Bass EQ for Filtered Movies - Page 321 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25433Likes

post #9601 of 10480 Old 09-15-2019, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
0.9.1-beta.1 adds support for multiple BEQ repos

the version you're using doesn't affect the charts though
Oh my god, I think I got it working.

The "Average/Peak" combo box down at the bottom right. It was set to All. As soon as I set it to just Peak and Average, it doesn't crash anymore, and shows the signal!

I'll see now if I can figure out the reports, and I'll write up a documentation page for how to.
SBuger and galonzo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9602 of 10480 Old 09-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Hey guys!
1. Any of you guys running mac that have had problems getting the BEQdesigner app to launch? If so, did you get it worked out and/or recommendations? I really don't want to use my PC for the BEQ library and would MUCH prefer using my little thin Macbook pro that I can keep with me at the MLP for reasons I mentioned up above. Plus I like to keep my PC turned off most of the time as it just generates heat and is a bit noisy.
I'll read through the rest of this later, I'm not home right now and that's a lot that just came in on my email. But to address BEQd on the mac. It should be working. I'm using it on multiple machines, both from source and from the latest posted build. What you might be running into is that the app is not signed. It should be giving you a dialog though saying it isn't. Try launching it, wait for it to auto-close out. Then open system preferences, go to Security & Privacy's General tab. In the bottom part where it says "Allow Apps download from" does it give an option to open BEQd even though it's not signed? If so click on it and I believe it prompts you for your password. After that BEQd should open from the finder. If it doesn't, PM me and we'll try something else.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #9603 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 2482 Post(s)
Liked: 2701
Quote:

Most don't need too much doubling up on the LS's on a slot and is pretty easy to do. Some can get pretty crazy though like Atomic Blond with all the LS's and PEQs

Would this be fairly easy for you to do with some IF/THEN statements (or whatever you use with your code) to double up (or even triple if need be) for LSs if available slots run out?
No plans to do this, would be better for the repo to have a blessed set of filters for the device. I am not at all keen on automatically creating something that, due to precision errors, is unsafe for the user to use. It is also not necessarily the case that you want to combine LS anyway, often simply using a different set of filters can yield a v similar response but in 6 or less.

Quote:

2nd, would it be possible to have the other input slots besides 1 & 2 not have the BEQ filters loaded onto them, or at least one of the remaining 6 inputs? Right now, all 8 get the BEQs filters loaded into them.
What do you want to happen exactly? Pls write this down in a new issue on GitHub.

Quote:

3rd, under 'merge mindsp xml' and save within BEQdesigner, for 'files processed' it stops short when the 10x10HD is selected. I think it showed to load only about 989 out of 1192 or something like that. It goes full 1192 out of 1192 when the 2x4HD is selected. Also, for each BEQ it loads for the library in the 'Merge Minidsp Config' window, it says at the end of each file "BEQ has too many filters for device (reduce whatever number of biquads). I can see how this would be true for some of them, but not all of them.

Then when I actually load one of those BEQs from that library within the mini for a movie, the ones that don't take over 6 slots seem to load just fine, but the ones that require more slots, they don't load ANY filters at all, except for the House Curve/Sub EQ settings on the output side (which seems to work flawlessly!! )
Expected behaviour, if it doesn't convert the file then the count is not incremented so you can see how many failed (where failed means in this case "filters are not compatible with selected hardware")

Quote:

3. So last thing here, and has to do with BEQdesigner and creating a BEQ from an MKV. I know this is user error and I'm probably missing an step somewhere, but after clicking 'add' I can't seem to get the signal (after MKV is extracted to mono and decimated for post BM BEQ) to load into the main screen after naming it and selecting OK in the load signal window. The PVA shows up in this window, but after naming and clicking OK, it closes but doesn't open the PVA graph in the main window (like I believe it should if I've I'm understanding this right).

Try changing the drop-down in the bottom right to peak & average
SBuger, MOberhardt and galonzo like this.

Last edited by 3ll3d00d; 09-16-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9604 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 739
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post58311840
@SBuger I did Alita here mate

Oh and Pacific Rim was a bit of a weird one, need to revisit that one..

LG OLED65B8 ~ HTPC ~ Oppo BDP-93 ~ PS3 ~ PS4 ~ Toshiba HD-XE1 ~ Harmony One
Marantz SR7011 ~ M&K LCR 851 & CS35 ~ 2x4HD ~ PSA S1811 x 2
PC - i7 4790k & GTX970
HTPC - i5 4690k & GTX1060

post #9605 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 02:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 312 Post(s)
Quoted: 2564 Post(s)
Liked: 3456
@SBuger .

First time i open a newly installed BEQd on my Mac i get a warning, but just hold Ctrl while opening BEQd, and it should open normally.

The 10x10HD works with everthing i have used it for in BEQd, and when merging it simply leaves the ones with more than 6 filters alone, and i agree with d00d that it should be like that.

I simply convert those BEQ files to biquads manually using BEQd. I just save the BEQ in question to two presets and then start tweaking filters on one of them, and i can directly compare the tweaked to the original. Very fast to do, and gives a pretty much similar result.

I don’t use merge partly for this reason, i just use BEQd, open BEQ filters, and then save as biquads. In Minidsp, go advanced, import biquad, done: watch movie. When done, just press clear, and its back to normal setup. No load time at all, its instant

Biquads is much faster to load, and i change my setup so often, that saving it to use for the merge, would be outdated within a week, LOL.

Yes, it save BEQ filters to all inputs on the 10x10, i believe @DesertDog said it was much easier to do so, and i don’t mind, as i don’t use the other inputs for anything.

Yeah, i’ve told you to try out 3D numerous times already Man, you’re slow, LOL.
SBuger likes this.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #9606 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 04:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
I simply convert those BEQ files to biquads manually using BEQd. I just save the BEQ in question to two presets and then start tweaking filters on one of them, and i can directly compare the tweaked to the original. Very fast to do, and gives a pretty much similar result.
Another way to do this is load the filter into beqd then add more filters but with the opposite gain. I should add an invert filter button to make that easier....
galonzo likes this.
post #9607 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Another way to do this is load the filter into beqd then add more filters but with the opposite gain. I should add an invert filter button to make that easier....
Wouldn't that decrease the totalt amount of LS?

What i do is for example Atomic Blonde has 8 filters, 7 LS filters of 6.4dB. So 7 x 6.4 is 44.8dB total. I can only fit 5 of those LS filters on my 10x10, so i then i divide 44.8 by 5 = 9. so i put in 9dB LS x 5. Save and done

It is not a problem loading a 12 filter biquad BEQ onto a 10x10, it simply ignores the ones above nr6, so if the BEQ file is arranged with the more important LS filters first, it will load just fine, only it will be reduced. But still better than nothing
so to get the full BEQ content, you need to use fewer, bigger filters.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #9608 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wouldn't that decrease the total amount of LS?
No, possibly I was unclear... Invert the filter then add filters til you get back to a flat line, now remove the original filters and you are left with your new set of filters.

To my mind the solution here, if there is to be one, would be automatically producing candidate filters for review before they are added to the repo. Merge operation then knows how to pick the hardware specific filter set if required.
post #9609 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, possibly I was unclear... Invert the filter then add filters til you get back to a flat line, now remove the original filters and you are left with your new set of filters.

To my mind the solution here, if there is to be one, would be automatically producing candidate filters for review before they are added to the repo. Merge operation then knows how to pick the hardware specific filter set if required.
Ok, that made more sense

Well, i have done this procedure a number of times now, and as long as the converting isn’t massive, say from 8 to 3 LS filters, the new BEQ file is withing 1dB of the original, so using fewer, bigger filters, seems pretty straight forward. Like i said, within reason.
SBuger likes this.

Nalleh’s HT
post #9610 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Wanted to say I'm new to BEQ and have been manually entering filters to try out few movies and I love it!

Now to try to make it quicker for demo purposes I did download GitHub and notice when I use it only it will erase everything and change the output/input settings and all my delays back to 0. I'm assuming this is best for those that do all delays in avr and not in minidsp. In my case I'm using only 1 input with 3 outputs on the same input on minidsp2x4hd and with delays/crossover set on outputs I would need to use Beq Designer to avoid any changes made to minidsp settings when merging the github files correct?

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #9611 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
would need to use Beq Designer to avoid any changes made to minidsp settings when merging the github files correct?
Yes
galonzo and ereed like this.
post #9612 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 360 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
Liked: 4025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I'll read through the rest of this later, I'm not home right now and that's a lot that just came in on my email. But to address BEQd on the mac. It should be working. I'm using it on multiple machines, both from source and from the latest posted build. What you might be running into is that the app is not signed. It should be giving you a dialog though saying it isn't. Try launching it, wait for it to auto-close out. Then open system preferences, go to Security & Privacy's General tab. In the bottom part where it says "Allow Apps download from" does it give an option to open BEQd even though it's not signed? If so click on it and I believe it prompts you for your password. After that BEQd should open from the finder. If it doesn't, PM me and we'll try something else.
Thanks for the help! Nah it didn’t give an option to open in that section, even though not signed. When I first started trying to open it though, I did get a pop message that said something like “Unknown developer, do you want to open anyway?” Replied yes but still does the same thing by not opening. Will send you PM about it later tonight when I get a chance.

Quote:
No plans to do this, would be better for the repo to have a blessed set of filters for the device. I am not at all keen on automatically creating something that, due to precision errors, is unsafe for the user to use. It is also not necessarily the case that you want to combine LS anyway, often simply using a different set of filters can yield a v similar response but in 6 or less.
Ok that’s fine. And also, I was trying to say the same thing about using only 5-6 slots for the LSs opposed to more slots to accomplish nearly the same thing, in the fashion Nalleh described ip above in his post, I just didn’t describe it very well and said, “doubling up”. I think we are all talking about the same way here.

Quote:
What do you want to happen exactly? Pls write this down in a new issue on GitHub.
Ok, I can do that. Yeah, I just need 1 input slot (besides the 2) out of the 8 to not have the BEQ filterers applied if not too much trouble. Like Nalleh said in his post below though, DesertDog said it was easier to do like it is now and I figured as much. No worries, I don’t want to be a pain in the butt and the way I’m doing now and have been doing is working just fine.

Quote:
Expected behaviour, if it doesn't convert the file then the count is not incremented so you can see how many failed (where failed means in this case "filters are not compatible with selected hardware")
Ah, gotcha!

Quote:
Cool will do that, thanks for the help!

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB 4K | Eyes 6.5' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox One X | Apple TV 4K | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' w/ 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD

Last edited by SBuger; 09-16-2019 at 11:21 AM.
post #9613 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@SBuger .

First time i open a newly installed BEQd on my Mac i get a warning, but just hold Ctrl while opening BEQd, and it should open normally.

The 10x10HD works with everthing i have used it for in BEQd, and when merging it simply leaves the ones with more than 6 filters alone, and i agree with d00d that it should be like that.

I don’t use merge partly for this reason, i just use BEQd, open BEQ filters, and then save as biquads. In Minidsp, go advanced, import biquad, done: watch movie. When done, just press clear, and its back to normal setup. No load time at all, its instant

Biquads is much faster to load, and i change my setup so often, that saving it to use for the merge, would be outdated within a week, LOL.

Yes, it save BEQ filters to all inputs on the 10x10, i believe @DesertDog said it was much easier to do so, and i don’t mind, as i don’t use the other inputs for anything.
Cool, makes sense and sounds like it works great by saving as biquads for the ones that have too many filter slots! Thanks for the tips on all!!

Quote:
Yeah, i’ve told you to try out 3D numerous times already Man, you’re slow, LOL.
LOL …and yeah I’m slow trying the 3D, but was intentional as crazy as that may sound, as I’ve just been basking in the glory of UHD and HDR awesomeness, knowing that I still had 3D to look forward to and check out at some point. I’m weird like that sometimes! Well, the time is finally here though hahahha, and it didn’t disappoint in the slightest the other day Like I think I mentioned the in your thread a while back, I’m just trying to spread out the pleasure to the max with this new PJ and enjoy each phase , as its likely my last major upgrade for a while.
Nalleh likes this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB 4K | Eyes 6.5' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox One X | Apple TV 4K | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' w/ 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #9614 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulst View Post
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post58311840
@SBuger I did Alita here mate

Oh and Pacific Rim was a bit of a weird one, need to revisit that one..
Thanks for the link, much appreciated and nice work!!
paulst likes this.

post #9615 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 1374 Post(s)
Liked: 1782
Lightbulb Update Request, Now You See Me 1 & 2 Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
BEQ Now You See Me 2 (2016) Atmos

LS 17Hz Q1.1 3.5dB x 3 (10.5dB total)
LS 10Hz Q1.1 4dB

Spoiler!
Looking to purge some of my "older" UHD disks, I don't recall spinning this one (and would really appreciate a re-do for when I do )

I do vividly remember a subtle Atmos moment from the 1st one, when they're talking under a bridge you can hear the traffic from above (I suppose this one could also use an update, then perhaps that scene may be a keeper for demo material ).
post #9616 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1912
Quote:
@SBuger .

From a programming stance it's not that hard to only write to the first X instead of all. It was simpler from a user stance to get up and going since some users might want all while others don't. We could add a preference for this. It might be better for the Browser app though and let BEQd just plow through everything.

I just had an idea on the 10x10 merging with > 6, I haven't fully thought this through so it's a little bit of an RFC. What we could maybe do is if one of you reworked the BEQ down to 6 filters, I could embed that set for the 10x10 into the metadata. Then when doing a merge load the 10x10 set of filters instead of the normal ones. This doesn't completely solve the problem but it'll make reuse a bit easier for house file changes. Plus then only one of you needs to do the rework. That is assuming you guys trust each other with it.

Tagging @3ll3d00d to make sure he sees it incase I'm thinking crazy thoughts.
SBuger, galonzo, 3ll3d00d and 1 others like this.

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #9617 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I just had an idea on the 10x10 merging with > 6, I haven't fully thought this through so it's a little bit of an RFC. What we could maybe do is if one of you reworked the BEQ down to 6 filters, I could embed that set for the 10x10 into the metadata. Then when doing a merge load the 10x10 set of filters instead of the normal ones. This doesn't completely solve the problem but it'll make reuse a bit easier for house file changes. Plus then only one of you needs to do the rework. That is assuming you guys trust each other with it.

Tagging @3ll3d00d to make sure he sees it incase I'm thinking crazy thoughts.
I think you are saying the same thing here

Nalleh’s HT
post #9618 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Quoted: 2799 Post(s)
Liked: 11948
BassEQ Child's Play (2019) DTS-HD MA 5.1

femi and paulst like this.

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
post #9619 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought about this earlier and was thinking of the doing the following

- add a filter compare screen so you can directly compare 2 filters (not possible atm)
- add a filter optimiser that attempts to reduce the input filter set to the target no of biquads (initial impl just does what @Nalleh does to unstack LS filters subject to something other parameters like max gain and/or min freq)
- report the difference between the two filters
- scan the existing filter set to see how many are amenable to unstacking
- let it automatically do this and report on the delta per file

someone could then use this to change (some percentage of) the existing filters to fit in 6 biquads safely & it could be used to help minimise the number that don't fit in future

further strategies to optimise could be added as they are thought of
DesertDog, SBuger, galonzo and 1 others like this.
post #9620 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

BassEQ Colombiana (2011) Unrated DTS-HD MA 5.1

Tom C, galonzo, paulst and 2 others like this.

Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Custom Tapered Ported Volt-6 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos

Last edited by aron7awol; 09-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.
post #9621 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Cool will do that, thanks for the help!
Worked like a charm changing these settings in BEQd!! Thank you!!

WOW!!!!!!! d00d your program is the freaking BOMB for adding filters to these PVAs for BEQ!!!!! I really shouldn't be messing with it much today and need to wait until later, but couldn't help myself to check to see if changing that setting would do the trick to get the graph to show in the main window. Now I'm just wanting to play play play with BEQd

Seriously 3, this software you wrote is incredible!!!!! I've seen the guys that use it for creating these BEQs say numerous times how great it is and I never doubted it for one moment (especially with all the AWESOME BEQ's that they've created with it), but it really hits home when you start using it yourself just how amazing it really is. I haven't even got to checking out the heat maps and stuff yet either. This could get addicting LOL No way would I ever try to start producing a bunch of them, as the master Aron and others are so damn good at it and knock them out like it's nothing (and I'm truly grateful for that), but will still be fun messing with some of them if they haven't been done yet for personal use. I can see myself having too much fun with this thing!!! LOL

post #9622 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

some quick stats show that all filters in the repo (that use >6 biquads) have stacked LS (surprise!) and 160 of the 202 have 7 or 8 biquads, i.e. not much to unstack. It seems reasonable to think those can be optimised safely automatically leaving just a few to take a bit of a closer look at.
post #9623 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Heck yeah! Followed @PioManiac instructions on first page. Got it done in few minutes. This is awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (220).png
Views:	15
Size:	522.4 KB
ID:	2616442  
DesertDog, SBuger and galonzo like this.

Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels
post #9624 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:27 PM
Oh ya I'm a Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Could i graciously request The Island please? The one with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson @aron7awol
Thanks again
SBuger and aron7awol like this.

klaatu barada nik*cough*
Denon AVR-X4300H/Turd Sony- 7.4.4
Polk Rti A9 LCR, Volt6 Surrounds and Heights
Inuke 3000,6000- 2x HO18 sealed, 2x Ultimax18 sealed, MiniDSP HD
PT ae8000 Projector, Sony UBP-X800, Harmony Elite, Falcon 110 2:35.1 Screen
post #9625 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
some quick stats show that all filters in the repo (that use >6 biquads) have stacked LS (surprise!) and 160 of the 202 have 7 or 8 biquads, i.e. not much to unstack. It seems reasonable to think those can be optimised safely automatically leaving just a few to take a bit of a closer look at.
Sounds awsome. And IMO if there is a overshoot comp PEQ(at least the ones under 1dB), it could be deleted without affecting the result too much, saving one more spot for LS filters.
SBuger and 3ll3d00d like this.

Nalleh’s HT
post #9626 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 567
OK, please bear with me. I've got the new version working and figure it out I think.

I've written up a blog post with instructions, which I'd appreciate review / feedback on (and I'll adjust and put in my sig). Of if you want to put it in the official BEQDesigner instructions, that is fine with me. i'm just trying to be useful here.

Here is the guide: Generating AVS Forum Reports and Posts

I'm just going through mine alphabetically again, so 12 Rounds is first up...

BassEQ 12 Rounds (2009) Extreme Cut DTS-HD MA 5.1

post #9627 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 90
This thread is very exciting, especially seeing graphs comparing before and after BEQ. I can't believe how many action movies start rolling off around 30 Hz (looking at you Marvel).

Is there a location/repository with signal or FRD files of the peak and average for the movies on this list? While the designers of the filters on here have done excellent work, I don't have a mini DSP and probably will not be able to get one for awhile. I also don't have a way to read UHD Blu-Rays on my laptop, so I cannot extract the audio for analysis on my own. However, I would love to use the BEQ Designer software to create filters I can apply to my Behringer iNuke powering my 15" sealed sub.

Do these files exist somewhere, or are there only the exported biquads available?
post #9628 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Good job @MOberhardt , now we’re talking
mikela, SBuger, MOberhardt and 2 others like this.

Nalleh’s HT
post #9629 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sounds awsome. And IMO if there is a overshoot comp PEQ(at least the ones under 1dB), it could be deleted without affecting the result too much, saving one more spot for LS filters.
only 5 of the filters using >6 biquads have a compensation filter (defined by me as having a gain of between 0 and -2 dB)
DesertDog, SBuger and Nalleh like this.
post #9630 of 10480 Old 09-16-2019, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Updated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
BassEQ Now You See Me 2 (2016) Atmos

mikela, SBuger, galonzo and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page