Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. - Page 598 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44655Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17911 of 31645 Old 09-26-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
[Irishman]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
SVS will instantly be the best subwoofers sold by Bestbuy.
Agreed! Certainly the best performers, and hopefully the best-selling.

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
[Irishman] is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17912 of 31645 Old 09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Member
 
ohioratrodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Would 2 pb-2000 be enough for a 6000 cubic foot open basement for mainly movies?
ohioratrodder is offline  
post #17913 of 31645 Old 09-26-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 8,048
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 2537
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioratrodder View Post
Would 2 pb-2000 be enough for a 6000 cubic foot open basement for mainly movies?
Unless you're a basshead and/or are looking for 110db output at 20hz and you aren't sitting 20+ feet from them then I think they would be OK for that room.

You always have the option with SVS of trying them for 45 days to see for yourself.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Kini62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17914 of 31645 Old 09-26-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,889
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 853
New SVS Product October 10th

Hmm this sounds interesting. Wonder what it could be? https://www.facebook.com/SVSound/pho...type=1&theater
retro124 likes this.

Sony 75X900E 4K
Marantz SR7011 Parasound Halo A52+
Klipsch RF7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's, RP500SAs Atmos
SVS Dual SB13 Ultra's
Oppo UDP-203 4K Sony PS4 Pro Panamax 5300PM
cchunter is offline  
post #17915 of 31645 Old 09-26-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Hmm this sounds interesting. Wonder what it could be? https://www.facebook.com/SVSound/pho...type=1&theater
Ok I thing it is brand new 15" woofer
cchunter likes this.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17916 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Ok I thing it is brand new 15" woofer
2 years back ed told me from svs that they were trying there best to get a new 16 inch ultra driver to the market.But that idea went out the water.Main reason was maerial for the driver they wanted to use were so high in cost it would make the driver cost more then for them to seel it .That being said i dont think it's a new Ultra i mean if it is cool.But i think it's a new driver for there plus.That driver has not had a upgrade in what 8 years.or less give or take.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17917 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
2 years back ed told me from svs that they were trying there best to get a new 16 inch ultra driver to the market.But that idea went out the water.Main reason was maerial for the driver they wanted to use were so high in cost it would make the driver cost more then for them to seel it .That being said i dont think it's a new Ultra i mean if it is cool.But i think it's a new driver for there plus.That driver has not had a upgrade in what 8 years.or less give or take.
Thanks for info, Well that will be a great news for me. I love those Pluses woofers but if they can be even better driver why not just wondering how much better they can do.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3

Last edited by retro124; 09-27-2014 at 10:51 AM.
retro124 is online now  
post #17918 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Member
 
PorkchopExpr3ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gods waiting room.(Boca Raton)
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
have my new pb 13 in a 12x12 room temporally and isnt worth turning on. cant wait to put it in the 15x12 room with a few treatments and make it come alive.
PorkchopExpr3ss is offline  
post #17919 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Thanks for info, Well that will be a great news for me. I love those Pluses woofers but if they can be even better driver why not just wondering how much better they can do.
You see i have a feeling that if svs makes a new plus they will just take the same ultra driver pop it in a plus.And call it a ultraplus.Then maybe down the road or the same time on october 10 give us a new utra driver.Thing is really it come's to a point in are minds were how much really do we need for bass.The svs pb13 ultra is at a point were it is in a state of enjoyment for so many aduiobuff's like me and you.and i see and read peopel talking about owning more then 1 ultra and they push all that kickass power in a rom that is like 10 x 10.Lmao so really at the end of the day,for me i would more like to see soemthing new from svs or a new driver for the plus.A ultra is in a state were it's Good no matter how big the driver is .It already makes people say yup 1,000 watts RMS might aswell be happy with what i got.Idk that is just how my mind is.we will just have to wait and see what they do.One thing for sure is a ultra is already REALY REALY BIG.a 16 inch sub all i can say is now were dealing with something no everyone will be able to put in a small room.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17920 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
You see i have a feeling that if svs makes a new plus they will just take the same ultra driver pop it in a plus.And call it a ultraplus.Then maybe down the road or the same time on october 10 give us a new utra driver.Thing is really it come's to a point in are minds were how much really do we need for bass.The svs pb13 ultra is at a point were it is in a state of enjoyment for so many aduiobuff's like me and you.and i see and read peopel talking about owning more then 1 ultra and they push all that kickass power in a rom that is like 10 x 10.Lmao so really at the end of the day,for me i would more like to see soemthing new from svs or a new driver for the plus.A ultra is in a state were it's Good no matter how big the driver is .It already makes people say yup 1,000 watts RMS might aswell be happy with what i got.Idk that is just how my mind is.we will just have to wait and see what they do.One thing for sure is a ultra is already REALY REALY BIG.a 16 inch sub all i can say is now were dealing with something no everyone will be able to put in a small room.
Sounds great I'm excited to see what they will have for us. I really don't need to have more bass then I have now but if is part of upgrading so why not to have latest. ( I have one sub only like 7 months now one other only 5).

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17921 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 03:38 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 626
I hope it isn't a new Plus driver as that would surely drive up the price. Right now the plus hits the sweet spot, especially the PC12-Plus for $1050 in outlet. Knowing that I can get two Pluses for the price of one PB13-Ultra has made it easier to make up my mind. If they increase the price of the Plus, it will make my decision much harder.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #17922 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I hope it isn't a new Plus driver as that would surely drive up the price. Right now the plus hits the sweet spot, especially the PC12-Plus for $1050 in outlet. Knowing that I can get two Pluses for the price of one PB13-Ultra has made it easier to make up my mind. If they increase the price of the Plus, it will make my decision much harder.
You are right so move faster, I have dual PC-12 Pluses and they are amazing, i compared to single Ultra also and it is much better to do dual a specially with correct placing. I'm excited if new Plus driver will show up, just don't know if I decide to upgrade how this will work.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17923 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
You are right so move faster, I have dual PC-12 Pluses and they are amazing, i compared to single Ultra also and it is much better to do dual a specially with correct placing. I'm excited if new Plus driver will show up, just don't know if I decide to upgrade how this will work.
We should keep this in the back of are minds tho.There are also rumors going out there that svs is working on something totaly different then a sub driver.There could just be maybe who know's a blutooth speaker we do not know.maybe it's a subwoofer with bluetooth inside of who know's.All i can say is if it was a ultra i think we would of known by now.It would of happened just like svs changed how the metal grill was to now hole's.Svs i feel is bringing something totaly new of a beast.A ultra or a plus who know's.maybe it's it just could be a ultratron driver or a optomus prime lmao i kid i kid.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17924 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Batman61405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Horsham, PA
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I feel like SVS making a new plus driver would only drive up the price of the plus. IMO, the plus is already close enough in price to the ultra to be a deciding factor. Making the plus more expensive, to me, wouldn't make sense because what's another couple hundred bucks to get the ultra over the plus if they make the plus more expensive. The current $600 price difference between the 2 is enough to sway customers to spend less IMO.


People like me and others really want a 15'' driver in an SVS sub. I'm extremely curious to see the kind of performance SVS can get out of a beastly 15'' driver and I know others are just as curious as I am. Having said that, SVS has more customers for their SB 13 Ultra than the PB13 and PC 13 Ultras combined! This was stated by Gary himself on an AV Rant podcast I heard him on back in Feb. The PB, and PC for that matter, are just too big for most people to fit in their rooms, or most people just don't want a sub that is that big. I am not one of those people haha. Laws of physics cant be broken.


You have to have goals in mind when designing a product as most of us know I'm sure. The goal I want SVS to achieve is the absolute BEST performing 15'' subwoofer they can make for a price of $3000-$3200. I think SVS' only option to go with a 15'' driver is to make it sealed first. A SB 15 Ultra would be great IMO. I'd love to see a dual opposed 15'' design like the Seaton Submersive has. You can get insane performance and still keep it on the smaller side than if they made a PB15 Ultra. A PB 15 Ultra would have to be INSANELY HUGE! I'd get one I'm sure haha, but it might not be the smartest business decision/investment for SVS to make when the SB13 Ultra sells more than the huge PB13 they already have for 2k.


The market and customers are there for SVS to go after more of the higher end marketplace (Seaton, JTR etc) if they decide to go more expensive.


I'm extremely hopeful SVS will one day take the plunge and try to compete in that higher end market. They have the budget subs, mid level subs, and semi high end covered. I want to see them go huge! Problem is they don't build crappy subs with crappy materials and amps. All their subs, especially the PB 13 Ultra, are build like tanks! I still miss mine haha It's just a matter of if SVS can build something with that kind of high price tag that meets/exceeds their expectations and matches their companies reputation.


I know they can do it. It's just a matter of when. I hope it's within the next 5 years. People seem to never upgrade from a Seaton Submersive. I want SVS to throw a monkey wrench into that and deliver a sub that truly competes with it on a price/performance level. I look forward to the day they do.


In the meantime, I'm excited to see what it is they're revealing in October
cchunter and retro124 like this.

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-4000Auralex MoPAD Paragon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony Elite
Batman61405 is offline  
post #17925 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Batman61405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Horsham, PA
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
We should keep this in the back of are minds tho.There are also rumors going out there that svs is working on something totaly different then a sub driver.There could just be maybe who know's a blutooth speaker we do not know.maybe it's a subwoofer with bluetooth inside of who know's.All i can say is if it was a ultra i think we would of known by now.It would of happened just like svs changed how the metal grill was to now hole's.Svs i feel is bringing something totaly new of a beast.A ultra or a plus who know's.maybe it's it just could be a ultratron driver or a optomus prime lmao i kid i kid.

I heard that same thing. On the same podcast I mentioned in my earlier post, Gary said their next products is NOT a subwoofer. I'm getting my hopes up way too much, but I'll be shocked if it is a subwoofer. It's probably something totally different. I'm still excited to see what it is though.

Polk CS20Polk Tsi 500'sPolk Tsi 200'sDenon AVR 3300WSilver Ticket 92'' 16;9 White ScreenBenq HT2050 ProjectorXbox OneWii UPanasonic DMP-BDT 210SVS PB-4000Auralex MoPAD Paragon 4oz Theater Pop Popcorn MachineLogitech Harmony Elite
Batman61405 is offline  
post #17926 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Could be an Atmos add-on for their current speaker line, or a whole new line of Atmos speakers.
dprice18af is offline  
post #17927 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Snowmanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
Could be an Atmos add-on for their current speaker line, or a whole new line of Atmos speakers.
I emailed regarding Atmos speakers a few weeks ago. Ed replied they aren't making any nor planning on it soon, and recomended some DefTech inceiling speakers to go with their Ultra line.

Now if it is a sub, I think it would make sense for it to be an Ultra. The 13.5" Ultra is the oldest sub in the lineup, has significant competition in its price range, and the Plus is so close to it that upgrading the Plus to something with higher output/performance is going to canabalize their Ultra sales. Do the Ultra first and then the Plus/3000 would make more sense.
I'm also hoping the price difference isn't that much. Something like an Sb-15 Ultra at $2,200 USD would make quite a splash.

Last edited by Snowmanick; 09-27-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Snowmanick is offline  
post #17928 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm considering purchasing SVS pb1000 for my fairly small theatre room.... From reviews I don't think I'll regret it...
fredxr2d2 likes this.
OdinGOW is offline  
post #17929 of 31645 Old 09-27-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinGOW View Post
I'm considering purchasing SVS pb1000 for my fairly small theatre room.... From reviews I don't think I'll regret it...
Considering SVS sub is for sure great choice just pick up right one. Tell us more your room size, what you listen more music or movies and what speakers do you have?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17930 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 01:53 AM
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 5,866
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
I emailed regarding Atmos speakers a few weeks ago. Ed replied they aren't making any nor planning on it soon, and recomended some DefTech inceiling speakers to go with their Ultra line.

Now if it is a sub, I think it would make sense for it to be an Ultra. The 13.5" Ultra is the oldest sub in the lineup, has significant competition in its price range, and the Plus is so close to it that upgrading the Plus to something with higher output/performance is going to canabalize their Ultra sales. Do the Ultra first and then the Plus/3000 would make more sense.
I'm also hoping the price difference isn't that much. Something like an Sb-15 Ultra at $2,200 USD would make quite a splash.
A new ultra would be interesting. I could sell move the the SB12+ to the computer system, move the Ultra 13.5" to the hifi (the adjustable high pass and 2 channel PEQ) is useful here then get two of the new flagship sealed subs.
fatbottom is offline  
post #17931 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 02:54 AM
Member
 
PorkchopExpr3ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gods waiting room.(Boca Raton)
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
ugh i hope its not a new/better ultra, id feel bad shipping mine back, and kind of a hassle.
cchunter likes this.
PorkchopExpr3ss is offline  
post #17932 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Mk3_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Finally ordered a PB-2000 for the living room. Can't wait to get it. What volume do you guys recommend setting the sub at when running MCACC?
Mk3_wagen is offline  
post #17933 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpr3ss View Post
ugh i hope its not a new/better ultra, id feel bad shipping mine back, and kind of a hassle.
If you have already Ultra sub you are for sure more then 100% satisfied unless you looking for another one. If new Ultra snow up you can upgrade but will cost tou some $$$ but you don't need to because you already have killer sub

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17934 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 07:34 AM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,908
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
You are right so move faster, I have dual PC-12 Pluses and they are amazing, i compared to single Ultra also and it is much better to do dual a specially with correct placing. I'm excited if new Plus driver will show up, just don't know if I decide to upgrade how this will work.
Since I jumped on the 4520 deal at BB I am going to have to wait on a subwoofer unfortunately. However it could end up being a positive if they come out with improved subs without a huge price increase.
If I were able to buy today it would be dual PC12+.
retro124 likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
mnc is offline  
post #17935 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
joseph10704's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpr3ss View Post
ugh i hope its not a new/better ultra, id feel bad shipping mine back, and kind of a hassle.
For me if i owned a ultra right now.I would just keep what i have.If it work's for me.if the ultra does not make me happy.Then yes i would look for a bigger sub from svs if they have it.For me it come's down to a few thing's value,price,and formefactor.While yes i can fit a ultra in my house.and in my room even tho my room is only 9 x11.Still i feel if svs made a new ultra we wont be getting a new ultra in my house.I would have no choice but to rethink my thought's about what sub i will get then.And to be real.I feel svs might now be makeing a pb15 ultra any time soon.But hey we dont know that intill october 10th.
joseph10704 is offline  
post #17936 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
I can't read new posts here do you guys have same problem? OK it is working now just it skip 5 posts no big deal.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17937 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I hope it isn't a new Plus driver as that would surely drive up the price. Right now the plus hits the sweet spot, especially the PC12-Plus for $1050 in outlet. Knowing that I can get two Pluses for the price of one PB13-Ultra has made it easier to make up my mind. If they increase the price of the Plus, it will make my decision much harder.
That is great AVR so don't worry I'm sure PC-pluses will be available for same price, I don't think SVS even if new driver will show up increase price. I'm guessing it will be same and older drivers will go on sale. If we are talking about new Plus but who knows what sup rice we will have on Oct 10th.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #17938 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 02:00 PM
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 5,866
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
For me if i owned a ultra right now.I would just keep what i have.If it work's for me.if the ultra does not make me happy.Then yes i would look for a bigger sub from svs if they have it.For me it come's down to a few thing's value,price,and formefactor.While yes i can fit a ultra in my house.and in my room even tho my room is only 9 x11.Still i feel if svs made a new ultra we wont be getting a new ultra in my house.I would have no choice but to rethink my thought's about what sub i will get then.And to be real.I feel svs might now be makeing a pb15 ultra any time soon.But hey we dont know that intill october 10th.
SB will work better in that room.
cchunter likes this.
fatbottom is offline  
post #17939 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Member
 
PorkchopExpr3ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gods waiting room.(Boca Raton)
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
i fall into the 45 day trial and the 1 year upgrade policy. (thanks svs) so if i want to, i can exchange. my last setup was diy duel 15's and i miss that super low end chest pound, and i cant physically fit another svs. so if they decide to come out with a 15, im getting it. i was actually thinking of making an 18 inch sub as an end table, i want more! lol
PorkchopExpr3ss is offline  
post #17940 of 31645 Old 09-28-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpr3ss View Post
i fall into the 45 day trial and the 1 year upgrade policy. (thanks svs) so if i want to, i can exchange. my last setup was diy duel 15's and i miss that super low end chest pound, and i cant physically fit another svs. so if they decide to come out with a 15, im getting it. i was actually thinking of making an 18 inch sub as an end table, i want more! lol
So why did you come from DIY sub 15" to SVS Ultra?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
retro124 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Speaker Systems , Svs , svs pb-2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , svs pb12 plus , Svs Pb13 Ultra , svs pc-4000 , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Pc12 Ultra , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off