supercube 2 question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation supercube 2 question

so i just got my self a used super cube for a good decent price and it looks great good condition
so today when i was giving it a quick test i got a set of rca and connected it to the low input with a headphone jack and just played something quick to see if i got sound and yea the woofer sounded perfectly so i decided to give it more volume and i cranked it up maybe to 80% and the amp went to like protection mode maybe...

so it turned off on is own and when i lowered the volume maybe to like 60 or 50% the woofer came back on on its own and started to sound good again..

should i worry bout that or is that normal?

i was just playing a bass song on my phone quick straight to the woofer to hear if sound went through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz24 View Post
so i just got my self a used super cube for a good decent price and it looks great good condition

so today when i was giving it a quick test i got a set of rca and connected it to the low input with a headphone jack and just played something quick to see if i got sound and yea the woofer sounded perfectly so i decided to give it more volume and i cranked it up maybe to 80% and the amp went to like protection mode maybe...

so it turned off on is own and when i lowered the volume maybe to like 60 or 50% the woofer came back on on its own and started to sound good again..

should i worry bout that or is that normal?

i was just playing a bass song on my phone quick straight to the woofer to hear if sound went through.
When I own the sc6000 it started doing that even when playing high volume. For me I took as a sign and sold it to a friend. The person I gave it too still have it and still works but routinely goes out but he can live with it. If your cube only goes out when reaching full throttle then your fine, it's just activating the do not blow up mode lol if it does it when playing normal or low volume then that's not normal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner1129 View Post
When I own the sc6000 it started doing that even when playing high volume. For me I took as a sign and sold it to a friend. The person I gave it too still have it and still works but routinely goes out but he can live with it. If your cube only goes out when reaching full throttle then your fine, it's just activating the do not blow up mode lol if it does it when playing normal or low volume then that's not normal.

so yeah i got home connected to my system cranked it up pretty danmm hard with the lfe input and it is rocking the crap out of my room it hasn't turned off at all have been cranking it for the past 4 hours straight watching movies and music and seems to be holding up perfectly fine so thank god it was going bad or something lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3318 Post(s)
Liked: 1871
sub to headphone jack? lol

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
It should be fine. That was just the built-in protection circuitry kicking in. Probably didn't like the signal you were feeding it from your phone's headphone jack. There's an 8-amp fuse in the back that should blow before you damage anything serious.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
sub to headphone jack? lol
yeah so i just got a rca to headphone jack just to connected it really quick to hear audio coming out from the sub

it was the only thing i had to test out the sub

it was only to test
post #7 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post
It should be fine. That was just the built-in protection circuitry kicking in. Probably didn't like the signal you were feeding it from your phone's headphone jack. There's an 8-amp fuse in the back that should blow before you damage anything serious.
perfect good to know thanks..

i am having zero issues with is
post #8 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz24 View Post

so yeah i got home connected to my system cranked it up pretty danmm hard with the lfe input and it is rocking the crap out of my room it hasn't turned off at all have been cranking it for the past 4 hours straight watching movies and music and seems to be holding up perfectly fine so thank god it was going bad or something lol
That's awesome you'll get to enjoy that sub for a while longer! These days you cant really blow and amp or subwoofer before the auto detect voltage protector. I pushed the svs to its limits and used to turn off in it's own but then just turn back on like nothing lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers