Bass EQ for Filtered Movies - Page 162 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20268Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4831 of 8218 Old 02-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
BassEQ Sex Education (2019) Season 1 DD+
I watched the first episode of this about a week ago and enjoyed it, but then I just forgot about it. A good-looking BEQ is a nice incentive to get back into it . Thank you, sir.
cinemaniac93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4832 of 8218 Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
BassEQ Despicable Me 3 (2017) DTS:X


SBuger, galonzo, SuperFist and 3 others like this.

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
aron7awol is online now  
post #4833 of 8218 Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
[SPOILER][CENTER]BassEQ The Quake (Skjelvet) (2018) Dolby Digital 5.1
(FYI - You don't have to add these to the first page or the repository... I'm just practicing BEQ Apprentice!)
I was starting to add it but pulled back from doing it when I realized it was Dolby Digital and not sourced. Per Aron's reasoning in his post, I haven't been adding these to the repo. The only lossy titles in it are the TV shows from one of the streaming services (like the two Aron posted today) since they will be consistent in the lossy encoding.
galonzo, SuperFist and paulst like this.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4834 of 8218 Old 02-17-2019, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
peniku8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
I think it's worth keeping the functionality in BEQD. In addition to JRiver/APO/Audition users, remux users may also want the ability to go <10Hz with filters.
Can you tell me how you get Audition to do anything below 20Hz? Their standard plugins don't go below 20Hz, neither do any of my iZotope or Waves plugins, or anything else I've ever used.

A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga goes Rock Audio&Video by Ocean Studios (me)
SKHorn Build
Samsung KS7500 - Marantz NR1504 - Klipsch R-26F - Klipsch R-25C - Klipsch R-15M - SKHorn (on FP-13000 clone)
Bass EQ for Filtered Video Games
peniku8 is offline  
post #4835 of 8218 Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,818
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by peniku8 View Post
Can you tell me how you get Audition to do anything below 20Hz? Their standard plugins don't go below 20Hz, neither do any of my iZotope or Waves plugins, or anything else I've ever used.
I believe https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/iq-eq/ is one option
SuperFist likes this.

Last edited by 3ll3d00d; 02-17-2019 at 11:56 PM.
3ll3d00d is offline  
post #4836 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
I'm seeing more than a few of those on the first page in the first post. For example, Independence Day and Smallfoot are already done, so make sure you take another gander and edit your post for those that really aren't done, yet.
I removed Independence Day and Smallfoot, my eyes must have missed them.

Thanks Aron for doing Minions.
SuperFist likes this.
Ted Mcvey is offline  
post #4837 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
 
peniku8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
Pretty disappointing when you've spent thousands on vst plugins and you have to buy yet another one for a single function, especially when it's basically just and EQ you need and you have like a dozen already.

A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga goes Rock Audio&Video by Ocean Studios (me)
SKHorn Build
Samsung KS7500 - Marantz NR1504 - Klipsch R-26F - Klipsch R-25C - Klipsch R-15M - SKHorn (on FP-13000 clone)
Bass EQ for Filtered Video Games
peniku8 is offline  
post #4838 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3396
Giving Pacific Rim Uprising BEQ a reference spin, wife accidentally bought it for me for Christmas instead of the first Pac Rim UHD, so I promised her I’d watch it again instead of returning it, lol...luckily there’s BEQ this time to improve upon a poor bass track.

Only the regular Atmos BEQ was in the repo; has anyone tried the BEQXL version of PR2? The BEQXL seems to have heaps more ULF <20Hz. Sticking with the regular BEQ for now.
paulst likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sekosche is online now  
post #4839 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
At 8 hit the save icon.... Save as .txt file - if you do it in the same folder and type the first couple of characters, it fills in the name, though delete the .xml ending or it saves wrong

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Quick question: After I loaded and export as Biquad, I wanted to load another one. Doing so adds the filter on top of what's open. I didn't find any command in menu to clear out the existing filters. The only option I could use was to manually delete the filters from right bottom section of screen labeled under "Filter - default". There I had to select all filters and delete them. Is this the way to get rid of loaded filter and load a new one?
harrisu is offline  
post #4840 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Was trying to see what TRON BEQ looks like. But first, those who are using BM for Dirac, if you want to import BEQ, you'd have to use 48 and not 96. 96 works with 2x4 HD.

Now after I imported the BEQ, this is what it looks like. Is this correct?


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tron.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2527450  
SBuger likes this.
harrisu is offline  
post #4841 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3396
Bass EQ for Filtered Movies

Simply wow, Pac Rim 2 with BEQ is freaking awesome! I can’t believe this is the same track. Just crazy amounts of TR, watching with the bass a couple dB above reference. The nearfield subs have never sounded better, and reclining all the way (which I don’t normally do) puts me almost right on top of them, and the bass energy is just nuts.

The sequel is a bit slower to get to the big bass scenes, but the last 30 minutes is just brutal!

Thanks @aron7awol
SBuger, galonzo, paulst and 4 others like this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sekosche is online now  
post #4842 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 3597
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Was trying to see what TRON BEQ looks like. But first, those who are using BM for Dirac, if you want to import BEQ, you'd have to use 48 and not 96. 96 works with 2x4 HD.

Now after I imported the BEQ, this is what it looks like. Is this correct?


Cool to see how the BEQ effects your FR with a sweep. Yep correct, that is what it takes to bring the low end up to full band under 30hz on Tron. You understand how it works right? ... the BEQ is not EQing the movie track itself (Tron in this case), but EQing your subs (and MAs if you have them) to to bring up the certain track to full band ref levels all the way down with your subs (or at least as far down as your subs will go).

EDIT: Well I guess it does if your remuxing the track and saving it
Younger38 and IAH like this.

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD

Last edited by SBuger; 02-18-2019 at 09:42 AM.
SBuger is offline  
post #4843 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 3597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Simply wow, Pac Rim 2 with BEQ is freaking awesome! I can’t believe this is the same track. Just crazy amounts of TR, watching with the bass a couple dB above reference. The nearfield subs have never sounded better, and reclining all the way (which I don’t normally do) puts me almost right on top of them, and the bass energy is just nuts.

The sequel is a bit slower to get to the big bass scenes, but the last 30 minutes is just brutal!

Thanks @aron7awol
Awesome!!! Still haven't watched this one yet but need to I guess, especially after your comments

Yep, BEQ plus getting right on top of the nearfields (as close as you can by reclining farther back on them or however) really does bring the bass energy and TR to new levels!!

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
SBuger is offline  
post #4844 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
@aron7awol , @DesertDog , @PioManiac : Loading Tron xml file into BEQDesigner shows that there are 2 filters applied (see image below). But when I see the info on Tron using first post here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post56887654, it shows that there are 3 filters. 1 filter seems to be missing (the one at 45Hz). Am I right?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tron Curve showing missing 45Hz Param.PNG
Views:	127
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	2527470  
harrisu is offline  
post #4845 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 3597
All them Despicalbe Me's look great with BEQ Aron! Need to watch those too. I've seen 2 quite a few time and loved it, but I'm sure BEQ will make it way better! I've seen parts of 1 but not the whole thing. Haven't seen 3 yet or Minions. DM1 PVA with BEQ looks like a perfect slope up all the way to super low singles ..way cool!!!

Also looking forward to checking these out in DTS:X (all but one are DTS:X it looks like). Right on, I love DTS:X!
galonzo and biga6761 like this.

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
SBuger is offline  
post #4846 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,818
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Quick question: After I loaded and export as Biquad, I wanted to load another one. Doing so adds the filter on top of what's open. I didn't find any command in menu to clear out the existing filters. The only option I could use was to manually delete the filters from right bottom section of screen labeled under "Filter - default". There I had to select all filters and delete them. Is this the way to get rid of loaded filter and load a new one?
You can delete them one by one for now

An as yet unreleased build adds a clear button and always replaces existing filters when you import a file from the repo.
Alaric, galonzo, sirjaymz and 4 others like this.
3ll3d00d is offline  
post #4847 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
@aron7awol , @DesertDog , @PioManiac : Loading Tron xml file into BEQDesigner shows that there are 2 filters applied (see image below). But when I see the info on Tron using first post here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post56887654, it shows that there are 3 filters. 1 filter seems to be missing (the one at 45Hz). Am I right?
The file has the 45 hz filter in it and I see it in BEQDesigner when I load it. Your file list for BEQd might be out of date. Tron was updated a couple weeks ago. Open Preferences in BEQd and at the bottom there's the refresh button for the git repo. Press it and try again after the reload.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is online now  
post #4848 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
The file has the 45 hz filter in it and I see it in BEQDesigner when I load it. Your file list for BEQd might be out of date. Tron was updated a couple weeks ago. Open Preferences in BEQd and at the bottom there's the refresh button for the git repo. Press it and try again after the reload.
Did exactly you explained above. It downloads all the files to Users/d/.beq folder. Checked the dateTime stamp and it says 02/18 so that confirms that the files were downloaded today. Loaded Tron file and still missing 45Hz filter.

Here is the file. You can download and see it. Also check the timestamp that confirms that I just downloaded it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdtkc4ocmr...207.1.xml?dl=0

Last edited by harrisu; 02-18-2019 at 12:33 PM.
harrisu is offline  
post #4849 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Cool to see how the BEQ effects your FR with a sweep. Yep correct, that is what it takes to bring the low end up to full band under 30hz on Tron. You understand how it works right? ... the BEQ is not EQing the movie track itself (Tron in this case), but EQing your subs (and MAs if you have them) to to bring up the certain track to full band ref levels all the way down with your subs (or at least as far down as your subs will go).

EDIT: Well I guess it does if your remuxing the track and saving it
Lolls yes I understand that it EQs my sub channel only. So today I finally tried BEQ using TRON. I have five words the explain the experience I had using BEQ

Loved it. Here is the thing. BEQ is answering so many of my questions I had and also making me realized what I was missing. Currently, I'm running my subs 8dB Hot and that's plenty for movies like Tron/San Andreas .... for MB and on some occasion for Low frequency shakes. But when I really wanted to get that Shake, I had to increase sub trim to like 12-14dB. The issue was that with that increase, I was increase the whole Bass FR. I use a house curve as following
20-50: 8dB
100: 5dB
and I really like how it sounds. But when boosted +6dB, 50 goes to 14dB and 100 to 11dB. With that, I liked the TR (loved it). Watching Tron was awesome. But then later when I watched other movies, this 50-100Hz boost didn't sound as good and was more like boomier. I couldn't understand why it'd sound great for TRON but not for others until now.
What I really like about this BEQ thread is that it shows Movie FR before/after. So I can clearly see what we are missing and boosting. In my case, I was boosting the whole FR but BEQ only focuses on what's missing in LF. With it, I got both . Mid-Bass sounds great and I get the TR I was looking for. Finnaallyyyyyy YESSSS
Long story short, BEQ is just simply awesome and so very addicting. I still think that there is so much more to learn but the result is so very much worth it .
After applying BEQ for Tron, it was just so very awesome. Loved it totally even though I don't have good gain below 15Hz and cancellation at 17Hz. But I don't believe that FR tells the whole story. FR shows that I have cancellation at 17Hz but when I play Edge of Tomorrow starting scene without any BEQ, it still shakes my room like crazy . Could be the particle velocity. I don't know but if that scene is specifically targeting 17Hz then it shouldn't have done much but it did a lot
SBuger, InPhase, aron7awol and 3 others like this.
harrisu is offline  
post #4850 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
BEQs in progress:

Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut
The Golden Compass
U-571
Getaway

Should get them all done by tonight...
Alaric, InPhase, trhought and 4 others like this.

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
aron7awol is online now  
post #4851 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
trhought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Lolls yes I understand that it EQs my sub channel only. So today I finally tried BEQ using TRON. I have five words the explain the experience I had using BEQ

Loved it. Here is the thing. BEQ is answering so many of my questions I had and also making me realized what I was missing. Currently, I'm running my subs 8dB Hot and that's plenty for movies like Tron/San Andreas .... for MB and on some occasion for Low frequency shakes. But when I really wanted to get that Shake, I had to increase sub trim to like 12-14dB. The issue was that with that increase, I was increase the whole Bass FR. I use a house curve as following
20-50: 8dB
100: 5dB
and I really like how it sounds. But when boosted +6dB, 50 goes to 14dB and 100 to 11dB. With that, I liked the TR (loved it). Watching Tron was awesome. But then later when I watched other movies, this 50-100Hz boost didn't sound as good and was more like boomier. I couldn't understand why it'd sound great for TRON but not for others until now.
What I really like about this BEQ thread is that it shows Movie FR before/after. So I can clearly see what we are missing and boosting. In my case, I was boosting the whole FR but BEQ only focuses on what's missing in LF. With it, I got both . Mid-Bass sounds great and I get the TR I was looking for. Finnaallyyyyyy YESSSS
Long story short, BEQ is just simply awesome and so very addicting. I still think that there is so much more to learn but the result is so very much worth it .
After applying BEQ for Tron, it was just so very awesome. Loved it totally even though I don't have good gain below 15Hz and cancellation at 17Hz. But I don't believe that FR tells the whole story. FR shows that I have cancellation at 17Hz but when I play Edge of Tomorrow starting scene without any BEQ, it still shakes my room like crazy . Could be the particle velocity. I don't know but if that scene is specifically targeting 17Hz then it shouldn't have done much but it did a lot
harrisu.....yeah....BEQ is the real deal. Below 20 Hz is where the "hand of god" magic lives in movies. Also for music, I've always thought that was the difference between exceptional 5.1 music mixes and ones that are only OK. I'm going to attempt to BEQ some of my favorite 5.1 music tracks to see if there's any additional magic to be unlocked. Also, interested to see what their PvA charts look like before BEQ.

BTW, that sine wave in the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow probably goes right past your 17Hz hole. It starts at 30 Hz and goes down to 10 Hz in 5 Hz increments per below PvA from the "ultimate bass" thread.

Enjoy that new found ULF.....I haven't watched so many movies in such a short amount of time in many, many years. And, I stay awake during them now also.....lol. It's amazing how you're part of the movie now with your body right there in the action! Sleepiness isn't part of the movie experience anymore....quite the opposite!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VQCRl7z.png
Views:	117
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	2527566  
Nalleh and IAH like this.
trhought is offline  
post #4852 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: North America
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
@aron7awol , @DesertDog , @PioManiac : Loading Tron xml file into BEQDesigner shows that there are 2 filters applied (see image below). But when I see the info on Tron using first post here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post56887654, it shows that there are 3 filters. 1 filter seems to be missing (the one at 45Hz). Am I right?

Please try with the latest Beta. There was an issue with peak value filters not being loaded with earlier versions.
https://github.com/3ll3d00d/beqdesig...g/0.6.0-beta.3
3ll3d00d likes this.

what-i-d-do-differently-next-timehttps://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post55641388
Epson Projector Power Supply Failure.https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-dig...lure-rate.html
avtvhdbass is offline  
post #4853 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
DesertDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Did exactly you explained above. It downloads all the files to Users/d/.beq folder. Checked the dateTime stamp and it says 02/18 so that confirms that the files were downloaded today. Loaded Tron file and still missing 45Hz filter.
You have the latest version of BEQDesigner too, right? There was a bug that was fixed the beginning of January that could have caused this. I'm not sure what's going on right now if you are. The file you linked has the 45hz PK filter in it. I'm running to the vet right now with my dog. I'll try loading it up again in BEQd when I get back. Earlier today it showed up correctly though with the latest source on it.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
DesertDog is online now  
post #4854 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post
harrisu.....yeah....BEQ is the real deal. Below 20 Hz is where the "hand of god" magic lives in movies. Also for music, I've always thought that was the difference between exceptional 5.1 music mixes and ones that are only OK. I'm going to attempt to BEQ some of my favorite 5.1 music tracks to see if there's any additional magic to be unlocked. Also, interested to see what their PvA charts look like before BEQ.

....
Thx for the info. You have 5.1 Music? Where do you get it from? I always like when I hear the music sound track in movies because they are 5.1 or 7.1.
harrisu is offline  
post #4855 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Member
 
ArchBishopFocwod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
BEQs in progress:

Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut
The Golden Compass
U-571
Getaway

Should get them all done by tonight...
Are you BEQing and older version of Waterworld? Because it says in the bluray review "Perhaps due to the remastering Arrow mentions NBC Universal did to the audio on this release, I actually enjoyed the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 tracks on all three versions even more than I did on the old Universal release."
ArchBishopFocwod is online now  
post #4856 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchBishopFocwod View Post
Are you BEQing and older version of Waterworld? Because it says in the bluray review "Perhaps due to the remastering Arrow mentions NBC Universal did to the audio on this release, I actually enjoyed the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 tracks on all three versions even more than I did on the old Universal release."
It's the new Arrow release. I thought I read that it's not a new audio mix, but in any case, it will be the newest.
biga6761 and ArchBishopFocwod like this.

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
aron7awol is online now  
post #4857 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
BassEQ Waterworld (1995) DTS:X




The Ulysses Cut DTS-HD MA 5.1:
Spoiler!

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4

Last edited by aron7awol; 07-13-2019 at 05:35 AM.
aron7awol is online now  
post #4858 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
BassEQ U-571 (2000) DTS-HD MA 5.1




Depth charges scene looks like a good BEQ demo clip!

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
aron7awol is online now  
post #4859 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,834
Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2388 Post(s)
Liked: 10230
BassEQ The Golden Compass (2007) DTS-HD MA 7.1



Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
aron7awol is online now  
post #4860 of 8218 Old 02-18-2019, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3ll3d00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,818
Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 2385
@richardsim7 requested moar lines -> https://github.com/3ll3d00d/beqdesigner/issues/215

I find this a bit busy but I've seen a few people be like "but speclab has moar lines" so I thought I'd flag it up to solicit feedback, feel free to vote one way or another on the issue (you can +1 or -1 it) or comment if you have some other variation to request

Here's a pic to illustrate. Note that I could reduce the alpha of the gridlines (i.e. make them more opaque which equates to making them a bit dimmer so they recede visually) as another variation.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190218_233656.png
Views:	129
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	2527644  
3ll3d00d is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off