NX3000D Behringer not working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2019, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
NX3000D Behringer not working

I posted my concern in another thread. I thought maybe I should just start a new so I can get this figured this out as soon as possible.

I have two 10" subs wired up to the 3000 but I am unable to get Channel B to output more than 10% SPL of what I get out of Channel A. I swapped every wire to make sure it wasn't one of my 2 sub outs from my STR-1070 or one of the wires. Both subs work fine by themselves but when I try to run the NX3000D in Dual with same settings B outputs very little SPL.

Secondly, I have a $10 Nobsound 100W TPA3116D2 Amp with a 60W power supply. With the gains maxed out on both the NX3000D and Nobsound, the Nobsound is a little louder than the NX3000D. Maybe the NX3000D is a cleaner sound but does this sound right, should a 60w $10 amp beat out the 3000 on SPL?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-06-2019, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrosity View Post
I posted my concern in another thread. I thought maybe I should just start a new so I can get this figured this out as soon as possible.

I have two 10" subs wired up to the 3000 but I am unable to get Channel B to output more than 10% SPL of what I get out of Channel A. I swapped every wire to make sure it wasn't one of my 2 sub outs from my STR-1070 or one of the wires. Both subs work fine by themselves but when I try to run the NX3000D in Dual with same settings B outputs very little SPL.

Secondly, I have a $10 Nobsound 100W TPA3116D2 Amp with a 60W power supply. With the gains maxed out on both the NX3000D and Nobsound, the Nobsound is a little louder than the NX3000D. Maybe the NX3000D is a cleaner sound but does this sound right, should a 60w $10 amp beat out the 3000 on SPL?
I returned the amp and got a replacement and i am still seeing the same problem. No output on channel B... back to the drawing board, maybe i have a wire mixed up.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2019, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrosity View Post
I returned the amp and got a replacement and i am still seeing the same problem. No output on channel B... back to the drawing board, maybe i have a wire mixed up.
As one last attempt to get this working I maxed out the gain on the filter/crossover which doesn't seem to do much but then I also maxed out the Parametric EQ to 15dB at multiple frequencies throughout to 30-200hz and that 15dB on the EQ more than did it. I didn't think I needed to increase the gain on that to get the output I was looking for. I set my voltage limiter to keep it under 400w for my 400wRMS rated sub and just one or two ticks of the knob and it was limiting the output and I think the SPL was desirable... now I need a bigger sub, maybe UM18-22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page