Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-28-2020, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2400 Post(s)
Liked: 1475
Faulty sub or processor?

Well, my system has been acting funny lately when it comes to bass response. I cannot figure out if its the sub or the processor for certain.

Components are in my signature.

So the issues are:
- Cannot raise test tone in AVR higher then +5db as the subwoofer cuts out completely (fine if plugged into one of the main pre-out on the AVR but than its not the same test tone frequency)
- Sub making cracking popping noise at certain frequencies between 70-90hz over a certain volume when bass heavy content is played such as EDM music with pumping bass.
- ARC room correction detects sub low frequency extension at 30hz, it used to be lower than 20hz as the sub is capable of that.
- pulled out the sub out connector board of the AVR and no problems were detected on inspection its a simple connector board.
- the sub has a built in test sweep which goes fine.
- the sub gets enough power I checked.
- using the sub's gain control to raise volume instead of the AVR it plays the test tone fine at any loudness without the popping noise however the certain cracking popping noise with content sounds like a driver problem..??

Tested a new sub cable as well. Reset AVR.

So trying to be as sure I can be before sending them in for repair as the sub is 50kg and I am in the country so its not an easy exercise.

Thoughts are appreciated.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page