SVS SB16 vs. JL Fathom F212v2 vs. Gotham G213 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 112Likes

post #61 of 97 Old 11-02-2019, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2329 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post
For pure size, I figured if you were entertaining the notion of a pair of Gothams, most of the other choices would be ok. The PSA V1512 is a modest 24" x 17" x 25" by comparison.

If a premium finish is the thing, Salk audio will custom finish Rythmik subs quite nicely for a reasonable amount. Something to look into. You could ask the folks at PSA if there's any optional finish options, I don't know offhand.
This is the link, I believe you are talking about;
http://salksound.com/model.php?model...k+15+Subwoofer

Darth
imureh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 97 Old 11-02-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2329 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Steriac, same sort of situation as you looking to upgrade from my current dual F113 and am leaning towards the 'boutique' branded subs i.e REL, JL, B&W for their reputation.

Seems a lot of folks are recommending the Rythmik. I just wish there were more reviews out there with measurements. Really hard to compare.

I'm personally leaning towards B&W DB1D and Rythmik G25 as my next set of subs, but the latter is prohibitely high to get in Canada due to the enourmous shipping costs.
Also living in Canada. And did find the shipping cost, very good. $595 US, but it include shipping door to door cost, taxes and broker fee. Very reasonable, considering it was for two FV18. And each FV18 come on a separate palette, and weight more than the 160lbs of each sub due to the extra weight of the packaging been 180lbs.

Darth
imureh likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 11-02-2019 at 06:12 PM.
post #63 of 97 Old 11-02-2019, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
Solid choice if you do go Rythmik G25hp-SE be prepared for your jaw to hit the floor when unboxing them and a feeling of guilt knowing you should have paid far far more than what you did. As for the comments on stance form an Audio stand point AVS these days is a pretty healthy mix of Audiophiles and non professed Audiophiles, a wealth of knowledge and experience. I myself and many I know have taken the same care in selecting there gear with setups that would make you blush! I'm an Audiophile first and make no qualms about it! my setup is one of synergy and beauty that tickles my fancy for 2/ch sacd,redbook, hi res files , movies etc.. anything I throw at it playback is nothing short of stellar but that's do to proper gear selection and my own personal goal and idea of play back. I love my basshead brethren and sister's here as they are pursuing there idea of system goal's as well, one could define a basshead as just someone who cares about the quality of there bass,its not just about output as many would think is the defining metric of a basshead which I'm happy to call my self one as well

Thanks. My itch keeps growing.

As for the point on bass heads being audiophile or not, that's not the point I was trying to make. After all, who are we to judge who is a audiophile or not. In fact, what is the definition of an audiophile? Is it the amount of money thrown into one's gears of choice, or the time and effort that takes one to get what he wants and then stay happy with it or someone who is never happy with what he's got and always striving for more or is it the knowledge of what audiophile grade system is without ever being able to afford it? That's for another thread.
audiofan1 and d-rail34 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 97 Old 11-02-2019, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Master-slave share the amp of the master. Seaton does this also and it works nicely.
Nathan (Funk Audio) could likely do a custom carbon fiber veneer if you wanted and had the money. I've never seen a FA sub in person but based on user reviews and photos there is no better custom craftsman in the business. His subs are literally works of art and are meant to be seen as well as heard. If you have the money and can stand the wait go with custom FA subs.

If not Rythmik is a super solid choice and less expensive.

I am not sure if I will like this feature because it means they will always have to be paired together taking a lot of options off the table. For $8k I am not sure if I am willing to go that route.

I like the dual woofer (firing opposite direction) option of Rythmik G25HP. Placement wise it could very versatile. Maybe I can place one firing left and right sitting right behind the center channel and one behind my sitting position also firing left and right.
Or is still better to go the traditional route positioning both up front left and right, firing front and back?
Or get 3 subs and place 2 upfront left and right firing front and back and have one at the back (centered) firing left and right? Will this be more immersive bass?

Any one tried the 3rd option?

Last edited by Steriac; 11-02-2019 at 09:59 PM.
post #65 of 97 Old 11-03-2019, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Between the options you have I would go with the dual JL F212v2. It would be really difficult finding another G213 resale. The JL's are reknown for their sound quality as long as you apply them in the proper room.

Outside of your options, if you are okay with the aesthetics and larger footprint, I would go with the G25HP.

See Profile
post #66 of 97 Old 11-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steriac View Post
I am not sure if I will like this feature because it means they will always have to be paired together taking a lot of options off the table. For $8k I am not sure if I am willing to go that route.

I like the dual woofer (firing opposite direction) option of Rythmik G25HP. Placement wise it could very versatile. Maybe I can place one firing left and right sitting right behind the center channel and one behind my sitting position also firing left and right.
Or is still better to go the traditional route positioning both up front left and right, firing front and back?
Or get 3 subs and place 2 upfront left and right firing front and back and have one at the back (centered) firing left and right? Will this be more immersive bass?

Any one tried the 3rd option?

I have something similar to option 3- two subs front, one nearfield (about two feet to the left where I sit). I like the setup for a number of reasons- even bass distribution all over the room, tactile energy from the near sub, but at the same time I've retained the image of the sound coming from the front stage, which I like. Even though bass <80hz is considered non locatable, if the only bass source is nearfield I can still tell it's coming from next to me. While there's much information on this forum regarding calibration of multiple subs, volume matching in particular, you can still adjust to taste.

As far as front to back, side to side, or diagonal relative to room corners, you'll just have to experiment. I do believe dual driver configurations are a little more forgiving of placement limitations but I can't really prove that one way or another.
mthomas47 likes this.
post #67 of 97 Old 11-03-2019, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post
I have something similar to option 3- two subs front, one nearfield (about two feet to the left where I sit). I like the setup for a number of reasons- even bass distribution all over the room, tactile energy from the near sub, but at the same time I've retained the image of the sound coming from the front stage, which I like. Even though bass <80hz is considered non locatable, if the only bass source is nearfield I can still tell it's coming from next to me. While there's much information on this forum regarding calibration of multiple subs, volume matching in particular, you can still adjust to taste.

As far as front to back, side to side, or diagonal relative to room corners, you'll just have to experiment. I do believe dual driver configurations are a little more forgiving of placement limitations but I can't really prove that one way or another.
That's good to hear. I also believe G25HP's dual driver in opposite direction probably will be easier to dial in but the more I read I get drawn to Funk Audio; but their price point is at a diffrent level than Rythmik's and everyone says how good they are for the price.

I don't like the idea of FA-18 master slave combo for $8k because it won't be possible to add a 3rd sub of the same kind down the road. This is due to the budget contraint as well as pairing challenge. Unless Funk Audio can do both active for the same price, I am going to have to setlle, no offense to Rythmik, for Rythmik for now. This may be a blessing in disguise as it will give me a future upgrade option to look forward to. I hate the idea of FOREVER anything in my life other than freinds and family.
post #68 of 97 Old 11-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
That's good to hear. I also believe G25HP's dual driver in opposite direction probably will be easier to dial in but the more I read I get drawn to Funk Audio; but their price point is at a diffrent level than Rythmik's and everyone says how good they are for the price.

I don't like the idea of FA-18 master slave combo for $8k because it won't be possible to add a 3rd sub of the same kind down the road. This is due to the budget contraint as well as pairing challenge. Unless Funk Audio can do both active for the same price, I am going to have to setlle, no offense to Rythmik, for Rythmik for now. This may be a blessing in disguise as it will give me a future upgrade option to look forward to. I hate the idea of FOREVER anything in my life other than freinds and family.

Seems to be good timing then, we have actually discontinued the master slave option, but we are making quantity discounts to make pairs the same price as the current master/slave. I just need to update the website to reflect the changes. Don't forget to look at our new 18.0E, as well.

Nathan Funk
Funk Audio
post #69 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Audio View Post
Seems to be good timing then, we have actually discontinued the master slave option, but we are making quantity discounts to make pairs the same price as the current master/slave. I just need to update the website to reflect the changes. Don't forget to look at our new 18.0E, as well.
Thanks Nathan for all the private correspondance so far. You are ceratinly keeping up with your resputation and hopefully we workout the few kinks of our discussion and see if we can finalize this.

Having said that, I would like the folks here to weigh in and see if my decision is the right one without disrespectying all that you have adviced.
post #70 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

After all the discussions here on this forum and chatting with few manufacturers, I am leaning more toward Funk 18.0. But I also find Ryhtmik G25HP to be a strong contender especially when I consider their price point. But if money and the wait time is not the issue, then which one would you pick?

Option1: Two FA18.0
Option2: Three Rythmik G25HPs

That's a fight between
- 2 18" FA drivers vs. 6 15" Rythmik drivers
- 2 2.4k FA amp vs. 3 1.8k Rythmik amp.
- FA's are bigger subs and Rythmiks are smaller with more choice of locations

I am not going to talk about the other nitty gritty such as how low they can go and stuff. But considering everything that everyone of you know, what option would you go with? I have not heard either of these subs so I cannot even compare. So need your opinion.

Thanks much.
post #71 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2992 Post(s)
Liked: 3838
Quote:
After all the discussions here on this forum and chatting with few manufacturers, I am leaning more toward Funk 18.0. But I also find Ryhtmik G25HP to be a strong contender especially when I consider their price point. But if money and the wait time is not the issue, then which one would you pick?

That's a fight between

I am not going to talk about the other nitty gritty such as how low they can go and stuff. But considering everything that everyone of you know, what option would you go with? I have not heard either of these subs so I cannot even compare. So need your opinion.

Thanks much.

Doubt there would any folks who have heard both either especially in the same environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #72 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 333
@jsc79 @Steriac @derekmoore

I did a quick glance through this thread and saw you were all contemplating a mini Twin Cities GTG! I'm in Chaska and will be getting a pair of the new PSA TV42s (vented dual iPAL 21" drivers) in the next week or two. I'm currently using dual PSA S3600 (sealed with dual 18" opposed drivers). Carver is less than 15 minutes away so everyone could check out multiple setups which is always fun.
sigpig and derekmoore like this.

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, ATI 2005 & 1807 Amps, Kef Reference 203 Mains, 202c Ctr, 201 Surr, Ci200RR-THX Top Rears, Q300 Frt Hts, E301 Rear Surr, Power Sound Audio PSA dual S3600i Subs,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 Projector, Stewart Neve 100" Screen, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-UB900, Xbox One X, Crowson Transducers, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i, Amazon Echo
post #73 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorax2 View Post

I did a quick glance through this thread and saw you were all contemplating a mini Twin Cities GTG! I'm in Chaska and will be getting a pair of the new PSA TV42s (vented dual iPAL 21" drivers) in the next week or two. I'm currently using dual PSA S3600 (sealed with dual 18" opposed drivers). Carver is less than 15 minutes away so everyone could check out multiple setups which is always fun.
I really want to hear those TV42’s! If you need help lugging them in let me know.

@Bluecow003

You might want to get in on this too if it all works out.
zorax2 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2EX - Center - Horizon w/RAAL Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR. Vinyl:Rega Planar 3/Ascend Sierra 2
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG

Last edited by jsc79; 11-07-2019 at 05:21 PM.
post #74 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

That's a fight between

Thanks much.
If money weren’t an issue, and seems you have the space for large subs, I would go with dual JL Gothams no doubt. There’s just something about the JL’s that are more appealing to me.
post #75 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

^ sorry to mislead you but I meant to say if price difference between the two options isn’t a factor then which one you all would pick?
If money wasn’t an issue I would have bought Wilson Thor's Hammer in a sec. Maybe once both kids are out of day care.

Last edited by Steriac; 11-07-2019 at 11:18 PM.
post #76 of 97 Old 11-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc79 View Post
I really want to hear those TV42’s! If you need help lugging them in let me know.

@Bluecow003

You might want to get in on this too if it all works out.

Keep me posted!

7.2.4 Setup | Display: LG 77" C8 OLED | Blu-ray: Oppo UDP-203 | Processor: Anthem AVM60 | Amps: Outlaw 7700, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 | Speakers: Paradigm Prestige (2) 95F's, 55C, (4) 15B's, (4) CI-Elite E65-R (Atmos) | Subs: (2) Rythmik F25's
post #77 of 97 Old 11-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:

That'd be awesome!

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
post #78 of 97 Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Finally pulled the plug on a pair of FA-18 Active subs today. This will definitely provide more boom (not that I am looking for boominess) for the amount of space master and slave subs would have taken in my HT room.

Cabinet will be not the usual rounded ones, rather 45 degree angle chamfers with clean edges. It will also be 2 inch taller than the usual size as I want the display to be up front but under the grill. Though my original decision is to go with Carbon Fiber finish for the cabinet, but I am not sure how it will look. Nathan said it would be pretty comparable to 21 or 24 inch CF drivers look, with Satin finish and textured surface. So I hope it turns out okay though I am sorta slowly leaning toward brushed aluminum look. Anyone out there with either of these finish that can provide some input?

I am also not sure about the fabric grill. It does not seem to compliment the rest of the cabinetry in my mind, especially if I go for the brushed aluminum. But I have not seen one in person so cannot say how good or bad it would look. A couple of pictures on FA websites show grills I like but they will be a pretty hefty upgrades. So I am looking for ideas (from you all FA owners) that won't break my back.

And finally, what else can I add to get the most bang for my buck audio wise? I am also hoping Nathan would suggest or upgrade the subs with nicer isolation/ feet that will have the same impact as the upgraded feet I had for SVS. Anything else you guys can suggest for a reasonable upgrade, will be appreciated.
post #79 of 97 Old 11-12-2019, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 2602
Quote:
Finally pulled the plug on a pair of FA-18 Active subs today. This will definitely provide more boom (not that I am looking for boominess) for the amount of space master and slave subs would have taken in my HT room.

Cabinet will be not the usual rounded ones, rather 45 degree angle chamfers with clean edges. It will also be 2 inch taller than the usual size as I want the display to be up front but under the grill. Though my original decision is to go with Carbon Fiber finish for the cabinet, but I am not sure how it will look. Nathan said it would be pretty comparable to 21 or 24 inch CF drivers look, with Satin finish and textured surface. So I hope it turns out okay though I am sorta slowly leaning toward brushed aluminum look. Anyone out there with either of these finish that can provide some input?

I am also not sure about the fabric grill. It does not seem to compliment the rest of the cabinetry in my mind, especially if I go for the brushed aluminum. But I have not seen one in person so cannot say how good or bad it would look. A couple of pictures on FA websites show grills I like but they will be a pretty hefty upgrades. So I am looking for ideas (from you all FA owners) that won't break my back.

And finally, what else can I add to get the most bang for my buck audio wise? I am also hoping Nathan would suggest or upgrade the subs with nicer isolation/ feet that will have the same impact as the upgraded feet I had for SVS. Anything else you guys can suggest for a reasonable upgrade, will be appreciated.
My only suggestion would be skip the grills and revel in all the glory of those beautiful drivers.
sigpig, d-rail34 and derekmoore like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #80 of 97 Old 11-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

@zorax2 Is this still a possibility for you?

If so, please send me a PM. I'm unable to send you a PM directly for some reason.

5.1: Power - Denon 4308ci, Fronts - Def Tech BP9040's, Center - Def Tech CLR 2000, Surrounds - Def Tech PM1000's, Sub's - Rythmik E15HP x2, Display - Panasonic TC-55AS530U, TT - Rega Planar 2 w/ Dynavector 10x5
post #81 of 97 Old 11-18-2019, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmoore View Post
@zorax2 Is this still a possibility for you?

If so, please send me a PM. I'm unable to send you a PM directly for some reason.
I'll certainly try to make time for you. My daughter has a basketball game that day and they have not yet published the game schedule. I'll try sending you a PM.

Tom at PSA was hoping to ship the TV42s today or tomorrow. Additionally, I bought a JBL 708P monitor to test along my Kefs which are supposed to also be very neutral. I've read that the 708Ps combined with good subs match up with the sound quality of M2s and would like to find out. It'll be interesting how the compression driver compares to my Kef Uni-Q driver in my room.
derekmoore likes this.

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, ATI 2005 & 1807 Amps, Kef Reference 203 Mains, 202c Ctr, 201 Surr, Ci200RR-THX Top Rears, Q300 Frt Hts, E301 Rear Surr, Power Sound Audio PSA dual S3600i Subs,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 Projector, Stewart Neve 100" Screen, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-UB900, Xbox One X, Crowson Transducers, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i, Amazon Echo
post #82 of 97 Old 11-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Responded via PM.

Do you have a Umik & REW?

If not, I could bring my CSL Umik with me.

It would be super fun to help set up your new TV42's should they arrive before hand.

D

post #83 of 97 Old 11-19-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1415 Post(s)
Liked: 889
Quote:

Great choice. Just wanted to chime in that display on the front under the grill sounds like a fantastic idea

Selling in AVS classifieds
FS: McIntosh MX-160 Processor
post #84 of 97 Old 11-20-2019, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
Great choice. Just wanted to chime in that display on the front under the grill sounds like a fantastic idea
Thanks. It kills two birds for me. Want the display up front but don't want it to be displayed - if that makes any sense.

ETA is early December. For me time is now standing still as I am giddy with excitement and can't wait to hear how they will sound.

Never in my life I made a purchase of an audio gear, without hearing or seeing or operating it in person. Totally went blindly or deafly (if that's even an applicable word but gets the meaning accross) based on what you all said here in AVS. You all better be right.
audiofan1, d-rail34 and derekmoore like this.

Last edited by Steriac; 11-20-2019 at 02:05 PM.
post #85 of 97 Old 12-01-2019, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hello,
Since Funk Audio subs only have XLR input, I need to buy a couple of long ones in 10-12 feet long. I say long ones because so far the only XLRs I have are max 1.5 meter long Nordost Hiemdall and Audioquest Columbia. I cannot afford these types in 10-12 foot length and neither do I think it's necessary for subs. Having said that, what would you recommend from the list below or outside of it too?

I sort of narrowed down to the following:

Canare Star-Quad 3-Pin XLR - Sescom SC10XXJ (10 foor for $23): https://www.markertek.com/product/sc...-black-10-foot

Monolith by Monoprice XLR Balanced (2 meter for $42): https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...iABEgJdhfD_BwE

Benchmark Studio&Stage™ StarQuad XLR Cable (10 foot for $50): https://benchmarkmedia.com/products/...21242594951273

I am leaning toward Benchmark though they use the same Canare's premier L-4E6S Star-Quad cable but it seems their Neutrik connectors are XX series which looks better in picture than Monoprice and Canafre from Markertek. They are priced twice as much compare to the same Canare cables sold in Markertek.com and I am not sure if that's because of the connectors. Anyone has any input on Benchmark's XLRs or any other cables that are good for subs?

Thanks.
post #86 of 97 Old 12-04-2019, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hello,
Since Funk Audio subs only have XLR input, I need to buy a couple of long ones in 10-12 feet long. I say long ones because so far the only XLRs I have are max 1.5 meter long Nordost Hiemdall and Audioquest Columbia. I cannot afford these types in 10-12 foot length and neither do I think it's necessary for subs. Having said that, what would you recommend from the list below or outside of it too?

Canare Star-Quad 3-Pin XLR - Sescom SC10XXJ (10 foor for $23): https://www.markertek.com/product/sc...-black-10-foot

Monolith by Monoprice XLR Balanced (2 meter for $42): https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...iABEgJdhfD_BwE

Benchmark Studio&Stage™ StarQuad XLR Cable (10 foot for $50): https://benchmarkmedia.com/products/...21242594951273

I am leaning toward Benchmark though they use the same Canare's premier L-4E6S Star-Quad cable but it seems their Neutrik connectors are XX series which looks better in picture than Monoprice and Canafre from Markertek. They are priced twice as much compare to the same Canare cables sold in Markertek.com and I am not sure if that's because of the connectors. Anyone has any input on Benchmark's XLRs or any other cables that are good for subs?

Thanks.
Wow, no input from anyone?
post #87 of 97 Old 12-04-2019, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Wow, no input from anyone?
You will probably not get much response as I think most of us use RCA connections. You also have a narrow list of cables listed so maybe nobody has ever used those three offerings?

I use blue jeans LC1 myself for all of my interconnects. They also make XLR’ s and use Belden or Canare cable stock with neutrik connectors.

Pro Audio LA is another reputable source for custom cables.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18
Speakers: L/R Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2EX - Center - Horizon w/RAAL Surrounds: Sonance VP62R SST/SUR. Vinyl:Rega Planar 3/Ascend Sierra 2
Video: Sony XBR65X900e 65" 4K - Sony UBP-X800 Blu Ray
Power and Processing: Yamaha RXA1030 - Monolith 7X Amp - Minidsp 2X4 HD/WI-DG

Last edited by jsc79; 12-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.
post #88 of 97 Old 12-04-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 3924 Post(s)
Liked: 4815
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks.
I use Mogami Gold Studio as interconnects with my processors, amplifiers and subwoofers. Also at my place of work with pro audio equipment, including mics.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...5-foot-xlr-xlr

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #89 of 97 Old 12-04-2019, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc79 View Post
You will probably not get much response as I think most of us use RCA connections. You also have a narrow list of cables listed so maybe nobody has ever used those three offerings?

I use blue jeans LC1 myself for all of my interconnects. They also make XLR’ s and use Belden or Canare cable stock with neutrik connectors.

Pro Audio LA is another reputable source for custom cables.
Yeah, I also use RCAs for my SVS ULTRA16 now but Funk Audio subs do not have any RCA connections. So I have no option but to.

I narrowed down the list after reading few threads and suggestions people have made. Only cable that nobody talked about was Benchmark so I added to the list since the connector looked better than Canare and Monolith by Monoprice. But sure, if most people did not use them then they cannot speak to that which is why I also asked if there are other cables people would consider that would not break by bank (max budget $100 per cable) and provide good quality.
post #90 of 97 Old 12-04-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Quote:
Yeah, I also use RCAs for my SVS ULTRA16 now but Funk Audio subs do not have any RCA connections. So I have no option but to.

I narrowed down the list after reading few threads and suggestions people have made. Only cable that nobody talked about was Benchmark so I added to the list since the connector looked better than Canare and Monolith by Monoprice. But sure, if most people did not use them then they cannot speak to that which is why I also asked if there are other cables people would consider that would not break by bank (max budget $100 per cable) and provide good quality.
Nathan provides RCA to XLR converters with his subs as most dont have full XLR outs. Just shoot him an email.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page