Subwoofer comparisons and impressions - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2218Likes

post #1051 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Me too! LOL I was just talking to someone on here about doing exactly that, with one up front or somewhere FF as well to augment. I'd be real surprised if a 4K parked right behind with drivers and port about an inch away from your seat back wouldn't nauseate you big time, or at least come close to it with wobble power in between 10-17hz at spirited levels. I know what even just a 15" ported sub tuned to 12hz (FV15HP) or a single 18" sealed sub (with an LS to lift the low end up to at least flat) can do. It can feel pretty serious. Take a beast of a ported sub like the 4K tuned to 10hz with that kind of output in that range with the particle velocity that it would generate being that close to you, and damn ...look out I'm thinking and a ULF TR wobble lovers dream, on suspended floor or not!

I'd LOVE to try it someday! Be sure and let me know if and when you do try it please, I'd love to hear about it
Haha I know I'm not the only one who wants to. I ran a PSA V3600 behind me for a couple years and honestly I don't think I ever ran it to it's limits and it would legit scare the s*** outta me when it hit partly because of the port and accompanying particle velocity. Problem is even with the LP version the 4K would look even worse in my room then the 3600 did and I care about aesthetics enough I wouldn't care for it long-term in my current house.

Now with my 16 12's and an LT, like you said only an inch behind me, it's the same thing but I'm comparing one ported sub to multiple sealed. Prolly shoulda just went dual 24's and called it a wrap but the 12's look more like tables and I couldn't make the 24's depth work in my space. Again though I can't even max out my 12's. I don't think I've even gotten them to half of their max output. Most of the time the drivers never even move. I still have yet to EQ them either. Currently working on that with JRiver and hopefully get it working soon cuz my response is horrible above 30hz. I knew it would be though and that's why I got JRiver just need some time to work on it.
SBuger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 2308 Post(s)
Liked: 2244
Madaeel,
I know it takes more sealed, especially with 15s. I know 8 equal 18s sealed with LT would beat the 4K at tune. 4 sealed 24s with an LT would beat it too. Most run sealed without a LT and rely on room gain alone. The LT adds spl like a port, you just need power and the excursion to do it right.
post #1053 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 315 Post(s)
Quoted: 1146 Post(s)
Liked: 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi Shelby,

I can certainly see why you'd love to try it, because after all, the goal of any good HT system should be to nauseate us big time. That is if some of the movies and TV shows we watch don't already do that.

Regards,
Mike
C'mon everyone loves nausea LOL Haha it's fun to dream of that kind of power for a little while sometimes and would be killer to experience, at least once, but practical, nah probably not, especially for most movie watching. Demo times would be fun times though, and who knows, maybe even for most movie watching as well if one likes it loud and intense all the time, especially with BEQ in town these days, which makes most every movie full band now like TIH. The cool thing about having that kind of TR power or even with lesser subs setup like that though, is that one can still get amazing ULF TR even at real moderate listening levels (on concrete or suspended floor), where nausea most likely won't occur lol That's kind of where I've tried to go with my rig since I'm a TR lover but don't want to kill my ears trying to get it with ultra high SPL.

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room on suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo UDP 203 | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Drop Screen | Epson 5030 PJ | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1054 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaeel View Post
Haha I know I'm not the only one who wants to. I ran a PSA V3600 behind me for a couple years and honestly I don't think I ever ran it to it's limits and it would legit scare the s*** outta me when it hit partly because of the port and accompanying particle velocity. Problem is even with the LP version the 4K would look even worse in my room then the 3600 did and I care about aesthetics enough I wouldn't care for it long-term in my current house.

Now with my 16 12's and an LT, like you said only an inch behind me, it's the same thing but I'm comparing one ported sub to multiple sealed. Prolly shoulda just went dual 24's and called it a wrap but the 12's look more like tables and I couldn't make the 24's depth work in my space. Again though I can't even max out my 12's. I don't think I've even gotten them to half of their max output. Most of the time the drivers never even move. I still have yet to EQ them either. Currently working on that with JRiver and hopefully get it working soon cuz my response is horrible above 30hz. I knew it would be though and that's why I got JRiver just need some time to work on it.
Yup those beasts are huge and probably a big eyesore if you can even fit the thing in behind your seating. Then if you can but have to walk around it to get to other seating or wherever you need to go, not cool. Fun what it would do for a while, but not really practical, at least in most normal/traditional style theater rooms or other. But, that's one of the beauties of a smaller sealed cab with an 18" (and even angled cab like carp's), is it fits pretty easily behind seating and still really brings the goods. Probably nothing like the huge 4K beast would, but still great and can make quite a diff. Or like your 16x12s or Beastaudio's dual 18s in a reasonable sized cab behind his seats that looks real nice, still allowing for the 2nd row to not having to deal with it and look ugly.

1400cuft sealed room on suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo UDP 203 | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Drop Screen | Epson 5030 PJ | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #1055 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Madaeel,
I know it takes more sealed, especially with 15s. I know 8 equal 18s sealed with LT would beat the 4K at tune. 4 sealed 24s with an LT would beat it too. Most run sealed without a LT and rely on room gain alone. The LT adds spl like a port, you just need power and the excursion to do it right.
I know what you're saying but my point wasn't whether they can duplicate a ported subs advantage at tune with enough power and excursion but that they're only capable of so much output at 10hz. The other problem with an LT, as I'm sure you're aware of and why you went with an IB, is they can bring an amp to it's limits much quicker. You need a decent amount of power. With full bandwidth tracks it pretty taxing.

Are the BHT's capable of 108db at 10hz outside? More than likely it's close but the fact remains 8 15's have a limit at the frequency with an LT or not, I'd just reach it much quicker with the LT. I have one on the Raptors and my JBL's so that's not relevant to me, just whether or not I have the power and capability to achieve it is. You know the 4K does because it's ported and tested. Besides a ported sub will also have the particle velocity advantage at tune moving all that sweet sweet air. I love my subs and will always stay sealed I'm just saying there's advantages to the 4K tune of 10hz with only two 18's in a somewhat modest size box for an LLT.

Quote:
Yup those beasts are huge and probably a big eyesore if you can even fit the thing in behind your seating. Then if you can but have to walk around it to get to other seating or wherever you need to go, not cool. Fun what it would do for a while, but not really practical, at least in most normal/traditional style theater rooms or other. But, that's one of the beauties of a smaller sealed cab with an 18" (and even angled cab like carp's), is it fits pretty easily behind seating and still really brings the goods. Probably nothing like the huge 4K beast would, but still great and can make quite a diff. Or like your 16x12s or Beastaudio's dual 18s in a reasonable sized cab behind his seats that looks real nice, still allowing for the 2nd row to not having to deal with it and look ugly.
That's exactly the reason for the JBL's. I don't even have a second row as mine is not a true "HT" and I personally never cared for that look. Also I don't wanna walk in my room and see massive boxes in the middle of the room no matter the layout or look. The 6" depth on the JBL's allow for a nice shallow depth and with almost no rocking unless I run the WWZ grenade scene at ref 10db hot.
post #1056 of 1731 Old 03-07-2019, 09:55 PM

I was just mentioning it since I have tried low tuned LLTs and sealed with LT. I know one sub to match 6-8 sealed is nice but that one sub is much bigger as well. To me it comes down to hiding them as I don’t want to see them anymore, over it, why I built my wall. I once ported my wall with my 8 Si 18s in there. I did that because my LT on my clone kept tripping my 20 amp breaker on a couple scenes. Porting them allowed a single Inuke 6k to get the job done.
SuperFist likes this.
post #1057 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Guys, what's LT. What does it stand for?

Last edited by harrisu; 03-08-2019 at 05:06 AM.
post #1058 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 06:14 AM

Linkwitz transform

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
post #1059 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 390 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5476 Post(s)
Liked: 5281
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Guys, what's LT. What does it stand for?
Already answered, but what an LT does is take the natural rolloff of a sealed sub and boosts it up to however much you dial in to the LT. Very similar to a low shelf filter

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #1060 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Yes bringing up the low end will act like a port except without the drop off below a tune. The problem is requires more power and excursion where the port does not.
post #1061 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Already answered, but what an LT does is take the natural rolloff of a sealed sub and boosts it up to however much you dial in to the LT. Very similar to a low shelf filter
I was gonna ask and since it was brought up, I'm sure you'll know with your vast knowledge of this stuff, is there any advantage to using an LT vs LS? I've only ever used the Low Shelf in the miniDSP to bring up the low end under 30hz on my sealed subs and is very versatile in shaping/lifting where you need it with different Q's to work with plus the amount of gain and hz chosen. Like for mine, an LS at 20hz, Gain of 5-9db with Q of 1 brings me up real nice for a rising House Curve down to 5-7hz. Gain of about 4db on the subs behind the seats and about 2db on the subs farther away to get flat down this low with room gain. Then another 4-5db for the House Curve post Audy, plus maybe even a bit of negative HS at about 45hz while raising sub trim levels a little more for a more aggressive HC if desired. Of course a positive gain LS at 45hz could do about the the same thing as well without raising subs trims or amp gains for the overall HC slope .

post #1062 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 390 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5476 Post(s)
Liked: 5281
Quote:
I was gonna ask and since it was brought up, I'm sure you'll know with your vast knowledge of this stuff, is there any advantage to using an LT vs LS? I've only ever used the Low Shelf in the miniDSP to bring up the low end under 30hz on my sealed subs and is very versatile in shaping/lifting where you need it with different Q's to work with plus the amount of gain and hz chosen. Like for mine, an LS at 20hz, Gain of 5-9db with Q of 1 brings me up real nice for a rising House Curve down to 5-7hz. Gain of about 4db on the subs behind the seats and about 2db on the subs farther away to get flat down this low with room gain. Then another 4-5db for the House Curve post Audy, plus maybe even a bit of negative HS at about 45hz while raising sub trim levels a little more for a more aggressive HC if desired. Of course a positive gain LS at 45hz could do about the the same thing as well without raising subs trims or amp gains for the overall HC slope .
Well, a real LT is done in the analog realm, while a low shelf is a DSP filter, so that's the difference. Often enough people refer to their low shelf filter done electronically as an LT or house curve, but other than the LS being in the digital realm and the LT in the analog, it's a po-tay-toe/po-tah-toe type of situation after all things are considered...
SBuger likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #1063 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ cool, thanks for the explanation!

post #1064 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Linkwitz transform
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I'm assuming you'd use minidsp for that? Its just an EQ applied to low end of sub then. BEQ does that for movies but you/other are doing that on sealed to make it produce high output in low Freq. I think I got the idea.

Update: Just read more posts and its all crystal clear now. Thx guys . I Love this thread We need more comparisons

Last edited by harrisu; 03-08-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #1065 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
^^^ cool, thanks for the explanation!
Is that Tron scene in your Avatar? Looks awesome.
post #1066 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is that Tron scene in your Avatar? Looks awesome.
Thanks harrisu! Yep from Tron right at the end of the light cycle scene. I took a bunch of new pics the other day for room thread update including a few screen shot stills. I love Tron and thought it was one of the better pics, so used it as an Avatar, needed a new one anyway

post #1067 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks harrisu! Yep from Tron right at the end of the light cycle scene. I took a bunch of new pics the other day for room thread update including a few screen shot stills. I love Tron and thought it was one of the better pics, so used it as an Avatar, needed a new one anyway
I Love Tron Movie as well. I can watch it again and again. BTW, the black levels in that avatar look amazing almost like an OLED TV.
post #1068 of 1731 Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I Love Tron Movie as well. I can watch it again and again. BTW, the black levels in that avatar look amazing almost like an OLED TV.

Thanks man! The blacks levels aren't as good as the better TVs or as good as the JVC 4K PJ's like what PioManiac and others have, as mine is still an older 1080p Epson 5030, but I do love the thing, but I do wanna go 4K eventually and upgrade. But I tell ya, having a blacked out room with all the velvet that kills all light reflection made one hell of a difference on the image quality with way better the black levels, color, brightness, pop, etc. Like, big time!! I'm amazed by it quite frequently actually. In fact I haven't really felt the need to upgrade it at all yet, plus I wanted to get Atmos and some other stuff first anyway and definitely makes it easier to hold off a little longer. I do want to move up though eventually and will probably be my next upgrade, whenever that may be. Will be cool to see what a truly capable high end 4k projector can do in a blacked out room one of these days

post #1069 of 1731 Old 03-10-2019, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked: 4753
I apologize for joining this discussion so late as I feel I can contribute. I am cross-posting the following from another thread so I can expand on my thoughts and get the opinions of you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
The whats and whys of the pros I will attempt to address in a later post in the other thread: Subwoofer comparisons and impressions
I'm still not caught up on this thread but I feel like I have a good handle on this topic. I have spoken to Brian Ding of @Rythmik Audio about this specific topic on several occasions. I sat with Brian during the JTR 2400ULF demo at the first Houston GTG. This was his first time ever hearing a JTR sub. I also built the Rasperry Pi vibration sensor (in addition to Vibsensor) to see if I could develop a standardized test to assess the tactile characteristics of a sub outdoors GP (no consistent results yet). However, I believe we may already have the measurement we need in the waterfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon! View Post
If that's the case, say for instance I go with my plan of 14hz tune (in a small room on suspended wood floor) and the deepest frequencies are overpowering like you describe once I get mid bass up to par, can I just turn on the 18hz rumble filter, or try equalization if I can figure it out? Or is it not that simple? I was just thinking easier to cut out too loud too low frequencies if I erred on the side of too low a tuning, vs. trying to add them if I don't find subsonic frequencies powerful enough if I went too high a tune. Maybe I'll split the difference and go 16hz - 18hz. Thank you both.
I disagree with some of the characterizations that a low-tuned ported sub is a risk in a sealed room, suspended floor, or even a very small, sealed, suspended room. Certain subs are definitely risks in overwhelming a room with LF energy. I do not believe the Rythmiks fall into this category. The controls on the Rythmik should allow you to dial in the TR to taste in any small room.
Damping factor control: LOW > MED > HIGH in regards to TR
Tuning Frequency: Variable on the FV(X)15s & FV18, I actually experience more relative TR from the Rythmiks with the higher tunes vs lower. However, subjective SQ increases along with extention as the tune decreases (even with content with no ULF content).
Bass Extension fliter (-12dB) & Rumble filter (-6dB): These allows the native frequency response to be shaped to accommodate different room sizes/gain profiles, similarly to Low-frequency Adjust (LFA)/Room Size Control (RSC).

While the JTR has -18dB of range in the LFA it does not have the damping factor control of the Rythmik. Don't believe the narrative that Direct Servo is a gimmick and the Rythmik website is rife with sketchy engineering. I am an electrical engineer and I get schooled by Brian Ding every time we communicate!

On the flip side, Rythmik doesn't have a low-enough damping control setting (or excursion) to compete with the violence of the JTRs. Brian could engineer it, but I didn't get the impression that he sees any benefit as their portfolio is quite extensive and there is room for both Rythmik and JTR in the marketplace. They truly both unique in their own rights.

I am cross-posting this in the other thread as I think we can prove this out with two sets of evals.
1) The Rythmik FV25 at @imureh 's.
2) The JTR Captivators 1400, 2400ULF and 4000ULF (and possibly the 2400) coordinated here in SoCal ( @chucky7 @bulls ).
Schrodinger23 and drh3b like this.
post #1070 of 1731 Old 03-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I also built the Rasperry Pi vibration sensor (in addition to Vibsensor) to see if I could develop a standardized test to assess the tactile characteristics of a sub outdoors GP (no consistent results yet). However, I believe we may already have the measurement we need in the waterfall.
I expect that the Cap 1400 has the most violent TR/SPL among the JTRs and the 4000ULF the least at the same SPL level. My observations have been that the 1400 was brutal and unrefined compared to the 2400ULF which was still violent but smoother. I have never heard the 4000ULF at the equivalent SPL levels.

JTR

Rythmik

post #1071 of 1731 Old 03-10-2019, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 3595 Post(s)
Liked: 4282
Quote:
I apologize for joining this discussion so late as I feel I can contribute. I am cross-posting the following from another thread so I can expand on my thoughts and get the opinions of you all.

I'm still not caught up on this thread but I feel like I have a good handle on this topic. I have spoken to Brian Ding of @Rythmik Audio about this specific topic on several occasions. I sat with Brian during the JTR 2400ULF demo at the first Houston GTG. This was his first time ever hearing a JTR sub. I also built the Rasperry Pi vibration sensor (in addition to Vibsensor) to see if I could develop a standardized test to assess the tactile characteristics of a sub outdoors GP (no consistent results yet). However, I believe we may already have the measurement we need in the waterfall.

I disagree with some of the characterizations that a low-tuned ported sub is a risk in a sealed room, suspended floor, or even a very small, sealed, suspended room. Certain subs are definitely risks in overwhelming a room with LF energy. I do not believe the Rythmiks fall into this category. The controls on the Rythmik should allow you to dial in the TR to taste in any small room.
Damping factor control: LOW > MED > HIGH in regards to TR
Tuning Frequency: Variable on the FV(X)15s & FV18, I actually experience more relative TR from the Rythmiks with the higher tunes vs lower. However, subjective SQ increases along with extention as the tune decreases (even with content with no ULF content).
Bass Extension fliter (-12dB) & Rumble filter (-6dB): These allows the native frequency response to be shaped to accommodate different room sizes/gain profiles, similarly to Low-frequency Adjust (LFA)/Room Size Control (RSC).

While the JTR has -18dB of range in the LFA it does not have the damping factor control of the Rythmik. Don't believe the narrative that Direct Servo is a gimmick and the Rythmik website is rife with sketchy engineering. I am an electrical engineer and I get schooled by Brian Ding every time we communicate!

On the flip side, Rythmik doesn't have a low-enough damping control setting (or excursion) to compete with the violence of the JTRs. Brian could engineer it, but I didn't get the impression that he sees any benefit as their portfolio is quite extensive and there is room for both Rythmik and JTR in the marketplace. They truly both unique in their own rights.

I am cross-posting this in the other thread as I think we can prove this out with two sets of evals.
1) The Rythmik FV25 at @imureh 's.
2) The JTR Captivators 1400, 2400ULF and 4000ULF (and possibly the 2400) coordinated here in SoCal ( @chucky7 @bulls ).
I don't think the FV25 in Ray's room is going to happen. Too heavy to get it upstairs. The FV25 has been setup in my living room for good.
iceatola likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #1072 of 1731 Old 03-10-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Quote:
I expect that the Cap 1400 has the most violent TR/SPL among the JTRs and the 4000ULF the least at the same SPL level. My observations have been that the 1400 was brutal and unrefined compared to the 2400ULF which was still violent but smoother. I have never heard the 4000ULF at the equivalent SPL levels.

JTR

Rythmik

^^^Very, very interesting....and makes a lot of sense.

Longer decay times where the waves lingers for a bit keeps Sound Intensity and TR lingering as well. The 1400 has the longest decay times and matches up with folks' observations as very visceral.

Note: Long decay times isn't the source that is creating the TR, they are just keeping what is already there for a longer period of time.
post #1073 of 1731 Old 03-10-2019, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked: 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
^^^Very, very interesting....and makes a lot of sense.

Longer decay times where the waves lingers for a bit keeps Sound Intensity and TR lingering as well. The 1400 has the longest decay times and matches up with folks' observations as very visceral.

Note: Long decay times isn't the source that is creating the TR, they are just keeping what is already there for a longer period of time.

That is the reason I think the high excursion drivers sounded muddled in my room and additionally causing more floor resonance that interfered with the clarity as well. The Cap 118 sounded a lot better than the 1400 and 2400 ULF in my room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - PSA MT 110sr Surrounds - 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #1074 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I don't think the FV25 in Ray's room is going to happen. Too heavy to get it upstairs. The FV25 has been setup in my living room for good.
@enricoclaudio what is the ~effective volume of your space? Can you sweep and share in room waterfalls of LOW, MED & HIGH damping?

Also, if someone can share the .MHT files from @toddct 's and @imureh 's with me please.
post #1075 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked: 3026
Quote:
@enricoclaudio what is the ~effective volume of your space? Can you sweep and share in room waterfalls of LOW, MED & HIGH damping?

Also, if someone can share the .MHT files from @toddct 's and @imureh 's with me please.

Marc, for my place, are you looking for the files with the FV18 information? I don’t think we took any measurements with the 2400 ULF as it sounded so bad that we didn’t bother.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev 2 with Paper cone
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - PSA MT 110sr Surrounds - 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra & Premium, Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #1076 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Marc, for my place, are you looking for the files with the FV18 information? I don’t think we took any measurements with the 2400 ULF as it sounded so bad that we didn’t bother.

I'm hoping you have at least one JTR sweep (1400/2400ULF). I do have your PSA .MHTs. What are the current settings on your FV18s (ports/damping/ext/rumble)? Are you using PEQ?
post #1077 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Rythmik

No one has mentioned it so far. Look how similar the waterfalls on the Rythmiks are. Even the sealed F18 as well.

What Rythmik is capable of with their pantented Direct Servo reminds me of the Carver challenge.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/carver-challenge
https://www.bobcarvercorp.com/carver-challenge
Rythmik and dominguez1 like this.
post #1078 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
No one has mentioned it so far. Look how similar the waterfalls on the Rythmiks are. Even the sealed F18 as well.

What Rythmik is capable of with their pantented Direct Servo reminds me of the Carver challenge.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/carver-challenge
https://www.bobcarvercorp.com/carver-challenge
Are there any waterfalls of the G25HP?
post #1079 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 287 Post(s)
Quoted: 3368 Post(s)
Liked: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrozzano View Post
Are there any waterfalls of the G25HP?
Nope, because it was not tested by Data-bass.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #1080 of 1731 Old 03-11-2019, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:

Emailed!

Todd

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page