post #31 of 252 Old 02-04-2020, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail34 View Post
Yeah, she’s cool. But, she’s still a woman, and she’ll definitely overreact to some degree once they’re set up in our living room. Lol
My wife already doesn't like the bass my SVS puts out, she's not going to like my upgrade. I'll make it up somehow.
jamiebosco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 252 Old 02-04-2020, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocab View Post
My wife already doesn't like the bass my SVS puts out, she's not going to like my upgrade. I'll make it up somehow.
My wife actually enjoys the bass. She just thinks that I'm crazy for wanting something bigger. That's generally when I explain to her WHY bigger is better...but then she still gives me "the look". Lol
darthray and basshead81 like this.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
post #33 of 252 Old 02-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 53
So 2 x PSA TV3612 or 2 x Rythmik FV25HP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 42
If being here in AVS for past few years taught me anything, that is buy the biggest sub you can fit in your room. You can buy a small one today but the upgrade bug will bite you. LF bass is soo addictive, it's what UMAMI is for food.
Both are great companies but from my personal experience Rythmik Units are less sensitive to placement. I had their FV15HP & rn running FV18 AL cone pairs and they sound great anywhere you put them in the room. I can not say the same thing abut the 15 inch PSA unit i had before the Rythmik units. IDK, if it's an issue with all of the PSA units or not but go to youtube and search for it, Zeos has a video on that too. They are very placement sensitive. Both make great products with excellent fit and finish.
REL HT1508 is also a great alternative if size is an issue. Yes, they wont go that low but the bass they produce is pleasing.
darthray likes this.

Screen: Elite Aeon, 138-inch 2.35:1, Subwoofer: Rythmik FV18 ALC
Speakers: Klipsch Forte III LCR, Surrounds: Klipsch RP 502s
AVR: Yamaha RX-A3080, Projector: Sony 695ES
Media: nVidia Shield Pro running custom Kodi api with 72tb Media Storage

post #35 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 02:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by acribb View Post
Both are great choices, 2x of either will make for an outstanding system

Personally I'd go for the Rythmik
darthray likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #36 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Quote:
Both are great choices, 2x of either will make for an outstanding system

Personally I'd go for the Rythmik
The Rythmik has 2 15" woofers while the PSA has 2 18" woofers. I'm leaning towards the PSA because of that fact. Strangely enough, the weight between the two is almost identical.
post #37 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 10253
That is because the PSA drivers have Neo motors which is lighter then ferrite.
post #38 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Which do you prefer? PSA or Rythmik?
post #39 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked: 2720
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Plus I believe the Ryhtmik amp with toroidal transformer and capacitors is much heavier than the ICE amp used for PSA.
post #40 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Plus I believe the Ryhtmik amp with toroidal transformer and capacitors is much heavier than the ICE amp used for PSA.
Yep that too.

Quote:
Which do you prefer? PSA or Rythmik?
No preference...both are good. I own PSA, JTR, SVS, and Outlaw products. No experience yet with Rythmik.
darthray likes this.
post #41 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So it's safe to say..if you have a small room and want ULF and do not want a big box overcrowding your room, then Rhytmik is the ONLY way to go, since the PSA 18 can not dig as deep as the Rythmik 12, 15 or 18 subs. Plus..they are also cheaper!
iamsabit313 likes this.
post #42 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 120
How does the Rythmik line do in mid-bass compared to a similarly priced PSA option?

I want a sub in our living room and was thinking of moving one or both of my V1811 there once my new PSA subs arrive for the theater room, but this thread has me curious about trying out a Rythmik in the living room too.
post #43 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Rythmik does quite well in the entire bass spectrum. Data-bass has tested quite a few of Rythmik models, you can check measurements and data there. Most people here has two or more subs, I would concentrate on getting enough db in the deep extension frequency (16ish hz and under) as more likely, mid bass output at reference and above levels can be achieved with a pair of good to great subs. Unfortunately, PSA does not list any numbers/graphs nor plan to send subs to data-bass, so nobody really knows what kind of output the newer subs have.
post #44 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 3866
Quote:
A smart thing to make it up to Her

For what is worth, my previous subs were dual SVS PB13 Ultra. While they were great, in my room situation. I would never venture below the 20Hz setting, since I was having way too many vibrations issues. With my new FV18, I tried the 14Hz setting and like the results. Adding bass from my AVP to +1dB, sounded perfect and +2-3 was too much for me. My next step to get back more in your chest bass, is I will be trying using the PEQ. With those settings, Gain at +3dB/Bandwidth center and the frequency at 60Hz. And hope achieve the extra benefit of a lower setting, and getting back my chest slam. Will find out this weekend.

Darth
d-rail34 likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 02-05-2020 at 05:19 PM.
post #45 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Quote:
My wife already doesn't like the bass my SVS puts out, she's not going to like my upgrade. I'll make it up somehow. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
A smart thing to make it up to Her[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Nah...I never make it up because...my rationale is I'm just playing catch-up. What she wants she just buys 24/7/365....we fellas always seem to sacrifice our plans.... imo...just live with it is all I tell her. Like the other day I finally replaced my plasma with a new LG OLED C9....when she asked me why I told her because I hardly ever buy myself anything...so NO...I wouldn't make it up to her.😊
geocab and ahblaza like this.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
65" LG OLED C9, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #46 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
Nah...I never make it up because...my rationale is I'm just playing catch-up. What she wants she just buys 24/7/365....we fellas always seem to sacrifice our plans.... imo...just live with it is all I tell her. Like the other day I finally replaced my plasma with a new LG OLED C9....when she asked me why I told her because I hardly ever buy myself anything...so NO...I wouldn't make it up to her.😊

Hi Billy,

We all are, my last three years upgrades were around $15000 CDN (new AVP, 4 Atmos speakers and Amp, 4K player and 4K projector)
I save my money for what I want. So does my Wife for house upgrades, and not a big spender for daily stuff.

Best regards.

Darth
Billy p likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 02-05-2020 at 05:35 PM.
post #47 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ Rythmik does quite well in the entire bass spectrum. Data-bass has tested quite a few of Rythmik models, you can check measurements and data there. Most people here has two or more subs, I would concentrate on getting enough db in the deep extension frequency (16ish hz and under) as more likely, mid bass output at reference and above levels can be achieved with a pair of good to great subs. Unfortunately, PSA does not list any numbers/graphs nor plan to send subs to data-bass, so nobody really knows what kind of output the newer subs have.
Why does PSA not do this? Are they hiding something?
post #48 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ That you have to ask them, I don’t know. They got to have measurements somewhere, you can’t just build something without measurements.
post #49 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:

My understanding is that PSA has seen a tremendous amount of growth over the past few years, way more than anticipated. They work around the clock practically 7 days a week and have a tough time even keeping enough cabinets and drivers on hand to fill all their orders because they come in so fast, so they are constantly looking for ways to optimize their operations and manage supply bottlenecks. When they have stock on hand they would rather get it to a waiting customer.

Not hiding anything, just not prioritizing sending out their stock to non-customers when business is already growing like crazy.
post #50 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinEric View Post
My understanding is that PSA has seen a tremendous amount of growth over the past few years, way more than anticipated. They work around the clock practically 7 days a week and have a tough time even keeping enough cabinets and drivers on hand to fill all their orders because they come in so fast, so they are constantly looking for ways to optimize their operations and manage supply bottlenecks. When they have stock on hand they would rather get it to a waiting customer.

Not hiding anything, just not prioritizing sending out their stock to non-customers when business is already growing like crazy.
This is my understanding as well from what I've been reading on the PSA thread. Plus, I believe Tom had mentioned something recently about trying to get some measurements posted once the "wave" dies down enough to focus on such things (I'm paraphrasing here, so not an exact quote. ).

He does seem to be burning the candles a both ends right now trying to meet strenuous demands, so I don't really envy him at the moment. Dude is working like a madman! Lol
ahblaza, rhelliott2 and mik2h like this.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
post #51 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Fair enough.

I'm really struggling trying to figure out whether to go PSA TV3612 or Rythmik FV25.

Life is tough.
post #52 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Fair enough.

I'm really struggling trying to figure out whether to go PSA TV3612 or Rythmik FV25.

Life is tough.

Sounds like you can't really go wrong with either. This thread makes me want to try out a Rythmik sub, having never heard one myself.

But I am also so satisfied with PSA and my dual V1811 subs that when I decided I wanted to explore larger, low-tuned options I went straight to PSA again with the TV42 (after a little waffling between it and the TV36).
ahblaza and d-rail34 like this.
post #53 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I doubt PSA is hiding anything. The B&C Neo and IPAL drivers PSA uses in the latest models have been tested @ data-bass just not their actual latest subs. They had a few models tested early in the companies life. Company growth has been exponential over the years and it's been quite the effort to keep up with demand. More then likely why they are not looking to advertise right now. If you don't like the fact the latest subs haven't been tested, no biggie...Rythmik and JTR have options that have and will serve you well.
jamiebosco, ahblaza and d-rail34 like this.
post #54 of 252 Old 02-05-2020, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Fair enough.

Life is tough.
Best way is to buy one of each, compare for your own good in your own room, and send back the loser. It costs you a few hundred but for sure you have something to enjoy for the long time without any ‘what if’ lingering around your mind. Come back here and tell us all about it.
post #55 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Theres nothing to hide. I just believe Tom doesnt really prioritize Data-Bass as much as some customers do and I think he has no problem recommending another brand that has extensive D-B testing to a customer that wants that info. I barely went over to the D-B website for the first time before typing this and checked out a couple tests and really have ZERO idea what all the numbers mean. Most of the time its just a pissing contest of who has the most Db at what Hz , which really doesnt give much info as to how a sub would sound.
Its like saying the Dodge Demon would be the best track car because it has the fastest 1/4mile , which we know there is a lot more to a race track than a drag strip. Most casual listeners like myself dont know how to read and interpret all that data to get an idea if a sub is good or not , mostly we go "oooohhooohhh sub have high Db at 30hz must go BOOM BOOM real well!!!!" Either way , Rythmiks are great subs as well so whatever you go with should be pretty awesome!
ahblaza, scottiemon and mik2h like this.
post #56 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'd still like to see and use charted numbers and apply inlays to inform myself. I've owned PSA subs in the past...I don't thinks its any more difficult sending a sub to DB than one to any potential new customer.

Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #57 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 860
Quote:
My take... they aren't hiding anything rather trying to prevent information from being used improperly. Regardless of how well they perform some will "obsess" about this or that either on purpose or from lack of knowledge. Best case he spends x time explaining reality and worse case some stay misinformed... potential downside appears to be much stronger than the upside.
Alan P, ahblaza, Todd G. and 1 others like this.

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled Threadripper & Radeon VII, NVMe PC - 43" 4K IPS Panel |
post #58 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
I'd still like to see and use charted numbers and apply inlays to inform myself. I've owned PSA subs in the past...I don't thinks its any more difficult sending a sub to DB than one to any potential new customer.
Why should he send a sub to be tested when there are customers with back orders? Doesn't make sense.

Video Samsung UN65KS8000, Sony UBP-UX80
Audio Denon X4500H, PSA MTM-210T, MTM-210C, MT-110 X2, SVS PB12NSD & SVS PB1-ISD (Subs soon to be upgraded)
post #59 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu fan View Post
Quote:
Why should he send a sub to be tested when there are customers with back orders? Doesn't make sense.
Ok...perhaps once they catch up...😊

post #60 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have seen posts mentioning PSA plans to send sub to Youthman instead IMO, It can't be that hard posting numbers and graphs on their website as they already have them. These new subs have been out for months (6 months?), there is no need for consumers having to speculate the numbers. It is a good business strategy they use for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page