Help a noob - subwoofers & NX6000D - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By lwhisenand
  • 1 Post By lwhisenand

post #1 of 9 Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Help a noob - subwoofers & NX6000D

I have a lot of new home theater equipment and I am struggling to troubleshoot what is wrong. I'm not hearing any output from my two new subs that I built - Dayton Audio 18" Ultimax with cabinets. I have a new Emotiva RMC-1 processor and a new Behringer NX6000D amp to drive the new subs. I contacted Emotiva and it appears I have the RMC-1 configured correctly (Sub-Left and Sub-Right set to dual-mono if I remember correctly, all speakers set to small with 80 Hz crossover points). The Behringer powers-up fine, but I'm not seeing any lights on the signal, limit, & protect LEDs, nor hearing a peep from the subs. When I send test signals from the RMC-1, I hear all other speaker channels but nothing from the subs. I'm pretty sure I assembled the subs correctly (used a 4-pole Neutrik NL4MPR Speakon Connector, wiring from +1 & -1 terminal to the + & - terminals on the sub, with jumper wire running from + to - in series to run sub in 4 ohm configuration). I cannot test with any of my old equipment since I have all new connectors of different types with the new gear (XLR interconnects between RMC-1 output and NX6000D input, Speakon speaker cable between NX6000D and subs). At this point, I am wondering if I am missing something with the Behringer configuration, particularly since the manual is pretty lean on help. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try? I really hope it is something stupid I am overlooking, but at this point I am really scratching my head. This is my first foray into more advanced AV gear (separate processor and amp for speakers, passive subs and a dedicated amp for LFE).

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas. If someone has a NX6000D and can share at least the initial configuration steps (for a complete noob), that might be a starting point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-22-2019, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3088 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Connect speakers to the sub amp and see if you get anything. If you do, it's probably an issue with the subs. If not, then the problem is upstream. If you have an old receiver laying around, put it on an FM channel and use it to power the subs ...

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-23-2019, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Both great ideas, but the new sub terminals are Speakon and my old receiver has no Speakon outputs. Similarly, the new Behringer amp has Speakon outputs and none of my other speakers have Speakon terminals. Is there a Speakon to banana plug dongle? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-23-2019, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 2815 Post(s)
Liked: 3881
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhisenand View Post
I'm pretty sure I assembled the subs correctly (used a 4-pole Neutrik NL4MPR Speakon Connector, wiring from +1 & -1 terminal to the + & - terminals on the sub, with jumper wire running from + to - in series to run sub in 4 ohm configuration). .
Maybe you are explaining it wrong, but this is how a DVC speaker is supposed to be connected

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE Dual TR Sleds- 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - Vertex2 - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
post #5 of 9 Old 03-23-2019, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the visual. That’s exactly how I have it wired. I don’t think the signal is getting to the sub. Despite powering up, the amp doesn’t appear to be outputting anything, at least that is what it appears to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nalleh likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-24-2019, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 2815 Post(s)
Liked: 3881
Do you have your NX6000 connected to a pc/laptop with the installed behringer software, and what is you config on your amp?

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE Dual TR Sleds- 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - Vertex2 - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
post #7 of 9 Old 03-24-2019, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

I have not attempted to connect the NX6000D to a laptop - I didn't realize that might be required to get it configured correctly - is it?

Toggling through the "Process" button:

Mode - Dual (which I think enables both A & B channels to accept separate inputs - I do have separate outputs from my processor connected to the A & B inputs, but I suspect it would be the same signal until I play around with the processor)
PEQ A#1 - no changes from factory
XOVER A - no changes from factory
DEQ A#1 - no changes from factory
Delay A#1 - no changes from factory
Limit A#1 - no changes from factory

As you can see, I don't really understand what I need to do to configure this amp correctly. I figured I would at least hear something without modifying any of the menus, but that may very well be an incorrect assumption.

If I need to download software and load on a laptop to get it configured, I can definitely do that - nothing was mentioned in the very minimalistic user guide that came with the amp.

Thanks for any further guidance you can provide.......you seem to be the only one interested in helping me out at present, and that is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-12-2020, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@lwhisenand , did you ever get this figured out? I am having a similar problem where it doesn't appear the 6000D is getting a signal.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-12-2020, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I got it resolved by shipping it back to the manufacturer. They replaced a board under warranty, and now it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamiebosco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page