JTR vs Funk low tune ported sub upgrade - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #1 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 63
JTR vs Funk low tune ported sub upgrade

Looking for opinions or anyone that has had both funk and JTR. I will be upgrading from quad hsu vtf3 mk5 subs that I had for about two years. The HSU quad setup was fantastic and I had flat response down to 15 hz. I use minidsp 2x4hd and rew to dial in my setup. I was running two nearfield and two in front corners. I also have crowson actuators in the setup as well. I use BEQ for every movie that I watch. The room is a loft upstairs that is 18x25 that is open to two hallways and two stairs. I use the room 50/50 movies and music. My listening levels are -10 - 0db so I listen pretty loud most of the time. I have heard JTR S1 and funk 18 inch custom sealed subs from two other members here on avs. Both are excellent subs and sounded fantastic to me. I am not considering sealed subs since low tune ported negates the use of sealed subs and will be getting single digit output with ported and a ton more of output under 40 hz or so. I prefer to go with a low tune ported sub so I am considering a quad setup of JTR cap4000 or Funk low tune ported sub depending on what he can offer at that price point compared to JTR. Any and all recommendations are welcome along with any previous experience with both JTR and funk including sound quality and output. Do you think the sound quality would be noticeable between the two? Also I want to give a shout out to @ereed that helped me dial in my quad HSU setup and providing a ton of help and knowledge. Thanks in advance.
ereed and leehan76 like this.

Last edited by ctripp2448; 05-11-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
Quoted: 3480 Post(s)
Liked: 4705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctripp2448 View Post
I am considering a quad setup of JTR cap4000
Wow that will be insane. Funk makes fantastic subs but I think performance for $$ has to go to JTR in this comparison. The Cap 4000 is really hard to beat in ULF and even up top.
ctripp2448 likes this.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #3 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 2949 Post(s)
Liked: 2989
^^ WOW 4 4000ULF's but I like what you are thinking . To get similar performance to the 4000ULFs, it gonna cost A LOT more with Funk.
SuperFist and ctripp2448 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Wow that will be insane. Funk makes fantastic subs but I think performance for $$ has to go to JTR in this comparison. The Cap 4000 is really hard to beat in ULF and even up top.
It should be amazing that is for sure. I did not want to keep upgrading and losing money along the way so I decided i want to go straight end game with the subwoofer setup especially coming from a quad setup already that was really good. JTR cap is hard to beat for the money that is for sure.
SuperFist likes this.
post #5 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It should be amazing that is for sure. I did not want to keep upgrading and losing money along the way so I decided i want to go straight end game with the subwoofer setup especially coming from a quad setup already that was really good. JTR cap is hard to beat for the money that is for sure.
I had to read your post twice to make sure my eyes were not seeing things...quad and cap 4000 don't show up together very often....

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #6 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I had to read your post twice to make sure my eyes were not seeing things...quad and cap 4000 don't show up together very often....
Lol. Im hoping that means that they are so powerful you really don't need quads that's why you don't see many quad 4000.
post #7 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 146
You know you're onto something when people on a subwoofer forum are telling you something is insane. quad 4000s I have not come across on this sub yet. You should be the first and tell us how it is . That said, no such thing as overkill! Headroom and even bass distribution is awesome and if you have the budget to go quads, either funk or 4000s would be amazing. you won't be let down either way.
iceatola and ctripp2448 like this.

My HT: 7.3.4
Spoiler!
post #8 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 10850
I think quad 4000's would be insane.

Basically 4 Cap4000's should be able to hit 120db @ 10hz 2m rms outdoors. That is a number that would be achievable in the largest room with no room gain. Some rooms net +12db of room gain down that low. Could you imagine 132db @ 10hz and 140+ db above 30hz? Would you even utilize a fraction of that? lol
post #9 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 2446 Post(s)
Liked: 1735
Just when I helped you dial in your quad HSU and you get flat smooth response then you decided to upgrade?! LMAO Upgraditis is real folks!

Looks like your ultimate goal is more output while improving SQ compared to your quad HSUs, correct?

While I personally never heard a ported cap4000 nor the ported LFE model from Funk I think both the jtr cap4000 and the Funk LFE ported are probably gonna provide most output from either company. Both will offer way more output over your quad hsu you had. But realistically you probably will never see half of the potential of either sub and will have headroom for days, but knowing you personally I know you love it loud and clean. I've only owned the sealed models (dual custom 18.0L and I have dual 21.0LX on the way soon) and have heard both dual S1 and dual S2 which are already loud as it is, so 4 ported subs should rock your world.

Just me only and my opinion..... if funds allow and you want the ultimate best sq and best drivers you can get its hard to beat a Funk sub especially if you're 50% music guy. Otherwise JTR are good subs for the money. Not saying JTR doesn't do music well, but Funk have upperhand in my opinion. I'm not sure what the output of the LFE or the entry 18.1e models are in comparison. Maybe Nathan @Funk Audio can chime in or if you want to go to Funk Audio Thread and maybe ask in there. Not many people have new Funk ported models except a few and there are quite a few with cap4000 as well. So it may be a while before you hear from actual owners of those subs.
ctripp2448 likes this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120" screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M | Funk Audio 18.0L (2), 21.0LX (2 coming soon) | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson Tech MAs | Surgex XR 315 | GIK room treatments

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8 |
post #10 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I think quad 4000's would be insane.

Basically 4 Cap4000's should be able to hit 120db @ 10hz 2m rms outdoors. That is a number that would be achievable in the largest room with no room gain. Some rooms net +12db of room gain down that low. Could you imagine 132db @ 10hz and 140+ db above 30hz? Would you even utilize a fraction of that? lol
That is what i was calculating as well as far as output. I am hoping i will get some nice room gain down low to be able to hit 130's at 10hz!! I am a basshead and I was into car audio for a long time so I have been inside some 150db setups. Then I got into home theater as well and I just have become more addicted to bass. I listen at very high volumes so I want to make sure I have alot of headroom as well as very low distortion.
basshead81 likes this.
post #11 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is what i was calculating as well as far as output. I am hoping i will get some nice room gain down low to be able to hit 130's at 10hz!! I am a basshead and I was into car audio for a long time so I have been inside some 150db setups. Then I got into home theater as well and I just have become more addicted to bass. I listen at very high volumes so I want to make sure I have alot of headroom as well as very low distortion.
Just make sure your house is ready to take that kind of abuse. People have been experiencing sheet rock cracks with duals and listening at normal levels...
SuperFist and ctripp2448 like this.

post #12 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Just when I helped you dial in your quad HSU and you get flat smooth response then you decided to upgrade?! LMAO Upgraditis is real folks!

Looks like your ultimate goal is more output while improving SQ compared to your quad HSUs, correct?

While I personally never heard a ported cap4000 nor the ported LFE model from Funk I think both the jtr cap4000 and the Funk LFE ported are probably gonna provide most output from either company. Both will offer way more output over your quad hsu you had. But realistically you probably will never see half of the potential of either sub and will have headroom for days, but knowing you personally I know you love it loud and clean. I've only owned the sealed models (dual custom 18.0L and I have dual 21.0LX on the way soon) and have heard both dual S1 and dual S2 which are already loud as it is, so 4 ported subs should rock your world.

Just me only and my opinion..... if funds allow and you want the ultimate best sq and best drivers you can get its hard to beat a Funk sub especially if you're 50% music guy. Otherwise JTR are good subs for the money. Not saying JTR doesn't do music well, but Funk have upperhand in my opinion. I'm not sure what the output of the LFE or the entry 18.1e models are in comparison. Maybe Nathan @Funk Audio can chime in or if you want to go to Funk Audio Thread and maybe ask in there. Not many people have new Funk ported models except a few and there are quite a few with cap4000 as well. So it may be a while before you hear from actual owners of those subs.
Lol yes upgraditis is very real!! Once you got the quad dialed in perfect and I got a taste of the clean flat bass it was amazing. Yes my ultimate goal is more output while improving SQ compared to the quad HSU setup. I know not many people have heard the new funk ported subs and I have not heard a JTR ported sub yet myself. The funk subs that you have are amazing no doubt about it. The JTR sealed sub at another members house was amazing as well. I will ask in the Funk thread as well. Thanks bro.
post #13 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Quote:
Lol yes upgraditis is very real!! Once you got the quad dialed in perfect and I got a taste of the clean flat bass it was amazing. Yes my ultimate goal is more output while improving SQ compared to the quad HSU setup. I know not many people have heard the new funk ported subs and I have not heard a JTR ported sub yet myself. The funk subs that you have are amazing no doubt about it. The JTR sealed sub at another members house was amazing as well. I will ask in the Funk thread as well. Thanks bro.
How exactly do you have your Crowson's set up? What filters are you running on them and what is powering them?

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - JVC RS4910 (FOR THE TIME BEING) * - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ *HOVER BOSS*
post #14 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
How exactly do you have your Crowson's set up? What filters are you running on them and what is powering them?
I have two actuators currently and will be ordering two more shortly. I have them running off output of minidsp with 30hz filter. Crowson D501 amp.
post #15 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Quote:
Looking for opinions or anyone that has had both funk and JTR. I will be upgrading from quad hsu vtf3 mk5 subs that I had for about two years. The HSU quad setup was fantastic and I had flat response down to 15 hz. I use minidsp 2x4hd and rew to dial in my setup. I was running two nearfield and two in front corners. I also have crowson actuators in the setup as well. I use BEQ for every movie that I watch. The room is a loft upstairs that is 18x25 that is open to two hallways and two stairs. I use the room 50/50 movies and music. My listening levels are -10 - 0db so I listen pretty loud most of the time. I have heard JTR S1 and funk 18 inch custom sealed subs from two other members here on avs. Both are excellent subs and sounded fantastic to me. I am not considering sealed subs since low tune ported negates the use of sealed subs and will be getting single digit output with ported and a ton more of output under 40 hz or so. I prefer to go with a low tune ported sub so I am considering a quad setup of JTR cap4000 or Funk low tune ported sub depending on what he can offer at that price point compared to JTR. Any and all recommendations are welcome along with any previous experience with both JTR and funk including sound quality and output. Do you think the sound quality would be noticeable between the two? Also I want to give a shout out to @ereed that helped me dial in my quad HSU setup and providing a ton of help and knowledge. Thanks in advance.

I think for sheer price: performance it will be hard to beat the JTR setup.

Do you have any other considerations (waf etc) that have you looking at Funk?

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: Funk Audio 21.0LX Subwoofer
post #16 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
I think for sheer price: performance it will be hard to beat the JTR setup.

Do you have any other considerations (waf etc) that have you looking at Funk?
I agree that the JTR is hard to beat for the price. No I have no waf issues or anything else. She has the whole house to do whatever she likes and I have my room to go crazy and do whatever I want. She would never tell me what I can buy or put in our house that we both pay for and I would never tell her what she can buy or put in our house. We both support each other's hobbies etc. The reason I am looking at funk is the build and sound quality with good output. I don't care about finish at all and that does not matter to me at all. I want all my money to go towards performance and not a pretty cabinet. So as long as it is black box we are good to go!! If I can get a good deal with the funk near the same output and price of cap4000 then I will probably go with funk. All depends on the better deal I can get between the two. You have had funk and Jtr in the past correct?
post #17 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I'll pile on with the "wow, FOUR Cap 4000s?" Sounds impressive. What are your speakers?

Klipsch RP-8000F L/R | Klipsch RP-504C C | elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM surrounds | Rythmik FV18 Rev2 Paper Cone Black Matte + Elemental Designs A5-350 Restored! | Denon AVR-S920W | Vizio P75-C1
post #18 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post
I'll pile on with the "wow, FOUR Cap 4000s?" Sounds impressive. What are your speakers?
JBL studio 590 towers for LCR and surrounds. Jbl 530 for rear surrounds.
post #19 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 2949 Post(s)
Liked: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post
What are your speakers?
Great question.

Quote:
JBL studio 590 towers for LCR and surrounds. Jbl 530 for rear surrounds.
How about getting 4 2400ULFs and use the money saved to get 3 JTR speakers for LCR? IMO, This is a much better upgrade for your front sound stage and still preserve plenty of powerful bass with headroom to spare. Jeff might give you a special package price
post #20 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I was kinda going where TVUONG went. I was going to say two Cap 4000s and some JTR fronts LCR. Haven't heard the JTRs or the JBLs, but just thought the JTRs up front would be killer based on the feedback I've seen around here. Anyway, sounds like you'll have a pretty sick setup no matter what.
ctripp2448 likes this.

Klipsch RP-8000F L/R | Klipsch RP-504C C | elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM surrounds | Rythmik FV18 Rev2 Paper Cone Black Matte + Elemental Designs A5-350 Restored! | Denon AVR-S920W | Vizio P75-C1
post #21 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 02:44 PM
216dB Shockwave of pain

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Great question.

How about getting 4 2400ULFs and use the money saved to get 3 JTR speakers for LCR? IMO, This is a much better upgrade for your front sound stage and still preserve plenty of powerful bass with headroom to spare. Jeff might give you a special package price
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^
mthomas47, sigpig and ctripp2448 like this.

AdamG, ...out!
The government cannot give to anybody,
anything that the government does not first,
take from somebody else.
post #22 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Great question.

Great question. Only reason I am not going with 2400ulf is because of output. It has less output than s2 way down low and midbass according to databass. So I would be spending close to 3 grand for 2400 when i can spend less than 1000 more and get 4-7db more across the board. So I will be getting alot more performance for my dollar by going with 4000. The JTR speakers are a option but at this time I am focusing on just the subs unless I get a killer deal on the jtr speakers that I cant refuse. The JBLs are giving me high spl with great clarity, imaging and soundstage with no distortion at reference and I got a killer deal on them. I know the JTR are better speakers but I believe subs are a much more noticeable upgrade over speakers. I have not personally heard JTR speakers but I heard they are absolutely amazing.
spyboy, ereed and iceatola like this.
post #23 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 03:17 PM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Quoted: 5977 Post(s)
Liked: 12233
Quote:
Great question. Only reason I am not going with 2400ulf is because of output. It has less output than s2 way down low and midbass according to databass. So I would be spending close to 3 grand for 2400 when i can spend less than 1000 more and get 4-7db more across the board. So I will be getting alot more performance for my dollar by going with 4000. The JTR speakers are a option but at this time I am focusing on just the subs unless I get a killer deal on the jtr speakers that I cant refuse. The JBLs are giving me high spl with great clarity, imaging and soundstage with no distortion at reference and I got a killer deal on them. I know the JTR are better speakers but I believe subs are a much more noticeable upgrade over speakers. I have not personally heard JTR speakers but I heard they are absolutely amazing.

Hi,

I'm kind of a have your cake and eat it too kind of guy. Nothing says that you can't get the subs that you want now, and change-out your speakers later if you decide to. Especially if you don't break the bank on your subs.

For the time being at least, I consider the Cap 4000ULF's (with the new drivers) to be the best ULF bang-for the-buck on the planet. In order to be competitive down low, with the Cap 4000, I think you would have to go to at least the Funk Ultra 21" and maybe even to the Ultra 24". And, I think that the cost of those is going to begin at about $7,000 or higher apiece, regardless of cabinet finish.

Don't get me wrong, if money is absolutely no object, I know what sub company I would recommend every time. And, personally, I love Nathan's hand-finished cabinets, too. That would matter a lot to me. But, I think that there would be a very substantial cost difference between four Cap 4000ULF's, and four of the Funk Ultra 21's, in even the simplest cabinet finish.

I agree with everyone else who thinks that four Cap 4000ULF's in that room would be amazing!

Regards,
Mike

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #24 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I'm kind of a have your cake and eat it too kind of guy. Nothing says that you can't get the subs that you want now, and change-out your speakers later if you decide to. Especially if you don't break the bank on your subs.

For the time being at least, I consider the Cap 4000ULF's (with the new drivers) to be the best ULF bang-for the-buck on the planet. In order to be competitive down low, with the Cap 4000, I think you would have to go to at least the Funk Ultra 21" and maybe even to the Ultra 24". And, I think that the cost of those is going to begin at about $7,000 or higher apiece, regardless of cabinet finish.

Don't get me wrong, if money is absolutely no object, I know what sub company I would recommend every time. And, personally, I love Nathan's hand-finished cabinets, too. That would matter a lot to me. But, I think that there would be a very substantial cost difference between four Cap 4000ULF's, and four of the Funk Ultra 21's, in even the simplest cabinet finish.

I agree with everyone else who thinks that four Cap 4000ULF's in that room would be amazing!

Regards,
Mike
I am a big bang for the buck kind of guy so that is why the JTR cap4000 is so hard to beat. Like u said the best bang for the buck ulf there is. My plan is like you mentioned is to change out speakers later if I decide to since the jbls are giving me everything I need currently. Would you agree that going from quad hsu to quad cap4000 would be more noticeable upgrade then changing jbls to jtrs? Thank you for the input sir.
mthomas47 likes this.
post #25 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 905
This was posted in the funk thread....quad 24"....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200511_183547_com_1589236606887.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	797.0 KB
ID:	2724690  
ereed, SuperFist and arsMatrix like this.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
65" LG OLED C9, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!

Last edited by Billy p; 05-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
post #26 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
I agree that the JTR is hard to beat for the price. No I have no waf issues or anything else. She has the whole house to do whatever she likes and I have my room to go crazy and do whatever I want. She would never tell me what I can buy or put in our house that we both pay for and I would never tell her what she can buy or put in our house. We both support each other's hobbies etc. The reason I am looking at funk is the build and sound quality with good output. I don't care about finish at all and that does not matter to me at all. I want all my money to go towards performance and not a pretty cabinet. So as long as it is black box we are good to go!! If I can get a good deal with the funk near the same output and price of cap4000 then I will probably go with funk. All depends on the better deal I can get between the two. You have had funk and Jtr in the past correct?

Feel free to email me for a quote, for qty and flexibility on the finish there is room to work. We don't have it listed yet but the one that will offer the most output value is the "classic" 24" version. It will have the same output under 40hz as the ultra 24, fyi in our testing we got 111db at 10hz(2m ground plane), with just not as much above 40hz, for a lot lower cost than the Ultra.

Nathan Funk
Funk Audio
post #27 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 420
@ctripp2448

1. Is your room dedicated? Because if not then you are going to likely be hurting things in your house. People reported cracking windows, grout from tiles upstairs coming loose,etc. That is an insane amount of SPL.

2. Call Jeff at JTR, he will be more than happy to help you pick what is right for what you want and he doesn't try to over sell. Not that you could be over sold =)
Jeff wants happy customers and he does that well, he's really a rare great guy in the sales world.
Archaea, sigpig and ctripp2448 like this.

Theater: 2x JTR 215 RT's, 1x 215 RM, 10x JTR S8's, 2x UXL-18 GSG Full Martys, Onkyo NR3002, D-Sonic 7 Channel, 3x Inuke 6000DSPs, Oppo-203, HTPC, Roku Ultra, Harmony Elite, JVC NX-7
Second System: Philharmonitors AA, UXL-18 Mini-Marty, Denon X1300, Sony X700 UHD Player, Harmony, Vizio P65-E (This setup to be upgraded this year)
post #28 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
Quote:
I listen at very high volumes so I want to make sure I have alot of headroom as well as very low distortion.

This is why the recommendation to include some JTR LCR speakers is a good one. Until you've heard high efficiency speakers, you have no idea what you're missing. Combined with the 4Ks, you will have an insane amount of crystal clear effortless sound. Nothing against your JBLs, but the JTRs are in a completely different league. They will absolutely destroy your JBLs at high volumes without even breaking a sweat and requiring very little power.

As others have mentioned, speak to Jeff about recommendations. I would be surprised if he thought you needed more than two of the 4Ks and that would leave money for LCRs.
post #29 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
This is why the recommendation to include some JTR LCR speakers is a good one. Until you've heard high efficiency speakers, you have no idea what you're missing. Combined with the 4Ks, you will have an insane amount of crystal clear effortless sound. Nothing against your JBLs, but the JTRs are in a completely different league. They will absolutely destroy your JBLs at high volumes without even breaking a sweat and requiring very little power.

As others have mentioned, speak to Jeff about recommendations. I would be surprised if he thought you needed more than two of the 4Ks and that would leave money for LCRs.
I compared the JBL 590 to the PSA MTM 210s and even they are in a different league, the JTRs would be a league above that...so we may now be in a different dimension...

post #30 of 59 Old 05-11-2020, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Audio View Post
Feel free to email me for a quote, for qty and flexibility on the finish there is room to work. We don't have it listed yet but the one that will offer the most output value is the "classic" 24" version. It will have the same output under 40hz as the ultra 24, fyi in our testing we got 111db at 10hz(2m ground plane), with just not as much above 40hz, for a lot lower cost than the Ultra.
Thank you very much for the info on the 24 inch sub nathan. I will definitely be emailing you in the near future to go over some details and to see what you suggest for my setup. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page