Dual Subwoofer Recommendations
I am getting ready to wade into the waters of dual subs. I am open to SVS, Rythmik, RSL, HSU, etc. I just gave away my subwoofer to my brother. So I am fairly familiar with single sub setups but clueless about dual subs other than it should help level out the peaks and lulls (my goal) throughout the room. Here are my pertinent specs:
- Polk 5.0 speakers S55, S30, S10
- 5,300+ cubic foot volume entertainment room
- irregular shaped room
- Thick pad and carpet over concrete floor
- Sound isolated ceiling sheetrock with roxul insulation above for sound isolation (yes this is a basement)
- Budget will be around $500-600/sub
- 50/50 movies and music listening (the music listening very loud, not sure if I get to reference levels or not but I think I do)
So other than having two subs for a dual sub setup, what else is there to know? Is ported vs sealed a different debate with dual subs? What kind of receiver features do I need to make the most out of a dual sub setup? Do any receivers do dual subs better than others? Does room correction matter?
And of course, what subs should I be looking at? I don't need anything extreme like a setup that can hit <18Hz but I would like something that get to or close to 20Hz and of course a flat response curve from <25Hz to 120Hz would be nice.
Thanks to any guidance that can be provided.
Last edited by badtlc; 03-17-2020 at 06:18 AM.