• 3 Post By Soulburner

post #1 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Need sub correction options

I have 2 SVS PB3000s and a Full Marty with Stereo Integrity 18” driver pushed by an iNuke 3000dsp. I have the Denon avr-6400h with 2 sub outs. The SVS subs are on one, the Marty is on the other. I’m interested in further correcting them with Dirac. What would I need?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1863
To continue using the Denon 6400 and get Dirac Live, you would want to connect all subs to a single sub out on the AVR, then get a miniDSP with enough channels to suit your needs, and do the levels/delays/EQ in there.

You would then leave Audyssey Off. There is no way to run Audyssey correction on your speakers and Dirac on your subs, that I know of - because as soon as you connect subwoofers after Audyssey is done, it will disable the correction until you run it again with the subs.

If you are not married to the AVR-6400, you could get one of several Dirac-enabled AVRs out there such as the NAD T758, T777, T778, or a unit from Emotiva or Arcam.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Polk LSiM 702 F/X (2) | Infinity RS152 (4) | Subs TBD (2)
PC: Micca OriGen G2 | Mackie MR624 (2)
post #3 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
To continue using the Denon 6400 and get Dirac Live, you would want to connect all subs to a single sub out on the AVR, then get a miniDSP with enough channels to suit your needs, and do the levels/delays/EQ in there.

You would then leave Audyssey Off. There is no way to run Audyssey correction on your speakers and Dirac on your subs, that I know of - because as soon as you connect subwoofers after Audyssey is done, it will disable the correction until you run it again with the subs.

If you are not married to the AVR-6400, you could get one of several Dirac-enabled AVRs out there such as the NAD T758, T777, T778, or a unit from Emotiva or Arcam.
I’m married to the Denon. I’ve gotten my hands on an Audyssey AS-EQ1. I know it’s not Dirac but it seems familiar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodta View Post
I’m married to the Denon. I’ve gotten my hands on an Audyssey AS-EQ1. I know it’s not Dirac but it seems familiar.
Help me understand...you're planning on running Audyssey on top of Audyssey?

Not only is that likely problematic, that unit doesn't appear to have XT32.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodta View Post
I’️m married to the Denon. I’️ve gotten my hands on an Audyssey AS-EQ1. I know it’️s not Dirac but it seems familiar.
Help me understand...you're planning on running Audyssey on top of Audyssey?

Not only is that likely problematic, that unit doesn't appear to have XT32.
From what i understand the unit is used specifically for integrating multiple subs. I’m out of luck on where i can place my subs. I use REW to do measurements. I just want to get the best sub response possible.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Understood.

So the Denon 6400 has a better version of Audyssey and will do much better with subs than the dated standalone unit.

That said, I think the better route is to use a MiniDSP 2x4 to connect all of your subs. IME XT32 does a very good job with correcting sub-bass response so I would go the MiniDSP route then check your results before looking into Dirac. There is a guide on how to do this on the MiniDSP site written by forum member AustinJerry.

Mixing two room correction systems is complicated and not likely to work well, if you can get it to work at all.
smcmillan2, jamiebosco and Alan P like this.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2019, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Understood.

So the Denon 6400 has a better version of Audyssey and will do much better with subs than the dated standalone unit.

That said, I think the better route is to use a MiniDSP 2x4 to connect all of your subs. IME XT32 does a very good job with correcting sub-bass response so I would go the MiniDSP route then check your results before looking into Dirac. There is a guide on how to do this on the MiniDSP site written by forum member AustinJerry.

Mixing two room correction systems is complicated and not likely to work well, if you can get it to work at all.
Ok, I understand now, I’ll go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page