Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 1041 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44463Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31201 of 31357 Old 05-29-2019, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadcru View Post
So I’ve decided on a second PB2 w/o regret. Should be shipped today—thanks for the affirmation Darth—I just needed that reassurance.
One more: would it be wiser to connect the 2 subs from a single sub out or use each sub out (I have 2 sub outs) and run them separately? I have them on their own output now but would like to see if corner loading both PB2’s would yield good results and that would mean y connecting the PB’s since my wiring is fixed in wall.
This depend on your AVR. While some AVR do have two sups output, some use an internal Y-splitter. So no difference than using a single output, then using a Y-splitter. And when it is the case, you will need to adjust each sub manually. For volume and phase setting (distance).

If using an AVR that use something like Audyssey XT32. The AVR will first do a calibration run with both subs separately, this is to adjust the volume and phase of each sub.
Then do a full calibration, for each speakers and the two sub together.

Knowing what AVR you use, would help for a better suggestion.
For the corner loading, it all depend on your room. Since no room interact the same.
That said it will should greatly re-enforce your lower frequencies, but could also destroy other frequencies due to the room factor.


Darth
gene4ht and pixphipau like this.

Last edited by darthray; 05-29-2019 at 06:15 PM.
darthray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #31202 of 31357 Old 05-30-2019, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadcru View Post
So I’ve decided on a second PB2 w/o regret. Should be shipped today—thanks for the affirmation Darth—I just needed that reassurance.
One more: would it be wiser to connect the 2 subs from a single sub out or use each sub out (I have 2 sub outs) and run them separately? I have them on their own output now but would like to see if corner loading both PB2’s would yield good results and that would mean y connecting the PB’s since my wiring is fixed in wall.
That depends on the AV processor you are running - most of them just have a dual mono sub-out. Some do have dual discrete sub-out. If that is the case with your AVR - the best option depends on where the subs are placed in the room and your ability to measure the in-room FR of the subwoofers.
pixphipau and nwmusicman like this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31203 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 12:57 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
PSA to the group

New to the forum and just wanted to add my own experience of late with regards to SVS Subwoofers



My system includes a Marantz SR5012 with Infinity Beta 40's as my mains, and Orb Audio speakers in the center, surround, and front height positions. Originally I had a small Polk entry level subwoofer I'd been happy with for many years. The room is 40ft by 30ft (9 foot ceilings and tile sub-floor) but the listening area occupies the forward left area of that space. The listening position is 12 ft in front of a 65inch TV with the mains left and right of that with 11 feet of separation. The left main floor standing speaker sits about 5 feet from the left wall. The setup actually makes for a very pleasing and spacious sound field.



A few months ago I visited brother and his system made me realize that my subwoofer really was inadequate. Started my research here and elsewhere and settled on a single SB2000. But brother convinced me that given the woofer would likely be my last...the SB3000 might be the better choice. Looked into it for a day (lots of internet research) and decided he was right. Gathered up all my horded Christmas and birthday money from 2 years and had a SB3000 setup and Audyssey tuned sitting just left of the right main speaker. I was stunned at the improvement it brought to my music/movie listening. SVS has really done something right with that model. But there was a problem....


Like many real folks, the location of my subwoofer is dictated by the wife and it's really not negotiable. I don't mind, Pros and Cons. But the SB3000 is so strong and clear...especially given my other gear ... that it was easy to locate from my normal listening location and there were a few holes in the lower freqs. I know how to fix that, but like I said, the location can't be changed without serious real world negative repercussions. I tried my best to live with it but I just couldn't do it. The localization was just to distracting. Every other aspect was perfect though. I read a lot here and other places ..and finally settled on the only practical solution. Add another SB3000 to the only other location that would be allowed....left of the left main speaker.



So yesterday afternoon the second SB3000 was set up and the tuning complete. The result was amazing. Folks often speak of the benefits of two vs one....I'm here to say that can't be overstated. The uniqueness of the room allowed the two to work well together. It really is a very large quality improvement over just the one. The quality of the SB3000 makes it to darn easy to hear issues/artifacts a low quality sub might not make so obvious. Localization issues are gone and the bass is stronger, cleaner, and just plain worth the extra money. To all the folks here, thanks for the info. I suspect there may be a few in my situation when it comes to what we have to work with. Haven't been this happy in a while. All smiles.



Keep up the good work,
Mako
Mako2019 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #31204 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako2019 View Post
New to the forum and just wanted to add my own experience of late with regards to SVS Subwoofers



My system includes a Marantz SR5012 with Infinity Beta 40's as my mains, and Orb Audio speakers in the center, surround, and front height positions. Originally I had a small Polk entry level subwoofer I'd been happy with for many years. The room is 40ft by 30ft (9 foot ceilings and tile sub-floor) but the listening area occupies the forward left area of that space. The listening position is 12 ft in front of a 65inch TV with the mains left and right of that with 11 feet of separation. The left main floor standing speaker sits about 5 feet from the left wall. The setup actually makes for a very pleasing and spacious sound field.



A few months ago I visited brother and his system made me realize that my subwoofer really was inadequate. Started my research here and elsewhere and settled on a single SB2000. But brother convinced me that given the woofer would likely be my last...the SB3000 might be the better choice. Looked into it for a day (lots of internet research) and decided he was right. Gathered up all my horded Christmas and birthday money from 2 years and had a SB3000 setup and Audyssey tuned sitting just left of the right main speaker. I was stunned at the improvement it brought to my music/movie listening. SVS has really done something right with that model. But there was a problem....


Like many real folks, the location of my subwoofer is dictated by the wife and it's really not negotiable. I don't mind, Pros and Cons. But the SB3000 is so strong and clear...especially given my other gear ... that it was easy to locate from my normal listening location and there were a few holes in the lower freqs. I know how to fix that, but like I said, the location can't be changed without serious real world negative repercussions. I tried my best to live with it but I just couldn't do it. The localization was just to distracting. Every other aspect was perfect though. I read a lot here and other places ..and finally settled on the only practical solution. Add another SB3000 to the only other location that would be allowed....left of the left main speaker.



So yesterday afternoon the second SB3000 was set up and the tuning complete. The result was amazing. Folks often speak of the benefits of two vs one....I'm here to say that can't be overstated. The uniqueness of the room allowed the two to work well together. It really is a very large quality improvement over just the one. The quality of the SB3000 makes it to darn easy to hear issues/artifacts a low quality sub might not make so obvious. Localization issues are gone and the bass is stronger, cleaner, and just plain worth the extra money. To all the folks here, thanks for the info. I suspect there may be a few in my situation when it comes to what we have to work with. Haven't been this happy in a while. All smiles.



Keep up the good work,
Mako
+1

Congrats! Yet another articulate performance validation of our beloved hobby and subs of choice!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 05-31-2019 at 01:53 PM.
gene4ht is offline  
post #31205 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 02:41 PM
Member
 
sloanthebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako2019 View Post
New to the forum and just wanted to add my own experience of late with regards to SVS Subwoofers



My system includes a Marantz SR5012 with Infinity Beta 40's as my mains, and Orb Audio speakers in the center, surround, and front height positions. Originally I had a small Polk entry level subwoofer I'd been happy with for many years. The room is 40ft by 30ft (9 foot ceilings and tile sub-floor) but the listening area occupies the forward left area of that space. The listening position is 12 ft in front of a 65inch TV with the mains left and right of that with 11 feet of separation. The left main floor standing speaker sits about 5 feet from the left wall. The setup actually makes for a very pleasing and spacious sound field.



A few months ago I visited brother and his system made me realize that my subwoofer really was inadequate. Started my research here and elsewhere and settled on a single SB2000. But brother convinced me that given the woofer would likely be my last...the SB3000 might be the better choice. Looked into it for a day (lots of internet research) and decided he was right. Gathered up all my horded Christmas and birthday money from 2 years and had a SB3000 setup and Audyssey tuned sitting just left of the right main speaker. I was stunned at the improvement it brought to my music/movie listening. SVS has really done something right with that model. But there was a problem....


Like many real folks, the location of my subwoofer is dictated by the wife and it's really not negotiable. I don't mind, Pros and Cons. But the SB3000 is so strong and clear...especially given my other gear ... that it was easy to locate from my normal listening location and there were a few holes in the lower freqs. I know how to fix that, but like I said, the location can't be changed without serious real world negative repercussions. I tried my best to live with it but I just couldn't do it. The localization was just to distracting. Every other aspect was perfect though. I read a lot here and other places ..and finally settled on the only practical solution. Add another SB3000 to the only other location that would be allowed....left of the left main speaker.



So yesterday afternoon the second SB3000 was set up and the tuning complete. The result was amazing. Folks often speak of the benefits of two vs one....I'm here to say that can't be overstated. The uniqueness of the room allowed the two to work well together. It really is a very large quality improvement over just the one. The quality of the SB3000 makes it to darn easy to hear issues/artifacts a low quality sub might not make so obvious. Localization issues are gone and the bass is stronger, cleaner, and just plain worth the extra money. To all the folks here, thanks for the info. I suspect there may be a few in my situation when it comes to what we have to work with. Haven't been this happy in a while. All smiles.



Keep up the good work,
Mako
Awesome Mako! I have a SB3000 on the way also. Can’t wait to get it hooked up. The biggest worry for me, my wife and credit card is that I will “need” 2 of them
sloanthebone is online now  
post #31206 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 03:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
Awesome Mako! I have a SB3000 on the way also. Can’t wait to get it hooked up. The biggest worry for me, my wife and credit card is that I will “need” 2 of them

Good luck going forward. Hopefully you will not be constrained as I was. The SB3000 could have easily worked as a single..if IO had had more latitude to move it to a better position. I really am impressed at it's quality/performance given the price and size. It really does perform far more like a much larger and more expensive sub.
sloanthebone likes this.
Mako2019 is offline  
post #31207 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako2019 View Post
Good luck going forward. Hopefully you will not be constrained as I was. The SB3000 could have easily worked as a single..if IO had had more latitude to move it to a better position. I really am impressed at it's quality/performance given the price and size. It really does perform far more like a much larger and more expensive sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
Awesome Mako! I have a SB3000 on the way also. Can’t wait to get it hooked up. The biggest worry for me, my wife and credit card is that I will “need” 2 of them

This one is easy.
You did the first step of getting a very good sub, Now you need to have some patience to get a second one.
Enjoy your sub for now, and when the funds allow-it. Get a second one.
Since I have been there many time for the wait time, a year or so can fly by very fast


Darth

Last edited by darthray; 05-31-2019 at 06:49 PM.
darthray is offline  
post #31208 of 31357 Old 05-31-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
This one is easy.
You did the first step of getting a very good sub, Now you need to have some patience to get a second one.
Enjoy your sub for now, and when the funds allow-it. Get a second one.
Since I have been there many time for the wait time, a year or so can fly by very fast


Darth
+1

He's on the train now....and there's no turning back!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #31209 of 31357 Old 06-02-2019, 03:53 AM
Senior Member
 
abba1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I've posted a couple of sub questions prior to this and here is another one. First a re-cap...I have a 1000 cu. ft. room with a couple of SB1000's. I have Ultras across the front powered by a Yamaha 1080. Thanks to some recommendations, I am thinking about one SB 3000 with perhaps a second 3000 in the future. My question is this...is there any reason to keep one SB1000 along with the initial SB3000? Thanks in advance.
abba1 is offline  
post #31210 of 31357 Old 06-02-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post
I've posted a couple of sub questions prior to this and here is another one. First a re-cap...I have a 1000 cu. ft. room with a couple of SB1000's. I have Ultras across the front powered by a Yamaha 1080. Thanks to some recommendations, I am thinking about one SB 3000 with perhaps a second 3000 in the future. My question is this...is there any reason to keep one SB1000 along with the initial SB3000? Thanks in advance.
It's generally a bit of a challenge to integrate two subs one model apart (i.e. SB1000 & SB2000) and even more so two models apart (SB1000 & SB3000)...not recommended. Although doable, the result is usually compromised in the direction of the less capable sub. Adding a second SB3000 in the future is a great goal/objective. Meanwhile, (1) is the SB1000 still eligible for trade in/up? (2) you can sell the SB1000 and apply proceeds toward the 2nd SB3000 and/or (3) use the SB1000 in a second system elsewhere in the home. Good luck with your decision!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 06-02-2019 at 05:14 AM. Reason: typo
gene4ht is offline  
post #31211 of 31357 Old 06-04-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post
I've posted a couple of sub questions prior to this and here is another one. First a re-cap...I have a 1000 cu. ft. room with a couple of SB1000's. I have Ultras across the front powered by a Yamaha 1080. Thanks to some recommendations, I am thinking about one SB 3000 with perhaps a second 3000 in the future. My question is this...is there any reason to keep one SB1000 along with the initial SB3000? Thanks in advance.
This would be a huge upgrade and I doubt you'll feel the need to run the SB-1000 with the SB-3000 - at least from a headroom standpoint.

As gene4ht stated, there will be some integration challenges due to the differences in phase response, dynamic output and frequency response - but it can be done.

With that said, if you are experiencing standing wave null issues and need another subwoofer to improve that situation, then definitely get another SB-3000 down the road, as integration will be much easier and more predictable from a phasing standpoint.
gene4ht and darthray like this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31212 of 31357 Old 06-06-2019, 12:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
Please contact SVS Customer Service directly at custservice(at)svsound.com. We'll take a look at everything and make sure you're taken care of.
I wanted to do a much longer post, but I couldn't find the time I needed for it. But I feel like I owe an answer to SVS, so here it goes.

I contacted SVS by e-mail and Scott Miller from CS answered within minutes asking for some personal info. He then told me to contact the seller for a warranty replacement, yay! I am not used to things getting solved so quickly.

So contacted the seller, and the response was actually a bit worse than what I am used to. After some days and e-mails, they said were going to order the plate amp, and it would take 60 days to arrive at the store. Not only that, the store is in another country (950 km), and they wouldn't send it to me. Needless to say I was not very happy about that, so I contacted SVS again to see if we could work something out.

Scott then just asked for my tax id and SVS sent me the plate amp (US to Brazil) and paid for everything! It arrived within 3 days. I can tell you this was not cheap for them. I am impressed and very happy that I went the SVS route. What a company.

Thank you SVS for your beyond excellent support. I wish it was easier/cheaper to buy more of your products here.

Since I am here, I notice a really faint pink noise when (and only) I get my head very close to the driver (something I never did before changing the plate amp)... I can hear several frequencies in maybe the 20-500 Hz range. Does anyone else notice this? It is not gain-dependent and is there even without the interconnect cable.
marcosmcc is offline  
post #31213 of 31357 Old 06-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I say "something I never did before changing the plate amp", I mean getting my head real close to the driver. The noise could've been there before, but it is unnoticeable from a distance.
marcosmcc is offline  
post #31214 of 31357 Old 06-06-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmcc View Post
When I say "something I never did before changing the plate amp", I mean getting my head real close to the driver. The noise could've been there before, but it is unnoticeable from a distance.
This faint sound is the noise floor of the amplifier - it's perfectly normal and only audible with your ear very near the woofer in a quiet room.
darthray, drh3b and marcosmcc like this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31215 of 31357 Old 06-06-2019, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
This faint sound is the noise floor of the amplifier - it's perfectly normal and only audible with your ear very near the woofer in a quiet room.
+1

Most RCA connections, will produce some.
The longer the cable run is, it can also increase the level of that noise floor.
XLR connections in most case, greatly reduce that noise.
Especially for longer run cables that might be require for an application, and will have no signal loss.

That said, getting into XLR connections. Can be sometime costly.
Not so much for cables, but having an AVP/AVR capable of using them.


Darth
Keith Zuehlke likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 06-06-2019 at 07:28 PM.
darthray is offline  
post #31216 of 31357 Old 06-08-2019, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
javan robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Hey all,

I've got a PB-2000 and it has a power problem. It intermittently works and the only way I can get it to work now is if I press on the actual cone of the sub and it will kick on for a few seconds.

Anyways, I havent used this sub much as its a bedroom sub and I've got the FV25HP downstairs, but I'd still like to know what the problem is so I can fix it.

Any ideas? Thanks again!




65" 900E Tee Vee | Denon 6300H AVR | PSA MTM-210s | PSA MTM-210c | PSA MTM-110s | Canton 880 InCeilings | Rythmik FV25HP
javan robinson is offline  
post #31217 of 31357 Old 06-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
HYPURR DBL NKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Noble Oklahoma
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
Hey all,

I've got a PB-2000 and it has a power problem. It intermittently works and the only way I can get it to work now is if I press on the actual cone of the sub and it will kick on for a few seconds.

Anyways, I havent used this sub much as its a bedroom sub and I've got the FV25HP downstairs, but I'd still like to know what the problem is so I can fix it.

Any ideas? Thanks again!
Call SVS. I am sure they can help diagnose and take care of you if it's still in warranty.
darthray likes this.
HYPURR DBL NKL is online now  
post #31218 of 31357 Old 06-09-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mbroadus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 3,340
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Currently thinking of purchasing a SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter but have heard that there’s a 9-10ms time alignment delay. SVS indicates that the time delay is not noticeable as an obvious time delay. Anyone notice an obvious time delay or is this something that an AVRs room correction software should be able to remedy?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
mbroadus is offline  
post #31219 of 31357 Old 06-09-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mbroadus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 3,340
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanthebone View Post
Awesome Mako! I have a SB3000 on the way also. Can’t wait to get it hooked up. The biggest worry for me, my wife and credit card is that I will “need” 2 of them

2 wives is a difficult ask!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
mbroadus is offline  
post #31220 of 31357 Old 06-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Member
 
sloanthebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
2 wives is a difficult ask!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am willing to give it a shot, maybe one of them will appreciate the mirrors rattling on the other side of the house......
sloanthebone is online now  
post #31221 of 31357 Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,277
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Currently thinking of purchasing a SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter but have heard that there’s a 9-10ms time alignment delay. SVS indicates that the time delay is not noticeable as an obvious time delay. Anyone notice an obvious time delay or is this something that an AVRs room correction software should be able to remedy?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
While very Bias, for using cables for any applications.
Having that 9-10ms delay, should be dealt by your AVR during the automated calibration. For the AVR Transmitter to the Sub Receiver delay, and you should not hear-it.

Other than a potential signal loss, for some reason from your AVR to the transmitter to the Sub Receiver (happen often on my PC, if using wireless. And why, I am back to wires on my PC). The reason for my Bias.
And finding ways to hide those wires. Just need some creativity

Darth
mbroadus and mthomas47 like this.

Last edited by darthray; 06-11-2019 at 06:35 AM.
darthray is offline  
post #31222 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
Hey all,

I've got a PB-2000 and it has a power problem. It intermittently works and the only way I can get it to work now is if I press on the actual cone of the sub and it will kick on for a few seconds.

Anyways, I havent used this sub much as its a bedroom sub and I've got the FV25HP downstairs, but I'd still like to know what the problem is so I can fix it.

Any ideas? Thanks again!
Sounds like an intermittent electrical connection in the woofer - we can replace the driver, no problem. Just reach out to Customer Service (if you haven't already). Thanks and sorry for the problem!

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31223 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Currently thinking of purchasing a SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter but have heard that there’s a 9-10ms time alignment delay. SVS indicates that the time delay is not noticeable as an obvious time delay. Anyone notice an obvious time delay or is this something that an AVRs room correction software should be able to remedy?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The latency on that unit is 25 ms. The AV processor will compensate for this by setting a longer distance for the subwoofer channel. The only time it won't completely compensate would be if the AVR has a distance limitation for the subwoofer channel which is exceeded (usually accompanied by a warning).
darthray likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31224 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mbroadus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 3,340
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
The latency on that unit is 25 ms. The AV processor will compensate for this by setting a longer distance for the subwoofer channel. The only time it won't completely compensate would be if the AVR has a distance limitation for the subwoofer channel which is exceeded (usually accompanied by a warning).

Thanks Ed...I heard to set the distance an extra 10ft on my AVR since the distance is added manually. The SB-3000 would be on a sidewall 7’ from my main listening position, so I’ll set the distance on my AVR at 17’.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
mbroadus is offline  
post #31225 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Delija's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NS
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 268
If Ed says 25 ms, then it's 25 ms. Not 10.

Speed of sound = 1125 ft/s = 1.125 ft/ms [20 °C]
25 ms ~= 28.125 ft

BTW, you need to add additional 1.5-2 ms - latency of subwoofer's DSP.
Ed Mullen likes this.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V

Last edited by Delija; 06-11-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Delija is offline  
post #31226 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
If Ed says 25 ms, then it's 25 ms. Not 10.

Speed of sound = 1125 ft/s = 1.125 ft/ms [20 °C]
25 ms ~= 28.125 ft

BTW, you need to add additional 1.5-2 ms - latency of subwoofer's DSP.
You need about 36 feet. If your AVR can't support that much, just set it to the max value.
mbroadus likes this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
post #31227 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Delija's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NS
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Maximum distance on Anthem MRX is 9 m (probably 30 ft - I haven't switched units), so it's not quite enough.

But, max distance + optimal phase setting on subwoofer should do the job.
mbroadus likes this.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
Delija is offline  
post #31228 of 31357 Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mbroadus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 3,340
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Official SVS Owners/Support Thread.

@Ed Mullen & @Delija - thank you very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
mbroadus is offline  
post #31229 of 31357 Old 06-14-2019, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
bigzee3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Hi guys, Has anyone played around with sub distance settings after Audyssey?. I know some people add a few feet and was wondering if anyone had some feedback.
bigzee3 is offline  
post #31230 of 31357 Old 06-14-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
confinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1202 Post(s)
Liked: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzee3 View Post
Hi guys, Has anyone played around with sub distance settings after Audyssey?. I know some people add a few feet and was wondering if anyone had some feedback.
Sub distance tweak is completely dependent on your setup so a general recommendation can not be given. Audyssey does not measure combined response of subs and main speakers, it only measures individual speaker response unfortunately. For some people there can be significant negative interaction around the crossover and even well below and above. You really need REW to sort this out though. For me with my mains up front and subs in the rear I get a marked null in mid base region that needs to be rectified with sub distance adjustment. Below link is quick version of how to do it.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...l#post55770290

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
confinoj is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off