Recommendations for starter sub? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
  • 2 Post By toothboy
  • 3 Post By MIX_MASTER_ICE
  • 2 Post By RayGuy
  • 1 Post By pbz06
  • 2 Post By Chadfo
  • 1 Post By czah7

post #1 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Recommendations for starter sub?

Got some good info regarding good setups on the "Speaker" forum, but wanted to ask here strictly regarding subs.

Have mainly been leaning toward the VTF-2 MK5, but undecided. It will be used for HT and Music.

A few others that were recommended and I've seen. I think out of those the Rythmik is more on par with it, the PB1000 is priced like $77 cheaper due to shipping, but pretty sure I read it didnt really go head to head with it. The speedwoofer and PA-150 should be outclassed by the HSU, just listing ones I've seen in posts and such.

- Rythmik LV12
- Monolith 10
- SVS PB1000
- RSL Speedwoofer
- PA-150

You guys have any other recommendations? Thoughts on VTF-2 MK5 vs Rythmik LV12

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 551
I recommend a sealed sub not ported and ge the best sub you can afford because your sub plays a huge role in a good movie soundtrack. Your Sub and center channel are your two most important elements in your setup so do not skimp on either. What I ended up doling was buying one JL Fathom F112v2 and then a year later I purchased a second JL F112v2. Sorry I can't recommend anything on your list because I am not familiar enough with any of them to make a fair suggestion.

good luck

Dave-t
post #3 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
No experience with Rhythmik but they have a great reputation. They'd be on my short list if I was shopping for a new sub. I have a Hsu VTF3-MKiii that has served me well for about 10 years. It's still going strong but I upgraded to 4 18" DIY subs so it sadly doesn't get much use. Before I went DIY I was looking hard at the new VTF-3 Mk5. So I'd definitely buy Hsu again.

I think either Hsu or Rhythmik would be fine choices. Hopefully someone with first hand experiences with those particular subs you're looking at will chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-T View Post
I recommend a sealed sub not ported and ge the best sub you can afford because your sub plays a huge role in a good movie soundtrack. Your Sub and center channel are your two most important elements in your setup so do not skimp on either. What I ended up doling was buying one JL Fathom F112v2 and then a year later I purchased a second JL F112v2. Sorry I can't recommend anything on your list because I am not familiar enough with any of them to make a fair suggestion.

good luck

Dave-t
No worries, thanks for the info man. Again those are just some I have ran across. I'm open to any other suggestions for options. Thought maybe I needed ported due to my space being pretty open to other areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothboy View Post
No experience with Rhythmik but they have a great reputation. They'd be on my short list if I was shopping for a new sub. I have a Hsu VTF3-MKiii that has served me well for about 10 years. It's still going strong but I upgraded to 4 18" DIY subs so it sadly doesn't get much use. Before I went DIY I was looking hard at the new VTF-3 Mk5. So I'd definitely buy Hsu again.

I think either Hsu or Rhythmik would be fine choices. Hopefully someone with first hand experiences with those particular subs you're looking at will chime in.
Thanks, from what I've seen so far on those two people seem to like them. Dang 4 18" thats alot! lol
post #5 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
@Dim3nsion

My only suggestion is to get the best sub as possible, even if it mean increasing your budget and have to wait longer.
Cheaper in the long run. A mistake made by myself, and many other. And we just end-up, rebuying again.

Buying any of these brand, offer good subs;
Rythmik, Monolith, HSU, PSA and SVS. None of these subs are in order of preference.
Rythmik, PSA and SVS, offer excellent customer service if a problem arise. Again not in order of the best to worst.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 08-07-2019 at 06:31 PM.
post #6 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
@Dim3nsion

My only suggestion is to get the best sub as possible, even if it mean increasing your budget and have to wait longer.
Cheaper in the long run. A mistake made by myself, and many other. And we just end-up, rebuying again.
This x 1000.

First sub I bought was a crappy Yamaha. Then a crappy Polk. Then a so-so Dayton. Then a Paradigm. Then a Hsu. Then an Episode. Then a MFW-15. And now DIY 18's.

Buy a good sub first.
darthray and alwaller like this.
post #7 of 24 Old 08-07-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2630 Post(s)
Liked: 2450
Lots of information to gather before making any sort of recommendation. What is your max budget allowed for the purchase? What is the room size? Is the room sealed, or open to other areas/rooms and how big are those? What would the subwoofer be used for (more home theater or more music)? How many seating positions are in the room and are they spread around? Do you have any size limitations or restrictions? Do you plan to get two subs down the road or stick with just one? And some other questions, but those are good for openers.

Subs>RBH I-12e, I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5bs. Polk RTiA1/CSiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, MDR-V6, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31, XB22. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. SIVGA SV004. HyperX Cloud PS4. TB Stealth300. LG FH6, RK8, RK7, PK5, PH4. HK Onyx Studio4(x2).
post #8 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
@Dim3nsion

Buying any of these brand, offer good subs;
Rythmik, Monolith, HSU, PSA and SVS. None of these subs are in order of preference.
Rythmik, PSA and SVS, offer excellent customer service if a problem arise. Again not in order of the best to worst.

Darth
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not in a rush so could hold out, but I think for my needs and use something in the 5-600 range would keep me happy for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothboy View Post
This x 1000.

First sub I bought was a crappy Yamaha. Then a crappy Polk. Then a so-so Dayton. Then a Paradigm. Then a Hsu. Then an Episode. Then a MFW-15. And now DIY 18's.

Buy a good sub first.
Haha, you've went through quite a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Lots of information to gather before making any sort of recommendation. What is your max budget allowed for the purchase? What is the room size? Is the room sealed, or open to other areas/rooms and how big are those? What would the subwoofer be used for (more home theater or more music)? How many seating positions are in the room and are they spread around? Do you have any size limitations or restrictions? Do you plan to get two subs down the road or stick with just one? And some other questions, but those are good for openers.
I think I want to stay in the 5-600 range on it. First setup and I'm not that serious about everything, just decent sound for watching tv, movies, and playing some music. Room is around 18x13, open to a small dining room and also open to entry way which has ceiling opening up on that side as it goes to 2nd floor. So pretty open area. Couch is massive, but lets just say 5 seating positions. L shape setup, so spaced out. No limitations or restrictions. Most likely sticking with one sub due to space and layout.

Also, I wanted to add RBH I-12 to the list as I ran across it recently and lists as comparable to the SVS SB12-NSD.
post #9 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Or maybe I should go with a sealed sub since my room isn’t that big. I know those two can be plugged, but I’m sure it’s not the same as a true sealed.
post #10 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2710 Post(s)
Liked: 2474
The broad seating area may be problematic for even bass frequency response at all the seats with a single sub. Duals would be the better approach, but maybe you can do one now and one later? Rythmik is the better option for music listening, but still good for movies. HSU would be better for movies, but still good for music. I always fall on the music side of the equation, but, for you, that may not be the case. Either are great subs and you won't be disappointed either way.

That said, placement will be critical to getting the most from your sub investment. You will have to choose a seat or two that you cater to for best response, and the other seats will get what they get. The more placement options you have, the higher the odds of getting it right (or as right as can be expected until you get the second sub down the road).
derekmoore and spyboy like this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #11 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim3nsion View Post
I think I want to stay in the 5-600 range on it. First setup and I'm not that serious about everything, just decent sound for watching tv, movies, and playing some music. Room is around 18x13, open to a small dining room and also open to entry way which has ceiling opening up on that side as it goes to 2nd floor. So pretty open area. Couch is massive, but lets just say 5 seating positions. L shape setup, so spaced out. No limitations or restrictions. Most likely sticking with one sub due to space and layout.

Also, I wanted to add RBH I-12 to the list as I ran across it recently and lists as comparable to the SVS SB12-NSD.

How much is the I-12 you are looking at? The I-12 is pretty comparable to the PB12-NSD, not the sealed SB12-NSD. At one time I had two the PB12 and two I-12's and still have the I-12 and I-12/e. The HSU VTF-2.5 is currently $577 and that is probably your best bet to get the most sub for the money for your situation. It has the flexibility to run sealed or ported.

Your room is medium sized, figuring 8' ceilings (1872 ft^3), not counting the other open areas. With those added in, you are probably still less than 3000 ft^3, so still in the upper range of a medium sized space. Your large couch with several seating positions means it's unlikely one sub will cover all seating uniformly, which is where two subs comes into play for the benefit of smoother room response. You also need to make sure you have several options for sub placement. Doing a sub crawl will help greatly to determine the best location to place the sub. It's not always in the most convenient spot in the room, but you don't want to sacrifice performance just to put it where it may look or fit best in the room.

Subs>RBH I-12e, I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 270/235c/230/225c, Arena 130/125c. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5bs. Polk RTiA1/CSiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, MDR-V6, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31, XB22. Sennheiser HD58X, HD4.50, PC37X. SIVGA SV004. HyperX Cloud PS4. TB Stealth300. LG FH6, RK8, RK7, PK5, PH4. HK Onyx Studio4(x2).
post #12 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
The broad seating area may be problematic for even bass frequency response at all the seats with a single sub. Duals would be the better approach, but maybe you can do one now and one later? Rythmik is the better option for music listening, but still good for movies. HSU would be better for movies, but still good for music. I always fall on the music side of the equation, but, for you, that may not be the case. Either are great subs and you won't be disappointed either way.

That said, placement will be critical to getting the most from your sub investment. You will have to choose a seat or two that you cater to for best response, and the other seats will get what they get. The more placement options you have, the higher the odds of getting it right (or as right as can be expected until you get the second sub down the road).
Yeah, it would probably be awhile before I added two. I’m not too worried about everyone else when I have company haha. I mean sure it’s nice, but anything is gonna be better than the tv speakers. May add one down the road though if I get into it a lot.

Quote:
Quote:

How much is the I-12 you are looking at? The I-12 is pretty comparable to the PB12-NSD, not the sealed SB12-NSD. At one time I had two the PB12 and two I-12's and still have the I-12 and I-12/e. The HSU VTF-2.5 is currently $577 and that is probably your best bet to get the most sub for the money for your situation. It has the flexibility to run sealed or ported.

Your room is medium sized, figuring 8' ceilings (1872 ft^3), not counting the other open areas. With those added in, you are probably still less than 3000 ft^3, so still in the upper range of a medium sized space. Your large couch with several seating positions means it's unlikely one sub will cover all seating uniformly, which is where two subs comes into play for the benefit of smoother room response. You also need to make sure you have several options for sub placement. Doing a sub crawl will help greatly to determine the best location to place the sub. It's not always in the most convenient spot in the room, but you don't want to sacrifice performance just to put it where it may look or fit best in the room.
That’s true and I actually have 9ft ceilings. I saw the I-12 for $450 earlier, but now the site shows $518, so maybe that site is bogus. Right, I thought I read the SB12-NSD was really good and maybe I should hold out for it in November. Then again I was thinking the same thing the HSU can run sealed or ported, which looks like the I-12 can as well and has 3 ports.
post #13 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I recommend buying a used sub. Maybe even off this forum. You'll be able to get way more bang for your buck. I have purchased numerous used subs over the years with good experiences. I think I saw a used JL audio subwoofer on here recently close to your range and though I have never had a JL home theater sub I have used a couple in car and marine audio and love them.

EDIT. Nevermind the JL is $1500.... In my mind I was thinking $500 so sorry. Gene from Audiholics did a video review on this sub and loved it.

heres the thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...e-112-sub.html

Projector:Epson 6050ub Screen:Elite screens manual SRM Pro series 120" TV: Vizio P75f Pre/Pro:Marantz AV7705 Amplifier:Monolith 7x Speakers:Klipsch THX8000-L (LCR) R5800 side surrounds, 5650-S rear surrounds Subwoofers:PSA v1811x2 Bluray Player:Panasonic ub820 Media Streamer:Fire TV cube

Last edited by Liquid$team; 08-08-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #14 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, it would probably be awhile before I added two. I’m not too worried about everyone else when I have company haha. I mean sure it’s nice, but anything is gonna be better than the tv speakers. May add one down the road though if I get into it a lot.

That’s true and I actually have 9ft ceilings. I saw the I-12 for $450 earlier, but now the site shows $518, so maybe that site is bogus. Right, I thought I read the SB12-NSD was really good and maybe I should hold out for it in November. Then again I was thinking the same thing the HSU can run sealed or ported, which looks like the I-12 can as well and has 3 ports.

The SB12-NSD is the smaller sealed sub. Good sub, but not going to be a better option than the PB12-NSD or VTF-2.5, particularly for home theater. SVS typically has a Black Friday special on the PB12 ($499.99) and SB12 ($399.99) if you wanted to wait that long. I would still opt for the VTF-2.5 currently on sale, however.

That site you saw the I-12 on has had them for quite a while. RBH discontinued the I-12 last year and they sold for $500 new. If you proceed to the checkout at newaudiovideo.com, they also add shipping charges on top of the $518.70. Not sure if it's the same for you, but for me the cheapest shipping was $127.99, making the total $646.69, so that's a no go. The I-12 is a pretty large sub, also. It's actually wider than my HSU VTF-15H mk2.

post #15 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid$team View Post
I recommend buying a used sub. Maybe even off this forum. You'll be able to get way more bang for your buck. I have purchased numerous used subs over the years with good experiences. I think I saw a used JL audio subwoofer on here recently close to your range and though I have never had a JL home theater sub I have used a couple in car and marine audio and love them.

EDIT. Nevermind the JL is $1500.... In my mind I was thinking $500 so sorry. Gene from Audiholics did a video review on this sub and loved it.

heres the thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...e-112-sub.html
Hadn’t thought about used. Yeah, I had JL back in the day when I was into car audio and they were always good.

Haha, no worries. I’m sure it’s nice, but I’m not serious enough to drop $1500 on a sub yet.
post #16 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, it would probably be awhile before I added two. I’️m not too worried about everyone else when I have company haha. I mean sure it’️s nice, but anything is gonna be better than the tv speakers. May add one down the road though if I get into it a lot.

That’️s true and I actually have 9ft ceilings. I saw the I-12 for $450 earlier, but now the site shows $518, so maybe that site is bogus. Right, I thought I read the SB12-NSD was really good and maybe I should hold out for it in November. Then again I was thinking the same thing the HSU can run sealed or ported, which looks like the I-12 can as well and has 3 ports.

The SB12-NSD is the smaller sealed sub. Good sub, but not going to be a better option than the PB12-NSD or VTF-2.5, particularly for home theater. SVS typically has a Black Friday special on the PB12 ($499.99) and SB12 ($399.99) if you wanted to wait that long. I would still opt for the VTF-2.5 currently on sale, however.

That site you saw the I-12 on has had them for quite a while. RBH discontinued the I-12 last year and they sold for $500 new. If you proceed to the checkout at newaudiovideo.com, they also add shipping charges on top of the $518.70. Not sure if it's the same for you, but for me the cheapest shipping was $127.99, making the total $646.69, so that's a no go. The I-12 is a pretty large sub, also. It's actually wider than my HSU VTF-15H mk2.
Oh yeah negative on that one then. I thought when I saw it earlier it was $450 shipped.

Maybe I’m getting them mixed up and it’s the PB12-NSD that I was told would be good to hold out for. Seems like I should go with the HSU, that’s the one I was pretty set on getting in the first place. I’m probably too impatient to wait until Nov anyhow.
post #17 of 24 Old 08-08-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Oh yeah negative on that one then. I thought when I saw it earlier it was $450 shipped.

Maybe I’m getting them mixed up and it’s the PB12-NSD that I was told would be good to hold out for. Seems like I should go with the HSU, that’s the one I was pretty set on getting in the first place. I’m probably too impatient to wait until Nov anyhow.

PB12 is the ported mode. SB12 is the sealed model. If I was ready to purchase I know I couldn't wait nearly 4 months for the PB12. The VTF-2.5 also offers more output capability than the PB12.

post #18 of 24 Old 08-10-2019, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 822
The HSU is a nice sub. They are also local to me so I'm biased

I would also strongly recommend ported for movies for a couple reasons. At least the HSU is variable tuning and you can make it like a sealed if you want.
MIX_MASTER_ICE likes this.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #19 of 24 Old 08-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I can’t tell you which is the best to get. The more I looked on these forums before purchasing my current subwoofers a week ago the more confusing the effort became. There’s good information here but the opinions vary from post to post.

What I can say is like others before, buy the best you can within your budget. A week ago my budget was $2000. I read thread after thread. I watched countless YouTube videos. What I found was there are a few names that popped up every time: SVS, Monolith, PSA, Rythmik, Outlaw, and HSU. Which one was considered best was different depending on the person posting. Many people post strictly based on data found on the internet and not on personal experience.

I had all but decided to bet a pair of SVS SB-3000s. SVS has a good reputation, the speakers have a small footprint, and the reviews are good. I had the Monolith 12s in the back of my mind because everything posted about their sound quality was good but they were out of stock. I already planned on getting two subs so not having the level of output as other brands wasn’t a concern. I checked one more time before buying and the Monoliths were available again. I had to go with the Monolith’s. They were $400 cheaper, the reviews were great, the videos showed they were about the same as the PB-3000s, and they are the only subs I was considering that are THX certified. I know some people don’t value the THX certification but without being able to hear the subs having a certification that the Monoliths will reproduce sound as the movie producers intended you to hear it is a good thing to me.

What I can tell you is the Monoliths are big. I’m sure that’s partly how they go their name. It was a workout getting these in the house and upstairs to my theater room. My system is composed of only Klipsch Reference speakers, before they watered it down between Reference and Reference Premier, and after running the system setup these subs blended in seamlessly. They are articulate, powerful, go deep, and are very smooth. I’m very happy with the Monolith subs. I’m fortunate enough to have a dedicated room so I don’t have to worry about the wife approval factor. Like I said, I don’t have experience with the other brands but I can’t imagine anyone that wouldn’t be happy with the Monolith subs.
MIX_MASTER_ICE and alwaller like this.
post #20 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-T View Post

good luck

Dave-t

I currently have an F113v2. After time spent deciding between 1 Gotham or 2 F113v2, I placed my order yesterday for another F113v2. How do you like the dual sub setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #21 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid361 View Post
I currently have an F113v2. After time spent deciding between 1 Gotham or 2 F113v2, I placed my order yesterday for another F113v2. How do you like the dual sub setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Going form 1 F112v2 to two F112v2's made a difference in my room because it is 21 x 21.5room in a condo which is my kitchen/livingroom/ DiningRoom. I immediately noticed that the bass was even distributed across the front of the room more evenly. I wish I was able to put one sub in the front of the room and another in the back of the room but having a sub by the kitchen table would not fly with my wife. Hoe do you plan on placing them? Hoe big is your room? Is your room a living room etc or a dedicated room? For you going from one F113v2 to Two F113v2's is going to huge. I recommend that you level match again on both, redo the phase on both and rerun Daro on both. If you are not fmiular with the process call up Randy at JL and he will email you a step by step process on how to do it. Also do not run the new sub as a slave run them both independently, that is what I did.

Last edited by Dave-T; 08-15-2019 at 06:20 AM.
post #22 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Check out my recent thread as well!

I'm reading through this as it seems we are in the same boat. I am leaning SB1000, PB1000, VTF-2, and maybe PB12. Basically for me, I want an SVS sub or I want the VTF-2. I am hoping to get an SVS cheap on their outlet store or labor day sales. And I'm hoping that this VTF2 sale doesn't go away. But I've searched for sales and old sales on slickdeals and elsewhere. It doesn't seem these 2 brands go on sale very often. So the price right now probably won't change in a year much. I will either buy a nice refurb on the outlet or I'll grab that VTF2. At least that's where I'm at right now, I seem to change my mind every few days.
liquid361 likes this.
post #23 of 24 Old 08-16-2019, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Got some good info regarding good setups on the "Speaker" forum, but wanted to ask here strictly regarding subs.

Have mainly been leaning toward the VTF-2 MK5, but undecided. It will be used for HT and Music.

A few others that were recommended and I've seen. I think out of those the Rythmik is more on par with it, the PB1000 is priced like $77 cheaper due to shipping, but pretty sure I read it didnt really go head to head with it. The speedwoofer and PA-150 should be outclassed by the HSU, just listing ones I've seen in posts and such.

- Rythmik LV12
- Monolith 10
- SVS PB1000
- RSL Speedwoofer
- PA-150

You guys have any other recommendations? Thoughts on VTF-2 MK5 vs Rythmik LV12

Thanks!
Paradigm Defiance X10 is better than any of those. Paradigm is a higher-end company and their products can actually be demoed in stores. They make better subwoofers than SVS.
post #24 of 24 Old 08-16-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper5121 View Post
Paradigm Defiance X10 is better than any of those. Paradigm is a higher-end company and their products can actually be demoed in stores. They make better subwoofers than SVS.

What exactly are you basing this on? The X10 sells for around 1k, so twice the price of the Monolith THX Select 10 when not on sale. X10 has the F3 point at 29Hz. So what is it that makes the X10 "better" than the Monolith or even the PB-1000? I mean, sure, it should be far and away better being 2x the price, but I'm not seeing that reflected in performance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page