Subwoofer missing mid and high bass notes. Only plays low end bass. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By markmon1

post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Subwoofer missing mid and high bass notes. Only plays low end bass.

Hi,

I recently bought and got fitted the ‘Vibe Optisound Micro Sub Amp’ and the ‘Vibe 12" Pulse CBR High Output Sub Box’ with Halfords.

However there’s a problem with the subwoofer or amplifier. The products do work however they only play low end bass and not the mid or high bass notes. Instead these notes play through the car speakers and therefore doesn’t sound right as the sounds aren’t balanced. The subwoofer and amplifier are fitted in a 2016 Volkswagen Golf MK7 and the person who fitted them could not diagnose the problem.

So the subwoofer works very well with some songs but it doesn’t actually do much at all with the majority of songs.

My friend has the same subwoofer in his car and it works well.

Is this a common fault, is there anything that can be done to fix it or is it a faulty product?

Thanks in advance.

I’m a total noob with car audio, I just wanted some bass :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2185 Post(s)
Liked: 3144
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVXNT View Post
Hi,

I recently bought and got fitted the ‘Vibe Optisound Micro Sub Amp’ and the ‘Vibe 12" Pulse CBR High Output Sub Box’ with Halfords.

However there’s a problem with the subwoofer or amplifier. The products do work however they only play low end bass and not the mid or high bass notes. Instead these notes play through the car speakers and therefore doesn’t sound right as the sounds aren’t balanced. The subwoofer and amplifier are fitted in a 2016 Volkswagen Golf MK7 and the person who fitted them could not diagnose the problem.

So the subwoofer works very well with some songs but it doesn’t actually do much at all with the majority of songs.

Is this a common fault, is there anything that can be done to fix it or is it a faulty product?

Thanks in advance.

You should repost here;
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/160-car-audio-video-nav/
And will get more replies, since it is gear for car audio. Unlike here, been home audio
Good luck in your quest.

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 08-25-2019 at 04:20 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 4993 Post(s)
Liked: 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVXNT View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you simply have the crossover set too low in your head unit.
RayGuy likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page