Bass EQ for Filtered Movies - Page 379 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28635Likes

post #11341 of 11898 Old 12-07-2019, 11:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
Liked: 4049
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
I'm fairly young so I shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon! I hope!

And things should continue to get better and better for us! I'm confident we'll eventually get a piece of hardware that can apply filters and automate the loading of a BEQ, and we won't stop pushing for that! But in the meantime, I think we're cruising right along and thanks to everyone's hard work our current workflow is pretty damn streamlined and awesome!

No doubt about this at all! Y’all are the bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
galonzo, lawdogx and d-rail34 like this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11898 Old 12-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
BassEQ Ad Astra (2019) Atmos

Damn beastly looking track there. Thanks!

TCL 65R615/Denon X4400H/EMOTIVA A-300/CHANE 2.4A LRC/HSU HB1-MK2 Surrounds/CHANE 1.4 Rear Surrounds/4x RSL C34E Atmos/2x SVS PB 16 Ultras/GIK Accoustics 8 244s 4 tri traps/2x Crowson MAs/MiniDSP 2x4HD
post #11343 of 11898 Old 12-08-2019, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 382 Post(s)
Quoted: 2812 Post(s)
Liked: 3876
Couple of christmas requests:

Grinch (Jim Carrey)
Arthur Christmas
Rise of the Guardians

SBuger likes this.

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE Dual TR Sleds- 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - Vertex2 - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11344 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Quoted: 1406 Post(s)
Liked: 4749
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Hey Shelby,

Speaking of Atmos...

I thought about posting this in the Atmos thread, but I thought I might get in trouble.

Last weekend I watched Avatar with the family off of Disney +. I swear the surround effects were almost as good as any of the best Atmos movies I have ever seen and Avatar is only 5.1 (I used the DTS upmixer). I felt completely surrounded the whole movie with plenty of sounds seeming to come from directly behind me which doesn't happen very often even in the best Atmos mixes.

It could be that it's been a while since I've watched a good Atmos movie so the "newness" of being surrounded caught me off guard since I haven't been used to it lately?

I don't know, but I remember thinking during the movie that good old 5.1 with an upmixer is extremely underrated when it's a great mix.

Sorry for the off topic guys, just curious if anyone else has experienced this and I didn't want to stir up a hornets nest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I was using Neural X. You guys should try and let me know if your impressions are similar to mine.
Ok, watched it tonight, and you are absolutely right!! The 5.1 upmixes extremely well. I felt the same way about it as you …completely surrounded the whole movie. Sound coming from everywhere with lots form in back and above in lots of places. Way cool and so very immersive!! Pretty crazy that the up-mixer can be this good huh!!!?? I used Nueral:X as well. I tried DSU but preferred N:X.

Also, I thought the ULF was INSANE!!! Lots of it felt pretty hardcore single digit too. In fact, on some parts I had to back off the LS’s a bit as it felt a bit too hot on overall ULF and lower LF (I know, blasphemy right!!?? LOL). Insanely cool though too have this kind of ULF to go with this movie an gives a totally different and way better experience!!! I think the BEQ is for the extended edition and I watched the 3D which is not. Don’t know that there is much difference in the bass track, but possibly, I guess? I think I had my sub trims set a couple db hotter than normal too, so that could have been part of it.

Speaking of 3D, I started the movie in 2D, but then switched to 3D not too far into it. HUGE diff in emersion!!!! IMO, the only way to watch this movie is in 3D. The diff was like the difference in watching with and without BEQ LOL.

The 3D in this movie is just OFF THE CHARTS AMAZING for all the stuff in the Navi world!!!!! Still the very best I’ve seen yet I think. The forest, foliage, the lights and just everything in that world is just freaking insanely good. Hahahha, I knew it was great, but I think I had kind of forgotten just how great!!!!

There are so many wicked cool scenes that I’d like to comment on but will just mention one that I remember being super cool for everything. Beginning of chapter 18 (I think this was the chapter) where the giant red (whatever they are called that they ride) is trying to get them in the air is just sooooooo cool for ULF, Surround and 3D. I watched that part about 5 times in a row LOL. So VERY, VERY, VERY realistic!!!! The ULF and LF seemed perfect here too and wasn’t until later that I had to back it off a bit.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #11345 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2771 Post(s)
Liked: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Speaking of 3D, I started the movie in 2D, but then switched to 3D not too far into it. HUGE diff in emersion!!!! IMO, the only way to watch this movie is in 3D. The diff was like the difference in watching with and without BEQ LOL.
Someone mentioned similar experience in surround sound with Resident Evil: Retribution, so I started the movie but with 3D version instead. The 3D experience was quite super on this film also. I only had about 15 minutes into the movie but had to stop due to weekend activities with kids, family and houseworks.
SBuger and SuperFist like this.
post #11346 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 2386
Quote:
Ok, watched it tonight, and you are absolutely right!! The 5.1 upmixes extremely well. I felt the same way about it as you …completely surrounded the whole movie. Sound coming from everywhere with lots form in back and above in lots of places. Way cool and so very immersive!! Pretty crazy that the up-mixer can be this good huh!!!?? I used Nueral:X as well. I tried DSU but preferred N:X.

Also, I thought the ULF was INSANE!!! Lots of it felt pretty hardcore single digit too. In fact, on some parts I had to back off the LS’s a bit as it felt a bit too hot on overall ULF and lower LF (I know, blasphemy right!!?? LOL). Insanely cool though too have this kind of ULF to go with this movie an gives a totally different and way better experience!!! I think the BEQ is for the extended edition and I watched the 3D which is not. Don’t know that there is much difference in the bass track, but possibly, I guess? I think I had my sub trims set a couple db hotter than normal too, so that could have been part of it.

The 3D in this movie is just OFF THE CHARTS AMAZING for all the stuff in the Navi world!!!!! Still the very best I’ve seen yet I think. The forest, foliage, the lights and just everything in that world is just freaking insanely good. Hahahha, I knew it was great, but I think I had kind of forgotten just how great!!!!

There are so many wicked cool scenes that I’d like to comment on but will just mention one that I remember being super cool for everything. Beginning of chapter 18 (I think this was the chapter) where the giant red (whatever they are called that they ride) is trying to get them in the air is just sooooooo cool for ULF, Surround and 3D. I watched that part about 5 times in a row LOL. So VERY, VERY, VERY realistic!!!! The ULF and LF seemed perfect here too and wasn’t until later that I had to back it off a bit.
Do you have Auro3D to try it's up mixer out compared to Nueral:X? Tim swears by it and I've been playing a little with it. I need to find a good title and do A/B testing though.
SBuger likes this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #11347 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Someone mentioned similar experience in surround sound with Resident Evil: Retribution, so I started the movie but with 3D version instead. The 3D experience was quite super on this film also. I only had about 15 minutes into the movie but had to stop due to weekend activities with kids, family and houseworks.
^^^ Oh hell, now I’m gonna have to pick up this one too in 3D. Looks like it’s only $9 on Amazon but wifey is still gonna kill me after what I did on Black Friday with all the 4K’s!! You guys are terrible ,,,,errr I mean great influences!!! Hahahahaha. I’m gonna blame it on you guys when she gets mad

I unwrapped and laid out most of my 4K’s the other day from BF just to see what all I got. I lot of them I’ve already seen before, but not in 4K on the new PJ. Plus, I picked up the F&F 8 disc collection in 4K as well as Potter 4K 8 Disc collection. Got the HP collection for $74 and glad I snagged it, because it went right back up to ~ $113 shortly after on that same day I believe. I’ve already seen the potter series not too long ago with the DTS:X soundtracks (was so awesome!!!) but not with 4K video (was 1080p remux’s with DTS:X that a friend let me borrow when I still had my older PJ running). I wanted to own all these for sure and will watch again!!! But I couldn’t put the F&F collection or the Potters in the pic, because the wife insisted that at least a couple of all those be put under the tree for Christmas LOL. I do like buying my own presents for Christmas Now if I can just get a few more BK LFEs to go under the tree as well, all will be GOOD hehehehhe

Some of the 4K’s movies (oh & one game COD: Modern Warfare) I picked up from Black Friday …

Gotta lot of great watching ahead
galonzo, SuperFist, Nalleh and 2 others like this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #11348 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Do you have Auro3D to try it's up mixer out compared to Nueral:X? Tim swears by it and I've been playing a little with it. I need to find a good title and do A/B testing though.
I haven’t tried it yet, as I don’t think it’s in the list of options for me to select other than Nueral:X and DSU. I think it may be because I have the 4 ceiling speakers setup as Top Front and Top Rear, so it won’t let me chose Auro3D. They need to be setup as Front Height sand Rear Heights to get Auro3D right?? I guess I could do this easy enough to mess with it and check it out, as I use the Audy app and is easy save to load different calibrations.

@Nalleh – I’m sure you’ve tried Auro3D right!!??
DesertDog likes this.

post #11349 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Also, watched the new series “Truth be Told” on Apple+ the other night (first 3) and was pretty awesome!! Highly recommended if you guys like these sort of shows. Plus, it’s got Pinkman from Breaking Bad and El Camino in it and he does a heck of a job so far I thought!! Me and the wife loved it and looking forward for more of it!! I didn’t want to bug Aron for a BEQ for it because he’s on a Sunny Beach right now , but when you get a chance @aron7awol can you do a BEQ for this one, as well as one called Servant on Apple+? This one looks kinda freaky but may be pretty good.
paulst and aron7awol like this.

post #11350 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I haven’t tried it yet, as I don’t think it’s in the list of options for me to select other than Nueral:X and DSU. I think it may be because I have the 4 ceiling speakers setup as Top Front and Top Rear, so it won’t let me chose Auro3D. They need to be setup as Front Height sand Rear Heights to get Auro3D right?? I guess I could do this easy enough to mess with it and check it out, as I use the Audy app and is easy save to load different calibrations.
Yikes, you might not have it. It looks like it's a $200 upgrade for your AVR. https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hom.../auro3dupgrade

You might want to try reconfiguring for FH and RH anyway since you're using Nueral:X. It prefers them over TF and TR. The impression that I have from the 8500 thread is that Dolby handles using heights over tops slightly better than DTS handles tops over height but the difference is not really noticeable. I know how you like to tinker though.
SBuger likes this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #11351 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ Ah man, darn it, figures!! I thought I had it without having to do the upgrade, but I guess not then.

Thanks for the heads up on the reconfiguring to FH and RH as well for Nueral:X. I may just have to try it, as well as getting the Auro3D, at least at some point. Yes I do like to tinker, but trying not to do quite as much of it lately since I’ve got so much cool stuff lined up that needs watching

post #11352 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
^^^ Ah man, darn it, figures!! I thought I had it without having to do the upgrade, but I guess not then.

Thanks for the heads up on the reconfiguring to FH and RH as well for Nueral:X. I may just have to try it, as well as getting the Auro3D, at least at some point. Yes I do like to tinker, but trying not to do quite as much of it lately since I’ve got so much cool stuff lined up that needs watching
Honestly, I wouldn't spend the money on the upgrade just for the upscaler. If we had more titles coming out in it than it might worth it but I don't see the upscaler being $200 better than N:X or DSU. I'd put the money to the new AVR savings instead and wait on it. Then you can get the new Denon with integrated BEQ support once we convince them to add it.
SBuger, SuperFist and aron7awol like this.

#IHateNalleh
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #11353 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Quote:
Also, watched the new series “Truth be Told” on Apple+
Have you seen Ghostwriter? Sounds a bit like a series of the movie Goosebumps, but the 4.8 rating on IMDB has put me off watching it (until I've run out of stuff to watch)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11004134/
SBuger likes this.

LG OLED65B8 ~ HTPC ~ Oppo BDP-93 ~ PS3 ~ PS4 ~ Toshiba HD-XE1 ~ Harmony One
Marantz SR7011 ~ M&K LCR 851 & CS35 ~ 2x4HD ~ PSA S1811 x 2 ~ Behringer NX3000D & BOSS
PC - i7 4790k & GTX970
HTPC - i5 4690k & GTX1060

post #11354 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulst View Post
Have you seen Ghostwriter? Sounds a bit like a series of the movie Goosebumps, but the 4.8 rating on IMDB has put me off watching it (until I've run out of stuff to watch)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11004134/
Nope not yet but did see it up there and thought it may be a good watch. I know we all have different preferences a lot of times and shows can be so subjective, but I’m really starting to not want to read any reviews at all on ANY shows, then just watch them and make up my own mind without any (pre-thoughts from some reviewer) whether it’s great, good, or just trash LOL. I’ve seen a lot of reviews on movies and series lately that seem to get judged pretty darn harshly. Then I watch them and disagree pretty strongly LOL. Not on all, but a lot of them. Maybe I’m just not as harsh and don’t expect as much?? Or just easily entertained maybe Hahaha.

Although, I didn’t like JW 3 first time around. Maybe because I hated Halle Berry’s acting in this one and it just turned me off right away, making me basically done from there. BUT, I’ve watched it since then and the movie was pretty darn enjoyable (besides her, I still hated her in this movie, but she's fine in others lol)), even though ya gotta take it for what it is. Plus, the bass and TR is pretty insane!! Killer PQ and sound too!! I’m glad @tvuong asked my opinion over in the TR thread on the difference of the two shootouts form JW2 vs JW3, because I may have never watched that awesome ending battle (that includes the 2 shots fired upwards) if he hadn’t. Different day and mindset I guess the second time around LOL Fun stuff!!!
SuperFist and paulst like this.

post #11355 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 6710 Post(s)
Liked: 6264
I watched Don't Let Go (2019) last week and it had some crazy bass moments. I can't seem to find a graph though.....
post #11356 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I watched that part that seemed maybe just a bit too hot last night on Avatar today with my subs trims were they usually are and need to be and felt just about right. Will be interesting to see a heatmap on this one. Still felt like there was some serious single digit TR in a lot of areas. I can usually tell pretty easy because it’s usually a big wide wobble with a good amount of Y axis involved. Singles are so cool!!!!
Nalleh likes this.

post #11357 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I'm fairly young so I shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon! I hope!

And things should continue to get better and better for us! I'm confident we'll eventually get a piece of hardware that can apply filters and automate the loading of a BEQ, and we won't stop pushing for that! But in the meantime, I think we're cruising right along and thanks to everyone's hard work our current workflow is pretty damn streamlined and awesome!
Is there someone actively developing or experimenting with this? This could really be the next step where we wouldn't need to put in the manual work into movies and BEQ could live forever.
post #11358 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 472 Post(s)
Quoted: 3042 Post(s)
Liked: 12962
Quote:
Originally Posted by greganka View Post
Is there someone actively developing or experimenting with this? This could really be the next step where we wouldn't need to put in the manual work into movies and BEQ could live forever.
Yes, but we're in the very early stages of trying to find a hardware supplier that will dedicate some dev time to our cause. We have a potential lead toward someone who may be willing, but it's very early in the process and I don't want to say anything that could potentially jeopardize it. But we can all be hopeful!

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Fusion-8 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
post #11359 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just want to let everyone know I'll be back and active on Wednesday. I'll do the Avatar update and Shelby's and Nalleh's requests, and I'll go back through the last few pages to see if I missed anything.
SBuger, galonzo, Nalleh and 1 others like this.

Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Fusion-8 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
post #11360 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Quote:

So I actually recently did exactly this when doing a new calibration using the app, switching from tops to heights so I could try Auro3D. My initial testing doesn't have me using it over DSU or Neural:X. I guess maybe I'd describe it as lifting the entire soundstage up? While DSU seems to move the background sounds to the the heights, and Neural:X seems to try to find discrete effects to move to the heights? That's just my very simple take on what I've experienced so far on each, and I haven't tested Auro3D enough to properly judge it yet.

post #11361 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Yes, but we're in the very early stages of trying to find a hardware supplier that will dedicate some dev time to our cause. We have a potential lead toward someone who may be willing, but it's very early in the process and I don't want to say anything that could potentially jeopardize it. But we can all be hopeful!
That's good news. Hopefully it won't end up as expensive as the dedicated MadVR hardware, although I know this is going to be a niche item. Somewhere around an anti mode would be nice
post #11362 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
^^^ Oh hell, now I’m gonna have to pick up this one too in 3D. Looks like it’s only $9 on Amazon but wifey is still gonna kill me after what I did on Black Friday with all the 4K’s!! You guys are terrible ,,,,errr I mean great influences!!! Hahahahaha. I’m gonna blame it on you guys when she gets mad

I unwrapped and laid out most of my 4K’s the other day from BF just to see what all I got. I lot of them I’ve already seen before, but not in 4K on the new PJ. Plus, I picked up the F&F 8 disc collection in 4K as well as Potter 4K 8 Disc collection. Got the HP collection for $74 and glad I snagged it, because it went right back up to ~ $113 shortly after on that same day I believe. I’ve already seen the potter series not too long ago with the DTS:X soundtracks (was so awesome!!!) but not with 4K video (was 1080p remux’s with DTS:X that a friend let me borrow when I still had my older PJ running). I wanted to own all these for sure and will watch again!!! But I couldn’t put the F&F collection or the Potters in the pic, because the wife insisted that at least a couple of all those be put under the tree for Christmas LOL. I do like buying my own presents for Christmas Now if I can just get a few more BK LFEs to go under the tree as well, all will be GOOD hehehehhe

Some of the 4K’s movies (oh & one game COD: Modern Warfare) I picked up from Black Friday …

Gotta lot of great watching ahead
Have you jumped on that COD yet? Are you more of a campaign player or online?

I also see you got X-Men Apocalypse, you're gonna love the detail and resolution in that movie!! It has a better picture than Dark Phoenix but not sure better HDR. I look forward to your thoughts as I think Apocalypse is one of the sharpest movies out, at least in my opinion and collection.
SBuger and galonzo like this.
post #11363 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
So I actually recently did exactly this when doing a new calibration using the app, switching from tops to heights so I could try Auro3D. My initial testing doesn't have me using it over DSU or Neural:X. I guess maybe I'd describe it as lifting the entire soundstage up? While DSU seems to move the background sounds to the the heights, and Neural:X seems to try to find discrete effects to move to the heights? That's just my very simple take on what I've experienced so far on each, and I haven't tested Auro3D enough to properly judge it yet.
I started off using DSU on my Anthem, and moved to Neural X after a while, and haven't gone back. I agree that Neural X seems to find discrete effects to move overhead, and I'm continually amazed at how well it isolates stuff like rain, helicopters, aircraft and moves it overhead. I don't recall getting that on DSU, or at least not as distinct. It has been over a year since I used DSU and I don't really have any inclination to play with it any more, given how more impressed I have been with Neural:X.

I can't do Auro on my Anthem unfortunately.
SBuger and galonzo like this.
post #11364 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
Have you jumped on that COD yet? Are you more of a campaign player or online?

I also see you got X-Men Apocalypse, you're gonna love the detail and resolution in that movie!! It has a better picture than Dark Phoenix but not sure better HDR. I look forward to your thoughts as I think Apocalypse is one of the sharpest movies out, at least in my opinion and collection.
I got these two based on your recommendations not too long ago and very much looking forward to both of them So thanks!!!

I still need to install COD. Nah probably won’t ever play online. I used to be a pretty hardcore gamer on the PC with Quake 2 and 3, but don't really care to play online anymore. Yeah, I’m sure the PQ on Apocalypse is gonna be stunning and part of the reason I picked it up!!!
femi, d-rail34 and GeoJustGeo like this.

post #11365 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Aron, would you be able to update the Transformers BEQs? I noticed they don’t have heat maps and are older. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
galonzo and aron7awol like this.
post #11366 of 11898 Old 12-09-2019, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
Quote:
I got these two based on your recommendations not too long ago and very much looking forward to both of them So thanks!!!

I still need to install COD. Nah probably won’t ever play online. I used to be a pretty hardcore gamer on the PC with Quake 2 and 3, but don't really care to play online anymore. Yeah, I’m sure the PQ on Apocalypse is gonna be stunning and part of the reason I picked it up!!!
Awesome, I too once was a Quaker lol. Quake 1-3 with 2 being my fav. Also did the first GTA and Kingpin. Miss the old gaming days. I don't really play anymore but I got hooked again on this COD online.
SBuger, galonzo, femi and 1 others like this.
post #11367 of 11898 Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:

Ahhh...the good ol days.

For me it was Quake and Unreal Tournament. Man, we had some of the best LAN parties.
SBuger, galonzo, femi and 1 others like this.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
post #11368 of 11898 Old 12-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail34 View Post
Ahhh...the good ol days.

For me it was Quake and Unreal Tournament. Man, we had some of the best LAN parties.
For me it was james bond goldeneye n64...in college.

Femi
tbass2k, SBuger, galonzo and 3 others like this.

(2)JTR Cap 4000's---(6) Enclosures Seal SI HT-18's---Behringer iNUKE 6000DSP--- Behringer iNUKE 3000DSP---Denon AVR-4250CI---(3)JBL 4722n---(5)Behringer Eurolive B215XL---(2)Klipsch SS-1 Surround---JVC RS500---Sony HW50es---VApex Fixed frame 135" 16:9---Sony UBP-X800---Oppo BDP-93---Toshiba HD DVD-XA2---Xbox 360---PS4---HDFURY Linker---Darbee Darblet DVP-5000---miniDSP Balanced 2x4---Harmony 1100 remote
post #11369 of 11898 Old 12-10-2019, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 710 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3578 Post(s)
Liked: 3342
Quote:

Thanks for posting your impressions, I'm glad to know I'm not crazy because wow that was impressive. You are right about the bass too. I had to turn down the bass 6 db's for Avatar and I don't do that for anything. I'm guessing that the Atmos track has to be boosted more than the 5.1 and we were running the Atmos BEQ.

Shoot... makes me wish I had a couple more pairs of 3D glasses. I only have 2 pair. I hate to buy anymore of them though because they would be so rarely used. Maybe I'll ask my kids (by themselves) if they want to watch Avatar again sometime in 3D. They probably would, they really liked the movie.
SBuger likes this.
post #11370 of 11898 Old 12-10-2019, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2771 Post(s)
Liked: 2616
Now I will have to watch Avatar again, this time with BEQ. I don't think my kids have watched it yet, and yeah in 3D of course
carp and SBuger like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page