GoldenEar XXL Vs SVS PC-2000 Pro - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kini62

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2020, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
GoldenEar XXL Vs SVS PC-2000 Pro

Looking to upgrade my setup for home theater. I do have a small area I can put a subwoofer so the PB's are out. Has to be the Super Sub XXL or the SVS Cylinder PC 2000.

I haven't ever seen anyone compare, but what I have read is that the Golden Ear on gun shots and upper bass kills it. Making things feel the impact. But then heard that the SVS PC-2000 has more rumble and low end, But not the impact that the SVS has.

I have no way to hear both subs. I can try the SVS but would still have to purchase the GoldenEar. There is music store that has a open box GoldenEar XXL for about the same price as the SVS. So to me the price is the same but what about the output.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2020, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2795 Post(s)
Liked: 2671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccumato View Post
Looking to upgrade my setup for home theater. I do have a small area I can put a subwoofer so the PB's are out. Has to be the Super Sub XXL or the SVS Cylinder PC 2000.

I haven't ever seen anyone compare, but what I have read is that the Golden Ear on gun shots and upper bass kills it. Making things feel the impact. But then heard that the SVS PC-2000 has more rumble and low end, But not the impact that the SVS has.

I have no way to hear both subs. I can try the SVS but would still have to purchase the GoldenEar. There is music store that has a open box GoldenEar XXL for about the same price as the SVS. So to me the price is the same but what about the output.
The XXL probably does have more output above 30hz, but it might not. I couldn't find any reviews with measurements. That aside, the SVS has a better warranty, the app is handy, it will have more output under 30hz and if you ever want a second sub having the XXL would make that very difficult to match.

I would go buy the SVS and ask if you can try the XXL in your home to compare. If the audio store won't let you try it out for a weekend then I would pass on it.
DarkEnigma likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
The XXL probably does have more output above 30hz, but it might not. I couldn't find any reviews with measurements. That aside, the SVS has a better warranty, the app is handy, it will have more output under 30hz and if you ever want a second sub having the XXL would make that very difficult to match.

I would go buy the SVS and ask if you can try the XXL in your home to compare. If the audio store won't let you try it out for a weekend then I would pass on it.
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page