1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpc716

post #1 of 4 Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Subwoofer crawl with multieq

So I've read about the subwoofer crawl method, and it doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I'm wondering if the method is still valid in the context of phase and frequency response modifying room correction software. Specifically, the ideal response correction for location A would be different to location B. So unless I had my receiver configured for the location I'm looking for, I may never find it?

Or is the impact of software like multieq minimal compared with the difference effective placement location makes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2019, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 3351 Post(s)
Liked: 2826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick1234 View Post
So I've read about the subwoofer crawl method, and it doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I'm wondering if the method is still valid in the context of phase and frequency response modifying room correction software. Specifically, the ideal response correction for location A would be different to location B. So unless I had my receiver configured for the location I'm looking for, I may never find it?

Or is the impact of software like multieq minimal compared with the difference effective placement location makes?
Effective placement will make all the difference. Even the best room correction software would have difficulty compensating for poor placement If you have 2 equally good spots for the sub that's not a bad thing because you now have potential for a 2nd sub. Muli-Q will set delays and level match your speakers and sub. There likely more to it than that, but I'm no audyssey expert. There's absolutely nothing wrong with setting it up in location A and running audyssey. Listen for a few days, then try location B and re-run audyssey. You may find no difference or you may prefer one over the other.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.

Last edited by pase22; 03-31-2019 at 04:38 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 603
I find a good bass song, then just play it over and over and move the sub around. You know it's in the right place when it makes you smile and feel giddy like a school girl! If you have a ported sub, you may also want to try facing toward you and alternatively facing toward the wall (a few inches from the wall). I found with one of my subs that it sounded a ton better facing into the wall than into the room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-31-2019, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick1234 View Post

You would determine best placement before running room correction. If you decide to move the sub later you'd repeat the process.
mthomas47 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page