The Tactile Response Thread for BASS :)) - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6763Likes

post #1501 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have to find a way to control the high frequencies CHEAP

I also have a set of AURA PRO bass shakers/buttkickers/ tactile transducers

Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer

https://www.parts-express.com/aura-a...ducer--299-028

on the heavily modified gaming/HOTAS chair

IKEA MARKUS

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50261151/

powered by a

SMSL SA-98E HiFi Amplifier TDA7498E 160Wx2 Power Amplifier Digital Stereo Audio Mini Amp

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Running on the gaming PC Window 10, but the issue is ALL the sounds are coming to the AURAS.

Is there an easy solution please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked: 5886
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
Added a 2nd BOSSBack to the setup last night (His and Hers). Took a lot more pics this time, especially on the inside of the seat after cutting the hole.
Quote:
Upgraded my manual stops to plywood and they work very well!
Quote:
I decided to experiment again with the ISOs on my HBD. I bought the 2 inch tall version (shorter than the standard 2.5 inch on the normal BOSS). I am only using 2 ISOs currently per platform, one in the back near the center line and one in the front near the center line, a few inches from each edge. I switched both to the shorter ISOs and noted that the back ISO was touching but the front ISO was not. This seems to be due to all the extra weight I have on the back of the chair (BKs plus BB). So, I kept the 2 inch ISO in the back and changed the front one back to the 2.5 inch one. I sat down and right away It felt right, with a nice bounce and somewhat of a front to back rocking motion. I put in Ready Player One and the feel was incredible! Great, natural TR with outstanding wobble! When Kong was building jumping and slamming things and causing the bridge to collapse, I was totally amazed! Best I have ever felt that scene EVER!
Great stuff!!

Awesome on another BB (his and hers, cool!) . Thanks for posting all these pics. That really helps show what's going on inside that seatback.

I ordered two more JBLs for two more BB's the other day.

Yeah my platform in the back has more weight as well with the BB and BKs with their mounts, as well as being reclined. Ive got iso's spaced across the 8' wide platform ( 4 in front and 4in the back). With all seats empty, in the front they are just barely touching the platform, but in the back I'd have to really tug on them to get them out. Also, mine has a bit of a front to back rocking motion too. If I set in the seat and move my head like I'm head banging or something, I get some of that front to back rock. It'll wiggle side to side, but doesn't really rock. At least not in the middle seat.
m0j0 likes this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.1.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | 120" 16:9 AT Screen | Oppo203 | XB1X | ATV4K | 3x 18" Subs | MegaHoverBOSS w/6x JBL12s HB + 3x 18s CLHB | MegaBossBack w/3x JBL12s BB + 3x BK LFEs MBK | 4x BK LFEs CLBK | 6x Crowson MAs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #1503 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 398
My TR settings

LPF for LFE in AVR: 120Hz

Filter to flatten amp rolloff applied to all devices exept BB

HoverBoss (8x JBL 12's)
NHS @ 80Hz/-10dB/Q0.7
LS @ 10Hz/+6dB/Q0.5
LPF @ 10Hz BW6
In Phase (not inverted)

Cantilevered HoverBoss (2x UM18's)
NHS @ 80Hz -10dB Q0.7
LPF @ 10Hz BW6
In Phase (not inverted)

Sealed BossBack (3x JBL 12's, 1 pr seat)
LS @ 16Hz/+3dB/Q0.8
LS @ 30Hz/+7dB/Q0.8
NHS @ 50Hz/-5dB/Q0.8
LPF @ 80Hz BW12
Inverted

BK LFE's (2x mounted to the rear of main seat, will be adding 4 more for 2x pr seat)
LPF @ 40Hz BW12
LS @ 10Hz/-6dB/Q0.7 So I can boost gain more without bottoming out
Inverted
m0j0, SBuger, BP1Fanatic and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Magly; 04-12-2020 at 02:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 682 Post(s)
Quoted: 3962 Post(s)
Liked: 16352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longeze View Post
Going further, is it possible or even probable that the force vectors and work being done by the driver go out of phase routinely with the platform motion? I could envision a scenario where the weight of the platform and its occupants having gained momentum on the way down is in opposition to the drivers attempting to move the platform in the opposing direction. Eventually, things get back in synch and all is well again. Would we even notice? For the most part, my sense is that for my apparatus at least, things "seem" to be fairly well coordinated, but I can't help but wonder. I wish I had more time for instrumenting this stuff and setting up a test regime.
I've always expected platform motion to be out-of-phase with the moving mass motion and posted about it during the early BOSS days, but I haven't been able to envision a scenario as you are describing. Can you maybe give more specifics as to under what conditions you are thinking it could happen?

For non-SPL producing pure TR devices alone, one may prefer to run them so that initial platform movement is upward, but for SPL producing TR devices, it probably makes more sense in most cases to run them so that the SPL is constructive with the SPL from the subs, and let the initial platform movement be downward if that's how it ends up (and of course, align the rest of the TR devices with that). I believe in my testing in the past, the absolute phase of the TR didn't really matter much. I've had email discussions with @Nalleh about this stuff and I believe he tested and can confirm that the platform movement is out-of-phase with the moving mass, both in regular BOSS and HB cases, and I believe he also agrees that the absolute phase of the platform movement doesn't seem to matter much.

Interestingly, I posted in the Viberry thread yesterday asking Matt if vibe were capable of measuring phase and group delay for sweeps. My reason for asking mostly had to do with wanting to test my thoughts on perception of group delay in TR, but I see many other cases where that sort of data would have utility, and this is one of them.
SBuger, Longeze and Nalleh like this.

Take the Red Pill (BassEQ) BassEQ Demo Clips TR Curves
Video: Sony 85" X900F @ 80" eyes-to-screen (49.4° viewing angle)
Audio: Denon AVR-X4400H 7.2.4 Atmos
Mains: Fusion-15 LR, Fusion-8 Center, Ported Volt-10 Surrounds, Custom 45°/45° Double-Angled Ported Volt-6 Atmos
Subs: The Two Towers (HT18 32cf 11.5Hz x 2), UM18 4cf x 2, Crowson MAs x 4
post #1505 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Geez m0j0, looks like you made MOJO BOSS!
m0j0 and SBuger like this.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
post #1506 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

One of the things I am absolutely loving with this newiy implemented HB in the rig, is the ULF wobble, primarily in the single digits. I don’t think I fully understood just how truly amazing single digit wobble is until now. Yeah I’ve had it with the MA’s, but not like this. Combined with the “floatyness” of the tubes, the singles have such an insanely awesome characteristic to them (all the ULF TR does, as well as into the LF) that is just addictive!!!

I was checking out quite a lot of movie material (with BEQ as always) into the wee hours last night. There is just sooooooo much single digit delight scattered all throughout most of these movies that I never even really knew was there before (and I was getting a pretty decent amount of singles from the MAs and SR before converting it to HB). And what a tremendous difference in experience it has made!!! Singles are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

A few that I checked out again were, Rise of the Guardians (3D), Avatar 3D), Ford vs Ferrari, and Dracula (Netflix). My god, what a completely different experience with these kind of singles to go along with everything else. The singles really do complete the overall experince in such an amazing way!!!

If any of you guys haven’t checked out “Dracula” with BEQ on Netflix yet, I highly recommended if you want a single digit (and overall ULF) wobble fest used to perfection. Right off the bat in episode 1, you know you are in for an awesome ULF ride . There are just way too many killer ULF wobble scenes to talk about, but there is one section in particular that is definitely worth mentioning. It’s in the 1rst episode about ~15-20 minutes in I think (sorry I didn’t log the Time Stamp). But it’s when Dracula brings the main victim to his castle. When they are sitting at that long table talking when they fist meet each other, the singles are just so INSANELY COOL!!!!!! Ive got my HB boosted quite a bit under 10hz in my baseline TR HC and really helps with this. Crazy how much boost you can throw at this thing and it just keeps on bringing it LOL. I was messing with it some last night in this scene. Another cool thing, is that not only does it seriously bring the single digit wobble, it also pressurizes, which I think is just awesome to go along with the wobble. It can create some serious tension, especially in this scene. Plus, Dracula is just freaky as hell in this part, adding to the creepiness!!! Check out Dracula you guys, if you like these kind of shows. But heck, even if you don’t, it’s worth it for the ULF wobble fest alone LOL
carp and Nalleh like this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.1.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | 120" 16:9 AT Screen | Oppo203 | XB1X | ATV4K | 3x 18" Subs | MegaHoverBOSS w/6x JBL12s HB + 3x 18s CLHB | MegaBossBack w/3x JBL12s BB + 3x BK LFEs MBK | 4x BK LFEs CLBK | 6x Crowson MAs | MiniDSP 10x10HD

Last edited by SBuger; 02-22-2020 at 08:34 AM.
post #1507 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 735 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3710 Post(s)
Liked: 3570
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I was thinking of trying to use a 1/8" tempered panel for it since I already have a sheet of it. Think pegboard without the holes in it. One side of it is smooth so it should tape up well. I'm at really odd sizing for the tubes and with the size of mine it won't be an issue to have it as rectangles underneath. I'm hoping the 1/8" is solid enough since it's going to be against the ground.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hardboar...2777/202189720

Good idea, I found something at Home Depot last night that I think might work even better. It is 1/4 inch thick and is the same material as your link but has white board (some call it dry erase board) material on one side. I'm thinking the tape will hold better to that (as a teacher it's a real pain to get tape off a white board because it's so sticks so well). I didn't buy it yesterday because for the moment I'm knee deep in the BB project but if I'm at HD again today I'll take a picture of it. I think it was 11 bucks for a 2x4 sheet.
DesertDog and SBuger like this.
post #1508 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3050 Post(s)
Liked: 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
One of the things I am absolutely loving with this newiy implemented HB in the rig, is the ULF wobble, primarily in the single digits. I don’t think I fully understood just how truly amazing single digit wobble is until now.
Looks like we're getting back to this (from post 192):

Michael
m0j0, SBuger and Gorilla Killa like this.
post #1509 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kermit View Post
I have to find a way to control the high frequencies CHEAP
I don't know if you'll find it as easy as I do, but this is what I use for BEQ:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Michael
post #1510 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 3056
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Good idea, I found something at Home Depot last night that I think might work even better. It is 1/4 inch thick and is the same material as your link but has white board (some call it dry erase board) material on one side. I'm thinking the tape will hold better to that (as a teacher it's a real pain to get tape off a white board because it's so sticks so well). I didn't buy it yesterday because for the moment I'm knee deep in the BB project but if I'm at HD again today I'll take a picture of it. I think it was 11 bucks for a 2x4 sheet.
I saw that stuff too. I'm not sure it's worth the extra expense though over the tempered panel. The tape should stick to it as well as it should to to the whiteboard. I bought the Gorilla Glue double sided tape for it and it usually holds well. If the doesn't work I know the 3M double sided mounting tape will do the job. That stuff doesn't want to come off at all. I actually used the heavy duty version of it to secure the maple table top to the top of the box on my 24" sub. I thought it was going to be a good solution so that I could take the top off to move it around. Well, I was wrong. That thing isn't coming off now. I'll probably end up damaging the maple or the plywood if I try to crowbar it off now.
carp likes this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #1511 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 1437 Post(s)
Liked: 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Looks like we're getting back to this (from post 192):

Michael
So, are we using Jello now? I missed the memo...
SBuger likes this.
post #1512 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ Yes, jello will make all your TR dreams come true
m0j0 and Longeze like this.

post #1513 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I saw that stuff too. I'm not sure it's worth the extra expense though over the tempered panel. The tape should stick to it as well as it should to to the whiteboard. I bought the Gorilla Glue double sided tape for it and it usually holds well. If the doesn't work I know the 3M double sided mounting tape will do the job. That stuff doesn't want to come off at all. I actually used the heavy duty version of it to secure the maple table top to the top of the box on my 24" sub. I thought it was going to be a good solution so that I could take the top off to move it around. Well, I was wrong. That thing isn't coming off now. I'll probably end up damaging the maple or the plywood if I try to crowbar it off now.

I also wondered if that dry erase material would be hard on saw blades? I will need to get a 2x4 foot section of whatever i end up getting because my single tube that surrounds both drivers is wider than 2 feet so I will run the board that sits on the carpet under the tube "sideways" so that I have enough room, but 4 feet is too wide so I'll have to cut it.
post #1514 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 11:30 AM

Get them to cut it for you at HD. You don't need real precision for that, and one cut's free.
Michael
carp likes this.
post #1515 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Just finished watching The Expendables 2
Those first 15 minutes have some really good bass, probably some of the best I have experienced in a while

Highly recommend checking that out

Really good bass througout the whole movie actually
m0j0 and Nalleh like this.
post #1516 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 12:37 PM

Anyone else have a motorized HT chair that's using a BB? I just tried it out using tie down ratchet straps. It makes the chair motor very angry, in fact this last time I reclined all I get is a clicking noise when trying to bring the seat back up. I'm wondering if I put the driver lower down if it would help. I'm glad I haven't screwed in to the chair yet because unfortunately this might be a no-go.
m0j0 likes this.
post #1517 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 01:13 PM

Interesting. I've discovered the chair will work just fine as long as I am laying in it. When it didn't work before I was behind/to the side of it checking to make sure I had enough room to fully recline without the driver hitting the riser behind the chair. I just tried it again to be sure, and yep it works fine with me in it but does not work with no one in the chair.

Back in business!!
m0j0 and SBuger like this.
post #1518 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked: 2440
Im hoping this will work as well as the inner tubes. Inflates, and can run the whole riser length.

SBuger and BP1Fanatic like this.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
post #1519 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^ That might work fantastic for long runs to seal up a riser and have the tube like spring!!

post #1520 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anyone else have a motorized HT chair that's using a BB? I just tried it out using tie down ratchet straps. It makes the chair motor very angry, in fact this last time I reclined all I get is a clicking noise when trying to bring the seat back up. I'm wondering if I put the driver lower down if it would help. I'm glad I haven't screwed in to the chair yet because unfortunately this might be a no-go.
Quote:
Interesting. I've discovered the chair will work just fine as long as I am laying in it. When it didn't work before I was behind/to the side of it checking to make sure I had enough room to fully recline without the driver hitting the riser behind the chair. I just tried it again to be sure, and yep it works fine with me in it but does not work with no one in the chair.

Back in business!!
Yep, I had the same problem with the motorized HT seat and I wished I had mentioned it. The first time I tried to recline the seat with it strapped on (not setting in the seat like I always do after a change and getting the seats back on the platform), it was a no go as well. I mean it would just go a tiny bit and that's it. I thought damn, this is not gonna happen and it's going to break my chair after I had spent the time and effort getting it ready (including ordering all the crap I needed). I was bummed and pissed. So I took it off, looked it all over and put it back on. I should have got in the seat like you did, but this time I just stood behind and to the side and helped push down on the seatback and main seat cusion, and it went down thankfully. I still don't know what the problem was. It's like it was hung or something. Fortunately, all good now and sounds like yours is too. But I think it may have just barely bent one of the prongs that the seatback slides on to that locks in place though.

post #1521 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Yep, I had the same problem with the motorized HT seat and I wished I had mentioned it. The first time I tried to recline the seat with it strapped on (not setting in the seat like I always do after a change and getting the seats back on the platform), it was a no go as well. I mean it would just go a tiny bit and that's it. I thought damn, this is not gonna happen and it's going to break my chair after I had spent the time and effort getting it ready (including ordering all the crap I needed). I was bummed and pissed. So I took it off, looked it all over and put it back on. I should have got in the seat like you did, but this time I just stood behind and to the side and helped push down on the seatback and main seat cusion, and it went down thankfully. I still don't know what the problem was. It's like it was hung or something. Fortunately, all good now and sounds like yours is too. But I think it may have just barely bent one of the prongs that the seatback slides on to that locks in place though.

Looks like I will have issues after all. I screwed all the wood on so no turning back now... the problem now is everytime I recline it "pops" the prongs out of the slides - not completely but it unlocks the mechanism so that I have to push the seat back down to get it to snap in place again.

It won't do it if I recline up to half way, but if I go beyond that I hear (and feel) the "pop".

I need to figure this out, I don't think I'll be ok with not being able to recline all the way.

I haven't even played with the BB yet, at this point I'm still trying to figure out the chair issues.
post #1522 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Liked: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
What do you use to remux? I can decode and remux into 5.1 but that's not really good enough anymore.

For kicks, seriously, try taking the preout from your center channel and hooking that up to your tactile amp and running it full range and test. I did this a while back it was very interesting. Make sure you set your center to be "large" or "full range" to test.
markmon.....Thanks. I use the BEQd app that Matt developed and is used in the BEQ thread. That app not only facilitates easy loading of BEQ's into the miniDSP for post BM BEQ implementation. But, it can also be used for shaping the actual soundtrack of the music or movie to make it feel and sound the best for your system. Any LFE frequency (1-120Hz) in any of the channels of the soundtrack can be shaped depending on what each one needs. It also allows you to see the frequency content for each channel before shaping begins. And, lastly, it has an internal BM feature which can be setup to behave just like your AVR's BM so you can also shape the sub-out signal of your AVR to look exactly how you want it for your TR devices.

Basically, you can shape any of your bed channels plus the sub-out channel of your AVR in the 1-120Hz range. What makes it unique for home theater use though is being able to see the frequency content and levels of all channels in the original soundtrack before you even begin shaping each of them to meet your needs.

Here's a link to the section of the BEQd user's guide Matt published related to remux. There's a link in the first page of the BEQ thread also for the actual BEQd software download. It's free and super powerful if you'd like to experiment.

I've been shaping signals from 1-80Hz with great success for about a year now using BEQd remux. The fullness my system provides with boost in the 40-80Hz range in all channels combined with ultra low frequency TR from my BOSS devices being driven from my sub-out channel combine so nicely. I sometimes have to pinch myself it sounds so good for music and movies.

If you ever go with a HoverBOSS you will also discover the power of adding filters below 10Hz and shaping that curve exactly how you like it. The single digit wobbles is where the magic lies in most films and HoverBOSS brings the magic. Especially when you know what the movie has in that area and can shape it how you like it for your system. It's movie specific but magical when you can find those soundtracks with intended content down there. One recent example that blew my mind with sub 10Hz boost was Alien:Covenant. It amped the atmosphere so much....we were on pins and needles the entire movie with a subtle 6Hz wobble happening during most of the film.

By the way, I think I'm the only one in the world that uses BEQd remux for movies and music so it's not very popular....the learning curve is steep and some soundtracks can take awhile to shape and experiment with what feels and sounds best. You have to really enjoy this kind of stuff to justify the learning curve and time remuxing.

Enjoy!
markmon1 likes this.

Last edited by trhought; 02-22-2020 at 03:24 PM.
post #1523 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks like I will have issues after all. I screwed all the wood on so no turning back now... the problem now is everytime I recline it "pops" the prongs out of the slides - not completely but it unlocks the mechanism so that I have to push the seat back down to get it to snap in place again.

It won't do it if I recline up to half way, but if I go beyond that I hear (and feel) the "pop".

I need to figure this out, I don't think I'll be ok with not being able to recline all the way.

I haven't even played with the BB yet, at this point I'm still trying to figure out the chair issues.
Darn, I'm sure you're probably trying it on your main MLP seat right, which is different from your other seats IIRC?

Well, try it out right quick to see if you like the sensation before you spend a ton of time on it. I think you'll love it once dialed to the right levels and all that. But, most seats are different and so are peoples preferences. Those darn variables again LOL

post #1524 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Darn, I'm sure you're probably trying it on your main MLP seat right, which is different from your other seats IIRC?

Well, try it out right quick to see if you like the sensation before you spend a ton of time on it. I think you'll love it once dialed to the right levels and all that. But, most seats are different and so are peoples preferences. Those darn variables again LOL
Yes, I'm trying it only on my MLP for now.

Ha, looks like I'm going to have to live with chair issues. This is too good man, you guys were right! I think mine BB setup would feel just like yours, the only difference is that the 1/4 inch board is on the outside of my chair instead of the inside.

For movies its incredible and seems to have limitless headroom - BUT - for music it's off the charts good. I feel the punch everywhere, not just my back/chest. When I toggle on and off mute buttons on the HB, BB, Crowson, while listening to music it's not even close. The BB is my favorite. However, all 3 do add important elements. The HB is like the realistic foundation that everything else is built on. The Crowson adds the most feel to the arm rests. The BB just destroys me, end of story.

With movies HB still beats BB - but both together are perfect.

Overall if I had to keep just one I wouldn't be able to pick because BB is better for music and HB for movies. The comparisons don't really matter since I'll be using both but just thinking out loud.

I haven't sealed my HB yet so there is still room for improvement.

As far as the chair goes, I guess I'll just have to live with the issue when I fully recline and then remember to push the top of the chair back into place when I get up. Sucks but after playing with this new toy there is no way I'm giving it up.

Took a few pics today:

^ I need to hit those screw holes with a little spray paint. I thought about covering the whole area with that black spandex milliskin stuff but everyone that comes over here knows I'm crazy anyway so I think I'll leave it as is.

Listening to music as I put this post together. My god... this is what I have always wanted. So great... can't thank you guys enough.

You non music guys should try the BB for music. I'm betting you will start becoming music guys. Shelby I'm looking at you.

edit

Sorry the pics are so big, and I don't know why the 3rd one is rotated. AVS seems to randomly do that sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7910.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2688540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7919.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2688542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7921.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	712.8 KB
ID:	2688544  
m0j0, SBuger and Nalleh like this.
post #1525 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
I don't know if you'll find it as easy as I do, but this is what I use for BEQ:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Michael
Hi

If I use this would it not change ALL the levels across the PC?

I still have headphones for sound and want to listen to headphones with the AURAS at the same time.
post #1526 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 1437 Post(s)
Liked: 2313
Quote:
Yes, I'm trying it only on my MLP for now.

Ha, looks like I'm going to have to live with chair issues. This is too good man, you guys were right! I think mine BB setup would feel just like yours, the only difference is that the 1/4 inch board is on the outside of my chair instead of the inside.

For movies its incredible and seems to have limitless headroom - BUT - for music it's off the charts good. I feel the punch everywhere, not just my back/chest. When I toggle on and off mute buttons on the HB, BB, Crowson, while listening to music it's not even close. The BB is my favorite. However, all 3 do add important elements. The HB is like the realistic foundation that everything else is built on. The Crowson adds the most feel to the arm rests. The BB just destroys me, end of story.

With movies HB still beats BB - but both together are perfect.

Overall if I had to keep just one I wouldn't be able to pick because BB is better for music and HB for movies. The comparisons don't really matter since I'll be using both but just thinking out loud.

I haven't sealed my HB yet so there is still room for improvement.

As far as the chair goes, I guess I'll just have to live with the issue when I fully recline and then remember to push the top of the chair back into place when I get up. Sucks but after playing with this new toy there is no way I'm giving it up.

Took a few pics today:

^ I need to hit those screw holes with a little spray paint. I thought about covering the whole area with that black spandex milliskin stuff but everyone that comes over here knows I'm crazy anyway so I think I'll leave it as is.

Listening to music as I put this post together. My god... this is what I have always wanted. So great... can't thank you guys enough.

You non music guys should try the BB for music. I'm betting you will start becoming music guys. Shelby I'm looking at you.

edit

Sorry the pics are so big, and I don't know why the 3rd one is rotated. AVS seems to randomly do that sometimes.
Glad you’re enjoying your BB! It definitely complements the HB perfectly! However, once you try HBD you will really start to hit your systems potential!
carp and SBuger like this.
post #1527 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kermit View Post
If I use this would it not change ALL the levels across the PC? I still have headphones for sound and want to listen to headphones with the AURAS at the same time.
No, you can select the channel(s) to apply the filter(s) to.
And it's very easy to turn off (delete or rename config.txt).
It makes more sense the more you play with it.
And it's free, so what the heck.

Michael
post #1528 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@carp - AWESOME!!!!! I had a feeling you wouldn’t want to live without it once you tried it . Nice description of all running together too and what each brings.

Looks really nice too, fantastic job!! Sucks that you have motor issues when reclining, but sounds like it’s more than worth it.

So did you end up sealing it with a tube then, or no?

Also, yeah I’ll have to check out some just straight music with it. I know what music that has been in the movie soundtracks has been pretty incredible and even insane feeling. There is a club scene in 3rd ep of Dracula that checks all the boxes for me. It even has a little bit of the John Wick club scene music in there. The thing about pounds me to death if I turn it up much and will give the chest cavity a serious workout LOL
m0j0 and carp like this.

Last edited by SBuger; 02-22-2020 at 04:35 PM.
post #1529 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Glad you’re enjoying your BB! It definitely complements the HB perfectly! However, once you try HBD you will really start to hit your systems potential!
Thanks mojo - I know, I can't believe this can get better! I think I'll tackle that tomorrow. I am so not looking forward to yet again moving all my chairs and platforms but sounds like it will be well worth it! I should tape both sides of the tubes (above and below) right? That's what I did on the BB - double sided tape on both sides.
post #1530 of 4278 Old 02-22-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You may want to try some kind of counterbalance weight on the front part of the chair. That's a lot of stuff hanging off the back.
Glad you're happy with it, though.
Michael
carp and Longeze like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page