Anyone listened to JTR Captivator 2400 and PSA TV3612? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 02-14-2020, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob2k2 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on the 4000ULF-ST. Now I'll have a place to set a drink while getting blasted by the subs.

It helps that JTR is somewhat local to me and Jeff was of course very helpful with my questions. Can't wait!
Wow, now that was some speed reading! I can't say that I'm not a little bit jelly! To reiterate, once you start looking at subs on the level of the 2400, TV36 or the fv25 and those above, you really can't go wrong. I think you are are going to love the 4000. It has gobs of power throughout the range.

Pop on over to the JTR thread if you have any questions and keep us posted when you get it. Plenty of help over there to get you all set up.

And yes, Jeff is a super nice guy. And that area has a lot of GTGs, if you're interested in that. I think Jeff recently posted that he has all drivers in stock and lead time was like 2 weeks. I'm sure he let you know about the new lower distortion drivers for 2020.

Todd

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Last edited by toddct; 02-14-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 02-14-2020, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Wow that is an excellent choice. Go big or go home. The Cap 4000 is still the king of ULF. Congrats

In a recap of my research: I wanted to initially go with 2 smaller subs like the PSA V18's because of the WAF and advantage of dual subs. Of course, while reading I discovered the various options for ULF subs, but most of them are stacked 18's or larger in a taller, wider cabinet. I waffled over various possibilities between the PSA TVxx's, Rythmik FV18 and Captivator 2400. The 2400 seemed like the best option since it went way lower than the PSA V18's and was smaller than the PSA TVxx's and Rythmik.

One reason the 4000ULF wasn't on my radar, is because there isn't a photo of one on the JTR website (gotta fix that Jeff!). I also didn't encounter as many threads compared to the above mentioned PSA and Rythmik options. However, upon more research and a visit to JTR's FB page, I stumbled upon the "sofa table". Perfect solution for size in my room and perfect sub to deliver the ULF I really wanted.

Picking it up from JTR in one week from today!
chucky7, toddct and Ryansboston like this.
post #63 of 66 Old 02-14-2020, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 3233 Post(s)
Liked: 4265
Quote:
In a recap of my research: I wanted to initially go with 2 smaller subs like the PSA V18's because of the WAF and advantage of dual subs. Of course, while reading I discovered the various options for ULF subs, but most of them are stacked 18's or larger in a taller, wider cabinet. I waffled over various possibilities between the PSA TVxx's, Rythmik FV18 and Captivator 2400. The 2400 seemed like the best option since it went way lower than the PSA V18's and was smaller than the PSA TVxx's and Rythmik.

One reason the 4000ULF wasn't on my radar, is because there isn't a photo of one on the JTR website (gotta fix that Jeff!). I also didn't encounter as many threads compared to the above mentioned PSA and Rythmik options. However, upon more research and a visit to JTR's FB page, I stumbled upon the "sofa table". Perfect solution for size in my room and perfect sub to deliver the ULF I really wanted.

You don’t see many comparisons to the Cap 4000 as there is nothing to compare it to. that’s why it’s king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 02-14-2020, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 3740 Post(s)
Liked: 5089
Quote:

One reason the 4000ULF wasn't on my radar, is because THERE ISN'T A PHOTO OF ONE ON THE JTR WEBSITE (gotta fix that Jeff!). I also didn't encounter as many threads compared to the above mentioned PSA and Rythmik options. However, upon more research and a visit to JTR's FB page, I stumbled upon the "sofa table". Perfect solution for size in my room and perfect sub to deliver the ULF I really wanted.

Let me help you with that:

The 4000ULF-ST photo from JTR

The 4000ULF-ST in the wild.

toddct and jamiebosco like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
post #65 of 66 Old 02-15-2020, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 975
^^^^^^^^^^^
This might be my favorite version of the mighty CAP 4000ulf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
You don’t see many comparisons to the Cap 4000 as there is nothing to compare it to. that’s why it’s king.
chucky7 likes this.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
post #66 of 66 Old 02-15-2020, 12:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 2207
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddct View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
This might be my favorite version of the mighty CAP 4000ulf!

Agreed, I can see this version working in more spaces

Jeff's willingness to alter the design/shape of his subs to suit his customer wants/needs really is incredible!!
toddct likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TV: Panasonic P65ST60 AVR: Denon X4000 Speakers: PSA MTM-210C (Centre), PSA MTM-210 (Left & Right), PSA MT-110 (Surrounds) Subwoofers: Dual Seaton SubMersives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page