Rythmik l12, Kef 10b Or REL T7i - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-22-2020, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Rythmik l12, Kef 10b Or REL T7i

I have my KEF ls50's arriving tomorrow and I have to get going on a sub. I have a home theater room that takes a lot of effort to change front speakers and setup equipment so I would like to do everything at once.

The room is 15' X 10.5 and completely acoustically treated walls and floor.I will be keeping my Polk center, in-wall sides and rears.

While I will use the system for movies and tv for the majority of the time the importance to me remains music in 2.1. I do have a fair size collection of 5.1 sacd and dvd-audio but I will live with the compromise.

I want to order a sub by tomorrow and have the choice of REL T7i for 820.00 the KEF 10B for 483.00 US dollars. The Rhythmek L12 should be around 650.00 but I am awaiting shipping charges as I am in Canada.

Ii is important to me that it blends in well for music more than room shaking base. I am also wanting something dependable. There is quite a difference in price and the Rhythmiks may be another 100.00 which I should have a answer for tomorrow am.

Any and all opinions are welcomed.

Thanks for your time and all previous input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2006 Post(s)
Liked: 1643
Kef or Rythmik.

You might be able to get two of the Kef’s for the price of one Rythmik in which two would be better than the 1.

There is also the 12B.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
post #3 of 4 Old 03-23-2020, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmettmaguire View Post
I have my KEF ls50's arriving tomorrow and I have to get going on a sub. I have a home theater room that takes a lot of effort to change front speakers and setup equipment so I would like to do everything at once.

The room is 15' X 10.5 and completely acoustically treated walls and floor.I will be keeping my Polk center, in-wall sides and rears.

While I will use the system for movies and tv for the majority of the time the importance to me remains music in 2.1. I do have a fair size collection of 5.1 sacd and dvd-audio but I will live with the compromise.

I want to order a sub by tomorrow and have the choice of REL T7i for 820.00 the KEF 10B for 483.00 US dollars. The Rhythmek L12 should be around 650.00 but I am awaiting shipping charges as I am in Canada.

Ii is important to me that it blends in well for music more than room shaking base. I am also wanting something dependable. There is quite a difference in price and the Rhythmiks may be another 100.00 which I should have a answer for tomorrow am.

I have the KEF 12b with my LS50s and it works well, although I have a much larger space. The 10b would do well for music but you may prefer the 12b if for HT as well. I hope you are not thinking of buying the KEF from the US as they are still on sale from Kefstore Canada with free shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-23-2020, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmettmaguire View Post

No one has asked how you are going to hook this up I see. If you are only going to be via a low level rca then the rythmik is the best choice. If you must have hi level for music and a separate LFE hookup via RCA, then the REL is the only choice. It is the only one that has separate gain controls for both hi and low/LFE level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page