Ypao, Subwoofer calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-15-2019, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Ypao, Subwoofer calibration

I have yamaha V581 with basic ypao , i think it did not a good job in my room. Left surround was louder and the right non existant in movies. Also Ypao sets my subwoofer too low, i cant hear any lfe. So, i tried the sound analyzer android app (c weighted slow response setting) , firstly in order to fix the surrounds and it did a very good job, definatelly better than the ypao mic
As i said Ypao sets my subwoofer volume too low so i tried the app in order to check the sub volume. In the receiver's test tones menu all channels are calibrated equal apart from the subwoofer witch is set about 10db lower than the other speakers. When I play the dts sound check from my pc again all speakers have the same volume this time including the lfe channel.
If I calibrate the system with the internal test tones in order all speakers to be equal then when I play the dts sound check lfe is about 10db louder than the other speakers.
So what is right? Equal Internal test tones but 10db louder lfe in dts sound check or - 10db internal test tones and equal lfe in dts sound check?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Ypao, Subwoofer calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomAwakens View Post
I have yamaha V581 with basic ypao , i think it did not a good job in my room. Left surround was louder and the right non existant in movies. Also Ypao sets my subwoofer too low, i cant hear any lfe. So, i tried the sound analyzer android app (c weighted slow response setting) , firstly in order to fix the surrounds and it did a very good job, definatelly better than the ypao mic

As i said Ypao sets my subwoofer volume too low so i tried the app in order to check the sub volume. In the receiver's test tones menu all channels are calibrated equal apart from the subwoofer witch is set about 10db lower than the other speakers. When I play the dts sound check from my pc again all speakers have the same volume this time including the lfe channel.

If I calibrate the system with the internal test tones in order all speakers to be equal then when I play the dts sound check lfe is about 10db louder than the other speakers.

So what is right? Equal Internal test tones but 10db louder lfe in dts sound check or - 10db internal test tones and equal lfe in dts sound check?

Here’s what I do. Run ypao. Then change all my speakers to small and make sure crossover is set to 80 on all. They play internal test tone with volume at -0. Adjust all speakers to 75db. This will get you calibrated so -0db is reference volume. I like my sub hot, so I bump that up to about 83db.

I don’t know what the dts sound check is, but you don’t need to use it. Just use the internal test tones on your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epson 5040 UB | Silver Ticket 120" 16:9 Screen | Phillips 7501 | Yamaha RX-V781 | Xbox 1S | Nvidia Shield | Dual PB16 Ultra's | Klipsch RP-280F's Left & Right | RP-450C Center | Niles HDFX Surround & Atmos Speakers |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
subwoofer , Yamaha , ypao

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page