Subdude-HT AND SVS SoundPath Subwoofer feet? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ed Mullen
  • 1 Post By Hetfieldjames

post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2020, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Subdude-HT AND SVS SoundPath Subwoofer feet?

So I have a SVS PB12-NSD on the third floor and am trying to reduce the amount of vibration and rattling in the walls and rooms directly below and adjacent.

I ordered both a Subdude-HT (https://auralex.com/subdude-ht/) AND SVS SoundPath subwoofer feet (https://www.svsound.com/products/sou...olation-system). Is it ok to use both or will the use of the feet negate the need for the Subdude-HT (or vice-versa)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2020, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
So I have a SVS PB12-NSD on the third floor and am trying to reduce the amount of vibration and rattling in the walls and rooms directly below and adjacent.

I ordered both a Subdude-HT (https://auralex.com/subdude-ht/) AND SVS SoundPath subwoofer feet (https://www.svsound.com/products/sou...olation-system). Is it ok to use both or will the use of the feet negate the need for the Subdude-HT (or vice-versa)?
You can certainly use both - but you probably won't need both. Both products will serve to isolate and decouple the subwoofer from the flooring. Some of the buzz/rattle will be strictly from acoustic sound pressure from the subwoofer and not from mechanical energy transmission - so don't expect a complete removal of all buzz/rattle. But they should definitely help.
Synomenon likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1985 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
I have the SVS feet on my PB1000 and I live in a condo with, knock on wood, no complaints. I have had this thing pretty loud at times.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Synomenon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2020, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
You can certainly use both - but you probably won't need both. Both products will serve to isolate and decouple the subwoofer from the flooring. Some of the buzz/rattle will be strictly from acoustic sound pressure from the subwoofer and not from mechanical energy transmission - so don't expect a complete removal of all buzz/rattle. But they should definitely help.
I have a PB12-NSD. The room is around 20ft. wide by 15ft. deep..

The seating positions are along one of the 20ft. walls and the home theater system on the opposite 20ft. wall. So the direct distance from the seating positions to the home theater system is around 10 to 12 ft..

The alternative route would have been to downgrade to something like the SB-1000. I didn't realize how much it costs though. I couldn't sell the PB12-NSD for enough to cover the cost of one SB-1000.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-26-2020, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 86
You won't need both. The SoudPath feet are more than enough to decouple the sub from the floor. Keep in mind, these sorts of things are mostly to keep wooden floors from vibrating. The effect is much less noticeable if you are on a solid foundation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page