Need help wiring 4 Epik Empires - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-15-2019, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Need help wiring 4 Epik Empires

I just received my 4th Epik Empire subwoofer and I am trying to determine how I should wire it to my amp. I am running a Behringer NX6000D amp. I feel like an idiot since, when I was running 3 Empires. I ran 1 pair of Empires off of 1 channel @ 2 ohms and the other single Empire off channel 2 @ 4ohms. The issue is, I just realized my amp is not rated for 2 ohms but I have been running it like this for a year now at very high levels.

I do not want to blow anything up so now I am back to rewiring this setup as I think leaving it at 2 ohms per channel is going to be a bad idea.

I just cannot wrap my head around how I am going to wire it now. 3 of the Empires will be used up front in the room. The 4th Empire sits in the rear of the room.

My thoughts are 2 configurations.

3 Empires off channel A and 1 Empire of Channel B
or
2 Empires off channel A and B each, this would make 1 of the front Empires run off the same channel as the rear so I am not sure if this will have a negative affect on sound.

If I run the 2 subs per channel, I would have to run a series/parallel connection and that will only give me an 8 ohm load and not max output from my amp.

Running the 3 and 1 setup, the single rear sub would be run @ 4ohms, but the 3 I cannot figure out how to wire it for optimal output.

Each sub enclosure has 2 drivers that are 8 ohm drivers. I currently have them wired in Parallel inside of the cabinet for a 4 ohm load per cabinet. So there are 4 sub cabinets, each wired currently @ 4 ohms. 8- 8 ohm drivers in total in the whole room setup.

So basically what I am asking is, if I wire the 3 cabinets to one channel (6-8ohm drivers total) is there anyway to wire this to a 4 ohm load or what would be the best way to wire this configuration aside from buying a 2nd amplifier? I was using an impedance calculator and verifying with a meter previously, but I cannot find a calculator for this type of configuration and my math skills are not good enough to figure out this problem.

Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191214_165659 (Large).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	2654308  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page