For the tactile transducer experts - Buttkicker, ADX, AURA, Clark synthesis - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-25-2018, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For the tactile transducer experts - Buttkicker, ADX, AURA, Clark synthesis

I am building two systems using transducers

There are NO subwoofers in the house, live in a unit so no SUBS ALLOWED

One for gaming and one for home theatre

x BEHRINGER NX3000D POWER 3000W STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER WITH SMARTSENSE (home theatre) + 2 clark tst239 + ? AURAs or ADXs

1 x BEHRINGER NX1000D POWER 1000W STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER WITH SMARTSENSE (attach to the office/gaming chair) + 1 clark tst239 + ?AURAs or ADXs

https://www.parts-express.com/clark-...haker--300-863

I was also thinking of adding some Dayton Audio TT25-8 pucks to the gaming chair (two on the back frame and one on each of the HOTAS controls for the flight sim) = 4 in total

Has anyone heard anything regarding the ADX Maximus Tactile Bass Shaker 4 Ohms vs the AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer?

https://www.parts-express.com/adx-ma...-ohms--300-935

https://www.parts-express.com/dayto....8-ohm--300-386

https://www.parts-express.com/auraso...ducer--299-028

Should I combine the above two or pick one and add them to the couch on the home theatre set up?

Do I need rubber feet to isolate the couch from the carpeted floor and if so which cheap ones do you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Nicholas

Last edited by super kermit; 10-26-2018 at 05:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1334 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
You may want to post your questions here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...ual-guide.html

I own AuraSound AST-2B-4's (4 of them installed in 6 of my theater chairs and am planning on 2-4 more of them). I love them. I am powering mine using a Behringer iNuke3K DSP and pout in a low pass filter so no bass over 60hz gets sent to the shakers.

I really can't speak to the other brands as I scored a crazy deal on the Aura's so took advantage but they more than meet my needs. I didn't want a shaker that would overwhelm the experience or one that could be audible. I already have a nearfield subwoofer so was getting good response but the shakers add another dimension.

As in all things I would say if you have the funds order a few different options and return the ones you don't like. I did not use any rubber feet, if your sitting on carpet I am not sure it will be an issue. You can try the shaker without rubber feet first and then can always add them later if you think you might need them.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Whether you use rubber feet (isolators) depends on what the floor is made of.

For suspended wood floors not having isolators will allow the vibrations through the floor so you will get to feel it with your feet, as the floor will move as well as the sofa.

For concrete floors they are a must as without them the transducer is trying to move against an unmovable object, (Planet Earth). The isolators act like shock absorbers. They compress with weight but still allow the transducer to move the sofa both up and down.

Denon AVR-X6400H,Sony KDL50W829 ,Virgin Media V Box HD, WDTV, PS3, Philips DVP9560, Marantz CD67, BK Monolith Plus x 2, KEF TDM 23C,23F & 34DS, Jamo D500, Darbee Darblet, Belkin F9G6223uk3M, Buttkicker LFE kit, IsoAcoustics L8R430, Mede8er 800X3D, Behringer B1200d, AC Infinity Aircom T9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
Whether you use rubber feet (isolators) depends on what the floor is made of.

For suspended wood floors not having isolators will allow the vibrations through the floor so you will get to feel it with your feet, as the floor will move as well as the sofa.

For concrete floors they are a must as without them the transducer is trying to move against an unmovable object, (Planet Earth). The isolators act like shock absorbers. They compress with weight but still allow the transducer to move the sofa both up and down.
Isolators done

Which transducers then?
post #5 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kermit View Post
Isolators done

Which transducers then?
I can't answer that as I have no experience of any you are considering.

When I bought my Butkicker LFE kit I was only considering Buttkicker, Clark & Crowson. I chose Buttkicker because of the three it was the only one available in the UK. I could have included Earthquake but completely missed it at the time.

In the five years I had them there seems to be a much larger choice in the market now.

Denon AVR-X6400H,Sony KDL50W829 ,Virgin Media V Box HD, WDTV, PS3, Philips DVP9560, Marantz CD67, BK Monolith Plus x 2, KEF TDM 23C,23F & 34DS, Jamo D500, Darbee Darblet, Belkin F9G6223uk3M, Buttkicker LFE kit, IsoAcoustics L8R430, Mede8er 800X3D, Behringer B1200d, AC Infinity Aircom T9
post #6 of 8 Old 06-09-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I have 4 x ADX Maximus and they're the sweet spot imho for the price and performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos Of My Theater | Vero 4K | Epson 5030UB + Peerless PRG-UNV | 100" EluneVision Reference 4K Screen | Onkyo TX-NR555 @ 5.2.2 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | Polk Audio RTi A9 + CSi A6 + OWM3 + Micca M8C + SVS PC2000 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83V Mini PC + MoviePosterApp | Z83V + DietPi FTP Server + 2 x 8TB HDDs + 4 x DLink DHP-701AV
post #7 of 8 Old 06-12-2019, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Hello Nicholas @super Kermit

If I were you, I would repost this question on this thread;
Shakers - Simple/Cheap Hookup - Visual Guide
You should get more traffic and better educated answer, on this subject.

Darth
post #8 of 8 Old 06-13-2019, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 247
A lot depends on how much room you have under your seats and how mountable your furniture is. I had Earthquakes mqb1 and they are really good. Purchased new chairs and couldn’t mount them the right way with the torque bracket. Had to get rid of them and I’m saving for Crowsons. Crowson go under the furniture so they are different than the rest. Crowsons/earthquakes/buttkickers is what I’d be looking at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page