Power sound audio pro subwoofer system? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom Vodhanel
  • 2 Post By zeus33

post #1 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Power sound audio pro subwoofer system?

I’m interested in trying to find subwoofers with a shallow footprint. Thinking I could place them behind my L/R towers and eventually move them behind an AT screen if/when I build a bigger theater. Current theater is 16’8w” x 21l’ x 9’8” h. Came across these subs: POWER SOUND AUDIO PRO SUBWOOFER SYSTEM
Link: https://store.acousticfrontiers.com/...woofer-cabinet

Any thoughts/reviews on this system? Or any similar suggestions from other vendors? I’d prefer to have the amps built in to the sub if possible since that’s how my room is wired now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 3145 Post(s)
Liked: 11144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccondo1 View Post
I’m interested in trying to find subwoofers with a shallow footprint. Thinking I could place them behind my L/R towers and eventually move them behind an AT screen if/when I build a bigger theater. Current theater is 16’8w” x 21l’ x 9’8” h. Came across these subs: POWER SOUND AUDIO PRO SUBWOOFER SYSTEM

Any thoughts/reviews on this system? Or any similar suggestions from other vendors? I’d prefer to have the amps built in to the sub if possible since that’s how my room is wired now.
Those were designed to perform similar to the V1510(now V1512) but with dimensions suited to the installer market. The cabinets cannot be modified for built in amps.

Check with deepsea. I know those guys were working on a high output, shallow design.

Tom V.
Team Power.
d-rail34 and rhelliott2 like this.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,
post #3 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:

For what they're asking for that setup, you're just not going to ge the price per performance out of them at all from what their specs/cea-2010 measurements are stating. And to be quite honest, I've never even heard of this brand mentioned here on AVS, but there may be others that have that can chime in.

If you are comfortable with spending that amount though, and would like to have a pair of subs have been highly touted around here, I would recommend looking into the PSA TV3612 (the real Power Sound Audio! ). You can get them for the same cost and from what has been said, they would absolutely crush the ones that you're looking at now.

Here is the link to PSA's website so that you can compare for yourself:
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/prod...31138396176473

It should also be noted that this new line of subs that PSA has recently introduced have been selling faster than they can make them it seems, so there will more than likely be a delay in receiving them, as they're currently short on stock and are awaiting a new shipment of drivers. However, Tom (owner) just recently stated that he will still honor the current pre-order pricing to those that are willing to wait for new stock, in which thereafter, there will be a slighter increase in pricing....IMHO, I believe it would definitely be worth the wait. Which would be sometime in March IIRC.

I'll also leave a link to their thread that they have on here so that you can read/direct questions to the owners of these subs to get a better idea of their thoughts on them.

PSA Thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...er-thread.html

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing about your selection & impressions.

Darrell

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-12-2020, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So yeah...^^^that's the Tom I was talking about. Lol

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S
post #5 of 8 Old 02-13-2020, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The PSA, while an awesome sub, is a monster. My goal is to not have to build a false wall. The sub I mentioned in my first post is custom designed by Acoustic Frontiers.

Last edited by Ccondo1; 02-13-2020 at 07:55 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2020, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1911 Post(s)
Liked: 2077
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail34 View Post
And to be quite honest, I've never even heard of this brand mentioned here on AVS, but there may be others that have that can chime in.

You do realize those are PSA subs, right? Hence Tom's response.

Quote:
Those were designed to perform similar to the V1510(now V1512) but with dimensions suited to the installer market. The cabinets cannot be modified for built in amps.
d-rail34 and SaskCanesFan like this.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-13-2020, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
You do realize those are PSA subs, right? Hence Tom's response.
I honestly had no idea! Lol...and I obviously didn't take away anything as such from Tom's comment. My thought was that he knew of them, and making a general statement in regards to the V15.

OOPS! Learn something new everyday!

post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2020, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked: 940
Quote:

Deep Sea Sounds, Funk, Salk (rythmik), can all do custom subs to try to fit your dimensions. I believe JTR can as well. And I think Seaton is working on a shallow 21inch design (check our Steve Bruzonsky’s build thread)

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: D-Sonic Three Channel Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page