• 2 Post By sammi5

post #1 of 1 Old 07-23-2019, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
new GSG Audio 15" Marty

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker

After literally weeks going through all the forums here and elsewhere, watching youtube videos, reading reviews, etc. etc... analysis paralysis, I finally pulled the trigger and wanted to share my decision with others who might be looking, like I was...

my needs:

- music listening mainly
- low cost <1000$
- deep/low extension to 20hz
- large room (4000 sq ft)

My short list had the usual, HSU, PSA, rythmik, etc. I always had DIY in the corner of my mind, but the parts express DIY kits were all sealed designs.

One night I happened to be browsing CL and found a post from GSG audio. I saw their full size Marty enclosures before but thought they were too big and freight shipping would be a killer, but i went ahead and contacted them. Turns out they are local to me in socal, so pickup was an option. Kevin was super helpful and was willing to sell me a recently assembled prototype of their new 15" marty cabinet, along with a new Dayton Ultimax 15".

Long story short, i'm super happy with it. Have been testing it out this last week and it just effortlessly pours thick smooth bass all over my room. havent actually ran REW yet but to me it sounds perfectly flat all the way to the lowest notes in any of my music (bass heavy music, mainly electronic, dub, reggae, etc.). No EQ needed. It even sounds great on more acoustic music like jazz and soul, tight in transients, not muddy or boomy at all.

All in all i feel like i got an incredible deal, the box, driver, plus a used Crown amp (1100w bridged) for right around 700$.

Just wanted to put this out there as an option to those of you trying to get a lot of bang for your buck, and who might be hesitating about DIY. I got this one assembled but its 1000% worth the time to assemble one. plan on building another at my dad's place already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	854.8 KB
ID:	2593630  
nonametofame and femi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page