Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 1047 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44631Likes

post #31381 of 31619 Old 07-23-2019, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLC View Post
In addition, Skinfax1 is so knowledgeable, makes me uneasy to appear to contradict him.
Feel free to contradict me, as much as you like. But I only see, that you are acting perfectly rational and logical. Analyzing and measuring and let the results guide your decisions to find the best compromise.
That way everyone learns what is possible with the present acoustics in the room and what the potential of equipment could be. It's all about increasing knowledge based on facts to make better decisions.

If I emphasize to use a room simulator, I do this, because most people here are about to buy more and more and more, but no one ever tells them to save their money and have a look at a simulation first to see the incredible impact the room and positioning has. It's more important than any equipment. And the best thing is: measuring and analyzing can set the potential of the available equipment free and costs the least amount of money. This is so obvious that it amazes me, why so few people follow it.

Good sound is always the result of engineering. And engineering always starts with measuring. Consumer industry and mainstream will never tell customers about that: improvements in room acoustics are worth roughly ten (10!) times the amount spent on equipment like speakers and receivers. For example: only $500 in room treatment is worth more than spending $5000 (fivethousand) on equipment.

Last edited by Skinfax1; 07-23-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31382 of 31619 Old 07-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Looking for some help in setting my SB-4000 when I don't use the room correction feature in my processor. I am using another preamp for music listening which is why I am asking. The SVS online calculator for my B&W's Nautilus 804's suggests the crossover to be set at 50hz. Attached is a graph of what my D1 processor came up with for room readings/correction

Can someone please provide me with suggestions with what to do with the PEQ filters when I am not using rooming correction? I've never used any features like this before so step by step would be extremely helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anthemfirst.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	498.5 KB
ID:	2593686  
post #31383 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:12 AM
WLC

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Recommended Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Looking for some help in setting my SB-4000 when I don't use the room correction feature in my processor. I am using another preamp for music listening which is why I am asking. The SVS online calculator for my B&W's Nautilus 804's suggests the crossover to be set at 50hz. Attached is a graph of what my D1 processor came up with for room readings/correction

Can someone please provide me with suggestions with what to do with the PEQ filters when I am not using rooming correction? I've never used any features like this before so step by step would be extremely helpful.
Svs's online also recommended a 50hz crossover for my Aerial 10ts and PC4000s. My stereo is analogue with a minidsp with dirac in the digital path before the DAC. Since it's an analogue system, I don't have a crossover. But I set the low pass filter at 80hz and cabled them so there is a left and right subwoofer, as per Ed Mullen and minidsp's recommendations. Sounds terrific.

I have not liked any PEQ settings with either the stereo or surround sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31384 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post
Hi, the by SVS mentioned lowest bass (say 18 Hz) is this at -3 dB or -6 dB ? Thanks...
post #31385 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Quote:

The subwoofer FR shown in your images is remarkably flat (even before EQ correction). I don't see an obvious need for any PEQs for the subwoofer.

With that said, I would certainly run ARC and allow it to EQ all channels, including the subwoofer. The only thing we typically recommend changing after ARC runs is the HPF it imposes on the subwoofer. This is typically a 3rd order (18 dB/octave) high pass in the 15-20 Hz range (depending on the subwoofer model).

There is no need for this high pass with the SB-4000, which is designed to take optimal advantage of available room gain, and removing it will allow the SB-4000 to extend much deeper in-room.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #31386 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post
The subwoofer FR shown in your images is remarkably flat (even before EQ correction). I don't see an obvious need for any PEQs for the subwoofer.

With that said, I would certainly run ARC and allow it to EQ all channels, including the subwoofer. The only thing we typically recommend changing after ARC runs is the HPF it imposes on the subwoofer. This is typically a 3rd order (18 dB/octave) high pass in the 15-20 Hz range (depending on the subwoofer model).

There is no need for this high pass with the SB-4000, which is designed to take optimal advantage of available room gain, and removing it will allow the SB-4000 to extend much deeper in-room.

Thanks for the reply Ed. Are you suggesting I do something with the sub settings after running ARC, or not? I a bit of newbie with all of this
post #31387 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Ed. Are you suggesting I do something with the sub settings after running ARC, or not? I a bit of newbie with all of this
You need to disable the subwoofer high pass in ARC. Contact Anthem for details on how to do this.

Ed Mullen
SVS

post #31388 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You need to disable the subwoofer high pass in ARC. Contact Anthem for details on how to do this.
Ah...I disabled and re-ran ARC already.

Thx
post #31389 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ed,

You convinced me to go with another PB-1000 since I have 2. Do you see any problems with using 3 1000’s or should I stick with just 2?

My room is 20ft deep, 13ft wide. My couch is 9ft from my screen with my dual 1000’s. I would place the 3rd roughly 9ft behind my couch against the side wall.

Last edited by rosstg; 07-24-2019 at 07:09 AM.
post #31390 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS ***** Member

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
Quoted: 5484 Post(s)
Liked: 10467
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstg View Post
I currently have a 7.2.2 setup. I was debating adding another Atmos modules or another sub and have decided on the sub. I currently have dual PB-1000’s. I was thinking about adding a PC2000 but was told by a few SVS reps that it’s not a good idea, to stick with the same line. I’m planning on placing the 3rd behind my couch near my wall roughly 5 ft from MPL. My question is will 3 subs be ok or am I better with sticking with 2?
Quote:
Ed,

You convinced me to go with another PB-1000 since I have 2. Do you see any problems with using 3 1000’s or should I stick with just 2?

My room is 20ft deep, 13ft wide. My couch is 9ft from my screen with my dual 1000’s. I would place the 3rd roughly 9ft behind my couch against the side wall.

Hi,

I can't speak for Ed, but I would not add another PB1000 if I were you. Instead, if I wanted to upgrade my bass, I would trade-in or sell my dual PB1000's, and upgrade to dual PB/PC2000's. That would be a far more significant upgrade than adding another PB1000, and it would also be a much better long-term investment in your HT system.

Sometimes, people only answer the questions you ask them. If the question is, "Should I add a PC2000 to my existing dual PB1000's?" then I agree with the answer you got. It is not likely that the two different models would integrate well because they are so different in tuning point, frequency response, and output. But, it is precisely because they are so different that I would recommend upgrading to the ported 2000's, rather than simply adding a third PB1000.

Adding a third sub can sometimes improve your overall frequency response, especially if you can distribute your subs on three different walls. But, the low-frequency extension will still be determined by the tuning point of that particular ported subwoofer model. And, the overall increase in max SPL from the addition of a third sub will only be 3db, averaged across the sub's bandwidth. (A doubling in subs yields an average of 6db of output, so going from 1 sub to 2 adds 6db, and going from 2 subs to 4 only adds another 6db.)

That is why it is so important to start with subwoofers which have the inherent output that you are looking for to begin with. And, it is why, with ported subs, you also want to start with the low-frequency extension that you are looking for--because that is determined by the port tune, cabinet volume, and DSP applied to that specific subwoofer.

A PC or PB2000 will have a frequency response which is several cycles (Hz) lower than the PB1000's you have now, and going from 2 PB1000's to 2 PB/PC2000's will increase your max undistorted output by a good deal more than 3db at every frequency. The 2000's are simply better subwoofers than the 1000's. In my opinion, that would be a much better option if you are looking for audible improvements in your HT system.

Regards,
Mike
alwaller, darthray and Magellan55 like this.

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.
post #31391 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1069
Quote:
Ed,

Will defer to Ed primarily but can give my less experienced opinion. If you are just trying to smooth out frequency response due to known nulls/peaks at primary listening positions adding a third matching sub may help assuming you can find proper positioning for all 3. REW would go a long way here. You would get a little extra headroom as well. If however you are primarily looking for more output, deeper extension, or improved sound quality you would be better off upgrading the existing PB-1000s.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | HDHomeRun Quatro | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | 40TB Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #31392 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

I can't speak for Ed, but I would not add another PB1000 if I were you. Instead, if I wanted to upgrade my bass, I would trade-in or sell my dual PB1000's, and upgrade to dual PB/PC2000's. That would be a far more significant upgrade than adding another PB1000, and it would also be a much better long-term investment in your HT system.

Sometimes, people only answer the questions you ask them. If the question is, "Should I add a PC2000 to my existing dual PB1000's?" then I agree with the answer you got. It is not likely that the two different models would integrate well because they are so different in tuning point, frequency response, and output. But, it is precisely because they are so different that I would recommend upgrading to the ported 2000's, rather than simply adding a third PB1000.

Adding a third sub can sometimes improve your overall frequency response, especially if you can distribute your subs on three different walls. But, the low-frequency extension will still be determined by the tuning point of that particular ported subwoofer model. And, the overall increase in max SPL from the addition of a third sub will only be 3db, averaged across the sub's bandwidth. (A doubling in subs yields an average of 6db of output, so going from 1 sub to 2 adds 6db, and going from 2 subs to 4 only adds another 6db.)

That is why it is so important to start with subwoofers which have the inherent output that you are looking for to begin with. And, it is why, with ported subs, you also want to start with the low-frequency extension that you are looking for--because that is determined by the port tune, cabinet volume, and DSP applied to that specific subwoofer.

A PC or PB2000 will have a frequency response which is several cycles (Hz) lower than the PB1000's you have now, and going from 2 PB1000's to 2 PB/PC2000's will increase your max undistorted output by a good deal more than 3db at every frequency. The 2000's are simply better subwoofers than the 1000's. In my opinion, that would be a much better option if you are looking for audible improvements in your HT system.

Regards,
Mike
Yeah, I’m not selling my 1000’s. I’m very happy with them. I was looking at adding a PC2000 but would like to stay with the same models for obvious reasons. My plan is to have 4. I will be adding the 3rd in a bit then the 4th in the new year.
post #31393 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I’m not selling my 1000’s. I’m very happy with them. I was looking at adding a PC2000 but would like to stay with the same models for obvious reasons. My plan is to have 4. I will be adding the 3rd in a bit then the 4th in the new year.
Good advice above. If you are staying with the PB-1000s, then by all means proceed with the 3rd and ultimately the 4th. The multi-sub research to date show diminishing returns past the 4th - so don't go beyond that.

Adding more PB-1000s will yield smoother bass at more locations in the room and greater dynamic headroom. It will not (as others have already stated) get you any additional deep extension.
darthray likes this.

Ed Mullen
SVS

post #31394 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Good advice above. If you are staying with the PB-1000s, then by all means proceed with the 3rd and ultimately the 4th. The multi-sub research to date show diminishing returns past the 4th - so don't go beyond that.

Adding more PB-1000s will yield smoother bass at more locations in the room and greater dynamic headroom. It will not (as others have already stated) get you any additional deep extension.
Right, I wasn’t expecting deeper extension, just smoother response. I find the 1000’s just right, especially now that they are properly positioned. My concern was adding the 3rd, I’ve heard 3 subs are difficult to get right.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
post #31395 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Right, I wasn’t expecting deeper extension, just smoother response. I find the 1000’s just right, especially now that they are properly positioned. My concern was adding the 3rd, I’ve heard 3 subs are difficult to get right.
I recommend REW for all multi-sub integration. They are not necessarily harder than duals - just takes longer. Let REW drive the set-up process and phasing adjustments.

Ed Mullen
SVS

post #31396 of 31619 Old 07-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I recommend REW for all multi-sub integration. They are not necessarily harder than duals - just takes longer. Let REW drive the set-up process and phasing adjustments.
Yep, agreed. I had a lot of trial and error with their placement. Finally got them setup proper. No localization, the bass hits hard but nuanced and it surrounds my entire sectional.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/

Last edited by rosstg; 07-24-2019 at 04:20 PM.
post #31397 of 31619 Old 07-25-2019, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
Well after having the BIC F12 for 8 years it is time for an upgrade. Went with the SVS PB-3000. Did alot of research here and decided on this model. Should be here end of next week. Until then i'm going to relearn how to setup and adjust the new sub. I'm excited to see how the new subs sounds.
You will probably be blown away like I was and actually feel it was money well spent (which i thought the exact opposite prior to receiving mine)
darthray and Bodyslide like this.

Do it all or don't do it at all.
post #31398 of 31619 Old 07-27-2019, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
just finished the 12 Soldiers Blu Ray and the Helicopter scenes had the house a rocking...

Final Receiver Settings for now:
Sub is running at -10db and it's a true Beast. Watched a few UHD movies and Blu Movies and having a blast with it.

Subwoofer: Yes
Front: Small
Center: Small
Surround: Small
Height: Small
Crossover: 80 Hz

Front Left: +4.0
Center: +3.0
Front Right: +4.0
Height Left: +8.0
Height Right: +8.0
Surround Right: +2
Surround Left: +2
Subwoofer: 0.0

4KTV: Sony 65 930E Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX101 7.2 Channel ATMOS/DTS-X Speakers: JAMO S 807(2) Fronts, Andrew Jones SP-FS52 (2) Rears, Center:SP-C22, Klipsch R-14SA Atmos Subwoofer: SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer 4K Player and Misc: Panasonic UB-820, Sony X700, Sony X800, Samsung UBD-K8500, Comcast Arris AX014ANM and Extreme 150 Internet and PS4 (6TB Edition)

Last edited by Bodyslide; 08-03-2019 at 01:35 PM.
post #31399 of 31619 Old 08-05-2019, 05:36 AM
WLC

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Genesis and Sub Calibration

I just want to re-iterate that the suggestions made by Mike in his excellent guide also apply to ARC genesis in relation to keeping the sub calibration in the negative. Genesis doesn't allow the user to ignore the sub level too high warning. Consequently, my sub calibration was +10. After lowering it to -5 and raising the sub volumes from -30 to -15, I got identical REW graphs. However, the sound was so different that I now was able to add an additional 3 db to the subs.
If you talk with Anthem support, they tell you to place the sub volume at 50% level before running Genesis. However, when pushed, they agreed that it was a good idea to change the calibration level as stated above.
I love Genesis and believe it is a significant improvement. But, again, it doesn't obviate the need for good sub management.
darthray and mthomas47 like this.
post #31400 of 31619 Old 08-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I am looking for SVS bash 750W amp for PB13Ultra sub. Let me know if you have one for sale. I took mine apart, besides cracked TH1, I discovered 5 damaged components. It won't be a trivial fix as I don't know the part numbers for some...
post #31401 of 31619 Old 08-07-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 3269
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
I am looking for SVS bash 750W amp for PB13Ultra sub. Let me know if you have one for sale. I took mine apart, besides cracked TH1, I discovered 5 damaged components. It won't be a trivial fix as I don't know the part numbers for some...
Contact SVS customer service. They will sell you a new amp, while not a Bash model. Since it is no longer available.
They have Sledge sub amp, that will match your PB13-Ultra.

Darth
Matt2026 likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 08-07-2019 at 05:57 PM.
post #31402 of 31619 Old 08-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Contact SVS customer service. They will sell you a new amp, while not a Bash model. Since it is no longer available.
They have Sledge sub amp, that will match your PB13-Ultra.

Darth
I did exactly that. I have 2 PB13Ultra subs with Bash amps and would like to have them matching. Not ready to pay the price they quoted X2. Subs are used in stereo setup I don't want any additional processing to time align them since they likely have different latency. SVS is no help as they don't have any specs available, cannot help with part numbers either. Overall these subs have been very unreliable for me. SVS replaced the first 2 amps (within warranty period). Then the first replaced amp failed and I fixed it. A few days ago my second replacement amp failed. I would fix it if I had the needed part numbers. TH1 was cracked in this amp as well. I have most of them... I hardly ever use these things and when I do I barely push them to 1/10th of what they are capable of.

Last edited by tpaxadpom; 08-07-2019 at 09:08 PM.
post #31403 of 31619 Old 08-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The new Sledge amplifier is much better quality than the old Bash unit from everything I read on here. I bought my PC13-Ultra used and the previous owner replaced the amp with the Sledge unit right before selling and I've had it a few years now with zero trouble. The Sledge amp is also more powerful. I use mine daily.
darthray likes this.
post #31404 of 31619 Old 08-08-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 3269
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
I did exactly that. I have 2 PB13Ultra subs with Bash amps and would like to have them matching. Not ready to pay the price they quoted X2. Subs are used in stereo setup I don't want any additional processing to time align them since they likely have different latency. SVS is no help as they don't have any specs available, cannot help with part numbers either. Overall these subs have been very unreliable for me. SVS replaced the first 2 amps (within warranty period). Then the first replaced amp failed and I fixed it. A few days ago my second replacement amp failed. I would fix it if I had the needed part numbers. TH1 was cracked in this amp as well. I have most of them... I hardly ever use these things and when I do I barely push them to 1/10th of what they are capable of.
While I never had any problem with my two PB13-Ultra, using the Bash amp.
SVS change there distributer to those Sledge, due to some people having problem.
For the price, it is up to you. That said if SVS say the Sledge amp are compatible to replace the Bash amp, it would be the best amp replacement in my opinion.

Darth
mthomas47 likes this.
post #31405 of 31619 Old 08-08-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 6983 Post(s)
Liked: 8258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
The new Sledge amplifier is much better quality than the old Bash unit from everything I read on here. I bought my PC13-Ultra used and the previous owner replaced the amp with the Sledge unit right before selling and I've had it a few years now with zero trouble. The Sledge amp is also more powerful. I use mine daily.
I've owned SVS subs for at least 15 years, and only have had one problem, which was my fault. Never assume you can watch " The Dark Knight Rises " cranked to the same beyond reference sound level you watched " The Dark Knight " the night before at. You can do it, but ears might bleed, and your voice coil might start smoking. My bad.

[email protected] JVC RS4500, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Panamorph Paladin DCR lens, Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreens - 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST130 & 122" diagonal 16:9 Cima Neve, Denon X8500, Parasound A 52+ amp, Martin Logan Motion series 9.4 speakers, four SVS subs, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 203, PFP M1500 UPS
post #31406 of 31619 Old 08-08-2019, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Moving on. I recently pulled the trigger on a PSA V1811, so I won't be in here much at all. My PB-2000 served me well, and will hopefully give someone else as much joy, as it did me. I will pop in once in a while. Keep the bass bumpin'.
Keith Zuehlke likes this.
post #31407 of 31619 Old 08-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi, I currently have the PB12-NSD subwoofer and I am looking to upgrade because I don't think the sub is good for my room. The room is 18 x 19 x8 and is an open concept. I was looking at the SB 4000, I like the size of this sub, do you think this would be a significant improvement over my current sub ? Also, my listening is mostly movies and tv.

Thanks
post #31408 of 31619 Old 08-09-2019, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6375 Post(s)
Liked: 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner23 View Post
Hi, I currently have the PB12-NSD subwoofer and I am looking to upgrade because I don't think the sub is good for my room. The room is 18 x 19 x8 and is an open concept. I was looking at the SB 4000, I like the size of this sub, do you think this would be a significant improvement over my current sub ? Also, my listening is mostly movies and tv.

Thanks
In an open concept room, you would want to stick with ported subs. The PB4000 would be an excellent choice and a major step up.
darthray and mthomas47 like this.
post #31409 of 31619 Old 08-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
In an open concept room, you would want to stick with ported subs. The PB4000 would be an excellent choice and a major step up.
Thanks, the PB4000 is a large sub, I might be able to get it. The SB16 is smaller in size, do you think that would be okay for an open concept ?
post #31410 of 31619 Old 08-09-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner23 View Post
Thanks, the PB4000 is a large sub, I might be able to get it. The SB16 is smaller in size, do you think that would be okay for an open concept ?
Agree with Alan P. In that size room with primarily movies and wanting more compared with the ported sub you already have I would stick with a ported sub. The PB-3000 reportedly comes close to the performance of the PB-4000 and would be a little smaller and cheaper than the PB-4000 yet still a significant upgrade. You can also consider the PC-4000 which is essentially a PB-4000 in a space saving cylinder form as long as you don't mind the height.
darthray likes this.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | HDHomeRun Quatro | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | 40TB Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page