post #61 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
I have seen posts mentioning PSA plans to send sub to Youthman instead

I think this is a bit of an oversimplification of what was said, but anyone wondering can read it for themselves here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post59074730
d-rail34 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked: 2720
^^ Part of the reason why I said 'It is a good business strategy they use for sure.'. I know I would not base my sub purchase decision on rave review from Youthman, it is entertaining for sure, I need more data.
rossandwendy and bear123 like this.

Last edited by tvuong; 02-06-2020 at 11:49 AM.
post #63 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by acribb View Post
Fair enough.

I'm really struggling trying to figure out whether to go PSA TV3612 or Rythmik FV25.

Life is tough.

I was bouncing back and forth between the two subs such as yourself but ultimately went with a PSA TV3612 because PSA speakers and subs are all made in the USA down in Ohio. PSA offers a 5 year warranty on their drivers and amps where Rythmik is made in China and they offer a 5 year warranty on their drivers but 3 years on their amp I believe. Also PSA offers free shipping where Rythmik does not. Plus PSA TV3612 have dual 18" drivers compared to dual 15" drivers of the Rythmik FV25HP

I also plan on upgrading my SVS Prime speakers to PSA's 210c/210t speakers down the road as well. I've read nothing but great things on this site raving about the PSA speakers

But from gathering as much information from this site since December, you really can't go wrong with either.
ahblaza and rhelliott2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked: 2194
Independent reviews with tonnes of objective data (databass,Audioholics etc) are always welcome, but I'd be more than happy to see PSA just put up a few of their own CEA numbers, base FR and Compression sweeps on their website. PSA's in-house have always been pretty close to Josh's numbers.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
post #65 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 334
I don't know him, but I would probably drink a lot of beer with Youthman.

Front L&R - Polk LSiM703
Center - Polk LSiM706c
Surround L&R - Polk LSiM703
Subs - Two Rythmik F18-SEs
AVRs - Denon AVR-X6200W, Yamaha RX-A3040 : Amp - Yamaha M-80
post #66 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 3739 Post(s)
Liked: 5077
All major parts arrive in batches.

If there have been back orders going back 5 years, then sending a sub to be tested won't alleviate the backlog.

So far, there is no FR, no compression sweeps, no CEA-2010, in house much less 3rd party, for the current products.

All the customers who prefer to be informed have to go on is the new drivers are X dB more efficient than the old drivers, and one of the drivers (in a different enclosure with different port tune AND amps) has been tested on DB... Oh wait, I thought one repeatedly called the test results drag racing in a parking lot and have no relevance in real life.

It's like asking people to accept a tenant based on that she has the face of Scarlette Johansson and the heart of a lion... Use your imagination, ooops, interpretation...
jamiebosco and d-rail34 like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3

Last edited by chucky7; 02-06-2020 at 12:30 PM.
post #67 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:49 AM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Quoted: 5774 Post(s)
Liked: 11650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebosco View Post
Independent reviews with tonnes of objective data (databass,Audioholics etc) are always welcome, but I'd be more than happy to see PSA just put up a few of their own CEA numbers, base FR and Compression sweeps on their website. PSA's in-house have always been pretty close to Josh's numbers.

Hi Jamie,

I like to crunch the max output numbers as much as anybody does, but I agree with you. A base frequency response, with a compression graph is actually more revealing for me than max output numbers. I have every confidence that those graphs will eventually make their way to the website, as they did with earlier models. But, if the primary purpose of those numbers and graphs is to reassure prospective buyers, that doesn't really seem to be a big problem right now.

If I were in the market for subs, I would look at PSA's track record and the number of satisfied owners, and then I would look at the ingredients of the new subwoofers. For instance, I would look at the TV42 iPal's. Let's see, dual 21" pro-audio drivers (arguably the best available) in very large cabinets, with 3900 watts RMS, and a roughly 13-14Hz tuning point, put together by someone who clearly knows how to build good quality subwoofers.

I'm not a PSA owner; I'm not in the market for new subs; and I don't particularly promote one brand over another. But, to me, it wouldn't exactly require a giant leap of faith to believe that the TV42 iPal's will be outstanding performers. The same reasoning applies to the TV3612 and the TV36 iPal.

If it's a genuine drag race, the exact numbers might matter. For 99.99% of us, with dual subs, the exact numbers really won't matter. And, if they do, as basshead said, we can always look elsewhere. Especially if we are in a hurry!

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #68 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 2240 Post(s)
Liked: 4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiz View Post
I was bouncing back and forth between the two subs such as yourself but ultimately went with a PSA TV3612 because PSA speakers and subs are all made in the USA down in Ohio. PSA offers a 5 year warranty on their drivers and amps where Rythmik is made in China and they offer a 5 year warranty on their drivers but 3 years on their amp I believe. Also PSA offers free shipping where Rythmik does not. Plus PSA TV3612 have dual 18" drivers compared to dual 15" drivers of the Rythmik FV25HP

I also plan on upgrading my SVS Prime speakers to PSA's 210c/210t speakers down the road as well. I've read nothing but great things on this site raving about the PSA speakers

But from gathering as much information from this site since December, you really can't go wrong with either.
This isn't true. At least some, if not all of PSA's drivers are made overseas.
Rythmik's final assembly of their larger subwoofers is in America, and they use Asian, European and American parts. Since when does Rythmik not offer free shipping? This post is riddled with inaccuracies.
rossandwendy and muscles like this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #69 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Rythmik's final assembly of their larger subwoofers is in America, and they use Asian, European and American parts. Since when does Rythmik not offer free shipping? This post is riddled with inaccuracies.
PSA has said that its Eminence drivers are made in USA, and the B&C drivers are made in Italy. The cabinets are made in USA. The amp plates are either assembled in house, or by SpeakerPower, of course, in USA.

In which country do Rythmik drivers, cabinets, amp plates become ready for final assembly? If the parts containers originate from China, then they are made in China.
rhelliott2 likes this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.

Last edited by chucky7; 02-06-2020 at 12:44 PM.
post #70 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
PSA has said that its Eminence drivers are made in USA, and the B&C drivers are made in Italy. The cabinets are made in USA. The amp plates are either assembled in house, or by SpeakerPower, of course, in USA.

Where are Rythmik drivers, cabinets, amp plates made? If the parts containers originate from China, then they are made in China.
PSA uses some foreign parts. Period. Rythmik uses American, European and Asian parts. The amps, drivers and cabinets are assembled in China. The final assembly of, I think the FV15 and above are in America. That is not made in China. That is made in several places. Saying otherwise is dishonest. Enrico can clarify if I got anything wrong. Made in China means the whole thing comes across in one piece, and Rythmiks larger subs don't.

It's like saying a Ford Fiesta is American when it's made in Mexico, and a Camry is Japanese when it's made in Kentucky. It's simply not that simple.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 02-06-2020 at 12:55 PM.
post #71 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Riddled? That's cute lol

Sorry for some of the misinformation in my post that wasn't my intention, I'm still a newbie in HT so I was trying to remember information I have gathered from 50+ threads within the last 60 days since I've started my research so its not all fresh.

You're correct that Rythmik offers free shipping its that they'll knock off $100 if you pick up the subwoofer at your local UPS freight terminal. I knew there was something with their shipping dealing with cost and I thought you had to pay extra for it.

I know PSA parts are all from the US but their B&C drivers are shipped from Italy but everything else is from the US. Yes Rythmik subs are assembled in the US but most of the parts are from overseas is what I gathered from my research.

Sorry for the misinformation again
post #72 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
PSA uses some foreign parts. Period. Rythmik uses American, European and Asian parts. The amps, drivers and cabinets are assembled in China. The final assembly of, I think the FV15 and above are in America. That is not made in China. That is made in several places. Saying otherwise is dishonest. Enrico can clarify if I got anything wrong. Made in China means the whole thing comes across in one piece, and Rythmiks larger subs don't.

It's like saying a Ford Fiesta is American when it's made in Mexico, and a Camry is Japanese when it's made in Kentucky. It's simply not that simple.
Again, in which country do Rythmik drivers, cabinets, and amp plates become 'finished' drivers, cabinets, and amp plates and are shipped to Rythmik for final assembly?

Correct me if I am wrong. Aren't the drivers made by a Chinese company's factory in China? Same thing with the cabinets and the amp plates. The Hypex amp MODULES may be from the Netherlands. They are converted into amp plates in China.

If the parts containers originate from China, then the parts are made in China. Simple as that. Same as every Rythmik sub below FV15HP.

Last edited by chucky7; 02-06-2020 at 01:17 PM.
post #73 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiz View Post
Riddled? That's cute lol

Sorry for some of the misinformation in my post that wasn't my intention, I'm still a newbie in HT so I was trying to remember information I have gathered from 50+ threads within the last 60 days since I've started my research so its not all fresh.

You're correct that Rythmik offers free shipping its that they'll knock off $100 if you pick up the subwoofer at your local UPS freight terminal. I knew there was something with their shipping dealing with cost and I thought you had to pay extra for it.

I know PSA parts are all from the US but their B&C drivers are shipped from Italy but everything else is from the US. Yes Rythmik subs are assembled in the US but most of the parts are from overseas is what I gathered from my research.

Sorry for the misinformation again
No offense, but it was riddled with inaccuracies. Obviously PSA is made in America of mostly American parts. Rythmik is assembled in America with Chinese assembled parts which themselves are assembled of Asian, European and American parts.

The $100 off is only for the larger subwoofers that ship freight. Free shipping is just a sales tool, anyway, because so many people demand free shipping, Rythmik(like anyone else that offers free shipping) raises the price to cover the "free" shipping. Especially for something as expensive to ship as a subwoofer.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #74 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Again, in which country do Rythmik drivers, cabinets, and amp plates become 'finished' drivers, cabinets, and amp plates and are shipped to Rythmik for final assembly?

If the parts containers originate from China, then the parts are made in China. Simple as that. Same as every Rythmik sub below FV15HP.
What kind of imaginative mental gymnastics do you have to perform to come up with that? What about all the Asian parts in any and all amplifiers? I guess all "American" amplifiers are really Chinese because most of the parts come in boxes from China. I guess most "American" washers and dryers are really Asian because it's final assembly of Asian parts in America.
Give me a break.

ETA: Plus, you moved the goal posts. I never said that Rythmiks parts weren't made in China. I said final assembly was made in America. So, the official designation of the larger Rythmik subwoofers would be "Assembled in America of foreign and American parts"

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 02-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.
post #75 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What kind of imaginative mental gymnastics do you have to perform to come up with that? What about all the Asian parts in any and all amplifiers? I guess all "American" amplifiers are really Chinese because most of the parts come in boxes from China. I guess most "American" washers and dryers are really Asian because it's final assembly of Asian parts in America.
Give me a break.
Just answer this question.

Can Rythmik state that its drivers, cabinets or amp plates are NOT made in China?
rhelliott2 likes this.

post #76 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 457

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #77 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just answer this question.

Can Rythmik state that its drivers, cabinets or amp plates are NOT made in China?
No, but they can claim that the SUBWOOFER is assembled in America of foreign and American parts, and that's all I'm claiming.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #78 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just go back and read my posts. My posts have been consistent.
rhelliott2 likes this.

post #79 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4130 Post(s)
Liked: 5271
Quote:

Honestly I'm kinda tired of explaining this every time the Made In USA vs Made In China topic comes up. There is NO 100% Made In The USA electronics anymore since many years ago as at least a few components of a particular part are made overseas. That is just the way things work these days of global economy. Lets put an example not subwoofer related. Nord Amplifiers are proudly Made in the UK but hey, there is a catch. They use Audiophile Grade Hypex UcD module amps in their amps. Guess where Hypex modules are made? They are made in Malaysia and The Netherlands. Nord amps use the same Hypex UcD modules we use in our L12, L22, F12-300, F8, LV12F, LVX12, FVX12, FVX15, G22, E15HP2, F25, F18, FV18, G25HP and FV25HP subwoofers. Our driver's voice coils are all made in North Fort Myers, FL by Precision Econowind LLC since 2008 and shipped to China from the USA. So to the question to where our subwoofers are made? They are made with global components (Asia, USA and EU) and assembled/tested in Austin, TX USA as printed in every Rythmik Audio subwoofer shipping box. In case of warranty service, you only need to ship your amp back to our facility in Austin, TX and Brian will personally repair your amp (as he is the designer) and get your amp back to pristine conditions in less than 10 days turn around time (including both ways shipping transit time) so you don't need to ship your amp to a third party vendor and wait weeks, or in some cases months for your amp to be fixed. Out of warranty, an amp repair will cost you no more than $130 including both ways shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 2.23.12 PM.png
Views:	68
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	2681410  

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #80 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post

Sucks to be you.
How's it being a fan boy correcting other people's misinformation? I dare you go through my posts and point out where I claim Rythmik is better than everyone else. Good Luck.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 02-06-2020 at 03:13 PM.
post #81 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just go back and read my posts. My posts have been consistent.
Yes, where you debated a claim I never made.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #82 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sucks to be you.

How's it being a fan boy correcting other people's misinformation. I dare you go through my posts and point out where I claim Rythmik is better than everyone else. Good Luck.

Even though I didn’t say anyone’s name, you assumed I was talking to you.

That says quite a bit.

"Most theories on audio and audio reproduction will be proven wrong only when the laws of physics change."
post #83 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Even though I didn’t say anyone’s name, you assumed I was talking to you.

That says quite a bit.

Because I was the one defending Rythmik. Chucky is a JTR fan boy, although he has moderated himself the last year to his credit, not a PSA one. In any case, you are clearly trolling, and you can respond to this and have the last word.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #84 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 412 Post(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)
Liked: 1297
Knock it off guys...

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
post #85 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Wow this is where my thread has headed!?!
scottiemon and d-rail34 like this.
post #86 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaossquared8484 View Post
Don't feel bad, it happens fairly often unfortunately.
Good news is both companies make excellent products, and you'll be pretty happy with whatever you end up getting.
Phil1975m and d-rail34 like this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #87 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Yeah, it happened to me as well. I started "WWIII, The Chuff Wars", when I was asking advice on buying a sub. I ended up PSA, but like what has already been stated, you should be happy regardless of your choice
d-rail34 and drh3b like this.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
post #88 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 10253
Quote:
Yea this is a pretty heated topic at times. You can bad mouth everything else I own but don't you dare say my Subs are Chinese!!
Billy p, ahblaza, d-rail34 and 1 others like this.
post #89 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Things have deteriorated it seems. Both sub makers are great. Buy the best you can afford, and get duals. That’s my advice.

post #90 of 252 Old 02-06-2020, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Yeah, it happened to me as well. I started "WWIII, The Chuff Wars", when I was asking advice on buying a sub. I ended up PSA, but like what has already been stated, you should be happy regardless of your choice

The Chuff Wars... those were the days...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page