The Tactile Response Thread for BASS :)) - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 608Likes

post #511 of 541 Old 11-29-2019, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 397 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 4406
Happy Turkey Day Guys!!!!!!

I went kinda crazy with Black Friday and bought nearly 20 4K movies (plus Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Xbox 1x ) LOL. Lots of them I’ve been wanting for a while now and just couldn’t pass them up with some for $7, 9, & 12 dollars a piece Also, pretty sad that some of the 4K movies I just bought not too long ago for ~$29, could have been had for about $12 today. Oh well I guess, that’s what you get for having to have them RIGHT NOW lol. Can’t wait to watch them all with BEQ!!!

Oh yeah also, bought another BK amp as well (BK10004a) in the classifieds the other day (thank you @keeper !!). I love them and since they don’t make them anymore it seems, I snatched it up to add to my other 4 LOL. Either for backup or to add more BK LFE’s ….or maybe split my 4 BKs that are currently running on one BK amp back to 2 per one amp for a LOT more watts. BUT, even the ~250w a piece they are getting now on just one BK amp seems to be awesome with nothing lost, surprisingly.

Watched a couple movies over the last couple nights. I didn’t mess with any time stamps on these but watched the first Thor (I’m going through all the MCU’s in order) and the ULF is insane and just SOOOO cool in a lot of areas. One part in particular where they are in Asgard just talking etc, there is just an AWESOME feeling ULF weight and wobble. Not like wobbling you silly, but enough to make you feel pretty darn uneasy and funky, as its ongoing and just adds such an awesome tension type feeling. This happens in more than one scene too, several it seemed actually at this intensity level (looks like it’s a lighter colored ~15hz on the heatmap). This is with BEQ of course.

Spoiler!

Oh yeah, watched the newest Hellboy (2019) too (BEQ’d) and what a bunch of AWESOME feeling ULF, WOWZERS!!!! Fantastic PQ and Atmos too. Check it out if you guys haven’t already for some awesome ULF TR. Crazy movie, but the ULF and effects are crazy fun!! I am becoming SOOO ADDICTED to ULF. Ive always loved it, but just can’t be without these days. It just transforms these movies in such an awesome and almost un-describable way. And yes, BEQ is making it possible on NEARLY ALL movies. So freaking cool that you can get this feel on pretty much every one of them these days!!!!!!!! BEQ for the win, YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

Spoiler!

So, one thing I wanted to talk about a little bit besides just TR, ULF TR in particular (LF too though) is the weight and pressure that accompanies the TR that we all love so much. I find that a nice amount of it really helps with the realistic and intense feel in addition to just the TR, giving it a stronger sense of impending doom and/or uneasiness, and just affects you more strongly overall. I actually increased the LS the other day that I have on my sealed 18’s that are on my side walls about 2 db more and my VNF about 1db more. I run a LS on both these sub locations at 20hz that lifts up the low end more, that gradually starts the rise about 24hz or so and keeps rising the lower it goes. Made a VERY notable diff in bigger, fuller and more powerful feeling ULF. Awesome stuff and is easy to do if you run multiple subs, especially in different locations, as each location gives a different type of weight and TR feel. It’s pretty cool to mess with real time and feel the difference. I do think you can get too much weight and pressure as well, at least for my tastes, but can be tailored easily for your preferences and balanced ratio feel. I like more TR than weight and pressure, but still feels balanced to me. Some folks like more weight than TR, like MKtheater for example.

Anyway, just wanted to share some thoughts and mention that. It might be something some of you guys may want to mess with in addition to your TR if you have the capability. This can make quite a diff and is a big part of getting the most realistic experience possible and is just as important as the TR itself for most frequencies IMO. Also, I find having enough bass fullness, weight and pressure can help cut down on artificial feel of just mainly having "a ton TR only" as well.

Cheers and Happy Holidays all!!
keeper, Nalleh and Kevnmin like this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD

Last edited by SBuger; 11-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 541 Old 11-30-2019, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Overlord, first 10 minutes or so …. ( @paulst and @lizrussspike ) Jeeeeeez …you guys were right, it’s INSANE!!!!!! Pretty darn loud film too, Aron was right on the recommended MV adjustment. Feels like your right there in the middle of it all experiencing it for real ...that's some craziness right there!!!!

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #513 of 541 Old 12-01-2019, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Loving some TR here, but I have a question. What do you guys recommend?

I have 1 subwoofer, the rythmik fv15hp directly behind my couch with the woofer pointed at MLP at 2" from the couch. Is this Near field or very near field? I'm using Dirac on my Arcam, is it better because of the near field placement not to correct the measured curve or just let Dirac do his thing?
SBuger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 541 Old 12-01-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
2” would be VNF. You have your fv15 in the max extension mode with 1 port plug right? Regarding your Dirac question, can you turn Dirac on and off to compare and see which one you prefer?
SBuger likes this.
post #515 of 541 Old 12-01-2019, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarteli View Post
Loving some TR here, but I have a question. What do you guys recommend?

I have 1 subwoofer, the rythmik fv15hp directly behind my couch with the woofer pointed at MLP at 2" from the couch. Is this Near field or very near field? I'm using Dirac on my Arcam, is it better because of the near field placement not to correct the measured curve or just let Dirac do his thing?
Yep, Tvuong’s right, definitely VNF. Cool with the FV15HP!!! That sub gave me some of my first VNF experiences and I loved it!!! It spoiled me and gave me a taste of what’s possible when a sub that digs deep is placed right directly behind the seat.

I would say yes, run Dirac on it to take care of any peaks in FR you may have from it. You’ll lose some TR and slam in that area, but otherwise can be hard on the ears and sound boomy. I had a huge 45hz peak in my downstairs setup where I ran the FV15 behind my seat that I much preferred cut. Yes, lost some TR in that area like I was saying, but sounded way better and easier on the ears. You could have some dips and/or nulls as well from that location, which may be able to be boosted a bit, but another sub location to go with your VNF would be best to bring up those areas, as well as add more fullness and weight to the bass. That’s one area I find the VNFs to be lacking, is the weight and fullness compared to a sub or subs farther away. WAY more feel though. That’s a why I’m a huge fan of running both. If you can, add another FV15 up front or somewhere Far Field to help compliment the VNF. Then of course, run Dirac on them both to be EQ’d as one. The two together can be a pretty awesome package for big bass, Slam and TR on their own!!!

post #516 of 541 Old 12-01-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Yep, Tvuong’s right, definitely VNF. Cool with the FV15HP!!! That sub gave me some of my first VNF experiences and I loved it!!! It spoiled me and gave me a taste of what’s possible when a sub that digs deep is placed right directly behind the seat.

I would say yes, run Dirac on it to take care of any peaks in FR you may have from it. You’ll lose some TR and slam in that area, but otherwise can be hard on the ears and sound boomy. I had a huge 45hz peak in my downstairs setup where I ran the FV15 behind my seat that I much preferred cut. Yes, lost some TR in that area like I was saying, but sounded way better and easier on the ears. You could have some dips and/or nulls as well from that location, which may be able to be boosted a bit, but another sub location to go with your VNF would be best to bring up those areas, as well as add more fullness and weight to the bass. That’s one area I find the VNFs to be lacking, is the weight and fullness compared to a sub or subs farther away. WAY more feel though. That’s a why I’m a huge fan of running both. If you can, add another FV15 up front or somewhere Far Field to help compliment the VNF. Then of course, run Dirac on them both to be EQ’d as one. The two together can be a pretty awesome package for big bass, Slam and TR on their own!!!
SBuger, thank you for response.

I was thinking about to build a BOSS, but now I think maybe it will be better to add another sub in front.....

I tried the Rythmik in front but the roommode made it almost if it was not there..... measurements confirmed that.

Adding a sub in front with a sub in back will this be different?

You are saving EQ them as one, is that possible?
Dirac doesn't do 2 subs right? So the corrected curve is send to both subs. How does that work?

My room is not big, 14 feet by 10 feet.
post #517 of 541 Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I was thinking about to build a BOSS, but now I think maybe it will be better to add another sub in front.....
No no, try BOTH: front and back FV15hps + BOSS

Quote:
I tried the Rythmik in front but the roommode made it almost if it was not there..... measurements confirmed that.

Adding a sub in front with a sub in back will this be different?

You are saving EQ them as one, is that possible?
Dirac doesn't do 2 subs right? So the corrected curve is send to both subs. How does that work?
Adding another FV15hp in front more likely improves your FR, SQ and output. IIRC, Dirac only EQs 1 sub, unless Dirac owners know how to get a round this with multiple subs, I guess you run Dirac on one sub and then just physically add another sub in after all. Rythmik sub does not add any additional delay to the sub, so this might work.
SBuger likes this.
post #518 of 541 Old 12-02-2019, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ +1, run all three …Farfield, Very Near Field & BOSS for the best each has to offer . Also, yep adding another FV up front somewhere will likely help improve your FR, SQ and output just like he said.

So, what we are saying is, yes ultimately the two sub locations will be EQ’d as one, meaning working together to make up the final FR when they are combined.

Depending on your room (unless maybe it’s the greatest room ever with perfect dimensions, treatments, seat location etc), no one sub location will give you the perfect FR without probably at least a little bit of PEQ/correction. This is where multiple sub locations come in.

The VNF behind your seat is what it is for FR. Yes, you can cut the peaks down to flat and tyen boost the dips a little, but other than that, you’re stuck with it. Still, hopefully it’s pretty decent in most areas and still delivers what we want it for, which is Slam and TR from Particle Velocity from the drivers and/or ports if it’s a ported sub being so close to our seat backs. Then use the other sub location or locations to help fill in the dips or nulls on your VNF, as well as help add overall to the SPL, plus weight, bass fullness of sound and all that jazz.

If you add another sub FarField, it doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be up front if the FR it is horrible on it. Maybe you’d get a better response from it on your side walls for example. Try to find the best location for the FF sub or subs, or at least ones that works well with your VNF to give you a nice combined FR. That’s what we mean by EQ’d as one. You can EQ each location individually and optimize that location, like bring down the peaks for example, but then EQ them all as one for the final combined FR. Make sense?

That said, I’ve never messed with Dirac at all and don’t know much about it. I did mine with all subs on one sub out (bringing down the peaks on each sub location, and time aligning them to one another with the minidsp), then have Audyssey XT 32 put the finishing touches on it basically. I’m sure you can accomplish the same thing with Dirac, maybe even better. There are a lot of sub integration tutorials around here for the basics and probably a place on here as well to get the help you need with Dirac as well.

Hope this helps clear some of that up.

post #519 of 541 Old 12-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Thanx guys, really helpful stuff.
SBuger likes this.
post #520 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 795
I have two seperate boss mini risers sitting under 4 HT seats. The problem I have is that when I am in the theater alone, the left two seats vibrate all over the damn place on some really rumbly scenes and it can get distracting. I don't want to have to go and unplug the two subs on that side because the minute I do, the wife will want to come in and watch with me, then I will have to hook everything back up again. I plan to get a Mini DSP by the end of the year, but for now, I have the BOSS going into my Outlaw amp and it's tucked away behind my receiver, so a bit difficult to get back to it easily. I am actually thinking about bringing two 50 pound dumbells into the theater and placing on the empty seats to see if that will keep things calm for now... Love my BOSS!
SBuger and Kevnmin like this.
post #521 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^ @m0j0 – I hear ya man, on real heavy duty material (like when Aquaman goes down to get the spear and fights the sea monster and some areas in GKOTM for example) my outside seats of the MPL when I’m by myself, just go nutz and is annoying. I’m thinking about doing the same thing with a big 50lb or heavier dumbbell in those seats with no one in them or maybe even a 45lb plate will do the trick. If not, I think I’m gonna turn off the BKs on the outside seats and turn the ones on the MLP up more to compensate. Maybe do both if I have to since I’m usually the only one in the HT most of the time anyway. Either that or just put EVERYTHING (at least the MAs and BKs) on my seat only
m0j0, lizrussspike, Nalleh and 1 others like this.

post #522 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1943
like a rocket @SBuger!
m0j0 and SBuger like this.
post #523 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I too add weight to the couch. If watching alone I sit in the middle and place a 50 lb plate on both seats either side of me. Its the only way to keep the couch from jittering itself apart.
m0j0 and SBuger like this.

Sony 75X940E, Denon X6200w, Sony X700, Roku Ultra, MiniDSP 2x4HD
Parasound (2x)HCA-855a, HCA-750a, Sony ES4300, BKA-1000 & -300
Mission 705a L&R, dual 70c3 C, 703 SL&SR, 705 BL&BR, (4x)Yamaha NSIC800 Atmos
LFE- Front: M&K MX-200 & MX-150THX; Rear: (2x)M&K V-75's
ULF- Bk LFE(4x) & Advance + Aura shakers(2x) + Mini-riser BOSS(8x12" JBL's)
post #524 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 413
I’m in High Point, NC. Anyone close that wants to offer a demo of a great TR experience? I have a small multipurpose room and I am pretty darn happy with it. I am sooo interested in discovering what I’m missing. 🤷🏾*♂️

My Media Room
AVR 1-Yamaha RX-A3050 (7.2.4), AVR 2 Pioneer VSX-815-K(Used for 4ch Amp TF+TR)
Mains-Polk Audio RTi8, Center-Polk Audio CSi5, Surrounds-Polk Audio RTi4, Ceilings-Micca M-8C, Sub 1- UM18-22 (4cu.ft DIY) - iNuke 6000DSP, Sub 2-Klipsch RW12D
Projector-BenQ 3550 4K, Screen-110" Silver Ticket STR-169110, TV-Vizio P-65 4K
post #525 of 541 Old 12-03-2019, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevnmin View Post
I too add weight to the couch. If watching alone I sit in the middle and place a 50 lb plate on both seats either side of me. Its the only way to keep the couch from jittering itself apart.
NICE!!! Yep, thats what happens when you start getting that kind of TR fire power LOL
Kevnmin likes this.

post #526 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'd like to submit a clip for Post 2:

Live Free or Die Hard
11:00 - 17:33 - Apartment Gun Fight.

I watched this clip last night as demo material and wow, does it bring the TR might! Each gunshot has so much heft behind it. Was absolutely floored after watching this clip with my new BOSS setup.
m0j0, SBuger and OJ Bartley like this.

My Cozy HT: Benq 2050HT ; Silver Ticket 115" 2.35 ; Full Marty Sub ; BOSS w/4 JBL's ; Definitive Technology Bookshelves 7 Channels ; iNuke 3000DSP ; HP Chromebox running Kodi w/Scopenox for CIH; Plex Media Server w/30 TB of media
post #527 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Thanks for sharing. Will definitely check it out. Look quite bright

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LFDH.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	2649326  
SBuger likes this.
post #528 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevnmin View Post

I added some 45 pound dumbells to the empty seats on the left side of my room and that helped a lot! I ran the cataclyst scene from Ready Player One and didn't detect any unwanted noises coming from those seats, so definitely a good solution. However, my wife came in and asked me why I had weights in the chairs...
SBuger and Kevnmin like this.
post #529 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontalley View Post
I’m in High Point, NC. Anyone close that wants to offer a demo of a great TR experience? I have a small multipurpose room and I am pretty darn happy with it. I am sooo interested in discovering what I’m missing. 🤷🏾*♂️
I'm in Charlotte, NC. If you're ever this way let me know.
rontalley likes this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #530 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Will Do!

Note to self: Stay off of the TR Thread for BASS and don't look no further into this BOSS thing...

Self: BOSS thing...BOSS thing...Hmm...
SBuger likes this.

My Media Room
AVR 1-Yamaha RX-A3050 (7.2.4), AVR 2 Pioneer VSX-815-K(Used for 4ch Amp TF+TR)
Mains-Polk Audio RTi8, Center-Polk Audio CSi5, Surrounds-Polk Audio RTi4, Ceilings-Micca M-8C, Sub 1- UM18-22 (4cu.ft DIY) - iNuke 6000DSP, Sub 2-Klipsch RW12D
Projector-BenQ 3550 4K, Screen-110" Silver Ticket STR-169110, TV-Vizio P-65 4K
post #531 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ yep if you don't stay off some of these threads, its inevitable ...your DOOMED!!!! LOL

post #532 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@PakZX3 – thanks for the TS submission …added!! Thanks for posting the graph, Tony. I’d like to have the Heatmaps and PVA graphs as well, if they are available to go along with the Time Stamps

post #533 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ You are welcome, Bud. I want to mention that all the heatmaps I posted are from our Beq ninja Aron. Thanks @aron7awol , hope you don't mind.
SBuger likes this.
post #534 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ Thanks for sharing. Will definitely check it out. Look quite bright

Not nearly as bright as between 1:45:00 & 2:00:00, which is the jet/semi bridge scene. That looks like a ton of fun that I'm going to have to try tonight.
SBuger likes this.

My Cozy HT: Benq 2050HT ; Silver Ticket 115" 2.35 ; Full Marty Sub ; BOSS w/4 JBL's ; Definitive Technology Bookshelves 7 Channels ; iNuke 3000DSP ; HP Chromebox running Kodi w/Scopenox for CIH; Plex Media Server w/30 TB of media
post #535 of 541 Old 12-04-2019, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ You are welcome, Bud. I want to mention that all the heatmaps I posted are from our Beq ninja Aron. Thanks @aron7awol , hope you don't mind.
Yep , for sure!!! I asked him about it to make sure he was cool with it. He gave it a LIKE, so I guess he was So yeah, BIG props to our BEQ ninja for the graphs and all he does!!!!!!!!!!
Kevnmin likes this.

post #536 of 541 Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
Liked: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontalley View Post
Will Do!

Note to self: Stay off of the TR Thread for BASS and don't look no further into this BOSS thing...

Self: BOSS thing...BOSS thing...Hmm...
Just so you know I do not have BOSS. I have crowsons in my system.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120 inch screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M (x4) | Funk Audio subs (x2) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson D-501/Shadow-8 Actuators (x2) | Monster Power Conditioner | GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8
post #537 of 541 Old 12-05-2019, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Aquaman (UHD Atmos)

Ok guys, I’m back with more Bass and TR ‘Time Stamps’ for post 2, with BEQ of course!!!

I’ve got two different movies for TS's but will start with Aquaman first, as I feel it’s about as RUTHLESS and freakin’ AWESOME as they come when it comes to ULF that will wobble you silly and just shake and pounds you like crazy across the board. YIKES SCOOBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole movie with BEQ (probably even without BEQ, just with less low end) is gonna be hard to top and one of the absolute best IMO. Like OMG WOW GOOD!!!!!!! You can pretty much go anywhere and get some of the best feeling TR and Bass slam ever, but I’ll try not to cover every one of them. I’ll start from the beginning. Be sure to select the Atmos track from the disc, as it defaults to DTS-MA instead and feels different.

When this movie starts out, you feel some awesome ULF right off the bat a few seconds in and you know you’re in for some great stuff

6:11 – First big hit where the side wall of the house explodes before the dudes come in. This is when you really know this movie is NOT messing around when it comes to the bass . I absolutely love the feel of this. Gigantic hit that is just so, big, full and layered with awesome feeling TR. This one scared the crap out of me first time I saw it and kinda still does, even though I know its coming when the dog is barking LOL

6:19 – Shortly following this is an AMAZING MidBass drop that can REALLY be felt in the chest cavity from the VNFs. This is pure MidBass chest feel here. I know because I muted the MAs, BOSS, and BK LFEs (the BKs can really can give a certain type of feel in the chest (not true chest slam) as well in the 12-30hz region and is one of the reasons I LOVE them so much. So ,after muting these TR devices, it was subs only since I start rolling off my other TR devices between 30-40hz to make sure it’s true MidBass being felt in the chest. HOLY CRAPOLA ….feels awesome in the chest cavity!!! Kinda sharp and almost hurts in such a good way. THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I’LL ALWAYS RUN A VNF BEHIND ME. I haven’t found anything else that can give this extreme awesome feel in the chest in the 45-80hz region. Try this one out guys and see if your MB chest hitting power is up to par.

7:12 – when Aqua’s mom jacks those dudes with here spear. GAWD ….hurts sooooo good LOL. BRUTAL and feels so awesome!!!!!!! This is a great example of being able to feel it internally in your chest area from the BK LFE’s in that wheelhouse of theirs. Other TR devices can do it too, but I’ve found NO other can do it nearly this well!!!

9:10 to 11:35 – The Aquarium
This may be my most played demo scene as it’s just SO AWESOME in so many ways and covers the frequency range so well. From crazy ULF to LF and MB. This TS starts a little after Aqua man’s mom dives off the peer and goes all the way to the ride out to the submarine. Actually, it’s fun to play from the very start of the movie to the end of this TS.

9:40 – 9:51 With in this Time Stamp up above, this one starts from within the aquarium looking out at all the people (mainly kids). Such an amazing ULF feel here with awesome Wobble, Weight and Pressure. IMO, what am absolute perfect place for ULF when the shots are from within the Aquarium underwater looking out. It just gives such an amazing and realistic feel and just feels SO powerful. Holy Crap, its great but is only a taste of what’s to come for ULF in the Aquarium TS. It’s just getting warmed up!!!! LOL

10:00 – Shortly after, 2 slams of little Aquaman into the glass from the bullies. Just feels killer!! Big, full and sharp. But again, its just getting g warmed up for what’s coming next LOL.

10:06, 10:11 and 10:15 – When the huge shark keeps slamming into the glass over and over. GAWD!!!!! I Absolutely love these hits. Hardcore feeling stuff right here and is frightening

10:50 – Shortly after young Aqua opens his eyes, when the journey starts up through the fish up to where all the fish spell AQUAMAN, just feel SOOOOOO amazing in a unique kind of way. It’s hard to describe but is kind of like a feeling of pure euphoria with the weight and awesome feeli g TR. It just feels so cool and powerful in way that’s hard to describe in combo with the soundtrack and visuals. It’s almost hypnotic feeling in a cool way. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! Now this is one I could put on loop and play it over and over, almost making me feel like I’m on a killer high from drugs or something Hahahahaha.

11:10 to 11:35 – The ride out to the sub in the little ship ….MAJOR AWESOME ULF by the truckload!!!!! What a killer ending to this Time Stamp Clip!!!! This one is just SO super strong and awesome feeling for ULF. This may just be my absolute favorite ongoing ULF passage ever, possibly only second to that KILLER ULF passage in the movie “IT” that I gave the Time Stamp on not too long ago (when the kids are walking down the tunnel). This one is 12hz strong as well but has what looks to be 3-4hz mixed in there as well even stronger (check out the Heatmap down below). Then of course, ULF in between these areas as well that aren’t quite as strong but add to it. This one seriously brings the WEIGHT, PRESSURE and WOBBLE!!!!! Just so FAT, and super cool feeling Wobble. Check it out with BEQ guys if you’ve got a good ULF TR and Bass rig!! You won’t be disappointed!!!!!! Its so fun and also well let you make sure it is running up to par in the ULF department.

46:48 – 47:05 - When part of the story is being told to Mera and Aquaman by Nuidis. When they go through the city ….HOLY CRAPOLA!!!!!! Its Hottest in the 18-35hz area on the Heatmap, and just WOWZERS!!!! MEGA Bass Slam and TR that is just ridiculous and so satisfying!!!

47:00 to 50:10 - First Battle underwater in the old sunken ship
Killer demo with LOTs of standout moments I listed down below.

47:07 – When the 3 of them get interrupted with the massive explosion. GAWD ….the bass and TR is so strong that it hurts ….hurts so good that is!!!!! Hahahaha. This one scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it, and still does even though I know its coming!!!

49:18 – Sick bass drop with TR galore!!!

49:32 – Some more killer feeling TR here.

49:52 – The punch ….JEEZ this one hurts so good too. Ultra-intense Slam and TR on this one.

50:10 – Within this same Time Stamp, shortly after the punch, the dude Aquaman is fighting jumps down to where Aquaman is at after that huge punch sent him flying. When he lands …. More mega Slam and TR. This is the kind of Bass and TR mega hits I crave!!!!

1:08:24 to 1:08:44 – Inside the Whale
MEGA ULF …check out the Heatmap for a visual …really hot in between 10-20hz. This one feels wicked cool and powerful!!!!

1:50:18 to 1:51:38 - Fighting the Sea Monster!
This one is just BRUTAL!!!! MASSIVE amounts of bass across the band. This one is about as insane as it gets IMO. I only listened to all these Time Stamps at -20mv today because my seats probably can’t take anymore TR on this TS than this one without with some weight in the outside unoccupied seats on both side of me. I’m gonna pick up a couple 45lbs plates or dumbbells like @m0j0 and @Kevnmin did before running this one up anymore. If I take this one any higher before adding some weight with no one in the seats, they may just explode into pieces form all the TR!!! LOL

1:51:24 – Ok to wrap things up, one last TS within the last TS up above. The most BRUTAL part I believe for TR. This one really feels like it’s hurting my insides it’s so intense. That hurt so good thing again but this one starts causing me some panic because its ongoing and doesn’t let up for a while!!!!! LOL.

Ok guys, that may have seemed a little overboard on the descriptions, even for me LOL, but is honestly how I feel about this one. It’s definitely one of the best of the best for a crazy TR and Bass experience and is one of many reasons that I run all the TR gear I do. Movie material like this is pure gold!!!!!

This was a long post with a LOT of Time Stamps but felt this Aquaman movie deserves it!!!

PVA and Heatmap:

BassEQ Aquaman (2018) Atmos / DD+ Atmos

m0j0, Nalleh and Kevnmin like this.

post #538 of 541 Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Aquaman (UHD Atmos)

Ok guys, I’m back with more Bass and TR ‘Time Stamps’ for post 2, with BEQ of course!!!
Oh man, I've forgotten all about this one. Last time I que'd this up was back in mid August doing some demo's for family in town. This was just after I picked up my first BK's so only running one LFE, one Advance & 6 JBL's in the BOSS. It was awesome then! I remember each and every one of those hits .
But now, more LFE's on the platform & two more JBL's, woo-hoo.... got to spin this one up again for sure!
SBuger likes this.

Sony 75X940E, Denon X6200w, Sony X700, Roku Ultra, MiniDSP 2x4HD
Parasound (2x)HCA-855a, HCA-750a, Sony ES4300, BKA-1000 & -300
Mission 705a L&R, dual 70c3 C, 703 SL&SR, 705 BL&BR, (4x)Yamaha NSIC800 Atmos
LFE- Front: M&K MX-200 & MX-150THX; Rear: (2x)M&K V-75's
ULF- Bk LFE(4x) & Advance + Aura shakers(2x) + Mini-riser BOSS(8x12" JBL's)
post #539 of 541 Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Spiderman: Far From Home (UHD Atmos)

Another here for the Time Stamp section. This one is maybe not quite as vicious in its active areas as Aquaman that I just did TS’s for up above, but still it’s pretty darn killer in a lot of areas and VERY demo worthy on handful of clips. Surprised me, I wasn’t expecting the bass to be quite this spectacular when I watched it the other day. Atmos too!! But ya know, with BEQ these days combined with a pretty good ULF and TR setup, most decent action movies have a least a few scenes that just REALLY bring it. And this one sure did in spades!!!

Fun movie, even though maybe a bit too teenie bopper’ish struck by the young love bug thing at times, but still had some funny parts and a fun ride with the BEQ, awesome PQ and FANTASTIC Atmos track, it was well worth the watch!!!

Yee-haw ….on with TS’s then

19:30 to 25:00 – The Water Giant
Super fun demo clip with some killer bass and TR …. seriously WOW!!! Like almost non-stop with awesome ULF, LF and MB. I’ll give a few highlights within this TS down below. Starts out with a real cool taste of ULF from something moving in the water and builds from there.

20:11
– Huge Water Explosion. Pretty killer bass and TR here!!!

22:11 – Another huge and awesome feeling bass and TR hit. Gives that awesome sharp feel in the chest and gut area I love so much with some huge low end too!!!

24:00 – Now for the showstopper. Peter Parker hits his heads on the giant bell and HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!! . Talk about a MEGA transient!!! Its hit you so hard and so quick, it’s INSANE. Reminded me a lot of those two shots fired upwards in John Wick 3. There is another great one too, although not quite as insane about 6 seconds later as well form another head bell hit LOL. The Bass and TR was so insane and shocking in this scene that I probably played it 10-15 times in a row LOL. CRAZY Bass and TR and just has that OMG what the hell just hit me factor x10!!!!

24:37 – Parker catches this giant falling steeple part of the building with his webbing before it crashes to the ground. MEGA ULF huge Bass and TR feel, like right up there the very best I’ve felt. Yeah buddy, check it out ya’ll

1:17:40 to 1:21:00 – The Illusion
This one is mainly about the SUROUND and ATMOS, but has a few awesome Bass and TR moments as well mixed in. WOWZERS ….what a killer use of surround and Atmos effect, like x10 as well. Seriously, it’s one of the best and most active I’ve heard it used on disc yet I think. Like right up there with “Another Life “(on Netflix) use of Atmos in the last couple episodes. @Nalleh knows what I’m talking about here on AL!!! So, within this TS at 1:20:14, a giant fist slams down and is pretty killer for TR!!!

1:22:03 – MEGA 18-26hz hit from a train. Scary good!!!!!!!

01:31:01-03 up to about 1:31:14 – KILLER feeling HUGE 8-11hz ULF wobble and power!!!! This section feels so darn amazing!!!!!! Gotta love that ULF and what it brings to all these films

^^^So, that kind of starts the last 20-30 ending battle scene and is pretty darn cool in a LOT of areas. It’s not non-stop but has super cool Atmos and Bass effect spread out through it with some amazing ULF and a few MEGA hits here and there and will try to mention a few down below. Also, I'd just like to mention that that use of ULF throughout in various areas just adds so much realism to this whole battle scene with some of the things that go on. Big full bodied weight and wobble just adds such sense of something very BIG and POWERFUL is happening and is just not the same without it. Ive been thoroughly enjoying this on lots of movies lately and would no be possible without BEQ, or at least not without running a MEGA rising house curve on the low end. The Beauty of BEQ though is it's tailored for each movie to get it just right. I mean, you gotta set you system up before so its optimized and consistent, but then, its game on with BEQ and all these movies MAJOR PROPS TO OUR BEQ TEAM over in that awesome thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:41:50 – 56 – More awesome ULF wobble!!

1:42:20 – MEGA hit on the bridge!!! JEEZ …. Scary Bass and TR here!!! No wonder, you can see where its lit up pretty good on the Heatmap.

1:44:47 – Where the drones are trying to blast their way in. Super cool and powerful bass and TR in this area!!! This TS is the most powerful hit in. this area IIRC, but there are several before it that are way cool combined with some AWESOME rear channel activity. It really sounds and feels like those drones are trying to blast their way into the room coming from behind you when the camera is showing everyone’s expressions. SUPER COOL, I love this kind of effect from rear surround.

1:46:20 – WHOAH!!!! Killer TR and Bass here with Spidy’s mid-air somersault move!!!! Just WOWZERS!!!!

PVA and Heatmap:

BassEQ Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) Atmos / DD+ Atmos

m0j0, SuperFist and Nalleh like this.

Last edited by SBuger; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
post #540 of 541 Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Quoted: 2708 Post(s)
Liked: 3700
Awsome rewievs, @SBuger I was waiting for Aquaman, LOL !
SBuger likes this.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 12xJBL 12" w/6xSLAPS M12 downfiring VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers