Two Polk HTS 10 vs One Sub of a better Brand. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By eljaycanuck
  • 1 Post By d-rail34
  • 1 Post By qguy
  • 1 Post By Rubytux

post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2020, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Two Polk HTS 10 vs One Sub of a better Brand.

Hi, i have a budget 5.1 setup(Jamo 5.0 803 HCS) with a Denon S750h receiver with no subwoofer for a medium sized room.

I could buy two Polk HTS 10 ($255 each) or one sub of a better brand (SVS, etc.).

Can you help me decide which would be a better choice? Budget is us$499

My use would be 60% movies(UHD BR, Netflix, Prime Video) and 40% music(TIDAL, Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube Premium).

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2020, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Liked: 3161
Start with one 500W Monoprice Monolith 10" sub. It will crush both of those 100W Polks combined.
spyboy likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 05:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 1498
Since you have a decent amount of focus on music as part of your interest, I’d suggest looking into the Rythmik LV12F. It’ll cost a few bucks more, but with it being a servo controlled sub, it’ll provide cleaner, more accurate bass. If this is something that interests you, go onto the Rythmik owners thread to get some feedback. Also, you can PM or email Enrico or Bryan and let them know what it is that you’re trying to achieve and they’ll help steer you in the right direction...even if it’s suggesting going with something like SVS, Monolith, etc. Definitely worth looking into.

Hope this helps,

Darrell
spyboy likes this.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S/Rythmik T-Shirt (1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 195
You do know that eventually you would end up with two of the better subs, Right ?
eljaycanuck likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post
Start with one 500W Monoprice Monolith 10" sub. It will crush both of those 100W Polks combined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail34 View Post
Since you have a decent amount of focus on music as part of your interest, I’️d suggest looking into the Rythmik LV12F. It’️ll cost a few bucks more, but with it being a servo controlled sub, it’️ll provide cleaner, more accurate bass. If this is something that interests you, go onto the Rythmik owners thread to get some feedback. Also, you can PM or email Enrico or Bryan and let them know what it is that you’️re trying to achieve and they’️ll help steer you in the right direction...even if it’️s suggesting going with something like SVS, Monolith, etc. Definitely worth looking into.

Hope this helps,

Darrell
Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post
You do know that eventually you would end up with two of the better subs, Right ?
Thanks for your time in answering my post, the Monolith wouldnt arrive on time and since i am in Colombia, can not buy the Rythmik.

I ended buying the SVS PB 1000 on Amazon, arrives by monday with Prime, no tax and is within the budget.
d-rail34 likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubytux View Post
Thanks for your time in answering my post, the Monolith wouldnt arrive on time and since i am in Colombia, can not buy the Rythmik.

I ended buying the SVS PB 1000 on Amazon, arrives by monday with Prime, no tax and is within the budget.
Glad you were able to find something that’s more easily attainable.

For future reference, the guys at Rythmik do work with folks that live abroad, so if at some point you decide to upgrade (it’ll happen! ), give them a shout and hopefully they can help you out.

Once you get your sub and are ready to set it up, if you need assistance, hop over on the SVS owners thread and give Ed Mullen (SVS president) a shout or contact SVS directly via phone or email and they’ll be able to help you get up and running. Both SVS and Rythmik, along with PSA have probably the best customer service in the industry, so you’re definitely in good hands.

Congrats on your new sub purchase, and let us know your impressions of it once you’re all hooked up. And remember...post pics or it didn’t happen!

Darrell

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Living Room - Denon AVR-X2400H/MiniDSP 2X4HD/Hsu Research HB-1 Bookshelf (4) w/HC-1 Center/SVS PB12 Plus (1)/Samsung UN65H7150/Sony UBP-X800/PC Built by D-Rail/XBox One S/Rythmik T-Shirt (1)
post #7 of 7 Old 07-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Hsu vtf-2 mk5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page