Subwoofer and center for Wharfedale Linton Heritage - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Subwoofer and center for Wharfedale Linton Heritage

I will be buying a pair of Wharfedale Linton speakers for music, but I would like to use them as fronts for a 5.1 system. Normally it is recommended to buy other home theater speakers from the same product line, but the subwoofers from Wharfedale are not famous at all.

So I would need a subwoofer for a room about 15 sqm. I would say a 12" would suffice, otherwise I will have to get out of the room.
For the center I have no priority.

It would be nice that the price for both stays below $750.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR Crom View Post
I will be buying a pair of Wharfedale Linton speakers for music, but I would like to use them as fronts for a 5.1 system. Normally it is recommended to buy other home theater speakers from the same product line, but the subwoofers from Wharfedale are not famous at all.

So I would need a subwoofer for a room about 15 sqm. I would say a 12" would suffice, otherwise I will have to get out of the room.

Thank you!
When you say, "price for both stays below $750." do you mean two subs for a total of $750? If so, that's going to be tough. You would be looking at the very lowest of the budget/entry level sub brands.

Automation: Alexa- Harmony Hub- Wemo Dimmer Switch- Wemo Smart Plug BatCave: SY Triple Black
Video Image: JVC RS500- Sony UBP-800X- Chromecast- 125" wide 16x9 white over black spandex screen
Audio: 5.2.4 Marantz SR7011- (LCR) QSC 2180 - (Surrounds) (4) BIC FH6-LCR- (Atmos) (4) Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch- (Subs)2 23ishcuft ported HS24s 14-15Hz tune - 2 Devastator Minis B&C21ds115 - 4 PA460 in ported cabs 40Hz tune- FP20000Q- 2 Sanway FP10000Q- Crown XLS1500- . To be continued...
post #3 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post
When you say, "price for both stays below $750." do you mean two subs for a total of $750? If so, that's going to be tough. You would be looking at the very lowest of the budget/entry level sub brands.
I need a center and a sub, not two subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2537 Post(s)
Liked: 4146
Quote:

Thank you!
Only for speakers, especially the front three. Any subs can play with any speaker brands, since they do not have a sound signature. Other than how well they are build for sound quality, and how low/loud they can play (where good ones are more costly).

Having a sub from the same brand to match the speakers, is only a myth that will not die. Same can be said about smaller sub driver, been faster and sounding tighter than larger one.

If I were you, I would get the matching center to your main first. And if not enough money is available for a descent sub, start saving to do it once for not rushing into it.
I like to say, cry once and do it right

Darth

Last edited by darthray; 03-25-2020 at 05:21 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8289 Post(s)
Liked: 6321
Quote:

Zero need to brand match the sub to the speakers. The only people pushing that lie are sleazy/desperate salesmen.
  1. How big is the room? Totally enclosed, or open plan / adjacent spaces?
  2. What % music use? What % HT/TV?
  3. How far from the screen will you be sitting?

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page