AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/)
-   -   Whose system is tough enough to play this? (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/3064040-whose-system-tough-enough-play.html)

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 04:07 PM

Whose system is tough enough to play this?

Interstellar Brownies by Idealism.

Found this track digging through the dusty parts of Tidal. A gem of a subwoofer test. Don’t let the mild sound of it fool you. This song digs deep especially at the very end. Beware.

Check out some of the other stuff by Idealism if you like the sound and bass. Much of his stuff is very similar. Not sure who this music is aimed at, easy light piano with earth shattering bass, but I dig it. My Rythmik G25HP nailed it even though the LED light blinked a couple of times at the end. I run my system with the bass maxed out on the sub and preamp but the G25HP never falters. Sounds perfect the whole time.

Let’s see how the rest of you fared with it cranked up.

BluesDaddy56 04-24-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57949846)
Interstellar Brownies by Idealism.

Found this track digging through the dusty parts of Tidal. A gem of a subwoofer test. Don’t let the mild sound of it fool you. This song digs deep especially at the very end. Beware.

Check out some of the other stuff by Idealism if you like the sound and bass. Much of his stuff is very similar. Not sure who this music is aimed at, easy light piano with earth shattering bass, but I dig it. My Rythmik G25HP nailed it even though the LED light blinked a couple of times at the end. I run my system with the bass maxed out on the sub and preamp but the G25HP never falters. Sounds perfect the whole time.

Let’s see how the rest of you fared with it cranked up.

So, yeah, some deep bass on this but boring as sh*t...

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDaddy56 (Post 57949968)
So, yeah, some deep bass on this but boring as sh*t...

Did you crank it up on your system? How did it sound?

nodoubt 04-24-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57950174)
Did you crank it up on your system? How did it sound?

i did... it went BOOM-BOOM, BAM, BOOM CHICA BOOM THUDDDD
then it did it again a few more times.

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodoubt (Post 57950438)
i did... it went BOOM-BOOM, BAM, BOOM CHICA BOOM THUDDDD
then it did it again a few more times.

Strange because I didn’t hear a “CHICA” when I played it. You might have damaged your driver.

nodoubt 04-24-2019 06:36 PM

lmao ! maybe your sub dont hit low enough to hear that CHICA part !
seriously though, ive got tidal, and downloaded all the albums by that band, just now.
seems like some good listening, tx

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodoubt (Post 57950544)
lmao ! maybe your sub dont hit low enough to hear that CHICA part !
seriously though, ive got tidal, and downloaded all the albums by that band, just now.
seems like some good listening, tx

Haha, I was in denial I think and projecting my fears onto you.

What’s your setup like? Those last few hits on that track shook my house. My Panamax amp meter shot up to like 8 or so. I love it when it does that.

jamiebosco 04-24-2019 07:47 PM

I just played it fairly loud (-8dB MV with subs about 4dB hot) sounded clean (except the pops and crackles in the track itself). Mrs said "turn that dog crap down" - so didn't push it any louder
definitely some deep notes in there

Give "Harry Bercules - - Walkens Pendulum (2012)." a go, this one flexes my windows a bit

David Charles 04-24-2019 07:52 PM

Holy crap that’s nuts. Played it a t reference on two s3601s ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torii 04-24-2019 08:02 PM

not a fan of it...liked listening to the dudes conversation in background...was annoying actually...but gave something to focus on vs the synthetic bass notes.

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiebosco (Post 57950900)
I just played it fairly loud (-8dB MV with subs about 4dB hot) sounded clean (except the pops and crackles in the track itself). Mrs said "turn that dog crap down" - so didn't push it any louder
definitely some deep notes in there

Give "Harry Bercules - - Walkens Pendulum (2012)." a go, this one flexes my windows a bit

I’m sorry your mrs took offense. It’s a man’s hobby it seems. I will check out that one too, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Charles (Post 57950928)
Holy crap that’s nuts. Played it a t reference on two s3601s ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I can only imagine the pounding those things gave you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57950976)
not a fan of it...liked listening to the dudes conversation in background...was annoying actually...but gave something to focus on vs the synthetic bass notes.

It’s a weird song alright. The background noises seem to be the guy’s calling card. Gives the music a sense of energy. I guess I’m a fan of unexpected heavy synthetic bass tones though so I dig it.

jamiebosco 04-24-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57951252)
I’m sorry your mrs took offense. It’s a man’s hobby it seems. I will check out that one too, thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/harry-bercule...rcules-walkens

ianrozzano 04-24-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiebosco (Post 57951272)

Thanks! I was having a hard time finding that. I will listen when I get home later.

blake18 04-25-2019 06:35 AM

You play your sub at max volume? You should consider turning it down, you will eventually destroy your sub or your hearing.

ianrozzano 04-25-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake18 (Post 57952210)
You play your sub at max volume? You should consider turning it down, you will eventually destroy your sub or your hearing.

Sorry, maybe I wrote it wrong. The main volume is not maxed, just the bass and volume knob on the sub itself.

Spewdom 04-25-2019 09:32 AM

Hits hard enough, but I have more fun blasting this on my sub (and other songs on his channel):

https://youtu.be/TxpJiCEp_Jc

ianrozzano 04-25-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spewdom (Post 57952960)
Hits hard enough, but I have more fun blasting this on my sub (and other songs on his channel):

https://youtu.be/TxpJiCEp_Jc

That’s a great channel for bass.

neutro 04-25-2019 12:32 PM

torii 04-25-2019 04:21 PM

here a tidal playlist thats electronic that I can jam to...I find it sounds really good. https://tidal.com/playlist/e777171b-...d-3890b073fb80

ianrozzano 04-25-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutro (Post 57953926)

I know of that thread. I wanted my own though because I plan on being more active in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57955086)
here a tidal playlist thats electronic that I can jam to...I find it sounds really good. https://tidal.com/playlist/e777171b-...d-3890b073fb80

Damn that’s a slick playlist. I favorited it so I can chill with it later. Did you make it?

torii 04-25-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57955134)
I know of that thread. I wanted my own though because I plan on being more active in it.

Damn that’s a slick playlist. I favorited it so I can chill with it later. Did you make it?

no I found it on focal's rec playlists....very chill and sounds great for me.

ianrozzano 04-25-2019 04:44 PM

Breathe This Air by Jon Hopkins

Got another bass gem for you guys. If you think your subs can handle it, go crank this up and feel the awesome opening bass hit. This track is beautiful yet merciless.

DreamWarrior 04-26-2019 04:46 PM

Will have to try these out when I get home, if I remember. Unfortunately, "crank it" won't be "allowed" with the Mrs. home.

I'm pretty sure, however, that my four Seaton F18s and twin SubM's can handle anything I throw at them with aplomb. My house, on the other hand, well, I don't hear it while in the basement, but my wife tells me everything upstairs rattles like crazy, lol. I can see my entire drop ceiling grid shake on occasion, though, and that's fun; cleaning all the dust off everything afterwards, though, less so.

ianrozzano 04-26-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior (Post 57960138)
Will have to try these out when I get home, if I remember. Unfortunately, "crank it" won't be "allowed" with the Mrs. home.

I'm pretty sure, however, that my four Seaton F18s and twin SubM's can handle anything I throw at them with aplomb. My house, on the other hand, well, I don't hear it while in the basement, but my wife tells me everything upstairs rattles like crazy, lol. I can see my entire drop ceiling grid shake on occasion, though, and that's fun; cleaning all the dust off everything afterwards, though, less so.

That system sounds awesome. You should film a demo when the Mrs is away!

I’m sure most people who frequent this forum have capable systems, I just wanted to spread some cool music and encourage everyone to enjoy the bass to the fullest. And then to tell others about it here. I know the focus of really crazy bass systems is usually for movies, but music is my main passion and there’s a lot of new electronic stuff with a big focus on bass. It’s not just hip hop and dubstep, it’s spreading to other more “adult” genres.

torii 04-26-2019 05:02 PM

this link has some recommended focal playlists...find it a great way to listen to some high quality music...https://www.focal.com/en/listen-beyond-playlists

ianrozzano 04-26-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57960226)
this link has some recommended focal playlists...find it a great way to listen to some high quality music...https://www.focal.com/en/listen-beyond-playlists

What is Focal exactly? It can work through Tidal somehow? Is there a bass focused playlist?

torii 04-26-2019 05:13 PM

focal is the brand of gear I use for speakers. they just made some high quality streaming playlists on different sites like spotify or tidal...

ianrozzano 04-26-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57960308)
focal is the brand of gear I use for speakers. they just made some high quality streaming playlists on different sites like spotify or tidal...

Ah, THAT Focal, how stupid of me. So that’s where that dope ass Electro Vibes playlist came from? Thanks, I will definitely check the site out. I’m going to work on a bass-focused playlist I think.

DreamWarrior 04-27-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57950976)

Wait, what? Is this regarding Interstellar Brownies? I heard tons of noises dancing around my sound-stage lighting it up like twinkling LEDs, lots of little points. I heard one instance of a guy talking for like a few seconds, I don't know what he said. But, I heard no conversation...did I not listen enough, lol? Maybe my bass was too hot, lol.

Anyway, holy crap bass! I had my master volume at my typical late-night listening levels and my near-field subs were giving me a slight massage. I'm going to have to check this out at higher levels!
Quote:

Originally Posted by torii (Post 57955086)

Some interesting stuff on there. I only listened to the first few before I had to hit the sack, but nothing so far has made me feel like it was going to have insane bass pressure at higher levels.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57955146)
Breathe This Air by Jon Hopkins

Got another bass gem for you guys. If you think your subs can handle it, go crank this up and feel the awesome opening bass hit. This track is beautiful yet merciless.

Like the other one better for bass, but I think this was more interesting overall.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ianrozzano (Post 57960216)
That system sounds awesome. You should film a demo when the Mrs is away!

I’m sure most people who frequent this forum have capable systems, I just wanted to spread some cool music and encourage everyone to enjoy the bass to the fullest. And then to tell others about it here. I know the focus of really crazy bass systems is usually for movies, but music is my main passion and there’s a lot of new electronic stuff with a big focus on bass. It’s not just hip hop and dubstep, it’s spreading to other more “adult” genres.

It's not that impressive compared to other people's stuff around here. But, it's fun enough for me. I am still considering replacing some of the subs with 24s from DSS. We'll see.

And, my focus is also music, I crank that way more often than movies, so...yeah, keep the suggestions coming!

ianrozzano 04-27-2019 11:00 AM

Dude, I’m planning on getting a DSS 24 myself! I love my Rythmik, but that 24” driver is calling me. I can’t get really good stuff under 10Hz in my room with the G25HP and it annoys me when that deep punch on Bass I Love You can’t really be felt. So I figure the 24 is the way to go.

And I totally agree about Breathe This Air. Fantastic song with nice bass but Interstellar Brownies is on a another level. Gonna be hard to top that one without going to Bassotronics stuff which I love, but kinda feels like cheating when the purpose of it is to basically demo car audio competitions.