Buttkicker lfe or Buttkicker advance ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Polyrythm1k
  • 2 Post By Sekosche

post #1 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Question Buttkicker lfe or Buttkicker advance ?

Buttkicker lfe 249 versus Buttkicker advance 199?Wondering what unit to get.
For 2 units of lfe its 499 plus i need a nx6000 dsp so 450 for 950 total?
For 2 units of advance 399 and i already have bash 300w plate amplifiers so 399 total ?
Please help me decide ?
Thanks .

Yamaha avr, diy l c r surround Behringer nx3000 dsp Fi car audio ib318 v2 310 cubic foot concrete ib lg pf 1500 projector.steren projector mount.
Pending create diy riser Bass shakers , buy fourty 6 inch drivers for some new mains get new 4k projector
I can hear my wallet screaming already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 107
For a lot less you should look at this.
The Hideaway Theater
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t
Russell Burrows and Alan P like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrythm1k View Post
For a lot less you should look at this.
The Hideaway Theater
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t
Thanks

Yamaha avr, diy l c r surround Behringer nx3000 dsp Fi car audio ib318 v2 310 cubic foot concrete ib lg pf 1500 projector.steren projector mount.
Pending create diy riser Bass shakers , buy fourty 6 inch drivers for some new mains get new 4k projector
I can hear my wallet screaming already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Not enough detail. Are you shaking a platform? A couch...individual seating?

I chose the advance because I also had some amp plates that would sufficiently power them and wanted to stay cheap before trying crowsons.

I have them directly attached to the frame of my chairs (3 individual recliners) and the amount of shake at higher gain is obnoxious. Far more powerful than I think most people would want. Can't really see much use for the LFE outside of shaking a large platform.

5.2.2 | Samsung KS8500 | Sony UBP-X800 | Yamaha RX-A1060 | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS Prime Elevations | 2x PB16-Ultra | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 | Emotiva BasX A-300
post #5 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3392
I tried the BK Advance for a week and was underwhelmed, and having them bottom out is the worst sound I’ve heard to date, including clipping a subwoofer. Perhaps the LFE would have provided me more of what I was after, but it was a short lived demo for a reason. 20-30Hz TR is fairly easy to get, so I expected more out of them.

A huge shout out to the BOSS thread and its recommendation, as it’s truly awesome for the money. For the price of one BK, your 300w amp will easily power 3 of the recommended JBL 12” drivers and materials to build a simple setup, should you need that many. Yes, the BK take up a little less space, but for the money, the TR provided from a BOSS is unrivaled.

I’ve got Crowson’s as well, and they do shine for very deep ULF, but a BOSS is phenomenal for the money and can be scaled to your setup. I’d recommend it over anything else for the money ten fold.

Good luck in your bass adventures!
Polyrythm1k and Alan P like this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #6 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
I tried the BK Advance for a week and was underwhelmed, and having them bottom out is the worst sound I’ve heard to date, including clipping a subwoofer. Perhaps the LFE would have provided me more of what I was after, but it was a short lived demo for a reason. 20-30Hz TR is fairly easy to get, so I expected more out of them.

A huge shout out to the BOSS thread and its recommendation, as it’s truly awesome for the money. For the price of one BK, your 300w amp will easily power 3 of the recommended JBL 12” drivers and materials to build a simple setup, should you need that many. Yes, the BK take up a little less space, but for the money, the TR provided from a BOSS is unrivaled.

I’ve got Crowson’s as well, and they do shine for very deep ULF, but a BOSS is phenomenal for the money and can be scaled to your setup. I’d recommend it over anything else for the money ten fold.

Good luck in your bass adventures!
Comments like these really need more context. Perhaps it was a bad mount, perhaps you were trying to shake too much mass (and just required another one...?) but one advanced properly mounted to a seat should be violent enough to be completely distracting from a movie.

5.2.2 | Samsung KS8500 | Sony UBP-X800 | Yamaha RX-A1060 | SVS Ultra Center | SVS Ultra Towers | SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS Prime Elevations | 2x PB16-Ultra | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 | Emotiva BasX A-300
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2019, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnigma View Post
Comments like these really need more context. Perhaps it was a bad mount, perhaps you were trying to shake too much mass (and just required another one...?) but one advanced properly mounted to a seat should be violent enough to be completely distracting from a movie.

True.
I had a thorough build and write up that’s buried in the Crowson thread on my BK comparison. Yes, it’s always setup specific, but expecting a pair of BK Advance to not bottom out violently below 20Hz isn’t too much to ask. I shouldn’t have to add a negative PEQ for them to add a lot of TR over a select bandwidth they’re supposedly rated for.

20-30Hz TR is easily achieved by nearfield subs. The BK advance failed miserably in my application and expectations, and that’s why I returned them. There’s plenty of happy BK owners that run them well within their limits. But for the money, there’s now far better options...see the BOSS thread.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page