* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 362 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes

post #10831 of 10839 Old 07-25-2019, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelessd View Post
Hello,
could someone help me with my pre-owned velodyne spl-1200 ultra, mfgd in 2008, serial number 682591001? If it was left connect to AC power with main switch on, after a while (like 6-10 hours), it's stops to give any sounds. If I leave it for few hours with main switch off, then it's start to work normally for another few hours. Auto power settings doesn't affect that behavior. When it is in this faulty mode, it's still can sense incoming signal (when auto power on option is selected, volume indicator turn's on when sub detects incoming signal).
I will really appreciate if someone can send me electronic schematics of this unit. I already sent an email to service at velodyne dot com, but no reply yet for almost a week now.
If you visit the Velodyne Acoustics website you’ll find two authorized service providers who may be able to advise you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10832 of 10839 Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked: 286
For some time one of my HGS-15s has needed repair because it makes chuffing sounds, and today I discovered my other HGS-15 does not reliably trigger on with a LF signal. So that's two big subs to lug to LA for service. I recently discovered that one of my HGS-10s made clacking sounds when the SMS-1 ran acoustic room correction. Is it worth lugging the HGS-10 to LA as well? These subs have served well for decades, but I wonder if it's time for newer subs.

db
post #10833 of 10839 Old 07-28-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked: 3715
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
For some time one of my HGS-15s has needed repair because it makes chuffing sounds, and today I discovered my other HGS-15 does not reliably trigger on with a LF signal. So that's two big subs to lug to LA for service. I recently discovered that one of my HGS-10s made clacking sounds when the SMS-1 ran acoustic room correction. Is it worth lugging the HGS-10 to LA as well? These subs have served well for decades, but I wonder if it's time for newer subs.

db
Consider new subs. Rythmik makes their own version of servo subs that will blow away old Velodynes, that were awesome in their time, but time moves on.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10834 of 10839 Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Got a strange issue with my VA-1215XII, AVR has the LPF set at 120hz, I have the bypass toggle switched on. I notice the bass output is very little, so I flipped the toggle to use the internal x-over which is set at 120hz as well, bass response is instantly improved.

Thinking it may be my AVR, I tried the same thing with my VA-1012XII, no difference in response using the int/ext x-over. Wondering if there is an issue with my 1215XII x-over and bypass toggle.

Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 | Samsung 65" 4K KS8000 Series | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player | Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player | Onkyo TX-NR3030 Atmos Network Receiver | Energy Veritas 6.3 mains | Energy C-C1 center | Energy C-R100 surround sides and backs | (4) Energy Take Classic satellites heights | Velodyne VA 1215 XII Sub
post #10835 of 10839 Old 08-04-2019, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post

db
It's not official but it seems a forgone conclusion that Velodyne Lidar is a far greater business opportunity than making Hi-Fi subwoofers. George Meyer TV & Stereo in LA may have the experience and the only pipeline of remaining spare parts. I've owned the HGS series and they're long in the tooth.

I would suggest shopping for another brand that will support its product for years to come. Your SMS-1 still offers greater equalization than most other brands current offerings. Be concerned about connectivity options for using multiple subs preferably XLR in's and out's.

Velodyne stopped using its patented servo sensing and control system years ago for a method of control that produced the lowest claimed amount of driver distortion in their DD Plus series along with their third generation of multi-band Auto and Manual Room Optimization and Equalization which is beneficial in a stereo system where matching the main speakers presentation is the goal yet still be able to produce substantially higher output than the menu of $1K fare.

Last edited by M-dB; 08-04-2019 at 12:43 AM.
post #10836 of 10839 Old 08-10-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Well long in the tooth and not caring about the clients aside. I bought a used dsl3750 about 5 weeks ago, then a second, then 2 more in that time total cost 420 bucks. Holy crap. These will be with me until I'm out the house in a pine box.
It does suck that customer service is noexistant but all things pass.
Enjoy What you have now and replace with new technology as needs be.
Mike out.
post #10837 of 10839 Old 08-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Gang , I was given a Velodyne VDR 12 from
Some folks saying it didn’t work . Was built in 2009. I opened it up and found the problem. The metal contained box (assuming it’s the amp) is all burnt up
And melted inside . Wondering if it’s possible to get another amp from someplace , size it’s plug and play , or should I just take it to the dump ? Thanks for any answers.
post #10838 of 10839 Old 08-15-2019, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeboy View Post
Hi Gang , I was given a Velodyne VDR 12 from
Some folks saying it didn’t work . Was built in 2009. I opened it up and found the problem. The metal contained box (assuming it’s the amp) is all burnt up
And melted inside . Wondering if it’s possible to get another amp from someplace , size it’s plug and play , or should I just take it to the dump ? Thanks for any answers.
It will cost around $200-$250 to repair assuming the circuit board is not damaged in the melt down. I would suggest contacting EBC electronics for repair.

https://www.ebcelectronics.com/velodyne-repair.php

Here's the manual for your VDR-12:

http://velodyneacoustics.com/pdf/vdr/VDRManual.pdf
post #10839 of 10839 Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
It will cost around $200-$250 to repair assuming the circuit board is not damaged in the melt down. I would suggest contacting EBC electronics for repair.

https://www.ebcelectronics.com/velodyne-repair.php

Here's the manual for your VDR-12:

http://velodyneacoustics.com/pdf/vdr/VDRManual.pdf

Thank you very much for this information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne