SVS 2000 Pro Series Subwoofers Announced - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 188Likes

post #121 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 01:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked: 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraussieav View Post
I'm trying to decide between 2 x PB-1000's or 1 of these new PB-2000 Pro.
I've done so much reading and reviews etc and still torn between what option to do as far as the better, bigger 12 or the dual 10s, any advice?
I'm relatively new to home theatre, and this will be my first ever purchase of a decent sub. Here's a pic of my room (in Metres as from Australia)
Hey a fellow Aussie!!!

Is there any chance of 1 x PB2000Pro now and adding another down the track sometime??

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic 65" P65ST60 AVR: Denon AVR-X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Seaton SubMersives x 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Hey a fellow Aussie!!!

Is there any chance of 1 x PB2000Pro now and adding another down the track sometime??

There's always a chance lol, but wouldn't be anytime soon, could well be 12 months down the road.
$$ wise in Australia the 2 x pb1000's are slightly more than a pb2000 pro at the moment with the deals.
post #123 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked: 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraussieav View Post
There's always a chance lol, but wouldn't be anytime soon, could well be 12 months down the road.
$$ wise in Australia the 2 x pb1000's are slightly more than a pb2000 pro at the moment with the deals.
Mate 12 months down the road is fine, a single PB3000 will still keep you happy (for a while lol),just start saving your pennies for the 2nd one and you'll be set then

Can I offer one bit of advice though?

Call Peter at DeepHz and grab a PSA V1500 for $1650 and ask to lay-by a second one and just pay it off over the next few months (once these sell he won't have anymore and will be selling the new model)

The V1500 is overall more comparable to the PB13U/PB4000 - this would be more of an endgame setup (IMHO)
http://www.deephzaudio.com/Specials.html

Peter (deepHz) is also offers hands down the BEST customer service in Aus
mraussieav likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic 65" P65ST60 AVR: Denon AVR-X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Seaton SubMersives x 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I'm a new Aussie on here as well and just bought the PB-2000 Pro a few days ago, sadly I haven't set it up yet as I'm moving house in a few weeks and waiting until then to give it a test run. My theatre room won't be too big (4.2m x 4.6m) but it is a fully enclosed room, I'm hoping this sub is more than enough and personally for my theatre size I'm not expecting dual PB-2000 Pro's to be a huge benefit as I likely wont even be maxing out this single PB-2000 Pro but I'll find out soon enough.

In the mean time I'm very curious to hear other peoples experience with the new PB-2000 Pro so far, in particular, how these new units compare to the olderer PB-2000 model.
post #125 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbro View Post
Hi,

I'm a new Aussie on here as well and just bought the PB-2000 Pro a few days ago, sadly I haven't set it up yet as I'm moving house in a few weeks and waiting until then to give it a test run. My theatre room won't be too big (4.2m x 4.6m) but it is a fully enclosed room, I'm hoping this sub is more than enough and personally for my theatre size I'm not expecting dual PB-2000 Pro's to be a huge benefit as I likely wont even be maxing out this single PB-2000 Pro but I'll find out soon enough.

In the mean time I'm very curious to hear other peoples experience with the new PB-2000 Pro so far, in particular, how these new units compare to the olderer PB-2000 model.
From my understanding adding a 2nd sub isn't always necessarily it being louder, (although I'm sure it would help) but more about even bass across all the room and seating positions.
I'm fairly new to home theatre though, that's what I've taken from reading up reviews and on the forums.
SaskCanesFan and junior00027 like this.
post #126 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 02:36 AM

I agree, loudness is only one benefit although I'm not sure of the room size where a second sub would start to offer a noticeable difference. It obviously depends on room size/shape and the output of the sub in the room.

I've never owned dual subs myself so I can't speak from experience although I am curious if I would be able to tell a difference when running two subs, interestingly most people swear by it so there must be quite a substantial difference? I'm new to a proper home theatre set up so I'll have to start with the PB-2000 Pro and go from there.
post #127 of 158 Old 01-16-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
I agree, loudness is only one benefit although I'm not sure of the room size where a second sub would start to offer a noticeable difference. It obviously depends on room size/shape and the output of the sub in the room.

I've never owned dual subs myself so I can't speak from experience although I am curious if I would be able to tell a difference when running two subs, interestingly most people swear by it so there must be quite a substantial difference? I'm new to a proper home theatre set up so I'll have to start with the PB-2000 Pro and go from there.
I'm thinking of doing the same, I just read this interesting post from a few a couple days ago which I feel has helped me steer towards starting with 1 bigger sub, then adding on later..rather than getting wrapped up in the graphs and freq responses the average non AV enthusiast will not notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks0 View Post
This question gets asked often and you will usually get one of three responses.

1. Go with dual smaller subs. The advantage to multiple subs, especially in a rectangular sealed room is that you are able to get a smoother frequency response. While this is technically accurate, most people would not notice the nulls and peaks with actual content (even though a lot of people claim they can). Most content in movies is a complex combination of different frequencies and not a sustained single frequency. What might look bad in a graph, likely doesn't sound bad to most listeners.

2. Get the single biggest sub you can afford now. The advantage here is obvious in that you are buying the most capable subwoofer you can afford. Unlike option 1 which has a more difficult and costly upgrade path should you get the itch in the future, this option allows you to simply add another of the larger sub. While this option might result in some nulls throughout the room, as mentioned earlier, nulls that are obvious in a measurement graph really aren't noticeable in 99.9 percent of content. What you will notice is the additional output of a larger sub.

3. It depends on the room, listening preference, etc etc. This is the best answer but doesn't really help you make a decision.

My personal subwoofer journey looks like this:

Single 12 -> Single 15 -> Dual 15 -> Dual 18 -> Single Sub with Dual 18 inch drivers

In each of the 5 configurations, I used REW to do measurement graphs and optimize placement. The dual sub options always had the smoother looking graphs, but I am happiest with my current setup that uses a single sub. Although all of the single sub setups I have had suffered from "some" narrow nulls, I never felt like I was missing out on anything which watching a movie as a result. The things that are very obvious are amplitude and extension.
hellsbro likes this.

Last edited by mraussieav; 01-16-2020 at 02:47 AM.
post #128 of 158 Old 01-18-2020, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi jamie from the General

the pb2000 pro has already been on special last week for $1450.. so this may become more available in shops at this price.. i cant see people paying the $1900 shop price.

yes our American friends in Oz we get taken to the cleaners.
jamiebosco likes this.
post #129 of 158 Old 01-22-2020, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Well first impressions- love my subs and new room. Nothing really to compare them too, but they are set at -10 on the SVS app and the trim level on my Arcam is -5.5 and they rock my room. Could not imagine needing any more bass.

I will have to have some one come out and do my audio calibration, but overall super happy!!
Thanks for the followup I'm definetly going with dual PB 2000 pros in the bedroom setup. Overkill yeah but I love a lot of headroom
post #130 of 158 Old 01-24-2020, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question Grills on Pro 2K's

Anyone know if the PB-2000 (non Pro) metal grill fit the PB-2000 Pro too?

I really hate the fabric grill on the new Pro. It looks like a downgrade, collects dirt/dust much faster and not as easy to clean. Will look old/worn out pretty quickly, where as the metal does not suffer any of those issues. Also like the bowed look of the metal drill too -- its like the first thing that stands out when looking at the SVS versus other subs.

"There's no place like home." [Wizard of Oz - 1939]
post #131 of 158 Old 01-25-2020, 04:03 AM

For those interested, there is a comparison video between the new PB-2000 Pros and the old PB-2000s on Youtube posted by Dreamedia Home Theatre. Sadly I couldn't link because of my low post count. But from the comparison looks like it is an upgrade in terms of performance and not just cosmetic changes.
post #132 of 158 Old 01-25-2020, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
Or, you could build a sub with a 18” driver. Hell, maybe even a 21”. I realize there’s a lot of SVS fans here - and I use to be one. But, honestly you can get a lot more for your money from PSA, or Rythmik or HSU. Hell, pony up a little more for Seaton or JTR. FRANKLY, I’m not sure how SVS still managed to sell subs for those prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.. I will never go back to SVS. Hsu is my baby Jesus!! And I am an atheist! Hsu made me "born again"!
post #133 of 158 Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Just ordered a white sb 2000 pro let’s see what the fuss is about

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
hellsbro likes this.
post #134 of 158 Old 01-27-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwho10th View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
Or, you could build a sub with a 18” driver. Hell, maybe even a 21”. I realize there’️s a lot of SVS fans here - and I use to be one. But, honestly you can get a lot more for your money from PSA, or Rythmik or HSU. Hell, pony up a little more for Seaton or JTR. FRANKLY, I’️m not sure how SVS still managed to sell subs for those prices.

Agreed.. I will never go back to SVS. Hsu is my baby Jesus!! And I am an atheist! Hsu made me "born again"!
That's great now how bout you do us all a favor and go talk about it on the HSU thread? Those of us that are interested in this product could care less about your HSU experience. We want to know about this product it's why were here. Many of us understand that that there are better bang for your $ out there that's not our deciding factor on why we are interested in this product. No offense but I came to here input on this product and thread I'm tired of people hijacking SVS threads telling me [email protected]$! I already know. If it was an OP thread asking which subs he should choose I could understand but it's a thread about a new product if you don't have any experience with it then please quit derailing the thread. No disrespect intended
jamiebosco and SaskCanesFan like this.
post #135 of 158 Old 01-27-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausse View Post
Just ordered a white sb 2000 pro let’️s see what the fuss is about

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Looking forward to your impressions
post #136 of 158 Old 01-27-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
For those interested, there is a comparison video between the new PB-2000 Pros and the old PB-2000s on Youtube posted by Dreamedia Home Theatre. Sadly I couldn't link because of my low post count. But from the comparison looks like it is an upgrade in terms of performance and not just cosmetic changes.
It looks cool but I think he mentioned there's some flaws in the process he used but it's still cool to get some impressions.

I'm just looking forward to official reviews
If they show enough of an improvement Im going ib on a couple otherwise I'm picking up the old ones when there Is a good price
post #137 of 158 Old 01-31-2020, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
post #138 of 158 Old 02-18-2020, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I bought the new PC-2000 Pro (well, they only had one is stock and waiting on the 2nd) but so far I'm loving it (over the older 2x PB-2000's I had)

Only issue so far is, as this on a tiled floor and during high SPL's it 'walks' lol I haven't looked into anything yet, nor have I tuned it to the room as I am enjoying playing around with the settings until the 2nd one arrives.

But the opening of Blade Runner 2049 makes EVERYTHING shake

Anyone else have the PC model and having it walk?

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200208_092825.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	2686926  
tbraden32 likes this.
post #139 of 158 Old 02-19-2020, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSteve71 View Post

Steve
I have two and they're on some low pile carpet. No movement/walking issues. Get a little stick-on 'high tack' matting to put under each foot.
OzSteve71 likes this.

Marantz AV7705|Emotiva XPA-7|Rotel-1056 height channels|GoldenEar T1s, supercenter Ref, MPXs, HTR7000s, Invisa 650s and SuperSat 3s|SVS PC-2000 Pro x 2 with miniDSP 2x4HD into T1s too
post #140 of 158 Old 02-19-2020, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwho10th View Post
HSU needs to offer more than a two year warranty on the electronics, i'm guessing the 600 RMS amp is a weak point for them but at that price point they have to cut corners somewhere.

Would also like to see blu-tooth or wifi connectivity in some of their future subs, i think that would definitely help sales.
SaskCanesFan likes this.

Pioneer SC-95, Axiom M80, VP180, Dual SVS PB-4000 subs, ISCO III, RS540 + Stewart Cima Neve 133
post #141 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzilla31 View Post
Well I'm probably not the best sub reviewer but I didn't had a sub for a year now. Before this sub I had an PV1 from Bowers & Wilkins.

My first reaction when I turned it on was, wow I have been missing a sub for a long time. I'm still waiting for a new receiver to do some more testing. One thing I really like is de the Bluetooth app which works flawless. I like bass but some family members :-) don't so I can quick fix it on the app without leaving Netflix. Really nice USP of this sub. Will give an update as soon as I get my new NAD receiver.

Yes I have a white one at the worst position.......

So far so good.

ps wanted to upload photo but it won't accept .heic from iPhone....lame
jamiebosco and hellsbro like this.
post #142 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
I bought the new PC-2000 Pro (well, they only had one is stock and waiting on the 2nd) but so far I'm loving it (over the older 2x PB-2000's I had)

Only issue so far is, as this on a tiled floor and during high SPL's it 'walks' lol I haven't looked into anything yet, nor have I tuned it to the room as I am enjoying playing around with the settings until the 2nd one arrives.

But the opening of Blade Runner 2049 makes EVERYTHING shake

Steve

not trying to hijak the thread, but is that a dragon’s lair arcade stand-up?

i loved that game when i was a kid!

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #143 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post

Hahaha yes it is, I have DL2 and Space Ace and a few others too
MATTHEW PATIENT likes this.
post #144 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hahaha yes it is, I have DL2 and Space Ace and a few others too

excellent!!!!!!

i truly envy you. i loved those games.

OzSteve71 likes this.

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #145 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post

Good eye, Dragon’s Lair ate a lot of my lunch money!
OzSteve71 and MATTHEW PATIENT like this.

AVR-Rotel RSX-1056
No name DVD player (will upgrade in 2020)
B&W LCR 600 center
B&W DM 604 S3, fronts
Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12, times two!
post #146 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

SVS 2000 Pro Series Subwoofers Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2020 View Post
Good eye, Dragon’s Lair ate a lot of my lunch money!

that game ate a lot more than my lunch money haha. that whole series ate a ton of my paper route money

ok. enough of the nostalgia talk. not trying to hijak the thread.

back on topic...but thanks for the trip down memory lane.

OzSteve71 likes this.

Rythmik FVX15
post #147 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausse View Post
Quote:
Well I'm probably not the best sub reviewer but I didn't had a sub for a year now. Before this sub I had an PV1 from Bowers & Wilkins.

My first reaction when I turned it on was, wow I have been missing a sub for a long time. I'm still waiting for a new receiver to do some more testing. One thing I really like is de the Bluetooth app which works flawless. I like bass but some family members 🙂 don't so I can quick fix it on the app without leaving Netflix. Really nice USP of this sub. Will give an update as soon as I get my new NAD receiver.

Yes I have a white one at the worst position.......

So far so good.

ps wanted to upload photo but it won't accept .heic from iPhone....lame
Thanks for the followup! Really appreciate it

You might want to check your camera settings on your phone if the photo is too high def it may make the file too large to upload I had that problem you just have to change it in the settings
post #148 of 158 Old 02-23-2020, 07:28 PM

I'm still waiting on some actual reviews first would like to see some data I wish SVS would release measurements like monoprice and hsu does oh well
post #149 of 158 Old 02-24-2020, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
I'm still waiting on some actual reviews first would like to see some data I wish SVS would release measurements like monoprice and hsu does oh well
Like this one? https://www.soundstageaccess.com/ind...-pro-subwoofer

SONY 55A1E / UBP-X700 / Denon AVR-3808 / Canton Vento 809 DC / XTZ 10.17 EDGE / XTZ 95.33 Center / Mirage OS³-Sat
post #150 of 158 Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liten View Post
Quote:
Like this one? https://www.soundstageaccess.com/ind...-pro-subwoofer
Yes! Thank you! Now I just need one for the PB 2000 Pro but that's a helluva start appreciate you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page