Connecting LFE to RCA Pioneer SW-8MK2 sub to Denon D-M41DAB - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Connecting LFE to RCA Pioneer SW-8MK2 sub to Denon D-M41DAB

Setting up the Denon D-M41DAB (the combo of the D-M41 with SC-M41 speakers) with the Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer. The receiver has Sub/LFE Out sub has RCA in. What cable do I use to connect them and how should it set the volume, Freq mz, Phase, and Power (auto?) on the sub?

Did a few searches and it looks like I may be able to use a sub cable from the Sub/LFE to the left line in on the amp or may need to use and RCA Y splitter. I have a sub cable and can get a RCA Y splitter. Denon system and Panasonic speaker will arrive tomorrow or the next day so I want to have the right cable.

Also, is there another sub that may work better with the D-M41 CD Receiver? Looking for a sub to be under $200. Got the SW-8MK2 for $130 on sale but if it's the wrong sub I can return it.

Thanks. Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2018, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Liked: 11525
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmitchel View Post
Setting up the Denon D-M41DAB (the combo of the D-M41 with SC-M41 speakers) with the Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer. The receiver has Sub/LFE Out sub has RCA in. What cable do I use to connect them and how should it set the volume, Freq mz, Phase, and Power (auto?) on the sub?

Did a few searches and it looks like I may be able to use a sub cable from the Sub/LFE to the left line in on the amp or may need to use and RCA Y splitter. I have a sub cable and can get a RCA Y splitter. Denon system and Panasonic speaker will arrive tomorrow or the next day so I want to have the right cable.

Also, is there another sub that may work better with the D-M41 CD Receiver? Looking for a sub to be under $200. Got the SW-8MK2 for $130 on sale but if it's the wrong sub I can return it.

Thanks. Matthew
You can use either input on the sub. Using both is fine too---you add 6dB of signal gain doing that. But dont confuse that with adding 6dB of sub capabilities.. You're just increasing the signal strength going to the sub amp.

I DL the manual here.

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hifi/mini/dm41

They mention bass "tone" control and bass level controls. But I didnt see any mention of a lowpass or highpass crossover employed when you connect the sub. If that is the case you'll want to experiment with the crossover control on the subwoofer itself---dial it in for best subjective sound quality. Probably somewhere around 80-100hz or so if you have the sub up front near the main speakers.

Any inexpensive rca to rca sub cable is fine, don't feel like you need to spend more than 10 bucks. You can even use an old composite video cable if you have any of those laying around.

the pioneer 8 isn't very good. There are certainly more capable subs out there <$200. The Dayton 15 seems to be a favorite in that regard but I dont have any hands on with it.

Check this out too.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...get-subwoofer/

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2018, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks, I'll look at the Dayton 15. Thoughts on the Dayton 15 vs the BIC Venturi V1020 vs Elac 3010? BIC V1020 seems to be sweet spot vs F12 and V1220 and lists freq resp down to 26hz but. Like to get something that goes to at least 30 hz with good sound quality less worried about overall power to shake walls and any of these subs will need to be turned down to blend in with the little Denon 30 watts system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
d-m41 , lfe , sub out , SW-8MK2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page