: 1550
Quote:
Done. 15" ordered.
Enjoy!
post #326 of 1753 Old 07-13-2018, 08:21 AM
E05

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey guys i just picked up a mono 10" sub, just plugged it up yesterday, When setting it up to my AVR what settings should I put the settings at? Even with the 3 toggle switches as well?

--Denon AVR2400H--Sony XBR65in930E--Monolith THX 10"--OPPO 203--
post #327 of 1753 Old 07-13-2018, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E05 View Post
Hey guys i just picked up a mono 10" sub, just plugged it up yesterday, When setting it up to my AVR what settings should I put the settings at? Even with the 3 toggle switches as well?
Read pages 10-11. Everything you need is there.

post #328 of 1753 Old 07-13-2018, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E05 View Post
yes check out what DaBateman wrote. after tweaking my receivers settings mine came alive with much more slam. My settings are on page 10.
DaBateman likes this.
post #329 of 1753 Old 07-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but according to the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372116195402

It would appear if you go strictly by the fine print, the Monolith sub sold through the Monoprice ebay store only has a 1 year warranty, not 5.
post #330 of 1753 Old 07-18-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but according to the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372116195402

It would appear if you go strictly by the fine print, the Monolith sub sold through the Monoprice ebay store only has a 1 year warranty, not 5.
Fortunately it's just an issue with them pasting their standard warranty policy without explicitly calling out the Monolith 5 year warranty. From Monoprice when I asked directly through the ebay store:

"In regards to the warranty, the subwoofer would indeed have the same 5 year warranty displayed on our website. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
bestsubs , better than psa , monolith 12" thx ultra 500w sub , monolith 15" thx ultra 1000w sub , psa sucks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page