Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-13-2019, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Inuke Question - Once again

Hey,

so I've been using my UM18-22s in Johnnysubs for a little over a year now ( or has it even been a full year? Don't know...).
From the get go I coupled them with an inuke 6000 DSP.

The best way to use them I found was to put one subwoofer in the front right corner, the other one in the back left corner. I turn up the gain knobs on the inuke all the way to 100% and lower the gain to -12dB on the inuke's Xover settings, as well as -12dB in my Marantz SR7012's Audyssey setup.

What happens now is, that I'm having great and insane bass and I'm seriously happy with it - the only problem is the clipping and I don't know where it's coming from.

Watching Kong: Skull Island as example - The Inuke's clipping lights light up within the first 3 minutes of the movie more than once, even when watching the movie on -20 Volume. The strange part is, that the lights below the clipping lights DON'T light up. Sometimes it's just one light, sometimes two, sometimes even none - yet the red light lights up during some scenes.

What could the issue be? I didn't set a limiter. I'm using a HPF at 18 Hz following LTD02's guide. Except the -12 dB gain in the inuke's settings and the -12 dB on the AVR I didn't change anything in comparison to his settings.

I hope someone's able to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2019, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone who might be able to help? Or is this the wrong sub forum and I'd be better off at the DIY section?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
Anyone who might be able to help? Or is this the wrong sub forum and I'd be better off at the DIY section?
definitely move it to the DIY section. Some of those guys know the Inukes inside and out.

TV: Samsung 65NU8000/ Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2070/ Bluray: PS3 Slim/ Fronts: Focal Chorus 726V/ Center: Focal Chorus cc700V
Surrounds: Focal Chorus 705V
Subs: (4) sealed SI HT 18" powered by Inuke 6000 EQed with MiniDSP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2019, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwhammie View Post
definitely move it to the DIY section. Some of those guys know the Inukes inside and out.
Thank you. Will post it there as well. Is there a possibility of deleting this thread in that case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page